• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Why can't I seem to connect to other people? Ever time I log I'm the only one who populates the world. Maybe I need to join a bigger crew? How do I get an invite to the GAF PS3 crew?

Gaz_RB

So word on the street is that if you dashboard (or maybe kill the power) right when you're labeled a bad sport and assigned a time, you can avoid the consequences.

So basically, you're just not saving your last few minutes of progress. Makes sense. Haven't tried it myself but could work as an alternative to going to hell and not being able to play with your friends for 2 days.

Worth a try.

Astery

I hate all the death matches/ team death matched classed as missions just cause. If I want a DM/ TDM I choose to join a DM/ TDM game. Smh

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Yes, speed running them was fun to me. Especially since I got a worthy reward at the end. Since day one I replayed missions I was familiar with because I'd try to play them more effectively. Like the mission where I had to get the meth van from people (early mission). I stealth sniped 3 people with my trusty silenced pistol, then tackled the rest. I took a alternate path than the yellow like showed arriving at my destination by climbing a small mountain trail. Felt like the good old GTA "do missions the way you want" days.

Took me a few attempts to do that mission on my own. Once I realised I didn't have to follow the yellow line I was able to finish it.

Gaz_RB

How do I put a bounty on someones head? Please someone tell me. I call Lester and am never given the option

What happens when you call Lester? What level are you?

When you call he should say some bullshit then a menu pops up on the top left side of the screen with lots of options. Top option is bounty. You click it and assign the bounty to someone and confirm the amount.

What part are you getting stuck at?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
THis game is clearly pay to win. 2k per death? I'm constantly being killed. It's not fair that I barelyt make any cash during a mission, but, lose it twice over. I made 100k today and now I lost 150k because assholes grief me.

How did you manage to lose 150k? lol, I mean, why did you stick around if you kept getting killed by the same people over and over? I would have left when it starts leaving what I could make off a vehicle quickly which is about 9k, there's no point sticking around if you just get frustrated by other players in the hope of some sort of revenge.

How do I put a bounty on someones head? Please someone tell me. I call Lester and am never given the option

When calling Lester you should have a bunch of options in the top left corner of the screen that are unlocked depending on level.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
So word on the street is that if you dashboard (or maybe kill the power) right when you're labeled a bad sport and assigned a time, you can avoid the consequences.

So basically, you're just not saving your last few minutes of progress. Makes sense. Haven't tried it myself but could work as an alternative to going to hell and not being able to play with your friends for 2 days.

Worth a try.

Worth losing your character? It's probably things like quitting at weird times that put a major risk to peoples' cloud saving shenanigans.

Worth a try.

Does commending players do anything? Everyone in games I join sends messages saying "commend me and all commend you! :)"

I was wondering why my Bad Sport time went down one day randomly. How much does commending players do, if anything?

Grinchy

Banned
I really hate playing this game online sometimes. It's impossible to fill a room up and freeroam is a clusterfuck. Why does it restrict you to only inviting people from your session for missions and races anyway? It should go into a matchmaking pool of everyone online. You'd have a full game in 10 seconds.

KAP151

Worth a try.

Hey Gaz, throw me an inv if you are farming that mission from yesterday. I saw your invite that went out, but just missed it it filled up so quickly. Hopefully I can get more than 1 game in this time =(

Chipotle

What's the button to press to get into a car as a passenger or hang off the side? I keep accidentally being an arsehole in missions

Gaz_RB

Hey Gaz, throw me an inv if you are farming that mission from yesterday. I saw your invite that went out, but just missed it it filled up so quickly. Hopefully I can get more than 1 game in this time =(

Oh that last invite was just for a regular mission. I think the patch took out the ability to grind the same way we were last night. But I will be doing some upper level missions tonight so feel free to accept those invites.

Does commending players do anything? Everyone in games I join sends messages saying "commend me and all commend you! :)"

I was wondering why my Bad Sport time went down one day randomly. How much does commending players do, if anything?

Yeah I got a bunch of those in hell too. Not sure. I do imagine it has something to do with bad sport though, cause it only happens in bad sport lobbies.

Gen X

Some lvl 25 muppet was inviting people to a helicopter race last nite and setting it to GTA. As soon as the first person entered he clicked 'Continue' then put max bet on himself. As soon as the race started he lets you get in front then kills you and proceeds to lead the race netting a huge gambling win.

KAP151

Oh that last invite was just for a regular mission. I think the patch took out the ability to grind the same way we were last night. But I will be doing some upper level missions tonight so feel free to accept those invites.

Yeah I got a bunch of those in hell too. Not sure. I do imagine it has something to do with bad sport though, cause it only happens in bad sport lobbies.

NW, sent you a friend request

So, I've been trying to do Death From Above solo... Yeah that mission shouldn't be set to 1-4 players, I'm sure there's a way to do it but the amount of shit going on just seems too ridiculous to handle alone.

Plus just was exiting it and my game froze, whee!

Jesus, Bob. Sorry for sucking so horribly. And thanks for bailing our sorry asses out.

I failed Bob last night, that mission for Lester was awful and they have you use a sniper and a large portion of where guys are is blocked by a tree so you can't see them buy they still manage to shoot at the sniper/supporr with laser like precision. Then there's the other part where they apparently come after you...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I failed Bob last night, that mission for Lester was awful and they have you use a sniper and a large portion of where guys are is blocked by a tree so you can't see them buy they still manage to shoot at the sniper/supporr with laser like precision. Then there's the other part where they apparently come after you...

Trust in Bob, he is our lord and savior.

He's also my 'arch-nemisis' according to the game. I have no idea how that happened. lol

cheesetom

0_0.jpg

Armor + bulletproof tires pays for itself in the long run :D

Ok, this is pissing me off. Even when I beat a mission I ask for, they just keep giving me the same one. Ron and Martin have been offereing the same mission all day and only that mission. Fuck that

Gen X

I really hate playing this game online sometimes. It's impossible to fill a room up and freeroam is a clusterfuck. Why does it restrict you to only inviting people from your session for missions and races anyway? It should go into a matchmaking pool of everyone online. You'd have a full game in 10 seconds.

When you create the lobby and go 'Continue' there are multiple invite options like 'This session', 'My Crew', 'Friends' etc abduction if you click all of them hundreds of invites are sent out.

Ding-Ding

Oh I love this game.

On a server with a group of 4 Italians who were going round picking people off (In same car). I started to approach a couple of blocks from them in a highly modified Sandking. I called Lester to turn me off the radar, then approached them driving like a NPC.

They looked at my car and must have thought it was their lucky day with a NPC driving that. The pulled up nicely infront of me to jack the car and got an explosive charge for their troubles.

Then just sit back and listen to Italians going completely apeshit. Hilarious

Grinchy

Banned
When you create the lobby and go 'Continue' there are multiple invite options like 'This session', 'My Crew', 'Friends' etc abduction if you click all of them hundreds of invites are sent out.
But if you aren't in a huge crew and don't have a lot of PSN people online, it's still only inviting your current session, right? That's the problem for me. If you're not in the GAF crew or some other random big one, you're kinda fucked when it comes to filling rooms.

IMACOMPUTA

The crew function in this game is pure shit at the moment.
There's no way to tell who's doing what, and if anybody in the crew is grouped up.

Who in the crew actually wants to play with the crew? It's been hard to find anybody playing.

0_0.jpg

My crew go hard. Spent nearly $2.5 million total on the Entity and about $150K on the Batti in the background. Life is good when you're on top. Time to show off and let these suckas know who the kings are.

This. So much this.

Didn't Red Dead's matchmaking work that way? I never had to invite people to play Undead Overrun.

louiedog

I feel like there are a ton of penalties and barriers to having fun in this game. Stuff I want requires me to grind through stuff I don't like, the police impound, losing teams getting nothing. If I like a mission I can no longer replay it. It takes like 5 minutes just to get back into another one. No one wants to play races or deathmatch so choosing those is often a fool's errand.

Getting kicked by people online sends me back out to single player, not a new multiplayer session. I've never done anything to get kicked, it usually happens shortly after joining before I've even interacted with anyone, so it's just people online being their typical selves, but it should send me to a new session with those long loads.

Top Bottom