• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

eival

16MvrrG.jpg

Ryhian

Watching a stream on twitch. Guy is level 153! Crazy. I guess there is also some car selling glitch that a lot are using for money. I hope Rockstar actually monitors legit glitches and resets or bans people.

Ploid 3.0

Cool (I'm optimistic), now I wait. Finish up Beyond, maybe put all my money on my alt again to play public with my main. Doing this is very scary. I still think my alt and main can vanish when going through the menus. Having my mule character die with all of my money would truly hurt.

GavinGT

Banned
Watching a stream on twitch. Guy is level 153! Crazy. I guess there is also some car selling glitch that a lot are using for money. I hope Rockstar actually monitors legit glitches and resets or bans people.

They're still struggling to get basic things working, like not deleting our characters. I really doubt they're monitoring such things.

Acorn

Yeah, fucking right. So with all of the games issues, one thing that was actually functioning properly now doesn't because of a patch? Right......
Yeah and that the latest patch disabled rt restarting. So they are trying to say two successive patches accidently broke the replay option, one partly and the second fixing the loophole.

Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining rockstar.

-Deimos

I call bullshit as well. They probably disabled it as a temporary fix while they figure out a way to make farming missions less profitable than simply buying cash cards.

eival

What can't the cargobob pick up? Can it pick up a tank?

... can you drop a tank into the downtown area and let it hunt people?

theres no way you'll even get close to the ground over the base with a cargobob

you can pick up anyone driving around the city tho, pretty fun, its hard to actually latch it on tho, its not very "magnetic" you have to be pretty spot on.

would be funny to troll people driving around and just pick them up and take them high up and drop them

GavinGT

Banned
What can't the cargobob pick up? Can it pick up a tank?

... can you drop a tank into the downtown area and let it hunt people?

Theoretically, it can pick up a tank. It works in single player. But getting to the tank online without getting shot down is nearly impossible.

you can pick up anyone driving around the city tho, pretty fun, its hard to actually latch it on tho, its not very "magnetic" you have to be pretty spot on.

would be funny to troll people driving around and just pick them up and take them high up and drop them

Dropping them into the prison is the best.

Acorn

you can pick up anyone driving around the city tho, pretty fun, its hard to actually latch it on tho, its not very "magnetic" you have to be pretty spot on

*jumps out with parachute*

Kajiba

I'm not doing any glitches. That Bike glitch and Car clone one is some shady stuff.

eival

I call bullshit as well. They probably disabled it as a temporary fix while they figure out a way to make farming missions less profitable than simply buying cash cards.

they said from day one nobody will probably buy the cards.

as long as people are playing the game they dont care.

would you rather sit there for an hour replaying this mission, or just pay what ever to unlock it?

thats no different than what F2P games use, theres nothing stopping you from "grinding" Plants Vs Zombies 2, or you can just pay and get everything up front

Acorn

would you rather sit there for an hour replaying this mission, or just pay what ever to unlock it?

thats no different than what F2P games use, theres nothing stopping you from "grinding" Plants Vs Zombies 2, or you can just pay and get everything up front
Farming was too effective for their liking. See the payout reductions for an example.

Ploid 3.0

sigh this is most likely the case. They managed to nerf the profits of Violent Duct, No Hay Beuno (sp), and now that it's down they can slowly go through the missions and nerf them all.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
God damn Rockstar, why can't we have cool costumes like this, I know they would no doubt not fit in cars correctly, but it would be cool for future heists and such.

0_0.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Yes, speed running them was fun to me. Especially since I got a worthy reward at the end. Since day one I replayed missions I was familiar with because I'd try to play them more effectively. Like the mission where I had to get the meth van from people (early mission). I stealth sniped 3 people with my trusty silenced pistol, then tackled the rest. I took a alternate path than the yellow like showed arriving at my destination by climbing a small mountain trail. Felt like the good old GTA "do missions the way you want" days.

Kajiba

Farming was too effective for their liking. See the payout reductions for an example.

I honestly just see them adjusting the earnings of each mission they have now and later in the future. They didn't see how easy some of these missions were going to be later down road when GTAO came out. Plus some of the missions make no sense.

Rooftop Rumble you're supposed to kill the armed men, get the documents and deliver them back to martin. But blowing up the evidence also makes you pass the mission? That's not right.

I'm surprised how a game mechanic I initially did not like, the aiming lock on, makes the online mode more fun. Lag is less of a concern and since the gameplay isn't just about being a sharpshooter, it doesn't feel lame after a while.

Man, this game is just too good.

Acorn

I honestly just see them adjusting the earnings of each mission they have now and later in the future. They didn't see how easy some of these missions were going to be later down road when GTAO came out. Plus some of the missions make no sense.

Rooftop Rumble you're supposed to kill the armed men, get the documents and deliver them back to martin. But blowing up the evidence also makes you pass the mission? That's not right.
Yes but on the opposite side too many missions pay like shit for too much effort and the costs of ammo and armor.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm looking to play here in about an hour. My wife is out of town and I'm probably going to be playing the majority of the night.

PS3-GAF look for me in the crew or if your aren't in feel free to add me. Same PSN name as here. Warning I'm not very good at shooting so I don't have free aim on and won't turn it on.

Gorillaz

Yea fucking right. Like what someone else said, it just "happens" to play into there hand that replay of certain missions don't work. Yea, OK.

It says alot that people still having problems connecting yet they are more focused into slowing down the farming of the missions so people would have to get the cash cards

Batigol

Banned
Starting to lose interest in online.

Play for 45 mins and make minus 4k is not fun at all.

Couldn't even get 4 people for a mission

On top of that it crashes and I get warned about bad sport because I had to dashboard

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I flew close to the ground for a few minutes while being chased by 7-8 tanks trying to pick one up before being shot. You just can't hover there. Need to find a tank that is alone on the perimeter near the fence to be able to pick one up. Or have a friend steal one and move to the outer edge of the fence while defending the position.

GavinGT

Banned
Starting to lose interest in online.

Play for 45 mins and make minus 4k is not fun at all.

Couldn't even get 4 people for a mission

On top of that it crashes and I get warned about bad sport because I had to dashboard

It's way easier to make cash in solo mode. Playing with randoms is just not fun a lot of the time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How do you even play this solo or with just friends... I don't see the option anywhere.

If you fly in a chopper real low on the base you will not get detected until you touch down

jediyoshi

Bullshit. Nice that it just so happens to play into their cash card hands. It won't be fixed until cash cars have been made available for a while.

You're betting against the odds that something is actually bugged in GTAO? You have too much faith.

Reule

Not sure if it's been posted yet but someone went out their way to show off the views for all the high-end apartments that have ten car garages.

http://youtu.be/JapRirmona8

The 391K apartment seems to have one of the best views of the city but I like how 253K has a view of the ocean and the ferris wheel. I'm torn!

Qwell

Omw home from work for more GTAO, I'm up to rank 49 PS3, hopefully Martin actually hands out the Mixing with the Coke mission tonight. Stingy bastard didn't even give it to me once last night.

RS4-

Played for 30 mins. 20 mins of those comprised of either loading or timing out.

Finished 2 TDMs and that businessman mission. Good stuff.

-Deimos

There's no way it's a coincidence that first replay became broken and then quick restart not to mention that replay still works for certain types of jobs.

Top Bottom