• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Anyone know what the most customizable cars are?

example would be the mustang has a few more choices than the challenger when it comes to little add ons.

I noticed something weird yesterday. I did some jobs and noticed one of my stats raised up. (You know how you get the on screen prompt saying 40/100 right?)

I just got one for HEALTH?!
20/100

Just took a Sabre Turbo to Los Santos Customs and noticed you can install a Wheelie Bar...

I wonder if it works.

I have had one for awhile but haven't gotten it to work yet. I wonder if when you upgrade your engine enough and transmission if you can create enough torque to pop the wheelie.

something to look forward to!

So, not only my level went down from 50 to 44 but my 795 thousand dollars car disappeared. 10+ hours in the trash. I think I'm done with the online for now. Too much bullshit.

J4g3r

I have had one for awhile but haven't gotten it to work yet. I wonder if when you upgrade your engine enough and transmission if you can create enough torque to pop the wheelie.

something to look forward to!

Yeah, would love to be able pop wheelies at the start of races..!

So, not only my level went down from 50 to 44 but my 795 thousand dollars car disappeared. 10+ hours in the trash. I think I'm done with the online for now. Too much bullshit.

this is why my main car is a sabre turbo. just play and have fun. i really doubt you could have made well over a mill already without doing a lot of boring grinding and shit lol.

Imo Base Invaders, a Ron mission, is pretty easy for the money earned. Set it to easy, land near the jet closest to the ocean, take cover behind the red and white checkered box and shoot the guys in the huge army van who roll up. Take the van and chuck sticky bombs on each of the jets as you drive past then after blowing them up drive straight into the hanger with the cargobob and park directly next to the driver's side of it. Get in the heli and you're home free, for a smooth 25k. Takes maybe 5 minutes with practice.

Qwell

i can't seem to find a straight answer, sorry if this has been dished out before. If I buy a Rhino online, I know it won't be stored in my garage. But if it blows up, or I leave the game and come back is it still available in my stash? Like can I use my mechanic or the web browser to have another one show up? Or do you have to pay the 1.5million or whatever it is every time you want to spawn the Rhino?

Roche

i can't seem to find a straight answer, sorry if this has been dished out before. If I buy a Rhino online, I know it won't be stored in my garage. But if it blows up, or I leave the game and come back is it still available in my stash? Like can I use my mechanic or the web browser to have another one show up? Or do you have to pay the 1.5million or whatever it is every time you want to spawn the Rhino?

You call a contact on your phone and it's delivered I believe, costs 1K.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You call a contact on your phone and it's delivered I believe, costs 1K.

I assume it is the same for planes, helicopters, and boats then?

Kind if wish they just let us buy a hanger with heli pad just like normal garages, there's 3 airfields in total and a bunch of hangers at the airport.

I managed to do A Titan Of A Job on normal solo once, using both lives. I tried after and couldn't even get into the plane lol so I doubt I can repeat it reliably solo.

Edit: Is cash also affected by choosing Easy, Normal or Hard? Or is it only RP?

I delivered a car to Simeon for the first time last night. I was kinda hoping he'd give me a better return than LS Customs, but I'm pretty sure it was roughly the same, despite the fact that I had to pay to respray the car first. Rockstar's really doesn't want to hand out much cash, do they?

It depends on the car, the type of Simeon mission, and the condition the car is in when you turn it in. The Green Car symbol mission in Free Roam returns an extremely high amount if you get the car there in mint condition. The list of cars mission that he sends in a text message can vary in reward depending on which car you pick from the list to take to him. Like the Green Car mission, the final amount also varies on the condition the car is in when you turn it in to him.

The highest I received from him was for a Green Car mission in a Free Roam lobby where no one attempted to stop me. Turned in an SUV (The FQ 2 if I recall) in perfect condition for 21k.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I managed to do A Titan Of A Job on normal solo once, using both lives. I tried after and couldn't even get into the plane lol so I doubt I can repeat it reliably solo.

Edit: Is cash also affected by choosing Easy, Normal or Hard? Or is it only RP?

Only RP, for now.

Eidan

I guess I just don't get how safe zones work. I go into a Suburban to stay safe while I got to the delivery guy, and come back to see I've been killed four times.

I guess I just don't get how safe zones work. I go into a Suburban to stay safe while I got to the delivery guy, and come back to see I've been killed four times.

Not sure on stores, but I think parking in a LS Customs is probably the best way to idle. It also protects your car.

Best way to idle is an Apartment (which makes even the cheaper ones worthwhile imo).

For Stores, there's been reports of people opening the doors then running outside to shoot people standing inside. If you idle in an LS Customs, people will camp the outside to ambush you when you come out.

In an Apartment, you have two exit points so it becomes harder to camp.

Edit: Even a roof isn't safe as someone truly determined will just fly a plane into you.

If you idle in an LS Customs, people will camp the outside to ambush you when you come out.

In an Apartment, you have two exit points so it becomes harder to camp.

Well yeah, an Apartment is best, but a lot of people don't own those. I'm saving up for one of the low $300k ones, rather than lose money by purchasing a cheaper one and only getting refunded half when I upgrade. In the meantime, LS Customs is my best bet, especially for the LS Customs that are less frequented by players.

Not to mention, if someone wants to camp outside the LS Customs I'm parked in for half an hour, he deserves to get the kill.

I just want to share my experience from the other day:

I joined a free roam where a couple of people tried to kill me as soon as I spawn. I kill these guys a couple times and they put a bounty on my head.

My car was nowhere around so I stole a police car to get away. I then notice the whole lobby is chasing after me. I drive around for a while until I flip my car. I crawl out and look up and breathe a sigh of relief as I see a fellow gaf crew member pulling up. "Thank god you're here" shotgun blast to the face :( lol

Marleyman

Banned

I joined a free roam where a couple of people tried to kill me as soon as I spawn. I kill these guys a couple times and they put a bounty on my head.

My car was nowhere around so I stole a police car to get away. I then notice the whole lobby is chasing after me. I drive around for a while until I flip my car. I crawl out and look up and breathe a sigh of relief as I see a fellow gaf crew member pulling up. "Thank god you're here" shotgun blast to the face :( lol

Dude, that is fucked up
but hilarious
Who was the GAFFer?

Gaz_RB

Forreal, seeing a GAF crewmember should be a good thing, as you know you have some back up and in regards to your situation, a getaway driver. He should get kicked out! Don't want it to get to the point that we can't even trust the crew homies

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Why is friendly fire and auto lock-on enabled when you're doing a co-op mission?

playing earlier and pressed reload but the game decided I might want to pistol whip my teammate and fail the mission instead.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man, I despise this game online. lol.

I think this is the most negative I've felt about something this entire gen.

Con_Smith

Banned
I'm starting to think that the best part of multiplayer isn't even the multiplayer but all the fun new random stuff that happens in the world the more you level.

To go from races and death matches to the amount of just in lobby action and fun you can get into really makes this worth every minute spent playing it. If you haven't run into any serious bugs of course but whuddayagonnadohuh?

Con_Smith

Banned
Forreal, seeing a GAF crewmember should be a good thing, as you know you have some back up and in regards to your situation, a getaway driver. He should get kicked out! Don't want it to get to the point that we can't even trust the crew homies

Man I've had a few gafstreet peeps cap me when trying to cruise around los Santos robbing stores and catching bounties. Had they been in neogang I might have set em straight.

Dude, that is fucked up
but hilarious
Who was the GAFFer?

Lol yea. I don't know his GAF name but his PSN was cod something.

Yea I was thinking the same thing at the time. Now I just think it's kinda funny still fucked up though. Maybe we should implement a three strikes rule for the crew?

todahawk

Man, I despise this game online. lol.

I think this is the most negative I've felt about something this entire gen.

Did it lower your opinion of people in general?
Or is it the constant taxation of pretty much everything you do?
Or the bugs & glitches?
Or the connection errors and session/job joining issues?
Or the focus of R* on nerfing missions to encourage the purchase of in-game dollars?
Or the character loss fiasco?

I'm having a lot of fun playing missions with friends but the griefers are horrible. We get a bit of satisfaction out of making them regret killing us but I don't really enjoy being shot in the back during moments of complete vulnerability like buyings items at Ammunation or using your phone to deposit money, etc.

Re: NGAF (PS3 GTAO crew)
I'm still in the crew but no one from GAF ever responds to my invites (the exception of WhatRobEats) so I play with another crew that backs each other up, hangs out and generally has a lot of fun.

Imm0rt4l

Anyone know what the most customizable cars are?

example would be the mustang has a few more choices than the challenger when it comes to little add ons.

Futo, the drift car is really customizable.

So how many Co-op/Heist missions are there? Cause all I see on the maps are all these deathmatch, racing and last man standing missions.

I did a mission that was sort of a heist yesterday minus an entire gang. It was a 2 player only mission given to me by Lester. One guy made his way to a helicopter which had money or diamonds while the other had to cover using sniper.

Real heists haven't been put in the game yet though.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yea I was thinking the same thing at the time. Now I just think it's kinda funny still fucked up though. Maybe we should implement a three strikes rule for the crew?

Fuck that 3 strike shit. If somebody from Gaming Age Fam does this and I see it or somebody reports to me that they did, boot and ban.

bish.gif

Top Bottom