• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Got this stupid mission that really pissed off my friend and I earlier tonight. We must've attempted it 6+ times before we finished it. It was a mission given by Lester where you have to steal evidence off this dude. But the catch is, this dude is situated at the roof of the new office building being built downtown. So you need a helicopter to finish the mission because there's no way up there by foot. Unfortunately there are none to be found at the usual spawn points (LSX, Trevor's airport, the airport in Sandy Shores). Lester doesn't pick up his phone, so you can't have him locate one, too.

The only thing you can do is call Merryweather and have them send you a helicopter pickup/drop off. But the AI for the pilot is retarded and the pilot just ends up taking 5 minutes to land and ten it hovers at the top of the roof not moving where I placed the destination marker, leaving my friend and I stuck. So my friend had this genius plan. We fell out and died. Restarted the mission and called Merryweather again. Only this time, we shot the pilot in the face and comandeered the chopper ourselves.

I then flew us to the tallest tower downtown (The US Bank paradied building) and we sniped a few guys from that roof and then we landed on top of it. He dies because he trips and falls off the building. I carefully clear the roof one by one and retrieve the evidence. Got back to my chopper only to find there's a hostile chopper flying around trying to kill me. I kill one of the gunners in that chopper, but the pilot flanks me and I get hit real bad. Keep in mind you only get one life in this mission. I bolt for my chopper and hightail it to Lesters while being pursued. I make a one in a million instant landing and deliver the evidence to finally finished the mission. Suffice to say, it was one of the most frustrating missions I've ever played but glad I finished it even though payout was shit.

meep!

Neo Member
So many issues playing online today. Worked fine all week. If i'm not getting rockstar cloud servera unailable, or getting kicked out of the game by something else it has also started to sign me out from PSN. Something that never happens lile this before.
In about an hour I had about 12 different disconnects of various types.

J4g3r

Hoo boy, this is rich! You're shit outta luck son, Rockstar doesn't care, you're boned. They'd only reimburse you if you spent real money for the in game cash, and even then maybe not!

GAF really needs sarcasm tags.

zJaJ6Ua.gif

Got this stupid mission that really pissed off my friend and I earlier tonight. We must've attempted it 6+ times before we finished it. It was a mission given by Lester where you have to steal evidence off this dude. But the catch is, this dude is situated at the roof of the new office building being built downtown. So you need a helicopter to finish the mission because there's no way up there by foot. Unfortunately there are none to be found at the usual spawn points (LSX, Trevor's airport, the airport in Sandy Shores). Lester doesn't pick up his phone, so you can't have him locate one, too.

The only thing you can do is call Merryweather and have them send you a helicopter pickup/drop off. But the AI for the pilot is retarded and the pilot just ends up taking 5 minutes to land and ten it hovers at the top of the roof not moving where I placed the destination marker, leaving my friend and I stuck. So my friend had this genius plan. We fell out and died. Restarted the mission and called Merryweather again. Only this time, we shot the pilot in the face and comandeered the chopper ourselves.

I then flew us to the tallest tower downtown (The US Bank paradied building) and we sniped a few guys from that roof and then we landed on top of it. He dies because he trips and falls off the building. I carefully clear the roof one by one and retrieve the evidence. Got back to my chopper only to find there's a hostile chopper flying around trying to kill me. I kill one of the gunners in that chopper, but the pilot flanks me and I get hit real bad. Keep in mind you only get one life in this mission. I bolt for my chopper and hightail it to Lesters while being pursued. I make a one in a million instant landing and deliver the evidence to finally finished the mission. Suffice to say, it was one of the most frustrating missions I've ever played but glad I finished it even though payout was shit.

Death from above? Wow man, this mission is fucking awesome, pure sandbox gameplay. We tried a lot of time, we did a lot of inspection and then we made it after a few attempts, some with helicopter and parachute, some with snipers. SOOOO GOOOD

joy-ride.gif

I submitted a request to Rockstar Support last night and woke up to it being marked as "answered" with no answer at all.

When support answers a question, the answer is in an email that they send to the address you used to sign up to Rockstar Social but not on the Support Site itself.

Death from above? Wow man, this mission is fucking awesome, pure sandbox gameplay. We tried a lot of time, we did a lot of inspection and then we made it after a few attempts, some with helicopter and parachute, some with snipers. SOOOO GOOOD

joy-ride.gif

It was a pretty exciting mission except for the fact that you HAVE to kill the Merryweather pilot to get his chopper. You kind of have to "cheat" the game in a way just to finish it. I can't think of anyway to finish this mission without commandeering a chopper.

It was a pretty exciting mission except for the fact that you HAVE to kill the Merryweather pilot to get his chopper. You kind of have to "cheat" the game in a way just to finish it. I can't think of anyway to finish this mission without commandeering a chopper.

This is not cheating, you call Marryweather and killed the pilot to steal the chopper, this is your plan, perfectly executed.

We do not call anyone, we succeeded without a chopper after two "air attempt" and some disastrous ground blitz

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

That's not cheating, that's lateral thinking.

rCIZZLE

Is there any way to host TDM games and have them fire consistently? I don't like joining since people keep using the default 15 kills which is way too little for how much time you have to wait between matches. When I host I've tried the different invite settings and only manage to get a few people at best.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
This game is pretty much ruined by other players for me. Constantly getting killed for no reason at all, either by people waiting outside my apartment/shops I'm in or by people just driving by and randomly killing me for no reason whatsoever. Whenever I try and claim a bounty, the target straight up leaves, and in the rare instances that they don't and I get to kill them, they'll follow me all game trying to revenge kill me over and over again. Seriously. Revenge kill me once, fine, it's childish, but hey, I can have it, but don't go and waste my time and in-game-money by chasing me around and killing me over and over again, it's pathetic. Whenever I do a race with randoms, they'll just try and crash me all the time, ruining any enjoyment to be had from racing. Either that or the host is a ridiculously high level with a fully modded ride who has set custom rides to 'on'. Very douchy and stupid behaviour all around by most players. I'll just go solo or crew/friends only from now on. Anything to avoid random people.

If only R* made a non-friendly-fire free-roam.

;(

idonteven

i get so many time out message's its not even funny :/ i need to try like 10 times before im able to get into a lobby,and if im not lucky im alone in that server

Kajiba

$7,000 for all that shit you have to do lol.

I'm pretty frustrated now. Having lost two characters before, I'm level 54 now and I have been having better luck with this game now. (Until last night...)

I joined a friend who was doing the first tutorial deathmatch and noticed afterwards my mechanic wouldn't deliver any of my cars. So I went to check on my garage and all the cars I had in there were gone.

I had:

Ubermacht Sentinal XS - Fully upgraded

Ubermacht Zion Cabrio - Fully upgraded

Pegassi Bati 801 - Fully upgraded

Declasse Sabre Turbo - Fully upgraded

Vapid Sandking XL - Fully upgraded

Benefactor Feltzer - Fully upgraded / with crew paint and emblem too

Annis Elegy RH8 Fully upgraded / with crew paint and emblem too

I'm pretty upset about it because the amount of time I've put into the game to get these vehicles.

I submitted a request to Rockstar Support last night and woke up to it being marked as "answered" with no answer at all.

Absolutely fuming.

Where's my free money code to reimburse my losses, Rockstar!?

It really is shitty. I feel for you bro.
After losing all my shit last night, I grinded solo to get enough money for Richards Majestic apt 51. I was already at about $170k, though.

Since I didn't have my cars to fill my garage with, I just went around stealing and storing whatever I could. Not gonna bother upgrading anything or buying anything over 20k. It's just not worth it when they could be gone any second.

First world problems, I know. But my time is money, yo.

Moonlighting for GAF Street, I desperately sped across the map last night in a desperate attempt to save a fellow Gaffer who had a price on his head. I was a few minutes too late, but tried to help him/her (Straus, was the GT) hunt down the perpertrator. I think it is every Crew Members duty to help his/her fellow gangbangers. Treachery should not be tolerated.

LOL Yeah that was me...thanks for the help (I was trying to remember who it was that showed up to help me out). Online is definitely more fun when crew members come together to help each other out.

kev26b

GAF i got it to work! It WAS my network settings.

here's the guide i used.

Ok, So I was one of millions who could not play at all since the patch, got every error in the book! This morning at 5am PST I started the game, pressed X to start online and everything worked, did the first race, drug run and bought clothes with other players. I previously had configured my router and this is what I did, maybe it can help others.
Use the following link to find your router and settings for your console, I did this part as "Single" port forwarding.
http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm
The specific ports for GTA V Online are as follow for PS3, not sure fi they are the same for XBOX:
TCP 80, UDP 88, TCP & UDP (both) 3074, TCP & UDP (both) 53, UDP 3064, TCP & UDP (both) 1795, TCP & UDP (both) 1745.
Make sure you set all of these to active and single out your consoles specific IP. I did these as Port "Range" Forwarding.
I also Activated the "DMZ" for my consoles specific IP.
Last but not least reset your router, if you don't have the option in the admin site than you must do it manually.
Good Luck!

Need invites to grind $$$$. TheFirstPlasmid on xbl

For anybody having trouble connecting, or you are the only one in the lobby. Try this it really does work. I can get in full lobby's now, plus no more timeouts.

Did some grinding on Down The Drain last night ... set it to a one lap race that takes around a minute and nets just under 10k. I find the racing the best way to accumulate money because you're not constantly having to purchase more ammo!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
LOL Yeah that was me...thanks for the help (I was trying to remember who it was that showed up to help me out). Online is definitely more fun when crew members come together to help each other out.

Haha! Hey, man. Sorry it didn't pan out. I have a newborn to look after, hence the inactive parachuting and missing that dude who was trying to whack you. Good fun, though!

Dabanton

Nice. Just saw that stimulus package news.

Means people should be able to get a nice apartment and a car. Two less things to worry about.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Jedeye, any BGAF sessions this weekend? I'm down for whatever.

Nice one R*.

Yeah hopefully. I'll be on most of tonight and tomorrow (mrs willing!), and I just put the word out in the BritGAF thread (which y'all BritGAFers need to be posting in as a matter of national pride).

Hopefully now the servers mostly work folks can get on and play. I've had a fair few games with Ted Wears a Hat. He's a nice dude even though his name is a FUCKING LIE

Alienous

So wait, I don't get my character back but I do get $500,000 GTA bucks ... eventually?

Rockstar, are the characters entirely gone? That's all I want to know, at this point. God dammit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So wait, I don't get my character back but I do get $500,000 GTA bucks ... eventually?

Rockstar, are the characters entirely gone? That's all I want to know, at this point. God dammit.

You would be better off asking this question of them directly :p

When did you lose the char and what rank were you? Sounds to me like you could have made your progress back by this point.

Unless you're one of those crazy shut-in motherfuckers.

LkPr

I just hope that they start releasing some new apartments now that they've basically given every person the best one in the game

Afro

My new ride for now, not every single upgrade, but most including a turbo.

This is my exact car, matte black and everything, except I was saving for the baby moon hub caps to look even more like an unmarked. Sold my PS3 copy, but we should cruise if you're getting the PC version.

How quick is it with the turbo and does it make an audible difference?

Alienous

You would be better off asking this question of them directly :p

When did you lose the char and what rank were you? Sounds to me like you could have made your progress back by this point.

Unless you're one of those crazy shut-in motherfuckers.

If I was a crazy shut-in motherfucker, wouldn't I have gotten my progress back anyway?

I was probably about rank 18 when my character was lost. Of course I could have made it back. But Rockstar didn't put out a statement to the effect of "Hey, your characters are almost definitely gone, we see what we can do but you should probably just make a new one". So, I waited. Of course, by day 3, you realize you would have been better off making a new character, but by that point you are sure they'll get your character back on day 4. Then day 5.

Really all I wanted was my god damned, day two, play a race nobody else has really tried yet world record back.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This is my exact car, matte black and everything, except I was saving for the baby moon hub caps to look even more like an unmarked. Sold my PS3 copy, but we should cruise if you're getting the PC version.

How quick is it with the turbo and does it make an audible difference?

I didn't drive it much before putting the turbo on, but it moved the acceleration up significantly. Can definitely hear the turbo.

Top Bottom