• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Ding-Ding

The crew function in this game is pure shit at the moment.
There's no way to tell who's doing what, and if anybody in the crew is grouped up.

Who in the crew actually wants to play with the crew? It's been hard to find anybody playing.

It would be alot easier if when you receive an invite, its marked clearly that its from a fellow crew member. With over a 100 people in Brit Gaf, its impossible to remember peoples names

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Lol, this person trying to vote me off. Level 11 killed me for no reason so I've killed them about 15 times.

For some reason I also can't move or use my phone or anything. Won't let me start a job from the map, either.

Derrick01

Banned
I feel like there are a ton of penalties and barriers to having fun in this game. Stuff I want requires me to grind through stuff I don't like, the police impound, losing teams getting nothing. If I like a mission I can no longer replay it. It takes like 5 minutes just to get back into another one. No one wants to play races or deathmatch so choosing those is often a fool's errand.

Pretty much anything you think of that would make a mission or mode more fun that might be outside of the standard rules, Rockstar made sure you couldn't do it. In a game from a series that became famous because of its overwhelming freedom at the time. I can't believe what they've done to this series this generation.

It's the most literal real world form of the no fun allowed picture that I've ever seen. They go out of their way to stop you from having fun in different ways in IV and V. In the single player I spent 3 million on a tank and you can barely use it. One shell from another tank (or god forbid your own if you have a misfire) blows it up.

Nowise10

Seriosuly can someone tell me how to make money in this game? In the past 2 days I've lost $5000 dollars, with a total of only 77K, and its annoying.

Seriosuly can someone tell me how to make money in this game? In the past 2 days I've lost $5000 dollars, with a total of only 77K, and its annoying.

Just try to keep doing missions. Even without replay, you can do missions fairly continuously. If you run into a dry spell of missions being assigned, just try to keep driving around to avoid players who gank. It will take awhile but that's the best way without replays.

nbraun80

What exactly does it take to get 5-star online? I stole a jet and shot any cop car it locked onto in the city for probably 10 minutes and still only 4 ha.

Acorn

I really hate playing this game online sometimes. It's impossible to fill a room up and freeroam is a clusterfuck. Why does it restrict you to only inviting people from your session for missions and races anyway? It should go into a matchmaking pool of everyone online. You'd have a full game in 10 seconds.
Its dumb as hell.

ironcreed

Banned
I finally decided to give it another go and played for a few hours. It worked fine, so that was a start. But the loading is almost unbearable and hardly anyone ever wants to join jobs. I did manage some of the bog-standard death match and survival with some people, which was nothing special.

Anyway, I'll mess around with it some, but it is definitely not something I can see myself getting sucked into. It is just not interesting enough to make me really want to. Even the story bits feel like they are merely there for filler and had me feeling like I really did not care. I would rather just enjoy Los Santos in single player, to be honest.

Imm0rt4l

My Futo is about $112, cheap car, cheap insurance.

Can make some pretty decent money racing, RP also.

when I called Mors mutual to get my futo back the operator said she'll see what she can do. I thought it was gone for good as it wouldn't respawn, but my other cars would. Found it in my garage today.

MYeager

Sell cars to the customs shops, it'll make you 3+ grand easily each time and you can do it every 48 in game hours. Robbing convenience stores gets about 1,400-1,800 and in Sandy Shores there's a couple of them near each other and it's easy to ditch the police there. If you just do that between other things you can make $10k just screwing around between missions.

Ploid 3.0

Feels like a free to play game with them obviously balancing everything so that buying in-game money seems appealing.

I'm sure that's how they look at it. "You received GTA Online for free" The reviews were on GTA5 single player. Did it have any mention of MP on the box? Rockstar is slick.

terrible

Banned
I'm sure that's how they look at it. "You received GTA Online for free" The reviews were on GTA5 single player. Did it have any mention of MP on the box? Rockstar is slick.

I'd rather pay money for an extra GTA Online game (ie separate game entirely) and not have to deal with a really grind-y economy like this though. I'm at the point where I'm considering never playing this again and I was really pumped for it.

Ploid 3.0

I'd rather pay money for an extra GTA Online game (ie separate game entirely) and not have to deal with a really grind-y economy than this though. I'm at the point where I'm considering never playing this again and I was really pumped for it.

Yeah, same here, and I actually play F2P pc games. Thing is I bought GTA5 and expected a online mode, not this slow grind crap (post patches to slow the money gain down). Rockstar are noobing it up big time. This is early beta stuff for sure. I'm betting the next gen consoles GTA Online will be the real launch after we went through all of the pain of helping them figure it out.

Buy one or lift one out of the army base with a cargobob.

I was so close to buying a tank but went with Entity XF instead. Now to find some races to unlock stuff.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yeah, same here, and I actually play F2P pc games. Thing is I bought GTA5 and expected a online mode, not this slow grind crap (post patches to slow the money gain down). Rockstar are noobing it up big time. This is early beta stuff for sure. I'm betting the next gen consoles GTA Online will be the real launch after we went through all of the pain of helping them figure it out.

I was so close to buying a tank but went with Entity XF instead. Now to find some races to unlock stuff.

I was thinking about saving up for a tank. Then I thought about it and I'd just end up blowing up everyone's car and be labeled a bad sport. Not even sure what I'm going to do with my money yet. Sitting on 650k or so.

ironcreed

Banned
Feels like a free to play game with them obviously balancing everything so that buying in-game money seems appealing.

Yeah, it is going to be fun to mess around with for awhile, but this is what I was afraid of. I have no interest in riding around in a money grind just so I can by a bunch of virtual clothes and shit, and I damn sure am not going to buy their GTA bucks in order to do so. I can enjoy everything this world has to offer in the single player, with none of that being a worry.

Ploid 3.0

I was thinking about saving up for a tank. Then I thought about it and I'd just end up blowing up everyone's car and be labeled a bad sport. Not even sure what I'm going to do with my money yet. Sitting on 650k or so.

Yeah that was my other thought, then I figured I'd be using it for missions but some missions have fast moving cars, and if you blow up stuff you destroy the item you was sent to fetch. Tanks are for bad behavior players, or people that are just too rich.

Imm0rt4l

Play missions,and after they're done continue with other games in the playlist. Racing, Survival etc.I gained 70k, not a terrible lot from the few hours I played, but I'm not stagnant at least. Also 20k of that came from selling 2 Ballers to Los Santos customs.

Gaz_RB

On that note, how do I save Jets and Helicopters into my garage?

Ack, being a bad sport for blowing up personal vehicles was a REALLY dumb decision by RockStar.

You can't save stolen airplanes/helicopters, but when you buy them you call a contact and they bring it to you.

And yeah, the bad sport system does not belong in a game like this. It punishes honest players way too much.

Sell cars to the customs shops, it'll make you 3+ grand easily each time and you can do it every 48 in game hours. Robbing convenience stores gets about 1,400-1,800 and in Sandy Shores there's a couple of them near each other and it's easy to ditch the police there. If you just do that between other things you can make $10k just screwing around between missions.
If you rob a store, then join a new game, you spawn next to the same store again and can rob it this way endlessly for money.

Spending the next few minutes sending mass messages to everyone in my lobby saying
Hey guys, sorry to bug and be annoying, but being a bad sport is annoying. :p Please commend me, and if you do, message me back and I'll commend you as well! Hopefully we can get out of the bad sport status quickly! Thanks in advance! :)

and then leaving, joining a new lobby, and repeating. Heh. Feel bad, but man I just want to get out of GTA Hell already.

EDIT: You can only commend people every few minutes. God damn it. I have 5 guys waiting for me to commend them. Don't want to lie to them... fucking damn it Rockstar you thought of everything. >:|

Defyler

Getting really bored of the lack of variety in missions still at lvl 27. Would have thought things would have opened up a bit more by now...

GafferGamgee

Neo Member

You can buy the tank, blow shit up, become a bad sport then give me some of your excess money and I guess you'd be labelled a good sport again...

We can work something out like that... =)

Gaz_RB

Spending the next few minutes sending mass messages to everyone in my lobby saying

and then leaving, joining a new lobby, and repeating. Heh. Feel bad, but man I just want to get out of GTA Hell already.

EDIT: You can only commend people every few minutes. God damn it. I have 5 guys waiting for me to commend them. Don't want to lie to them... fucking damn it Rockstar you thought of everything. >:|

Thought of everything except how to create an effective and fair bad sport system...

Top Bottom