• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Static Jak

The way money is used in this game just needs some serious tweaking.

I had 15,000 last night but I ended up with just 5 after messing about in free roam for something like 45 minutes to an hour. The amount you loose when you die is a joke. Hell, you shouldn't loose anything if it's banked imo.

Top that with the crazy prices for anything along with the low income from jobs and it makes it feel like a huge grind.

Heists better have a huge payout when they come into the game.

Batigol

Banned
It seems all the patches do is stop you making too much money? It's always stuff like no repeat missions, or reward downgrade or something

What's the cheapest apartment btw? Got around 50k

J4g3r

Anyone seen a player who bought a tank yet? Where do they + planes etc spawn when you buy them?

The planes/helicopters you call a number and it gets delivered to a spot. (Much like the blimp in singleplayer)

Assuming that's how the tank works.

Marleyman

Banned
The way money is used in this game just needs some serious tweaking.

I had 15,000 last night but I ended up with just 5 after messing about in free roam for something like 45 minutes to an hour. The amount you loose when you die is a joke. Hell, you shouldn't loose anything if it's banked imo.

Top that with the crazy prices for anything along with the low income from jobs and it makes it feel like a huge grind.

Heists better have a huge payout when they come into the game.

I don't agree with not losing anything if it is banked; you gotta pay your hospital bills if you decide to "mess around."

Is it true that the patch reduces the money earned from missions?

I'm hearing it's been reduced by 60-70%.

A couple of missions, like Violent Duct, are down to $3000. I think this is a good thing because Violent Duct is easy as hell and there's no reason it should have had the $9000 payout. It's the sam as every other lame Gerald / Lamar mission, like the Pier one and everything else. GO here, kill 15 guys, collect drugs, drive to Gerald's house... $9000.

Glad they reduced.

Other missions though seem to still be paying out as far as I can tell. Made an easy $10k from the survival mission.

Whats the point in passive mode. Plus kicking players from free mode, wtf.

People being kicked from free mode is either:
- Inactive for a certain amount of minutes
- Connection error

It's not an actual kicked by peers, just reports as that. The inactive reports as "kicked by peers" every time.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I came across one of those money trucks, I, as you might say, blew the bloody doors off. I got a ton of xp and a little message said that the truck had dropped money but I didn't get anything, there wasn't anything on the map, and I couldn't see anything on the road or around the truck.

Is it true that the patch reduces the money earned from missions?

I'm hearing it's been reduced by 60-70%.

It wasn't the patch, R* seemingly can change amounts online when they want, Violent Duct was down from 9K to 3K before the patch hit.

Marleyman

Banned
A couple of missions, like Violent Duct, are down to $3000. I think this is a good thing because Violent Duct is easy as hell and there's no reason it should have had the $9000 payout. It's the sam as every other lame Gerald / Lamar mission, like the Pier one and everything else. GO here, kill 15 guys, collect drugs, drive to Gerald's house... $9000.

Glad they reduced.

Other missions though seem to still be paying out as far as I can tell. Made an easy $10k from the survival mission.

Survival is damn fun as well. 3 of us got to the last level and we were crushing it. We get to the last level and my 2 buddies died early on doing ridiculous things; one was trying to throw a grenade and blew himself up early; the other died as he became overwhelmed. I can't remember the name of the survival map, but I was on the roof putting it BIG work. 3 heli's swarm me and I am taking big damage. I pull out the mini gun, take 2 of the heli's out however the third finished me off. So damn good plus I believe the payout was $19,000.

Question:

If I'm playing "with" my crew, how do we transition to a lobby/matchmaking system that keeps us playing together as a team.

It kept splitting us up.

Also, if we're in a private free roam session and we go do a co-op job/mission together, once that mission is over it puts us at a mission select screen and if we opt out, it doesn't send us back to the free roam session we were in together. It kicks us out.

Has that been fixed, or were we just doing it wrong?

You have to all vote for Freeroam in the vote selection screen. If you hit exit (B or O) then it will take you out of that group and redistribute. Voting for freeroam usually works. If it's just 3 of you, out of a server of 12, it's difficult to keep the group together... but honestly, when playing with friends, we usually just use freeroam as a staging lobby to launch up a job.

Rockstar dun goofed. This pick-six shit is SO horrible. Why can't we have playlists where you can pick a certain gametype and play only that? EVERY lobby I get falls apart within a few games and then no one ever joins. Every race lobby is bumper cars 2.0 and they just replay the same one over and over.

Missions (which seemingly no one ever wants to do) are just lame ass fetch quests. Every one is the exact same thing in different locations. I didn't expect this game to feel exactly like an MMO. So, I grinded Violent Duct, got my 400k house and Comet pimped out... what now? I certainly can't go blow my friends up repeatedly because I'll be deemed a "bad sport" (IN GTA WTF!) and be stuck with assholes AND lose all of my money. Not to mention the fucking cops who NEVER stop.

This games fun factor is rough right now... I'm sure later content will help but even then, the pick-six thing will be over-saturated with random content that everyone will just end up going back to freemode if they don't get their way. Heists will be rad, but okay... I'll have more money that I don't want and STILL won't be able to murder my friends without the bullshit that comes with. Why is this shit so serious?... it is GTA after all.

I played 900 games of Cops N' Crooks in GTAIV and laughed my ass off and had an amazing time, GTAO hasn't really done much for me.

Agreed about the lack of Cops N' Crooks mode off the bat, but ... I don't think you should complain about lack of variety in missions when you're grinding violent duct for $400,000... which means you played it like 40+ times in a row. When you hit level 15, there is a much better variety of missions. Same with level 20. Gerald and Lamar missions are all standard and boring, go here, kill guys, get crack, go home, over and over again. Trevor Philips Industries, Lester, Martin Madrazo, and others, give higher quality missions... You can't farm them like your favorite Violent Duct mission, but there's much more variety.

Still, want to see core modes like CTF, Cops N Crooks, and others return.

Ted

0_0.jpg

Loving my matte black Challenger rip off. Fun ride and a great burbling noise at full chat.

Been thinking about my garage and I just can't cut my wanted car list to ten. I really really hope R* allow us to own an apartment AND a separate garage in the future.

Edit - On an unrelated note I was playing survival yesterday and noticed you can use some of the snacks whilst in cover (P&Q) while you can't with some others (eCola).

0_0.jpg

Loving my matte black Challenger rip off. Fun ride and a great burbling noise at full chat.

Been thinking about my garage and I just can't cut my wanted car list to ten. I really really hope R* allow us to own an apartment AND a separate garage in the future.

On an unrelated note I was playing survival yesterday and noticed you can use some of the snacks whilst in cover (P&Q) while you can't with some others (eCola).

I had one before my char was wiped, now I can't find them -.-

img-20131004-wa0004wlskb.jpg

*snif*

Did you call Sony or Microsoft to refund the purchase?

I mean I will buy the 1,25 million card once it is back up since I have no problem with it but even though I have the disposable income I would be mad if my virtual money disappeared.

No I didn't. I contacted Rockstar and they told me to wait until they sort this out. So I'm waiting. Thinking about the 1,25 million card as well, now that I have a better understanding of what a money sponge GTAO is.

rhinosmitty

Neo Member
So I was just looking at the Awards stats on the Social Club. There are rewards (shirts/tatoos) for blowing up others cars with sticky bombs, yet this deems you as a Bad Sport.......how does this make sense.....

iFootball

So I spent like 2 hours today inviting random players into my apartment ,trapping them against the wall with my friend while our characters, dressed like Jesse and Walt from Breaking Bad, were doing the jerking taunt forever..

Most laughs I've had online so far.

oh, you're one of those... hilarious I bet

nofunallowed.jpg

Martin Gives you a mission where you have to blow up some dump trucks in a construction site, if you armor your personal car to 40%, you can repeatedly ride in and blow up the first 2 that are surrounded by guards and get out unhurt. If you have 2 friends, they can be waiting at where the other 2 trucks spawn half a mile away, we were running the whole mission in <2min when we got proficient

18k and 3500rp

Lima

Martin Gives you a mission where you have to blow up some dump trucks in a construction site, if you armor your personal car to 40%, you can repeatedly ride in and blow up the first 2 that are surrounded by guards and get out unhurt. If you have 2 friends, they can be waiting at where the other 2 trucks spawn half a mile away, we were running the whole mission in <2min when we got proficient

18k and 3500rp

Yeah only if you are still on 360 though and only until the patch hits later this day.

Tawpgun

Can anyone help me with this:

What is the name of the apartment with that view?

bjj9CHy.png

Looks like my Apartment.

Tinsel Towers. I bought the top floor for 286k

Also, the best mission I have so far is the Martin Lawyer Settlement one.

It's literally kill one guy driving a car, pick up his briefcase, and deliver to Martins house. Can be done in like 3 minutes providing you can get away from cops. I'm considering buying a silencer to see if I can kill the lawyer without alerting the cops. You get 9000 for the mission.

Last night I learned how you get engine unlocks. This game is absurd. Not participating in lots of races, or even just finishing in the top half or top 3, but having to win tens of races.

Given how absurdly they jacked the prices compared to SP having to additionally unlock items to access them is just pure sadism.

I think this game is shooting itself in the foot in terms of long-term playability. They're completely gimping it for more casual players.

7 days later an neither of my characters have returned. I want to play so badly but I don't want to lose progress again.

Is it safe yet or should I continue to wait?

Tawpgun

Last night I learned how you get engine unlocks. This game is absurd. Not participating in lots of races, or even just finishing in the top half or top 3, but having to win tens of races.

Given how absurdly they jacked the prices compared to SP having to additionally unlock items to access them is just pure sadism.

I think this game is shooting itself in the foot in terms of long-term playability. They're completely gimping it for more casual players.

Sorta feeling this to. It's trying to have the longevity of an MMO without being an MMO. Wish there was an everything unlocked free mode.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Spose I better go back and grind some more Liquor Stores & 24/7s. Got $50k so far but I need an apartment and garage.

Static Jak

I don't agree with not losing anything if it is banked; you gotta pay your hospital bills if you decide to "mess around."
Maybe have three different ways to hold money instead of the current two.

So one is just Cash as it is now, maybe have very few specific things that can only be bought with Cash in hand.

Then, instead of just Banking it, just have two accounts.
One is the Bank that stores money and can't be lost if you die. But you can't spend any money that's banked like this and taking money out of it would cost a small fee. A way to store your larger savings for bigger investments like an apartment.

The other is closer to what the bank is now. You can store money in here and still spend it but if you die you loose a certain amount (or small percentage) for "hospital bills" and so on.

Or something like that.

Astery

Do you still lose money if you die during missions/ death matches/ survivals? Basically jobs, not in free roaming. I haven't actually paid attention to it.

Funny how rockstar nerfs everything but leave some missions that are not worth the money alone, given how every jobs also require entry fees just to make you use some extra money. Smh.

MJLord

Maybe have three different ways to hold money instead of the current two.

So one is just Cash as it is now, maybe have very few specific things that can only be bought with Cash in hand.

Then, instead of just Banking it, just have two accounts.
One is the Bank that stores money and can't be lost if you die. But you can't spend any money that's banked like this and taking money out of it would cost a small fee. A way to store your larger savings for bigger investments like an apartment.

The other is closer to what the bank is now. You can store money in here and still spend it but if you die you loose a certain amount (or small percentage) for "hospital bills" and so on.

Or something like that.

I don't get all the fuss.

Missions and races are fun to play so getting money is no problem should I decide I NEED more money to buy things. Dying and losing it? Well thats just good for me because I can do some more missions.
My point I guess is its not worth worrying over, you can make it back easy enough, just have fun.

nbraun80

So I ran into a little glitch playing last night. I was flying a heli around messing with people who were trying to kill me for my big 3k bounty on my head. I crash landed in the port water, and as I was swimming to the surface I got stuck under a platform and I tried to jump out of a small crack to the side and I got out but fell back in and when I went back in I sank to the bottom of the lake and could still run and shoot and not drown. I was shooting people from the lake floor thay were trying to get me, and only got killed when some guy deal up and knifed me while I was taking a selfy haha. I'll have to post my pic standing on the lake floor with my crashed heli behind me.

it was carrying over from freeroam to free roam, but I haven't checked if it still works after resetting. The only lame part now is if I dive off a pier into the water, I just sink right away and go headfirst into the ocean floor and die. Ha

Fuck rockstar for nerfing anything, greedy assholes. We paid sixty dollars for the game, both single and a two week late multiplayer, but they still try to nickel and dime us, and by nerfing the payout and removing the replay feature they show just how shitty they are. Instead of fixing the glitches and connection issues, they screw the consumer. Smh

MJLord

Fuck rockstar for nerfing anything, greedy assholes. We paid sixty dollars for the game, both single and a two week late multiplayer, but they still try to nickel and dime us, and by nerfing the payout and removing the replay feature they show just how shitty they are. Instead of fixing the glitches and connection issues, they screw the consumer. Smh

uuuuhh huh. y'know other than people going through all the levels in hours and getting ridiculous amounts of money very quickly.

Marleyman

Banned

My god, what a joke of a post. "Nerfing they payouts" was what they SHOULD have done due to people exploiting the fuck out of missions to get big money early on, which does what exactly? You get things real quick and go "Now what Rockstar?" "I have the best house and cars, give me more!" Fuck that shit; I work 9 hours a day, have a child, come home and get maybe 2 hours a night, if I am lucky, to play games. I enjoy the shit how it is and like the work I have to put in to even get a dingy garage. Nothing fires me up more than people who exploit things like this early on and then whine about it when Rockstar "cheats" them..fuck.

DogMeat77

My god, what a joke of a post. "Nerfing they payouts" was what they SHOULD have done due to people exploiting the fuck out of missions to get big money early on, which does what exactly? You get things real quick and go "Now what Rockstar?" "I have the best house and cars, give me more!" Fuck that shit; I work 9 hours a day, have a child, come home and get maybe 2 hours a night, if I am lucky, to play games. I enjoy the shit how it is and like the work I have to put in to even get a dingy garage. Nothing fires me up more than people who exploit things like this early on and then whine about it when Rockstar "cheats" them..fuck.

Don't worry, about a ting. Cause every little ting will be alright.

I agree with you... but a heated post from Marleyman just makes me mind go there.

Top Bottom