• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

So what's the best RP/Money ratio mission? I know Quick Restart (R2) is disabled in the new patch but does the regular Replay button work to farm missions?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
New to GTA Online, say I have a full garage, how do I remove a car to add another one? Do I take one out to use then buy the new vehicle I want?

when you take the new car to the garage you get a list of cars you currently own. just choose the one you want to get rid of and the new car is saved in its place.

Was hoping the patch would hit the 360. Seems like I won't be able to play it (going away for two weeks). Had a weird issue earlier. Joined a gaffer to play Top Fun. Half way through the race it says everyone else left and that I won. Then about 10 minutes later as I am a bustling lobby, it says everyone left again.

Damn, how many people is it? Invite me if you got room and are on PSN. I'm in the NGTT crew. PSN: SOLID-SNAKE04

You really gotta figure out a way of not getting killed so much. I usually play in a full free-roam lobby and have no difficulty staying alive. Then again, not many people that I've encountered shoot on sight. Tone down the random PKíng maybe?

it has nothing to do with PKing and everything to do with 'picking up 1 or two friends, robbing some stores and going on 4 star chases across the map' being the most fun thing to do in this game IMO. none of the missions really come close to that they're all lame games or 'kill 50 dudes' :/. i can do a few missions at a time but it's hard to resist the 'most fun playtype' IMO. then again i'm not like most of the people in this topic who think its fun to play the same mission thirty times in a row because it gives you money lol i guess i'd rather be a poor hoodrat as long as it comes with having fun while i'm playing

Last night, I entered free roam and immediately notice I'm being chased. The guys take every turn I do, so I head straight for the apartment I just bought. I run up the stairs as the two guys chasing me start firing, but I make it inside. Send a smiley face to one of the them and get a text saying "come out" from the other. They sit outside my apartment, tossing grenades at it before leaving and killing random players.

Randomly hunting and griefing people for no reason just rubs me the wrong way. I'm not above returning the favor though. It was then that my work began.

After farming VD and that madrazo lawyer mission for a short while, I had some cash to spare. I send one guy a message saying "kill your friend four times," then place a mid-tier bounty on his friend. Everyone else in the lobby starts going after them. I tell them that if one kills the other, I'll stop placing bounties on them. I also promise an additional $1000 to people who kill the one I kept placing bounties on top of the bounty, which increases after every kill. The two of them are good, so they end up killing a lot of others which gets people going for revenge kills even without me placing bounties on them. I watch all of this unfold on TV, trying to give them tips on what to do, reminding them that I can stop the bounties if the first guy kills his friend.

Someone else placed a bounty on me while in the apartment, so I take a trip to Fort Zancudo and successfully steal a jet as the person who placed the bounty comes driving after me. I fly around as I watch them fail to steal a jet too. I circle around after they respawn and manage to blow them up with missiles (hard to hit non-police/on-foot ground targets with them). I then go back to the other two griefers, lower the landing gear to make the jet more maneuverable and carefully hit them with missiles as the drive around. They have wanted levels from going around shooting people constantly, so I'm able to lock-on to cops near them, which makes it easier.

I go back to the guy at Fort Zancudo who's still trying to get in and blow him up some more. On my way, I see one of the two griefers killed his friend. At this point, I had already stopped placing bounties. They kill each other back and forth before they both leave the game.

The guy at Zanduco gets inside the fort at one point and when I pass above it, I get sho t down from the SAMs. After we both respawn in the creek outside the fort, I snipe him.

I then noticed a text from the guy who I told to kill his friend after I first joined the game little over an hour ago. He says that I was messed up for making him do that.

I like this game.

I agree! I was doing stuff like that, but didn't have the cssh to throw around. I had my first bounty placed on me be another player ($5,000) I was robbing places with a helecopter way up north I walked to ammunation bought a parachute all while watching the dots close in. I went round chilliad and drew them toward me then gunned it towards my apartment. Parachuted to the front door and watch everyone waiting outdoors. Almost everyone left except this ONE guy, he camped out back while I watched tv.

I was annoyed so I put a bounty on him. I watched a jet black suv roll up, a man dressed in black with a hockey mask and assault rifle got out and walked to where dude was hiding, dude got spooked and fired giving away his postion he was slaughtered, and didn't camp by my house anymore.

-Deimos

So they patched quick restart? Oh well, I still get the lawyer mission every time I call Madrazo, I just have to take an extra trip to free-roam. Come to think of it, most of Madrazo's missions are great for making quick money and RP.

Ploid 3.0

New to GTA Online, say I have a full garage, how do I remove a car to add another one? Do I take one out to use then buy the new vehicle I want?

You can try to drive the one you want to add into your garage, then when you walk in they will show you a list from which you need to select which car you want to delete, but yeah it's best to sell the car you want to get rid of instead of doing this.

Acorn

Holy fuck lol Dude died whilst driving I was in the passenger seat and couldn't get out. His foot was stuck on the gas going in circles, I finally got out and then the car with the dead dude going in circles ran me over.

Fuckin lol

Holy shit!! Which one of you is JUDDERMANG? You and I just went on a murderous joyride that ended in us almost escaping by plane! Thats was awesome!!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You can't sell cars worth over 50k. When my bike rack was full, it just asked which bike I wanted to replace. I assume it'd be the same for cars.

Blow it up or ride it into the ocean, that's how I got rid of some older cars in my garage, lol.

Sorry to whoever I was just playing Mixed Up with Coke with. I think my connection has some issues, and when the round started all I got was a first person view and couldn't move. Had to dashboard out.

commedieu

Banned
Damn, bruh.

On a serious note: I haven't had a problem getting on or anything in the past 2 days.

Been waiting for it to settle. Saw a patch last night, iirc. Sorry, OT lurker :)

Will give it a shot tonight, and be back to complain tomorrow specifically citing you in the complaint if it fails.

So my level 29 character currently has $83k in the bank ... thought I would invest in my first property for $80k but it says I have insufficient funds? Tried withdrawing it all from the bank but still get the same message ... any ideas?

You can't sell cars worth over 50k. When my bike rack was full, it just asked which bike I wanted to replace. I assume it'd be the same for cars.

I thought you could sell any car that you were able to steal and put in your garage. I would think that any Premium to Luxury car you bought online, wouldn't be a car you'd want to replace.

Defyler

Can't decide if it's worth it to buy a first property in the 220-285k range or to save up further.

Am I missing out on much besides views if I pull the trigger on a cheaper 10 car?

guys i am torn between three top class cars and i have like 1 million ,, i initially wanted to

buy the the Bugatti Veyron ( Adder ) but i am not sure is it worth 1 million ?

the other two are : cheetah and Entity FX :

Adder :

640px-Adder-GTAV-FrontRight.jpg

cheetah :
300px-Cheetah-GTAV-Front.jpg

entity FX :

entity-xf.jpg

JambiBum

So I just had a pretty long session that ended with a buddy and I flying around in a buzzard and blowing up anyone we could find. I think I found something out from doing this as far as the bad sport thing goes.

Job points. Whenever you finish a job you get those points that no one really knew what they were for. Well we had spent most of the day doing jobs and I had something like 600 points built up for that particular session. When we were flying around in the buzzard and I was blowing people up, any time I blew up a specific vehicle my JP would decrease. I think that if you do something that is considered to be a bad sport you lose JP. If you don't have any JP to lose then you become a bad sport for a while.

I can't really confirm this now but I ended up blowing up around 25 cars that were owned by a player and although I kept getting the warning I never became a bad sport. Someone else should try to test this theory out though.

guys i am torn between three top class cars and i have like 1 million ,, i initially wanted to

Adder :

640px-Adder-GTAV-FrontRight.jpg

cheetah :

entity FX :

entity-xf.jpg

I always use the Adder, and usually dominate in races. It's my favorite of the three.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

cheetah :

I like the cheetah out of the three. The adder doesn't handle as well as the cheetah does

RotBot

Can you only place bounties on people who have killed someone in a session? I want to place one on a little kid shouting through voice chat, but he's not on the list.

DietRob

So I just had a pretty long session that ended with a buddy and I flying around in a buzzard and blowing up anyone we could find. I think I found something out from doing this as far as the bad sport thing goes.

Job points. Whenever you finish a job you get those points that no one really knew what they were for. Well we had spent most of the day doing jobs and I had something like 600 points built up for that particular session. When we were flying around in the buzzard and I was blowing people up, any time I blew up a specific vehicle my JP would decrease. I think that if you do something that is considered to be a bad sport you lose JP. If you don't have any JP to lose then you become a bad sport for a while.

I can't really confirm this now but I ended up blowing up around 25 cars that were owned by a player and although I kept getting the warning I never became a bad sport. Someone else should try to test this theory out though.

Interesting. You may have cracked the code Watson.Let's put this theory put to the test. Anyone want a dunce hat?

Ploid 3.0

i am not a racing dude ,, all i care about is to be fast enough + customizable so it looks even

better

For looks Cheetah, Entity FX's flat bumper looks boring to me. The back looks ok though. Adder would be a status symbol car. It will be rare for a while and people will envy you.

Should be able to buy a six car garage plus apartment soon. An upgrade from my 2 car and apartment. Hopefully the interior will be different. Ended up wasting some $ previously

DietRob

Should be able to buy a six car garage plus apartment soon. An upgrade from my 2 car and apartment. Hopefully the interior will be different. Ended up wasting some $ previously

Don't waste more money. Get an apartment with 10 car garage if you want to have access to a 'heist room'

Amazing. I need to do this.
vvvvvvvvv

I was just hanging out in my apartment watching TV. I switch the channel over to see what other characters were doing in the world. I saw this freaking asshole in the police impound putting sticky bombs on everyone's vehicles. I quit watching and pick up my phone and call up merryweather and pay to have some mercs go after his ass. I tune back in on the TV to watch the drama unfold. OMG!! SO GOOD! He takes out the first wave of men, but then two more jeeps pull up loaded with mercs. They take him out quickly. Everyone's cars were unharmed. Best $7000 I ever spent.

Don't worry "good sports", I have your back.

DIS GAME!!

Ploid 3.0

I was just hanging out in my apartment watching TV. I switch the channel over to see what other characters were doing in the world. I saw this freaking asshole in the police impound putting sticky bombs on everyone's vehicles. I quit watching and pick up my phone and call up merryweather and pay to have some mercs go after his ass. I tune back in on the TV to watch the drama unfold. OMG!! SO GOOD! He takes out the first wave of men, but then two more jeeps pull up loaded with mercs. They take him out quickly. Everyone's cars were unharmed. Best $7000 I ever spent.

DIS GAME!!

$7k did he have a mic? I hope youtube trollers start paying to do this stuff and upload epic stuff like this. I don't think I could spare that much paper.

ev0

DIS GAME!!

Awesome! I didn't know you can call from apartments. I tried to do this to two guys who were camping me while I was in ammunation but it was "unavailable". I just let my guy idle there and did some other crap instead.

Anyone farming that level 45 mission and have an open slot? My guy's only 30 right now so I can't play it. Or if there's any other lobby doing missions/races I'd be up for that too.

I've got that 1 minute lvl 45 18k 3500rp mission ready for farming on 360 (pre patch)
PM me for invite, I'm going to set up soon. It's a 6 player mission, you dont need to be lvl 45 to join, only to get it. Anyone can join.

Half full, last call

-Deimos

Why are people wasting their money buying the 2 and 6 car apartments? Do you really need multiple cars so early in the game? I saved up my money and bought the 400k apartment in about 3 days, before I even discovered violent duct.

Top Bottom