• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Lima

Sorry, I'm not sure if I follow you correctly... are you saying that Rockstar is going to 'fix' the restart button that they disabled?

16MvrrG.jpg

That is what they are saying. I'll believe it when I see it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Apologies in the likely event that this has been asked a bunch of times before, but will GTA Online players on the Xbone be able to play with people on the 360? I realize they're different platforms, but since they're on the same online service, I wasn't sure.

Well it hasn't been announced for any other platforms so we wouldn't officially know if current gen and next gen can play with each other, I would just assume no though unless they say otherwise.

Marleyman

Banned
I was chasing after a bounty who made it to his apartment by the time I got to him. I rung his doorbell for almost 2 minutes and he didn't answer. He knew what I wanted. Being broke and hungry with $97 to my character, I parked outside his place for almost 15 minutes for that little bit of change. He finally stepped out and now I'm moving on up again with $9,097.

image.php

Dunno how I feel about the free money thing. Like, in some ways, I'm happy I can buy the apt I want ... but ... ti also takes away a lot of the incentive for me to play. I was just about at $200,000 to buy my better apartment to plan heists/better missions. And now... well... everybody gets the best apt and garage.

Eh, whatever.

Marleyman

Banned
Dunno how I feel about the free money thing. Like, in some ways, I'm happy I can buy the apt I want ... but ... ti also takes away a lot of the incentive for me to play. I was just about at $200,000 to buy my better apartment to plan heists/better missions. And now... well... everybody gets the best apt and garage.

Eh, whatever.

I feel the same way. I think ammo, maybe access to better clothes or even some RP would be a better offering.

KAOz

Short bus special
Shit that makes me happy in GTA:O:

Having Waypoetic jump on top of a train, get carried away by it, only for me to get a chopper, land it on the train, have him jump in, and then fly away again.

Beautiful.

Also stealing motorcycles by placing them on Poetics trunk on his penisenlargement-mobile, sit there and do donuts, while he drives away with me on it.

louiedog

Really wish I went overboard with the grinding last week. Now it's just the slowest grind EVER to get new weapons, etc.

I tried and was not able to. I could barely connect even when others could. I lost a character and had to start over. I didn't unlock the ability to call Gerald until a couple of days ago and he didn't give me a mission past Pier Pressure until last night when it no longer mattered anyway.

Eh, whatever.

I said it on a previous page but I really wouldn't be surprised if our settlement checks came at the same time that they also unlock much more expensive homes in the millions to give us something to keep working toward.

Astery

If anyone else is interested in farming money and looking for people feel free to add me on psn- Astery. Auto invite is doing nothing for me even for the best farming jobs I can get. :/ I'm lv40 atm.

Arcteryx

Found my first armored van...but I didn't have sticky bombs atm. Went to buy some but when I drove back to the van it de-spawned as I approached. Seems like it's only visible for a short period of time...

breakfuss

In case any one missed Rockstar's comment on it:

For those asking about their lost characters or rank, those will not be able to be restored so we sincerely hope that this cash stimulus we’re giving out this month will help you get back on your feet

Eh, whatever.

Funny how that works, eh? I feel the same way. Now that so many will be on the same playing field in regard to $$ and apartments, it makes it feel less...*something*. But, why should it bother me, lol? This game really is the ultimate social experiment.

louiedog

If anyone else is interested in farming money and looking for people feel free to add me on psn- Astery. Auto invite is doing nothing for me even for the best farming jobs I can get. :/ I'm lv40 atm.

I'm about to hop on. RavenousLou on PSN. I can't do voice chat at the moment unfortunately.

Ding-Ding

Well that's the biggest crock of shit I've read.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

They would have managed to stop the farming of violent duct just by reducing payment alone. When you consider they couldn't even get a retry to connect to servers to work, without deleting peoples characters. Its not exactly far removed to have a bug associated with a retry mission function.

I would bet its been disabled on purpose to stop a bug as it wouldn't make much sense to do it just to slow people down with loading screens. They need to get the cloud servers to sync correctly first and worry about the nicer functions later.

Anyway, i'm off in a bit to farm base invaders. A great mission for 25k that is possible to complete solo, without firing a single bullet

Alienous

Eh, whatever.

Cash farmers already fucked that up.

Funny how that works, eh? I feel the same way. Now that so many will be on the same playing field in regard to $$ and apartments, it makes it feel less...*something*. But, why should it bother me, lol? This game really is the ultimate social experiment.

Doesn't really bother me in the slightest. It would've taken me forever to get to $500k, as I just don't have the time to play that others do. Now I can afford a sweet apartment with money left to spend on weapons and cars.

And honestly, since GTA Cash Cards are a thing, how can anyone be all that upset about this? Yes, you may have replayed Violent Duct a hundred times to get your cash, but others would have always been able to do the same thing by simply converting real money into GTA cash.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
OK, another gripe with the Online – Is stealth completely pointless?

In one mission I had to pickup a Lost van. So I park behind the camp and sneak my way in and then one of the gang members I'm almost directly behind turns around once I get close and is all "Get out of here".

The next I had to pick up a car for Simeon, so I circled behind and while sneaking around with a giant wall between me and the car, suddenly 10-15 dots appear telling me I dun goofed.

FFS

I have no idea really BUT isn't there a stealth stat on your character? Right now it looks like most people are very low level which could be why your stealths are failing. I don't know how to up it though, maybe just walk around in stealth mode?

GQman2121

Banned
Los Santos Connection is a great mission and got me paid last night. Made new friends and was able to purchase my apartment in the process too.

Hell yeah I'll take the money. That should get the cars I wanted. If I have enough by then maybe it will be enough to a helicopter.

I will say, that since it doesn't look like any in game property has a landing pad, dock or air strip I'm still not sure how I store these vehicles.

I bought a boat last week. I called pegasis to get it 'delivered' but not I can't find it and Pegasys doesn't answer. I want to be able to just walk out of the house and get in a copter or boat.

dreamfall

That's good of them on getting that free money!

I just hope that they increase mission payout also in time. Still loving it, level 50 something.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Hell yeah I'll take the money. That should get the cars I wanted. If I have enough by then maybe it will be enough to a helicopter.

I will say, that since it doesn't look like any in game property has a landing pad, dock or air strip I'm still not sure how I store these vehicles.

I bought a boat last week. I called pegasis to get it 'delivered' but not I can't find it and Pegasys doesn't answer. I want to be able to just walk out of the house and get in a copter or boat.

I think you have to call them every time to get things delivered. Might be wrong.

I wonder how much the player population will decline due to the next-gen consoles.

Considering GTAV won't be on next gen consoles (yet), I don't see how it could be a big factor. It's really no different than asking how the GTA Online player base will be affected due to upcoming AAA releases like CoD, Battlefield, AC4, etc. on existing consoles.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Have you called them while near a body of water. Seems like they wouldn't drop off a boat in the middle of the street.

Note I do not yet have a boat.

I have no idea really BUT isn't there a stealth stat on your character? Right now it looks like most people are very low level which could be why your stealths are failing. I don't know how to up it though, maybe just walk around in stealth mode?
I got an increase while stealthing so yeah.

I could see that in my first example since I was out in the open, but with a wall between us those gang members wouldn't have known I was there even if I wasn't being stealthy.

Gaz_RB

That's good of them on getting that free money!

I just hope that they increase mission payout also in time. Still loving it, level 50 something.

Same here- 50+ and I'm still loving the hell out of it.

We need to have another GAF racing extravaganza this weekend!

Want to know this too.

I want to say yes. I was heading to a mission with a couple people and we had to to go up Mount Chilliad. I noticed that my Mesa with off-road tires was performing way better than everyone else's normal cars. I noticed that I seemed to spin out less and could accelerate a lot easier going up hills. In fact, everyone ended up crashing their cars so I just picked them all up haha

Anecdotal, but it's what I've noticed.

Enjay

Banned
Actually got to play GTA Online at a friend's house today. Made me regret trading my copy in. Not enough to give Rockstar more money, but yeah it seemed kind of fun.

w2000

Im about to go online too and I'll add you as well. PSN - w2000

Haines

Banned
Actually got to play GTA Online at a friend's house today. Made me regret trading my copy in. Not enough to give Rockstar more money, but yeah it seemed kind of fun.

Why in gods name would you trade a game like GTAV in? It has so much replayability!

I just read about the free money.

WHAT THE HELL. I dont want your stupid free money. Rockstar cant be this out of touch with game play? In any game like this its the first money earned/stuff bought that is usually the most rewarding and they want to cut that right out of the game?

EW

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Why in gods name would you trade a game like GTAV in? It has so much replayability!

Lot's of people jumped after SP. IIRC Amazon was offering 55 bucks.

I agree with you though. The game has near infinite replay value and is one of the cornerstone features of the franchise.

Imm0rt4l

I for one hope the title update has some new expensive shit to buy. I like GTA onlines Economy. Money doesn't come that easily now.

Top Bottom