• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Theecliff

Banned
Yeah, I get special crates frequently. They drop somewhere on the map and there's a green question mark where they are and a smoke signal in game signalling where it is. There will be some AI NPC opposition, trying to get the crate.

So far I've gotten all of them. They have something like 2-3 thousand dollars and 1k + RP in them. But I'm not sure if other players can see it because I've encountered no human player competition in acquiring it.
Do these events only start happening after you've reached a certain level? Never ran into either the crates or the trucks yet.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is their anyone like myself who isn't grinding the same mission repeatedly ? I certainly don't blame anyone who is, afterall it's all about the cash, but I don't think I could enjoy it if I kept grinding one or two missions repeatedly. I just like to potter about.

Nori Chan

You have to be a certain level to see the crates. I think 25. I got a special crate yesterday and I got:

5000 dollars
1000 rp
Armor
MINIGUN

Alas I haven't tested the bad boy yet but I will be getting a special crate every time I see one from now on. Special crates are highlighted yellow for the name and have yellow smoke instead if green.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You have to be a certain level to see the crates. I think 25. I got a special crate yesterday and I got:

5000 dollars
1000 rp
Armor
MINIGUN

Alas I haven't tested the bad boy yet but I will be getting a special crate every time I see one from now on. Special crates are highlighted yellow for the name and have yellow smoke instead if green.

I'm 45, so that's not the problem.

Theecliff

Banned

5000 dollars
1000 rp
Armor
MINIGUN

You got a minigun? Holy shit.

I'm only level 15 so have some way to go before I can actually start seeing these crates then.

Marleyman

Banned
Is their anyone like myself who isn't grinding the same mission repeatedly ? I certainly don't blame anyone who is, afterall it's all about the cash, but I don't think I could enjoy it if I kept grinding one or two missions repeatedly. I just like to potter about.

I dn't do that at all; I try everything. It just makes everything more entertaining to me. I did the one mission last week 3 times in a row and I had to leave; it was really boring me and souring me on the game.

Kajiba

Yeah, I get special crates frequently. They drop somewhere on the map and there's a green question mark where they are and a smoke signal in game signalling where it is. There will be some AI NPC opposition, trying to get the crate.

So far I've gotten all of them. They have something like 2-3 thousand dollars and 1k + RP in them. But I'm not sure if other players can see it because I've encountered no human player competition in acquiring it.

As for the armored trucks I wanted to ask if anyone has seen any. I got the call/notification to look out for them, but haven't seen them.

Also, is there any way to get more money for Gang Attacks? I only seem to be able to get maybe 500 bucks at most from picking it up off of bodies. It says to look for crates but I never find any.

I've seen some armored trucks but never robbed one yet. It's pretty rare for me. I only seen them twice or so.

harrytang

my buddy did a crew only server and an armored car did appear. he said immediate 3 star for attacking the driver, but after the police killed him he was free to approach and blow the doors off for the cash. i believe it was 4k.

not sure but maybe everyone in the open world needs to be above level 20 for them to appear. of course no instructions so all speculation.

BraXzy

The funny thing about Rockstar dishing out these exploit patches ASAP is, I doubt people would have abused them anywhere near as much if they didn't realise it was gonna be patched.

The only reason I did it for a few hours last night was because it was a last chance saloon to make a decent amount.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
my buddy did a crew only server and an armored car did appear. he said immediate 3 star for attacking the driver, but after the police killed him he was free to approach and blow the doors off for the cash. i believe it was 4k.

not sure but maybe everyone in the open world needs to be above level 20 for them to appear. of course no instructions so all speculation.

I got one to spawn in solo mode last night. Drove up to it and threw a sticky bomb out of my car directly on the back door. I followed it for a while then triggered the bomb. Instant 3 stars the payout was around 11k though. I managed to avoid the cops by shooting down the choppa then hiding in a tunnel.

Kajiba

The funny thing about Rockstar dishing out these exploit patches ASAP is, I doubt people would have abused them anywhere near as much if they didn't realise it was gonna be patched.

The only reason I did it for a few hours last night was because it was a last chance saloon to make a decent amount.

You sitting on $15 million. You're good for a long ass time lol.

sSzElO8.gif

harrytang

I got one to spawn in solo mode last night. Drove up to it and threw a sticky bomb out of my car directly on the back door. I followed it for a while then triggered the bomb. Instant 3 stars the payout was around 11k though. I managed to avoid the cops by shooting down the choppa then hiding in a tunnel.

damn that's a lot! solo server time.

To be positive for a change, I finally got to do some of the simple early missions last night, and even with only 1 friend (who has had the game three nights) it was a blast.

To try to eliminate the cloud of losing money hanging over me, I spent my money on a 6-car garage. I think for from here on in I'm just going to spend money on upgrading cars and buying better weapons, at least until we can safely bank money in the stock market (which will probably be nerfed).

ironcreed

Banned
I may go ahead and give it another shot on PS3 tonight beings it seems like people are actually able to play it now. Should be interesting.

harrytang

Some people are really lame. They get a large bounty on their head, I follow them, they leave as I approach them. So sad. R* should just reset the bounty timer when you leave and join another session, and not reward straight up leaving by letting those players' bounty run out.

i think they do reset the bounty timer when you switch sessions. i also think you cannot wait a bounty out in store or your apt, but i could be wrong about the apt piece.

on xbox at least i always try and go into recent friends and follow them to their next session. they can try and run if they want but if its big enough i'll try and keep up.

Ted

I've had a few crates drop and managed to get a couple of them.

First had 5k and "ammo", second had 1000RP and an SMG. I didn't mind the cash or the RP but in both cases the weaponry was a disappointment. As someone has already said a few posts ago you can get mini-guns and all sorts from them so getting an SMG made me roll my eyes.

The first I collected wasn't surrounded by any AI and I just walked up to it, shot off the lid and claimed the content. The second took a little longer to get to so by the time I did it had 3 or 4 (?) reasonably well armed AI surrounding it trying to take me out.

Another dropped but no-one got to it in time and an on-screen prompt appeared telling us it had been captured by arms smugglers and the question mark disappeared from the map.

I've also seen an armoured truck and blew up the doors off with a sticky bomb whilst it was driving on the highway however I couldn't find the actual money before the police arrived all guns blazing so I have no idea what it is "worth".

Alienous

Senaxx just sent me a PM. If you are reading this I can't reply to it because you have receiving private messages disabled.

What the hell is this? Scared the shit out of me.

Anyway, I really have the urge to play again. Fuck fuckity fuck, Rockstar, will you at least admit you lost my character down the back of your server's sofa?

At this point, I would have been better off level-wise making a new one.

so the cheapass 200k apartment will allow me to do heists (when they're out) right? so there's no real good reason to buy a more expensive place?

do any of the 10 car apartments have a bong in them? :p

Defyler

so the cheapass 200k apartment will allow me to do heists (when they're out) right? so there's no real good reason to buy a more expensive place?

I believe any of the apartments with a 10 car garage will support heists eventually.

I went with Weasel Plaza apt 70.

Bong - check.

319k.

Eh lol

I really envy you guys for having so much money. I can't even afford to put an insurance on my damn car because I only have 30k at lvl 13. It's going to take long to buy an apartment I guess... :/

I think it was around Level 10 - 13 that I ended up jumping in cash. I've never grinded, but you make good money from races and other mission types that start to unlock by then. I was having trouble making any money, but now I've got a shitty $87,000 apartment, 2 decent cars with mods, and about $65k in the bank.

Personally, location is all that matters in an apt in my opinion. You want something in the center of downtown so that you can easily get there if you need a safe house or want to stash a car.

All you guys have several hundred thousand homes, I just have one crappy 2 car garage apratment for 30 k :( At least the game works now! It's hella fun!!!

i don't have any garage or homes yet, just an extremely souped up.....sabre turbo.

i'm the ultimate hoodrat. i just love that car ever since gta 3, it's a piece of shit, but it was free to steal, it's loud as hell, and it burnsout like a mofo.

it's such a bad choice competitively but fuck it, hood rat for life

Lothars

does anyone know how to get invited to the gaf crew on the rockstar social club? my name on there is lothars.

I did request an invite to join.

todahawk

i don't have any garage or homes yet, just an extremely souped up.....sabre turbo.

i'm the ultimate hoodrat. i just love that car ever since gta 3, it's a piece of shit, but it was free to steal, it's loud as hell, and it burnsout like a mofo.

it's such a bad choice competitively but fuck it, hood rat for life

yeah, i love driving but i don't care for racing that much so i'm trying to get a go to car that has some personality along with solid speed and handling.

J4g3r

People online really need to stop coming after me, I'm starting to feel bad for them..!

I was in Ammu-nation getting some body armour while a guy was waiting for me outside in his car. I killed him with my carbine then stuck a sticky bomb to his car.

I drove off and straight away noticed his marker speeding towards me for some revenge, so of course I detonated the sticky bomb and killed him again.

I then got some pretty vulgar text messages from him calling me a noob for using explosives.

He came after me!

Lol...

So I grinded the Criminal Records race (single lap, takes about 30 seconds) solo with a supercar last night to gain RP. I started out Level 7 and ended up Level 9. At Level 7 I earned 490 RP per race, at Level 8 I earned 500 RP, and at Level 9 I earned 515 RP. So that explains why some people were saying they got 1,000 RP from the race, they are just higher ranks, so the RP awarded scales up.

I'm probably not going to grind it much, since it gives no money, but I think it's definitely worth it for low level characters to get to Level 5, which unlocks the Micro SMG. Just make sure you've got enough cash to actually buy the Micro SMG.

Gaz_RB

People online really need to stop coming after me, I'm starting to feel bad for them..!

I was in Ammu-nation getting some body armour while a guy was waiting for me outside in his car. I killed him with my carbine then stuck a sticky bomb to his car.

I drove off and straight away noticed his marker speeding towards me for some revenge, so of course I detonated the sticky bomb and killed him again.

I then got some pretty vulgar text messages from him calling me a noob for using explosives.

He came after me!

Lol...

And you're the "bad sport" for defending yourself with the tools given to you! Not him for waiting outside Ammunation to kill you haha

400k apartment comes with a bong as well.

Btw, why don't we assemble a catalogue with apartment info. Pics and information people wanna know. I wasn't able to find a good website about GTAO apartments and I can't purchase and photograph every crib all by myself. :)

I can offer pics and info on Eclipse Towers, Apt 31 ($400k)

This is brilliant.

Gaz_RB

I think it was around Level 10 - 13 that I ended up jumping in cash. I've never grinded, but you make good money from races and other mission types that start to unlock by then. I was having trouble making any money, but now I've got a shitty $87,000 apartment, 2 decent cars with mods, and about $65k in the bank.

Personally, location is all that matters in an apt in my opinion. You want something in the center of downtown so that you can easily get there if you need a safe house or want to stash a car.

I thought that too, until I realized I bought the one that assholes like to hang out in front of. 50% of the time when I leave my garage I get shot in the face. I hate how it doesn't let you control the car as it leaves the garage.

Gaz_RB

How many times do you strike-out and get dunced for how long?

It is complete horseshit.

How many personal cars do you need to destroy before getting the dunce cap?

I think I had blown up 10-15 over a 40+ hour period. It just kinda adds up. I was banned from playing with good sport friends for 2 days, and had to live in the land of tanks and RPGS.

Basically, if you notice that you've become a "Dodgy Player", stay out of free roam for a while, just in case.

Tawpgun

I think I had blown up 10-15 over a 40+ hour period. It just kinda adds up. I was banned from playing with good sport friends for 2 days, and had to live in the land of tanks and RPGS.

Basically, if you notice that you've become a "Dodgy Player", stay out of free roam for a while, just in case.

Oh ok. Hopefully it isn't a lifetime accumulation. I think I've only blown up 1-2 personal cars.

Delivered a car for Simeon... Never got paid.

Wtf?

I delivered a car to Simeon for the first time last night. I was kinda hoping he'd give me a better return than LS Customs, but I'm pretty sure it was roughly the same, despite the fact that I had to pay to respray the car first. Rockstar's really doesn't want to hand out much cash, do they?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I delivered a car to Simeon for the first time last night. I was kinda hoping he'd give me a better return than LS Customs, but I'm pretty sure it was roughly the same, despite the fact that I had to pay to respray the car first. Rockstar's really doesn't want to hand out much cash, do they?

First time I think I got around 9k for a car that's only 4k through customs.

Kajiba

Oh ok. Hopefully it isn't a lifetime accumulation. I think I've only blown up 1-2 personal cars.

You should be good.

I know i'm way over ten now with all the people that came after me for various of reasons. I get the feeling if I blow up two or more cars, my ass is getting sent over there lol. Really don't want to go there.

First time I think I got around 9k for a car that's only 4k through customs.

Maybe I'm just off on the value for the Schyster Fusilade. Simeon gave me $5,500 for it, reduced from the $6k he would've given me in perfect shape (a minivan swerved into me only a mile or two from the dropoff). When I subtract the $780 I paid to have the car resprayed, I was at about $4,800 gained. Seemed like a weak payout to me.

Top Bottom