• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Gaz_RB

I hate it when you stir up some random crews and they kick you from the game! >.<

Yeah I don't think you should be able to kick people from a free roam session when you have the option to leave yourself. Punishes players that are good at this game. (Sort of like the bad sport system)

I was running circles around this one group of assholes and they got angry that they're attempts to kill me were failing and they kicked me out.

Edit: shit meant to edit that into my last post, not double post. sorry homies

I forgot, so there was a brief discussion on here a day or two ago about the relationship between Job Points and the Bad Sport flag and I do think they are related, if you have the JP to cover the penalty perhaps you don't get flagged as a Bad Sport, just the warning comes up. Last night I was turning in the priority car or whatever it's called for Simeon and as I was pulling it into the garage some asshat started shooting at me, suffice to say I lost quite a bit on it. So when I got out he was still hanging around trying to kill me, well I gave a shot at shooting him but then I decided "fuck it" and threw sticky bombs, took a couple tries but I blew him up. Got the notification and checked my JP and it certainly went down. As lame as it is it does look like JP is the way to offset the Badsport thing unless there's further discussion I missed about the issue.

16MvrrG.jpg

That's bullshit!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Starting to lose interest in online.

Play for 45 mins and make minus 4k is not fun at all.

Couldn't even get 4 people for a mission

On top of that it crashes and I get warned about bad sport because I had to dashboard

I make usually 7-9k within the first few minutes every time I go online for the day and then every in-game day after that, not selling certain cars for a good few thousand each time is just ignoring easy money that isn't tied to doing much at all besides finding a suitable vehicle.

Then you go find other things to do and get annoyed when none of it works out because Rockstar have simply designed a terrible system for playing with people.

So, I create a closed friend session, me and a friend does a job - is there a way to get into that same session after? Because if we choose free roam, it takes us to an open session with other players.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So, I create a closed friend session, me and a friend does a job - is there a way to get into that same session after? Because if we choose free roam, it takes us to an open session with other players.

It is a pain in the ass, if you quit out instead of choosing free roam it usually sends me back to my friend only session, but alone, then I invite my friend back in. Rockstar seriously need to sort out some sort of party system, if I start a mission my friend comes with me, and then returns with me afterwards.

Yeah I don't think you should be able to kick people from a free roam session when you have the option to leave yourself. Punishes players that are good at this game. (Sort of like the bad sport system)

I was running circles around this one group of assholes and they got angry that they're attempts to kill me were failing and they kicked me out.

Edit: shit meant to edit that into my last post, not double post. sorry homies

Just been kicked again because I managed to grab a jet before the three other dudes from some random crew did. It's pissong me off!

Starting to lose interest in online.

Play for 45 mins and make minus 4k is not fun at all.

Couldn't even get 4 people for a mission

On top of that it crashes and I get warned about bad sport because I had to dashboard

Just finished a hour session that netted me over $100,000 in cash. Have to find the right friends, and the right missions. Start meeting new people, or finding IRL friends on FB or Twitter who play and went to rank/earn money.

Alienous

I forgot, so there was a brief discussion on here a day or two ago about the relationship between Job Points and the Bad Sport flag and I do think they are related, if you have the JP to cover the penalty perhaps you don't get flagged as a Bad Sport, just the warning comes up. Last night I was turning in the priority car or whatever it's called for Simeon and as I was pulling it into the garage some asshat started shooting at me, suffice to say I lost quite a bit on it. So when I got out he was still hanging around trying to kill me, well I gave a shot at shooting him but then I decided "fuck it" and threw sticky bombs, took a couple tries but I blew him up. Got the notification and checked my JP and it certainly went down. As lame as it is it does look like JP is the way to offset the Badsport thing unless there's further discussion I missed about the issue.

Job Points just show that you're actually playing the game. So it makes sense if Job Points offset griefing. You can grief sometimes, but you still have to play the game as intended.

It is a pain in the ass, if you quit out instead of choosing free roam it usually sends me back to my friend only session, but alone, then I invite my friend back in. Rockstar seriously need to sort out some sort of party system, if I start a mission my friend comes with me, and then returns with me afterwards.

Yeah, it's a hassle. Thanks for the advice.

MAX PAYMENT

You gave up your private room as soon as you decided to play in a non-private game.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You gave up your private room as soon as you decided to play in a non-private game.

It isn't a non-private game though, a friend and I have played every day this week, we do our missions in the same session we were in already so there is just the two of us the whole time so we don't get bothered. Afterwards though the game decides to split us up and throw us into separate games, usually me into the closed friend session we were already in and him into some random game with other people for no reason.

We were in a survival and the session was closed. We just finished and are back in freeroam now. We had some people try to put together a mission chain earlier but we didn't have the people. We may try again in a little bit.

edit: yes that have been my favorit thing to do this week. Calling for mercs is great too. Once I get the airstrike I want people at my apartment watching the insanity.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
We were in a survival and the session was closed. We just finished and are back in freeroam now. We had some people try to put together a mission chain earlier but we didn't have the people. We may try again in a little bit.

Ok, cool. If you do I'm down. As previously posted all I'm doing now is sitting in my apartment watching this dude run for his life with a 9000 bounty on his head.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Invite?

edit: my new favorite thing is sitting in my apartment and putting a bounty on someone then watching them on TV

Were you doing that earlier today? I was in the chopper that landed near you and then killing the guy that came to your apartment when you had a bounty, haha.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Were you doing that earlier today? I was in the chopper that landed near you and then killing the guy that came to your apartment when you had a bounty, haha.

LOL, thanks Bunta. Yea I've been setting bounties and watching them play out nearly all day. I'll go grab a baller SUV sell it and use the proceeds to fund my voyeurism.

I sitll have a 9k bounty on me now from a random NPC. Some dude keeps inviting me to his apartment, presumably to kill me but you can't pull out a weapon in an apartment right?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
LOL, thanks Bunta. Yea I've been setting bounties and watching them play out nearly all day. I'll go grab a baller SUV sell it and use the proceeds to fund my voyeurism.

I sitll have a 9k bounty on me now from a random NPC. Some dude keeps inviting me to his apartment, presumably to kill me but you can't pull out a weapon in an apartment right?
Pretty sure you can't.

Acorn

It's HARD imo. The hanger was cool but there I don't like how it has to make guys appear out of no where to get more enemies there.
Jump in the attack helicopter and let loose Hell.

Some dude randomly put a 1k bounty on me. I reciprocated with a 20k bounty on him.

I should thank him for the chance to get the achievement though.

Defyler

I just keep calling Martin to redo the Lawyer mission. 9k every time and you can finish it really quickly. Just have to lose a 2 star.

Is there anyone else here who has no interest in farming? I'm having a blast just doing whatever I want, even if that means I end up with not a lot of money.

Plasmid

GAF i got it to work! It WAS my network settings.

here's the guide i used.

Ok, So I was one of millions who could not play at all since the patch, got every error in the book! This morning at 5am PST I started the game, pressed X to start online and everything worked, did the first race, drug run and bought clothes with other players. I previously had configured my router and this is what I did, maybe it can help others.
Use the following link to find your router and settings for your console, I did this part as "Single" port forwarding.
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
The specific ports for GTA V Online are as follow for PS3, not sure fi they are the same for XBOX:
TCP 80, UDP 88, TCP & UDP (both) 3074, TCP & UDP (both) 53, UDP 3064, TCP & UDP (both) 1795, TCP & UDP (both) 1745.
Make sure you set all of these to active and single out your consoles specific IP. I did these as Port "Range" Forwarding.
I also Activated the "DMZ" for my consoles specific IP.
Last but not least reset your router, if you don't have the option in the admin site than you must do it manually.
Good Luck!

Need invites to grind $$$$. TheFirstPlasmid on xbl

It's a disaster, also after you play a mission you are not in any session so you cannot invite anyone.

The button to invite players of the same skill seems not to work properly either.

Almost nobody accepts any invites, they need to make the pool of players that are being invited a whole lot larger.

Gold Member
Been meaning to post here for a while but I've been having too much fun!!

The game is crazy good. Tonight four friends and myself went on a tour of duty of store robbing among other things. Managed to get a 150k apartment too, invited the lads round and we chilled before planning our next hit. Just so much fun driving round doing crazy shit, oh and the missions are good too! Roll on tomorrow...

Acorn

Yay, got the bounty achievement. Took the attack helicopter and went up as high as I could go, dude that put the bounty on me made a half hearted effort saw my missiles and gave up. It ran out of fuel so I had to swim for 5 minutes then jump in a car and get another heli.

Nobody really bothered me.

THis game is clearly pay to win. 2k per death? I'm constantly being killed. It's not fair that I barelyt make any cash during a mission, but, lose it twice over. I made 100k today and now I lost 150k because assholes grief me.

Just logged in after not being on since last night. All my cars are gone.
I had a Coquette I put at least a million into, a Baller, 3 motorcycles, a BMX, an ATV and a road bike. All gone.

Fuck this game.

How do I put a bounty on someones head? I call lester and it never lets me. I fucking wish rockstar would FIX the fucking game instead of. y'know making it harder to get money. Really sucks that all your days work is wasted because some cunt griefs you

Top Bottom