• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Last night, I entered free roam and immediately notice I'm being chased. The guys take every turn I do, so I head straight for the apartment I just bought. I run up the stairs as the two guys chasing me start firing, but I make it inside. Send a smiley face to one of the them and get a text saying "come out" from the other. They sit outside my apartment, tossing grenades at it before leaving and killing random players.

Randomly hunting and griefing people for no reason just rubs me the wrong way. I'm not above returning the favor though. It was then that my work began.

After farming VD and that madrazo lawyer mission for a short while, I had some cash to spare. I send one guy a message saying "kill your friend four times," then place a mid-tier bounty on his friend. Everyone else in the lobby starts going after them. I tell them that if one kills the other, I'll stop placing bounties on them. I also promise an additional $1000 to people who kill the one I kept placing bounties on top of the bounty, which increases after every kill. The two of them are good, so they end up killing a lot of others which gets people going for revenge kills even without me placing bounties on them. I watch all of this unfold on TV, trying to give them tips on what to do, reminding them that I can stop the bounties if the first guy kills his friend.

Someone else placed a bounty on me while in the apartment, so I take a trip to Fort Zancudo and successfully steal a jet as the person who placed the bounty comes driving after me. I fly around as I watch them fail to steal a jet too. I circle around after they respawn and manage to blow them up with missiles (hard to hit non-police/on-foot ground targets with them). I then go back to the other two griefers, lower the landing gear to make the jet more maneuverable and carefully hit them with missiles as the drive around. They have wanted levels from going around shooting people constantly, so I'm able to lock-on to cops near them, which makes it easier.

I go back to the guy at Fort Zancudo who's still trying to get in and blow him up some more. On my way, I see one of the two griefers killed his friend. At this point, I had already stopped placing bounties. They kill each other back and forth before they both leave the game.

The guy at Zanduco gets inside the fort at one point and when I pass above it, I get shot down from the SAMs. After we both respawn in the creek outside the fort, I snipe him.

I then noticed a text from the guy who I told to kill his friend after I first joined the game little over an hour ago. He says that I was messed up for making him do that.

I like this game.

Slowclap.gif

Acorn

It looks like they may have adjusted the rank needed for weapons as well. I can't login to the game, but I noticed under the weapons tab on the social site you can get the grenade launcher at 49 now, and the rocket launcher at 65. That will help as the main thing I have been trying to do is simply unlock the weapons so I can start up some good old fashion police wars.
Nah that was always the level on the social club. Dunno why its different in store.

Batigol

Banned
Hopefully there's a patch for this 'Bad Sport' bullshit.

God forbid you blow up somebody else's car by trying to protect yourself. H's trying to run me over and I'm the bad sport. gg

Acorn

Last night, I entered free roam and immediately notice I'm being chased. The guys take every turn I do, so I head straight for the apartment I just bought. I run up the stairs as the two guys chasing me start firing, but I make it inside. Send a smiley face to one of the them and get a text saying "come out" from the other. They sit outside my apartment, tossing grenades at it before leaving and killing random players.

Randomly hunting and griefing people for no reason just rubs me the wrong way. I'm not above returning the favor though. It was then that my work began.

After farming VD and that madrazo lawyer mission for a short while, I had some cash to spare. I send one guy a message saying "kill your friend four times," then place a mid-tier bounty on his friend. Everyone else in the lobby starts going after them. I tell them that if one kills the other, I'll stop placing bounties on them. I also promise an additional $1000 to people who kill the one I kept placing bounties on top of the bounty, which increases after every kill. The two of them are good, so they end up killing a lot of others which gets people going for revenge kills even without me placing bounties on them. I watch all of this unfold on TV, trying to give them tips on what to do, reminding them that I can stop the bounties if the first guy kills his friend.

Someone else placed a bounty on me while in the apartment, so I take a trip to Fort Zancudo and successfully steal a jet as the person who placed the bounty comes driving after me. I fly around as I watch them fail to steal a jet too. I circle around after they respawn and manage to blow them up with missiles (hard to hit non-police/on-foot ground targets with them). I then go back to the other two griefers, lower the landing gear to make the jet more maneuverable and carefully hit them with missiles as the drive around. They have wanted levels from going around shooting people constantly, so I'm able to lock-on to cops near them, which makes it easier.

I go back to the guy at Fort Zancudo who's still trying to get in and blow him up some more. On my way, I see one of the two griefers killed his friend. At this point, I had already stopped placing bounties. They kill each other back and forth before they both leave the game.

The guy at Zanduco gets inside the fort at one point and when I pass above it, I get shot down from the SAMs. After we both respawn in the creek outside the fort, I snipe him.

I then noticed a text from the guy who I told to kill his friend after I first joined the game little over an hour ago. He says that I was messed up for making him do that.

I like this game.
5/5 would read again.

Is anyone else unable to select Join Jobs on any other game mode besides Missions and Playlist? For me Deathmatch, Race, etc is faded out and I can't select it to join. Is this the servers?

Imm0rt4l

I like this game.

lol

Has anyone had any luck storing bicycles in their garage? This is twice now I've brought my bike back only to be told my garage was full. There's one car in my garage, it's not full.

I'm pissed because this mountain bike costs $2K to buy each time. wtf Rockstar.

Edit: I guess if you choose to 'replace empty' it works. But it's weird.

todahawk

I like this game.

Fucking hell that is awesome.

You're on PS3? FR sent! (it'll come from PSN id is todahawk)
I could see myself sitting in my apartment just to watch your exploits on TV.

Professor

Neo Member
Has anyone had any luck storing bicycles in their garage? This is twice now I've brought my bike back only to be told my garage was full. There's one car in my garage, it's not full.

I have one of those ten car garages and there is bike mounts in the back for me.

sensui-tomo

so if i still dont have my character left, its safe to assume the character is gone for good right?(been gone for 4 or 5 days and the data isnt on the site and i never made a character on the slot or slot 2.

eival

Edit: I guess if you choose to 'replace empty' it works. But it's weird.

i have a bike and 2 cars in my garage

is there any way to shield your earnings against the 5k you lose for deaths online? investing the money or anything else work? i can never get above like 50k bc anytime i gain more than that i end up dying once or twice between missions completely negating the money i made

-Deimos

is there any way to shield your earnings against the 5k you lose for deaths online? investing the money or anything else work? i can never get above like 50k bc anytime i gain more than that i end up dying once or twice between missions completely negating the money i made

Invite only mode.

No way. That means that NO ONE is hosting Deathmatch, Race, Parachute, and I think there is one or two more. That can't be right.

You'd have to take into account that it wouldn't show any of those matches that were currently in progress, so it would mean that no one was hosting one and in a lobby waiting for players at the moment that you're looking at the menu. So any rooms in a stage ranging from the point that people are choosing loadouts all the way to the voting screen for the next game type wouldn't show up.

That's my theory anyways.

Invite only mode.

well then i don't think i'm ever going to get above 50k or so because i usually play 2 or 3 missions at a time then i go into freemode and roll with my homies robbing places or taking people down. this game really hammers you for having fun, i don't want to hide in invite only mode or be bored as shit doing the same mission over and over

Ploid 3.0

Still able to do my mission pretty fast, it takes much longer because I have to go through menus, call for the job, and such but I get to brows gaf a lot more I suppose. It's the only job this character gives me. Constant flow of 9k with a lot of opportunities for breaks. They will just figure out what mission it is and nerf it like Duct I'm sure. I shall start voting it down since it has a 98% rating.

Gorillaz

Can't wait till I'm loaded on money to the point I can start some Game of Thrones shit on randons with bounties in free roam. The stuff spring mentioned are stuff in trying to pull off

zap

It's weird that Rockstar hasn't given an update on recovering deleted characters.

Surely they would have said if it was impossible/not going to happen. I can only wait and see...

Qwell

Still able to do my mission pretty fast, it takes much longer because I have to go through menus, call for the job, and such but I get to brows gaf a lot more I suppose. It's the only job this character gives me. Constant flow of 9k with a lot of opportunities for breaks. They will just figure out what mission it is and nerf it like Duct I'm sure. I shall start voting it down since it has a 98% rating.

Is that the kill the lawyer mission? I have to imagine they are done nerfing missions, they seem perfectly matched at this point. Its just some players are better than others. Take for instance the "mixed with the coke" mission, I joined a crew who kept dying to it over and over again. I wasn't afraid to use sticky bombs and would take out 3 of the 4 trucks myself and they would clean up the last one.

Same thing with the lawyer mission, I bet some players have a tough time running from the cops when all is said and done. Others know how to evade better so its much faster.

Professor

Neo Member
I'm currently farming the lawyer and Check Out Time missions. Not far to level 45.

How easy is Mixed up compared to those two?

With a little bit of prep work its really easy. A team of three with a single armored car of 40% can pull the mission in less than 50 seconds. The job nets to 18 grand and 3k rp points.

Edit: We did a timed run 1:57 for mission and load times.

GQman2121

Banned
I've beta tested my fair share of games over the years to know that the number of bullet points for the new patch that begin with "fixes" really hammers home that this game is still very much in beta.

I'm currently farming the lawyer and Check Out Time missions. Not far to level 45.

How easy is Mixed up compared to those two?

Once you know what you're doing, it's really easy. I can solo it on hard with little difficulty.

It is a lot better if you have at least one other person with you though, to make it go faster.

Ploid 3.0

Is that the kill the lawyer mission? I have to imagine they are done nerfing missions, they seem perfectly matched at this point. Its just some players are better than others. Take for instance the "mixed with the coke" mission, I joined a crew who kept dying to it over and over again. I wasn't afraid to use sticky bombs and would take out 3 of the 4 trucks myself and they would clean up the last one.

Same thing with the lawyer mission, I bet some players have a tough time running from the cops when all is said and done. Others know how to evade better so its much faster.

Yeah, lawyer.

-Deimos

Once you know what you're doing, it's really easy. I can solo it on hard with little difficulty.

It is a lot better if you have at least one other person with you though, to make it go faster.

With a little bit of prep work its really easy. A team of three with a single armored car of 40% can pull the mission in less than 50 seconds. The job nets to 18 grand and 3k rp points.

Edit: We did a timed run 1:57 for mission and load times.

Damn, how many people is it? Invite me if you got room and are on PSN. I'm in the NGTT crew. PSN: SOLID-SNAKE04

well then i don't think i'm ever going to get above 50k or so because i usually play 2 or 3 missions at a time then i go into freemode and roll with my homies robbing places or taking people down. this game really hammers you for having fun, i don't want to hide in invite only mode or be bored as shit doing the same mission over and over
You really gotta figure out a way of not getting killed so much. I usually play in a full free-roam lobby and have no difficulty staying alive. Then again, not many people that I've encountered shoot on sight. Tone down the random PKíng maybe?

Warablo

New to GTA Online, say I have a full garage, how do I remove a car to add another one? Do I take one out to use then buy the new vehicle I want?

Top Bottom