• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

haha that was supposed to be a joke but yeah, go ahead. i'm always on during weeknights.
cept tonight
got dat bowling league

So you are the cunt who I helped rob a store and didn't drop any money to compensate.

I see you, cunt.
3AQmK.gif

kris.

Banned
So you are the cunt who I helped rob a store and didn't drop any money to compensate.

I see you, cunt.
3AQmK.gif

noooo! i tried coming on here and apologizing hoping you'd see it, too :( i had been playing for like half an hour and had no idea you could share money but by the time i figured it out you were gone! i finally got a mic btw. :3

Where is this located?

I can't check where the starting point is right now because I'm at work, but I just pause the game and go to Jobs, then choose Racing missions and select it from there. Set to 1 lap, no traffic, clear, no weather and you're good to go. It's been a while since I raced bikes but I seem to remember getting less RP than with cars per race.

If it's not selectable through the Job screen it could be because you're not high enough level. I've been doing it since like 20 or so.

todahawk

haha that was supposed to be a joke but yeah, go ahead. i'm always on during weeknights.
cept tonight
got dat bowling league

well geez, if you didn't really mean it :p
i'll still send... but i won't be on much tonight myself... got a date.
edit:
gawd! you steal from people too????

MYeager

I've decided to be a super hero in free roam. If I encounter people ganging up on lone dudes I'll protect them.

I've encountered glitches at different times that turned me either invisible or invulnerable, then roamed around griefing the griefers. Turned it into my favorite superhero game.

Really evil way of messing with people: find them as they're speeding from the cops, shoot out their tires and them a little bit but not enough to kill them, then drive off.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I always hear people on the mics robbing stores, I never hear people on the mic flirting with strippers, why?

LOL
Considering the way the voice detection works, you may think they're robbing stores... :D

We sure can!

Now empty the damn register before I I kill you, get you ID go to your house, murder your dog, your wife, you kids and your neighbors!

I like when British people are doing the talking,
I get into the mood when I'm robbing the stores. Threats to blow heads off, murder families etc.
Imagine non-gamers overhearing those conversations.

Where is this located?

I can't check where the starting point is right now because I'm at work, but I just pause the game and go to Jobs, then choose Racing missions and select it from there. Set to 1 lap, no traffic, clear, no weather and you're good to go. It's been a while since I raced bikes but I seem to remember getting less RP than with cars per race.

If it's not selectable through the Job screen it could be because you're not high enough level. I've been doing it since like 20 or so.

On the map it's one of two race locations in the city near the Bank from the SP story. There's a section there where two streets intersect on two levels with one lane in each direction rising up from the lower level to the higher level. It's kind of confusing to describe but I think you'll know it when you see it.

7he Talon

Didn't play for a few days, got back on and most of my friends are level 75+. Found out there is a mission that get's you 25k and a heap of xp in 30 seconds. They just replayed it for hours.

GQman2121

Banned
There are numerous people in one of the PS3 GAF Crews that haven't even signed on yet. Someone should audit that shit and get some players in there.

They should have a Terminator you can call on someone, an un-killable android that hunts the player down non-stop.

Also, it's actually fun replaying that cement truck mission because of how you have to coordinate blowing them up in order to finish the mission quickly. Feels good

todahawk

They should have a Terminator you can call on someone, an un-killable android that hunts the player down non-stop.

Also, it's actually fun replaying that cement truck mission because of how you have to coordinate blowing them up in order to finish the mission quickly. Feels good

It would be really awesome if you could designate a crew member or friend to be the Terminator for that time period.

Gorillaz

I'm glad I convinced friends to play and they aren't bummed out about it. Online would be pointless if I had to play with randoms or alone.
If it wasn't for crews and friends I probably wouldn't even mess with it either. I can feel the cesspool of a community forming soon.

Ploid 3.0

Can patched people join the unpatched and also farm with replay with them? I would have liked to not log out but I didn't expect them to take out the R2 replay.

I kinda hope this game change drastically, or die out because if it's not, it's going to make a killing with the money cards. I don't buy that stuff unless the company put in the work to make normal play pleasant to where you don't even think about buying their optional stuff since it's not vital to the game. Guild Wars 2 is the only game I bought store currency for. Their store sells very optional stuff like skins, character slots (they give you enough to start with), and bank space (I didn't need this but had nothing else to get).

Arenanet (GW2 devs) was worthy to me because they have been adding substantial content every week - two weeks for a good while. Getting money to buy stuff isn't a chore, and playing the game for gold the best way to get it, converting gems (the currency for their store) to gold isn't really good. EXPing is so good depending on what the weeks event is, and you can travel all over the place via warps (not time consuming). It's pleasant to play. GTAO? I play solo because I don't want to be set back too far by getting killed. I have too far to go doing missions slowly, with no replay. Slowly because you have to call for it, wait, activate the mission, then there's the lobby thing, wait a while if you don't solo it, do the mission and hope it's not a long mission with crap pay, then you start the process over.

They are why Rockstar is constantly changing shit.

Yeah they were giving other players no reason to want cash cards.

Acorn

Can patched people join the unpatched and also farm with replay with them? I would have liked to not log out but I didn't expect them to take out the R2 replay.

I kinda hope this game change drastically, or die out because if it's not, it's going to make a killing with the money cards. I don't buy that stuff unless the company put in the work to make normal play pleasant to where you don't even think about buying their optional stuff since it's not vital to the game. Guild Wars 2 is the only game I bought store currency for. Their store sells very optional stuff like skins, character slots (they give you enough to start with), and bank space (I didn't need this but had nothing else to get).

Arenanet (GW2 devs) was worthy to me because they have been adding substantial content every week - two weeks for a good while. Getting money to buy stuff isn't a chore, and playing the game for gold the best way to get it, converting gems (the currency for their store) to gold isn't really good. EXPing is so good depending on what the weeks event is, and you can travel all over the place via warps (not time consuming). It's pleasant to play. GTAO? I play solo because I don't want to be set back too far by getting killed. I have too far to go doing missions slowly, with no replay. Slowly because you have to call for it, wait, activate the mission, then there's the lobby thing, wait a while if you don't solo it, Do the mission and hope it's not a long mission with crap pay, then you start the process over.
Yeah, I spend more on ammo and armor than some of the payouts

I noticed something weird yesterday. I did some jobs and noticed one of my stats raised up. (You know how you get the on screen prompt saying 40/100 right?)

I just got one for HEALTH?!
20/100

I've gotten the max health one two or three times but every time it pops up as 20/100.

Where do you store choppers? Are their certain helipads? [...]

Well, the Cargobob we took spawned at the Senora Desert airfield, it wasn't mine. But when you purchase a heli, an "H" icon appears on your map and you can collect it there. I doubt you can store stolen helis. :/

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
A friend and I just had quite a bit of fun trying to get up Mount Chiliad in a Sand King, which might sound easy but there are certain parts of the path for hikers and bikers that get really steep to the point of taking 10 minutes worth of trying to get up. Once we were at the top we just ran down the other side, which lead to just rolling down uncontrollably to our very near deaths, it was incredibly amusing to see both of us flip flopping about, there are few games quite like GTA, lol.

Top Bottom