• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Quickly losing interest in this game.

Jobs have all been nerfed to once again pay about 2-3K

Getting killed and losing money had been fixed for a bit, but once again every time you get killed in free roam you lose 2K.

And my friend and I found server after server of constant assholes just trying to kill us 24/7.

I swear once Pokemon Y comes out I'm taking a huge break from this series.

psn

Where the hell are the ATMs?

You can use your smartphone, just open it and open "internet", browse to financial and open maze bank. Sometimes safer than running around with the money to the next ATM.

Does anybody know what happens when you buy a helicopter and crash it? Is the helicopter insured?

XAL

I found one of those secret crates guarded by some gang but I can't seem to get the stash, any ideas how to get it?

The gang stuff? Before killing all of the gang members, shoot up the boxes and they'll break. They have guns, ammo, and cash in them.

Kajiba

I just got the special crate box for the first time.

+$5,000
+5,000rp
+minigun(comes with 6,600 bullets)
+body armor

Not bad

Anyone in NGTT PS3 crew, if so watch out gor HostileForLife. He is part of the clan but everytime I encouter him he kills me.

Last incident he ran me over...

Before that shot me while shopping.

udiie

Anyone lost progress since today's update? Friend of mine played for a couple hours today and bought a nice apartment; long story short he's lost all progress but has a spending record of the 300~k he spent... Plus he properly saved and all that junk. Keep an eye out I guess.

My team just beat wave 10 in survival mode and I got a mini gun and an RPG while playing. After the mission, I got $20,000 and got to keep all the guns! Will I be able to purchase ammo for these bad boys?

What exactly does it take to get 5-star online? I stole a jet and shot any cop car it locked onto in the city for probably 10 minutes and still only 4 ha.
It can be done with a jet, I managed to do it after around 10 minutes of constant destruction. Make sure to target helicopters mainly as well because I think they count more for gaining stars. Also use the cannon for ground targets, you'll be able to blow up more stuff.

Timmy00

Oh man, the Titan and The annihilator is spawning for me at Trevor's airstrip. Didn't know they could. They're so much fun to fly.

Acorn

My team just beat wave 10 in survival mode and I got a mini gun and an RPG while playing. After the mission, I got $20,000 and got to keep all the guns! Will I be able to purchase ammo for these bad boys?
Nope. Not until you unlock them, also they disappear if you die or go offline.

breakfuss

Mmmkay, now I'm fairly certain the 'kicked by other players' thing has to be an error. It keeps happening too frequently and I'm honestly not doing a thing to anyone.

Timmy00

Just hit 42 and the buzzard has started spawning there

Really? I can't wait to get it. :D

A small random pic of the annihilator I found.

0_0.jpg

Kajiba

Really? I've grabbed 5-6 of them and they always have crap in them.

That's the regular crate with the red or green smoke. The one I got is gold/yellow smoke. Plus a countdown happens from 12 hours to 10,8,6,4,2. The words are yellow when it pops up too. You can tell it's different than the other crates.

Landed my heli next to a skateboard ramp where a guy was BMXing around the halfpipe. Biked around and jumped the helicopter with him for a while. It's nice when not everyone is an asshole who kills you on sight for no apparent reason. Managed to pull off a sick backflip off the halfpipe. And discovered that rotor blades are solid objects.

Nope. Not until you unlock them, also they disappear if you die or go offline.

I got to keep an autoshotty, somehow. Supposed to unlock at level 37 or some such. Or maybe I just picked it up again from somewhere else.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So I've just been playing the game normally, hopping between co-op missions and races, and last night I made about $40k and gained four levels. You really don't need to boost or farm jobs, the game is fun when you play it properly.

Had some asshole from the BGAF crew chase me down and kill me when I had a paltry 1k bounty on my head and was trying to deliver a car. That guy needs to find a new crew - you come at the Commish then you can go fuck yourself :p

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
lol I was trying to go for a bit of an agent 47 look but as far as I know, there isn't a red tie.

Awkward... XD

I can see 47 in there, too! Honest! It's just... um... OH LOOK! A THREE HEADED MONKEY!

EDIT: That is a good 47, though :)

So I've just been playing the game normally, hopping between co-op missions and races, and last night I made about $40k and gained four levels. You really don't need to boost or farm jobs, the game is fun when you play it properly.

Had some asshole from the BGAF crew chase me down and kill me when I had a paltry 1k bounty on my head and was trying to deliver a car. That guy needs to find a new crew - you come at the Commish then you can go fuck yourself :p

Moonlighting for GAF Street, I desperately sped across the map last night in a desperate attempt to save a fellow Gaffer who had a price on his head. I was a few minutes too late, but tried to help him/her (Straus, was the GT) hunt down the perpertrator. I think it is every Crew Members duty to help his/her fellow gangbangers. Treachery should not be tolerated.

Seep

Where's the survival you guys are talking about?

Also some unknown person put a 9k hit out on me for no reason. And fuck those people who wait outside the car mod shop and then just spray you with bullets, wankers.

For those having trouble getting their missions to fill up with people, you need to start sending friend requests to people and making GTAV friends. They'll get included in the list of people invited. Same for crew members seems like. Expand your sphere.

Timmy00

Awkward... XD

I can see 47 in there, too! Honest! It's just... um... OH LOOK! A THREE HEADED MONKEY!

EDIT: That is a good 47, though :)

xD it's fine. I had a friend call him professor Xavier once. I'm hoping they'll add a red tie with the update coming soon that's suppose to give 300 clothes. and thanks! :)

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
so how is this gang thing supposed to work?
im driving and randomly there is a red circe on the map where a gang hangs out.
I go there and kill them all. when theres only one guy left it says "kill the last gang member". So i do and then?
I only find ammu and maximum 500$ from dead members.
Where are these crates?

Pls someone explain what I am supposed to do, and how, and when...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Where's the survival you guys are talking about?

Also some unknown person put a 9k hit out on me for no reason. And fuck those people who wait outside the car mod shop and then just spray you with bullets, wankers.

There's more than one Mod shop, I never have a problem with this.

Oh, I forgot to share my favourite story of the last few days that had me laughing so far I was nearly sick from coughing (I have a chest infection). Was playing Top Fun, and I've now played it enough to know exactly where I'm going. I was the Hunter and it was just me and one Bike dude left. He was good and I couldn't get a lock on him, so I fly off towards the docks where I know he's going and land/crash my plane on the highway he'll be taking. I have just enough time to land, get out, turn around and pull my pistol out before I see him. Take a second to aim and BLAM, headshot him off the bike. So satisfying, so cruel, so unexpected for him. LOL

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
so how is this gang thing supposed to work?
im driving and randomly there is a red circe on the map where a gang hangs out.
I go there and kill them all. when theres only one guy left it says "kill the last gang member". So i do and then?
I only find ammu and maximum 500$ from dead members.
Where are these crates?

Pls someone explain what I am supposed to do, and how, and when...

You do that, but sometimes there's a crate with better stuff in it in the area. It's not rocket science dude. pls play more

So I tried to put a couple of hours into this last night, I say tried as I quit in frustration after about an hour, i'll explain why.

Tried to connect to Crew member sessions, no sessions found(i'm in the GafStreet Crew) dumped back to single player
Tried to connect to a normal session, no sessions found, again dumped back into single player.
Finally got into a normal session and attempted to join a mission/job, got to the lobby all seemed to be going swimingly and then states that it timed out connecting and i'm once again dumped back into single player.
Decided to create a solo session, managed to complete some missions for Simeon and then the game hard locked on me, at this point I couldn't be bothered to keep trying turned it off and went to bed.

I'm playing on 360 and my character is level 5

is the above about standard at the moment?

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
You do that, but sometimes there's a crate with better stuff in it in the area. It's not rocket science dude. pls play more

sometimes is what i needed.
i did 2 gangs and found nothing, so i thought im doing it wrong.

So i basicaly kill everyone and sometimes there are crates and sometimes not.

J4g3r

I'm pretty frustrated now. Having lost two characters before, I'm level 54 now and I have been having better luck with this game now. (Until last night...)

I joined a friend who was doing the first tutorial deathmatch and noticed afterwards my mechanic wouldn't deliver any of my cars. So I went to check on my garage and all the cars I had in there were gone.

I had:

Ubermacht Sentinal XS - Fully upgraded

Ubermacht Zion Cabrio - Fully upgraded

Pegassi Bati 801 - Fully upgraded

Declasse Sabre Turbo - Fully upgraded

Vapid Sandking XL - Fully upgraded

Benefactor Feltzer - Fully upgraded / with crew paint and emblem too

Annis Elegy RH8 Fully upgraded / with crew paint and emblem too

I'm pretty upset about it because the amount of time I've put into the game to get these vehicles.

I submitted a request to Rockstar Support last night and woke up to it being marked as "answered" with no answer at all.

Absolutely fuming.

Where's my free money code to reimburse my losses, Rockstar!?

Top Bottom