• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
holy shit this guy had a massive hard on for me in GTA Online.

He killed me at least 8 times and he kept trying to kill me even though i had passive mode on.

But he was trying to crash me with cars still, and if i ever got into a car, he'd just blow it up while i was in there or shoot me while i was in it trying to get away from the fucker. One time he actually got killed by NPCs cause he got out of the car trying to shoot me. he was waiting for me at least for 30 minutes to get out of passive and i was just standing on top of a wall so he couldn't ram me with a car or anything.

then he got the fire department to come somehow and got into a fire truck then sprayed me off the wall and eventually killed me by just spraying me.

then i respawned, and he almost rammed me with the fire truck again, but i climbed up onto a dumpster, but he ended up killing me with the fire hose again.

he just kept killing me over and over and over. i got him a couple times, the first time he had a 5k bounty, but he ruined any profit i had from killing him. he just would not leave me alone and kept killing me.

i finally had to go to a job to get away from him. when i came back he killed me again!

what a fuckin loser. he was probably pissed that i killed him even 3 times, and he comes back and kills me 20 times for no reason.

Had an npc place a 7k bounty and was chased all around the highway by 2 dudes in an attack helicopter.

They ended up slamming in a tree after trying to getting low to hit me with a missile

It was a nice change of pace.Usually when I get a bounty, a guy with a souped up car just shoots out my tires and kills me.

Haven't done the update yet, but I did manage snag me another expensive apartment (over $300k) thanks to more farming. Even got two new cars (stolen lol). Just hope I don't lose those like the last time I downloaded the previous update

Full album of my apartment and garage: http://imgur.com/a/3y3z5#0

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Garages are a pain, advice to anyone wanting to fill there's, if you fill it up with cars on the street first, when you bring cars back you want you can sleepy what car they replace and as such decide on the ordering.

The damn garage decided to stick me bikes behind my Sandking and Patriot, ended up just filling it up with a bunch of different vehicles then finding new ones again. Now my Sandking and Patriot are right at the back where they should be.

Did rock star patched the chance of Gerald giving No hay bronco?
Tried for like one hour each and all i get was Pier pressure and Flood the river mission while fun for 1 or 2 times it doesn't give much paper.

Did get the violent duct but with the loading time it feels slower to do it three times then it one time No hay bronco does.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, you know that filter in spectator mode that kind of looks like the red/blue for 3D films?

Try it with 3D glasses...

Garland7G

Had the funniest shit happen to me earlier, so I was in an alley with a 100$ hooker getting busy, when out of nowhere some guy runs up to the car and shotguns us both...I felt so dirty afterwards. Then I hunt him down, then he hunts me down, long story short, I'm out 20k in medical bills...

KAOz

Short bus special
Love how they patched moneyfarming and not RP farming.
Played a game of golf for myself.

Bamf! 2k RP. Wtf...

Just patched my 360 version, character is still missing... Thanks Rockstar for nerfing those missions and focusing on the important things.

Batigol

Banned
I think my clan turned on me yesterday.

One of them was messing around doing burnouts in a car. I approached him, but he didn't shoot me because he obviously thought I was safe since we're clan buddies. I shot him point-blank with a shotgun.

Why I did this, I don't know, but it was fun.

I shot out his tires and quickly left the scene.

5 minutes later I'm getting some facepaint and I see that 4 of my clan mates are standing outside the barbers with guns pointed at the window.

Not cool dudes

Ted

I had some good fun last night with Britgaf, a few really good close races and some good mission fun. Nice one folks. : )

Free-roam with friends also had some outstanding moments. 5 friends and I took a mix of stolen scramblers and quads around pretty much all of the map, racing motocross style the whole way. At a couple of points crates dropped and we all agreed to a free for all for the contents which led to some hilarious chaos.

It took us so long to get to one with all the bluff and re-bluffing going on that by the time we got there arms smugglers were sniffing around the crate and we suddenly had to stop fighting each other and take out the AI! The sudden exclamation of "who the f**k are THEY!" brought home that though it doesn't live up to it's original promise, there are some really great emergent game-play moments to be had online.

Public free-roam on the other hand seems to be pretty hit or miss depending entirely on who is in the lobby. Some of the rooms I tried were great fun with lots of good humoured chaos, whereas others were either generally pretty boring or rendered pointless by a few high level players attempting to dominate a room full of sheep.

I did see a genuine revolution occur though as group of well organised low-level players joined up and forced said high level player back to cower in their apartment calling out Merryweather to do their dirty work before eventually getting bored of not being top-dog anymore and changing session.

Now the connection issues are largely sorted for me it has been mostly good fun and I am looking forward to more.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Some people are really lame. They get a large bounty on their head, I follow them, they leave as I approach them. So sad. R* should just reset the bounty timer when you leave and join another session, and not reward straight up leaving by letting those players' bounty run out.

I hate the auto-bounty system in this game. It gets annoying to get a bounty whenever I steal a car even when I kill the driver. How does a dead man place a bounty?

Had a nice invite only session with my bro yesterday and we've got about five or six more buddies that I think we'll do crew sessions with. Think that's the majority of these way I'll play the online, the brief experience I had in a lobby confirmed everything I thought about what playing GTA online would be like: racism, tons of random violence and annoying dudes grieving the mic. Too bad, but at least there's the option of private games.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've decided to quit grinding in GTAO. It's super boring. I grinded a little bit on Sunday with a few gaffers. However, I don't have any experience playing MMO's so grinding missions was something kinda new to me. I don't like it.

Instead of grinding I've decided to fill my 10 car garage with Gallavant Ballers that sell at Los Santos customs for 9k every 45 minutes or so. Seems more in line with what the game is to me. I absolutely understand those that want to grind missions and hold no ill will just isn't for me mang. Unless the mission itself is actually fun.

todahawk

How do you let people into your apartment? it says go to the front door when they buzz you, but I don't have any option to let them in.

Hmm, from what I remember I just walked up to my door and a little menu popped up. The intercom thingy was off to the left of my door, maybe you need to be on that side more.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Had a 5k bounty on my head last night. Managed to take down 3 cunts before I got hit with a car outside the gun store.

Epic times.

DietRob

Just arm wrestled skynidas and lost.

He cheated though, using that belly weight
J8CHdsg.jpg

Static Jak

I've decided to quit grinding in GTAO. It's super boring. I grinded a little bit on Sunday with a few gaffers. However, I don't have any experience playing MMO's so grinding missions was something kinda new to me. I don't like it.
It reminds me a lot more of a F2P model. Make it as much of a grind as possible while having steep prices so people who either don't have the time or don't like grinding on the same stuff over and over give in and buy in-game money.

DietRob

It reminds me a lot more of a F2P model. Make it as much of a grind as possible while having steep prices so people who either don't have the time or don't like grinding on the same stuff over and over give in and buy in-game money.

3 weeks ago I would have said "Yea I'll buy some in game money" mainly because I only buy 1 or 2 games a year at retail and wouldn't mind investing 20 bucks in a game that I'll surely play for hundreds of hours.

Now though after seeing how you get taxed for seemingly everything I'm not so sure. Also next gen console launch is going to be taking a lot of my time away from GTA.

Top Bottom