• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Awesome I have lost a fair bit of progress but 500,000 certainly covers me for lost ground

Hopefully rockstar offer large cash incentives for actions every so often

J4g3r

Love it.

k96ju2K.png

Marleyman

Banned
I got my first apartment for $130,000. It is a 6 car garage by Vespucci beach..only thing I don't like about it is that the drapes are closed and there is no way to open them. My friends and I had a blast playing survival; always a good time.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
If I was a crazy shut-in motherfucker, wouldn't I have gotten my progress back anyway?

I was probably about rank 18 when my character was lost. Of course I could have made it back. But Rockstar didn't put out a statement to the effect of "Hey, your characters are almost definitely gone, we see what we can do but you should probably just make a new one". So, I waited. Of course, by day 3, you realize you would have been better off making a new character, but by that point you are sure they'll get your character back on day 4. Then day 5.

Really all I wanted was my god damned, day two, play a race nobody else has really tried yet world record back.

I'm sorry dude, I really do feel your pain. My guy that I lost had THE BEST face, but new guy looks like a junkie.

I think you should just throw caution to the wind and jump in. Your record has probably been beaten by now anyway :p if it even saved it!

MAX PAYMENT

How so? Seeing as I don't allow for other people to join, it's private, right? Then isn't it common sense we should get into a closed session when we're done?

So you were starting a private mission? I misunderstood. I thought you went from a private free roam to a 16 player deathmatch then wondered why it wasn't private any more.

I stand corrected, but this is only one step in the right direction while they've been running in the wrong one since the first patch. I bet they'll either raise the prices of cars/apartments or nerf missions even more. I'd rather they fix the online, with all the connection errors, but I'm sure most people will gladly accept this bribe and forgive Rockstar for the botched launch.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I stand corrected, but this is only one step in the right direction while they've been running in the wrong one since the first patch. I bet they'll either raise the prices of cars/apartments or nerf missions even more. I'd rather they fix the online, with all the connection errors, but I'm sure most people will gladly accept this bribe and forgive Rockstar for the botched launch.

Ban bet?

wtchtm6.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
No, why would I do a ban bet about something trivial? From the words they used, splitting up the payments so as not to imbalance the in-game economy, it seems possible that after the first money injection they may raise prices, to keep the economy balanced.

Fair enough. I don't agree with you. Well, the point about 'nerfing' missions I do. There are some that just aren't worth what they pay out. Then again there are others that deserve a higher payout. I'd like to see some balance there.

Fair enough. I don't agree with you. Well, the point about 'nerfing' missions I do. There are some that just aren't worth what they pay out. Then again there are others that deserve a higher payout. I'd like to see some balance there.

I really do hope they don't end up raising prices, as some things are ridiculous at the moment. I agree that mission payouts just need to be reworked overall. Honestly, I had such high hopes for this game and for the promises Rockstar made, that I'm not really so much angry as I am disappointed. This game is brilliant when crazy situations go down with your buddies, but the hurdles to get to those moments is frequently not worth it. If they do end up fixing most of the issues, and not screwing with the prices, I'll be damn happy.

LkPr

Is this you caring about everyone's future sense of progression in the real estate market?

personal progression ... I don't want the same high-rise apartment as everyone else, I want my own damn island!

or at least an apartment that is on the waters edge, with a garage that I can store boats etc. as well as cars.

Ding-Ding

Still 295 thousand short of my lost car but I'll take it.

Out of interest, how did you lose it.

I have had a modified sandking & vecca deleted. On both occasions, my garage was full when I drove a newly acquired vehicles into los santos customs to have a tracker fitted and insurance. It asked me to select a vehicle to delete and just ignored my choice and deleted them two on both occasions instead.

Only safe way is to drive the new car to your garage to have a tracker fitted. Dump the one you dont want. Then drive new car to customs to get insurance. Either that or always have a space left in your garage

terrible

Banned
personal progression ... I don't want the same high-rise apartment as everyone else, I want my own damn island!

or at least an apartment that is on the waters edge, with a garage that I can store boats etc. as well as cars.

With a helipad and runway? Why stop there!

I had a real good session last night. Was in a public room for about an hour doing some missions and no one bothered me. I love driving past an intense police chase.

Two stories. I'm only a level 16.

- I got a mission from Simeon to get two cars and bring them to him. There were people in the cars and they would take off every time I got near them!!! I was chasing this one guy forever. Finally cut him off a few blocks away and caught him at a stop light. Filled him full of lead. The next guy was allllll the way up north east. I grabbed a crown victoria and headed up there. It got dark out and I started getting on dirt roads. I never felt more like Mike from Breaking Bad. Driving this shady car, in this shady dirt road about to assassinate someone. Such an awesome feeling.

- A green car popped up on the map, I go get it then drive to docks. No icons for Simeon. Crap, I forgot to spray it. So I drive to LS Customs and there is a sick cop chase right outside it, I get caught in cross fire and die. Some guy in my public room takes the car and brings it into LS to get painted. I patiently wait for him outside. He comes out side, fill him full of lead. Cars mine now.

This game.

Ploid 3.0

Out of interest, how did you lose it.

I have had a modified sandking & vecca deleted. On both occasions, my garage was full when I drove a newly acquired vehicles into los santos customs to have a tracker fitted and insurance. It asked me to select a vehicle to delete and just ignored my choice and deleted them two on both occasions instead.

Only safe way is to drive the new car to your garage to have a tracker fitted. Dump the one you dont want. Then drive new car to customs to get insurance. Either that or always have a space left in your garage

They duped my Vecca, I have two, and I bought a Entity FX yesterday. I'm scared I might lose one now.

Dark Theme: thanks for pointing out that official Dark Theme guys.

Ding-Ding

They duped my Vecca, I have two, and I bought a Entity FX yesterday. I'm scared I might lose one now.

Dark Theme: thanks for pointing out that official Dark Theme guys.

They duped one of my cars as well. Just sold it for 25k and there has been no side-effects with the one remaining.

However, you will only be able to dump the duped vecca as it wont allow car sales over 50k.

- A green car popped up on the map, I go get it then drive to docks. No icons for Simeon. Crap, I forgot to spray it. So I drive to LS Customs and there is a sick cop chase right outside it, I get caught in cross fire and die. Some guy in my public room takes the car and brings it into LS to get painted. I patiently wait for him outside. He comes out side, fill him full of lead. Cars mine now.

So when those green icons pop up, everyone can see them?

I only had one come up and I got it, resprayed it, and delivered it without a problem. Thought it only showed up for me.

Marleyman

Banned
I love this game; seriously the most visceral experience I have had online to date. The intensity of racing, TDM and most missions coupled with the insanity that free roam can become makes me salivate for what Rockstar can do as they keep updating things. I have a strong feeling they will be heavily involved w/ updates; can't wait.

Ploid 3.0

They duped one of my cars as well. Just sold it for 25k and there has been no side-effects with the one remaining.

However, you will only be able to dump the duped vecca as it wont allow car sales over 50k.

Yeah :( Different colors though. I'm keeping it around.

So when those green icons pop up, everyone can see them?

I only had one come up and I got it, resprayed it, and delivered it without a problem. Thought it only showed up for me.

You know, I was hauling ass towards it thinking it was going to be a battle trying to get it. I got it and drove it all the way there with no incidents at all. Maybe no one else noticed it was there?

But that random guy did jump in and get it sprayed so he must of been heading to the same place as me.

You know, I was hauling ass towards it thinking it was going to be a battle trying to get it. I got it and drove it all the way there with no incidents at all. Maybe no one else noticed it was there?

But that random guy did jump in and get it sprayed so he must of been heading to the same place as me.

This is what makes me wonder. I would think once you drove it, it would disappear off the map, no? Did you damage the car at all? Only thing I could think of is maybe it was a nice car and he was trying to fix it?

Tawpgun

Thinking I'll use the 500k to buy/upgrade a good car collection. I'd like to have one for every occasion.

Speed, Agility, Transport, Off Road, Motorcycle, Style, etc.

Probably load up on Ammo/weapon upgrades too. I wish Apartments had an armory you could stock up with extra ammo.

Why is it impossible to put bountys on peoples head? Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm level 17 and no matter how many times someone kills me, even if they're above level 10, I never am given the option for bountys. What am I doing wrong? Is my game glitched? Everyone just says call him, but, I dont have an option. I call him and it goes to voice mail.

Everyone in the Free Roam that is high enough level to get Simeon missions can see the Green Car and they see you when you're driving it as well (you show up with as a Red Icon like a Bounty).

Some people are unaware of what it means and still others are wary of ambushes.

Why is it impossible to put bountys on peoples head? Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm level 17 and no matter how many times someone kills me, even if they're above level 10, I never am given the option for bountys. What am I doing wrong? Is my game glitched? Everyone just says call him, but, I dont have an option. I call him and it goes to voice mail.

You have to call Lester to set a Bounty but you have to make sure you've gone to visit Lester in person. If you have an L on your map, you haven't done that yet.

What should I be using my money on?

Right now I'm a level 17 and have $150K.

I was saving up for the cheapest heist room apartment, then was gonna buy a nice car and armor and bullet proof tire it.

Is there anything else I should be saving for?

Is it worth it to use this new money next week to buy a house instead of a heist room apartment?

psn

I just booted up the game and my garage is empty... cars worth at least half a million are gone. Thanks Rockstar.

What should I be using my money on?

Right now I'm a level 17 and have $150K.

I was saving up for the cheapest heist room apartment, then was gonna buy a nice car and armor and bullet proof tire it.

Is there anything else I should be saving for?

Is it worth it to use this new money next week to buy a house instead of a heist room apartment?

You can't own both so it seems like you are better off getting a heist room apartment. If you buy the house first you are basically throwing away money as you only get back half the amount it's worth when you upgrade

Really wish I went overboard with the grinding last week. Now it's just the slowest grind EVER to get new weapons, etc.

When rockstar finally fix the restart button 'issue' grinding will be possible again - although I don't see that being a genuine issue considering they actually patches it out in the first place lol.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Apologies in the likely event that this has been asked a bunch of times before, but will GTA Online players on the Xbone be able to play with people on the 360? I realize they're different platforms, but since they're on the same online service, I wasn't sure.

When rockstar finally fix the restart button 'issue' grinding will be possible again - although I don't see that being a genuine issue considering they actually patches it out in the first place lol.

Sorry, I'm not sure if I follow you correctly... are you saying that Rockstar is going to 'fix' the restart button that they disabled?

OK, another gripe with the Online – Is stealth completely pointless?

In one mission I had to pickup a Lost van. So I park behind the camp and sneak my way in and then one of the gang members I'm almost directly behind turns around once I get close and is all "Get out of here".

The next I had to pick up a car for Simeon, so I circled behind and while sneaking around with a giant wall between me and the car, suddenly 10-15 dots appear telling me I dun goofed.

FFS

Top Bottom