• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The Elegy also comes in compact:

0_0.jpg

mack999

Banned
Love the odds betting pre game in job/race lobbies. I wonder how they work it all out.

Someone can be odds on favourite and the outsider could be 33/1! They are like real world odds. And the odds change as bets are being placed. You can view their win/loss records too. Better than just staring at a countdown timer.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

0_0.jpg

u6tgd8o.gif

Love the odds betting pre game in job/race lobbies. I wonder how they work it all out.

Someone can be odds on favourite and the outsider could be 33/1! They are like real world odds. And the odds change as bets are being placed. You can view their win/loss records too. Better than just staring at a countdown timer.

Just once I want to exploit the fuck out of this in a crew race. Have the underdog bet it all on a race and then let him/her win big.

0_0.jpg

Lol, that's nuts. Can you still drive it like that?

Nice of Rockstar to give away a bunch of money. I guess I'm getting a nice apartment sooner than I planned. Just have the 25k garage right now. Might have to get a nice car too for some custom car GAF races. I've been loving the crew races we've been having almost every night for the past week.

Dunno how I feel about the free money thing. Like, in some ways, I'm happy I can buy the apt I want ... but ... ti also takes away a lot of the incentive for me to play. I was just about at $200,000 to buy my better apartment to plan heists/better missions. And now... well... everybody gets the best apt and garage.

Eh, whatever.

Understandable but they did say that it was only this month. So when the second wave of players hits over the holidays they'll all be homeless and broke and you'll see that socio-economic divide again and we can laugh at the peasants.

Plus I think it's a good idea to give people a leg up on buying apartments right before launching the heists so they can get more people playing them and finding bugs to fix.

louiedog

just usual server freaking out I guess :p

I'm now no longer able to connect to other players either.

That last mission was fun. I spawned in on the opposite side of the witness from you. I could tell from the map that you were lying in wait so I slowly followed their car from a distance with the intention of swooping in and giving you a quick getaway after you got the picture. Obviously things didn't quite go as planned but worked out okay anyway.

And my server issues could be worse. I spawned into a free roam where there was a high value import/export in play. Within about 15 seconds every player dropped from the session, including the driver, but the vehicle was still on the map. I found it literally half-way in Simeon's garage and I just had to nudge it forward a little to collect.

duckroll

Wow, the new players over the holidays are going to get abused so much.

I doubt that'll be the case. Keep in mind they'll be adding more content by then as well. It's also unlikely that every single new player (or even most I would say) are players who don't know anyone else who is playing GTA Online, so like in all MMOs, they'll have people who can carry them by hosting missions and heists which are meant to be available later on.

Imm0rt4l

Was looking for a baller to sell and a car with 2 guys rolled up on me and ran me down and shot me twice. They tried a third time while I was driving and I said fuck it. Threw a sticky bomb at their car. I didn't even get penalized so I'm guessing it wasn't a personal vehicle.

TheJLC

Was looking for a baller to sell and a car with 2 guys rolled up on me and ran me down and shot me twice. They tried a third time while I was driving and I said fuck it. Threw a sticky bomb at their car. I didn't even get penalized so I'm guessing it wasn't a personal vehicle.

A group tried that on me yesterday, I managed to survive two attempts until the third they killed me when I didn't notice they were near ammunition. So, I spawned, went to the top of ammunition and as they drove toward me I pulled out the mini gun I had from a Survival and blew them up. They said something about having a mini gun is unfair and all 3 rage quit.

Chipotle

Last night there was a guy on who started shooting at me whilst I was driving to the shop. He chased me halfway across the city and eventually killed me. I spawned near the heliport thing and got into a helicopter and saw him so followed him round for a bit. He found another player and started attacking him so I decided to do the honourable thing and stand up to bullying. He was ramming and shooting the poor guy and I pursued them smashing my helicopter down on the guy whenever I got chance, missing him about half the time. The bad guy finally rammed the other guy off the road and with them stationary I took my chance for a final, suicidal attack. I got some height and zoomed down, finally about to do justice. I landed in a ball of flames right between the two of them doing exactly fuck all damage. As the screen went to slow motion my enemy was starting to drive off, I assume he'd just finished off another victim.

Wow, the new players over the holidays are going to get abused so much.

Eh, when people are in cars, as they are in the majority of conflicts, the only possible disparity is what weapon they own. If the player is less than Level 5, he's rockin' either the regular Pistol or the .50 Pistol if he's a SE/CE owner. But when you get to Level 5, everyone can get the Micro SMG, which levels the playing field.

Sure, there are plenty of other advantages to being a higher level or having more money, but I don't think any of them are nearly as significant as the difference between a Pistol and a Micro SMG while driving.

Trike

Even if it was you won't get in trouble for doing it once. Twice I've done it since people were trying to murder me for no reason, and they just happened to in their personal vehicle. Not that losing your personal vehicle is much of a punishment, the price isn't very steep.

Yeah, it drove pretty decent. Tires weren't locked up or anything.
Tires don't get locked up in Online (thankfully).
I've gotten stuck between a moving train and the guardrail and my truck pretty much looked like the Batmobile in Batman Forever... but the tires were fine lol

Bread

Banned
Someone gunned me down after I finished 10 rounds of Survival, I was worried they would take the 20 grand but I only lost a g from dying. I didn't even have a chance to deposit the cash before dying, thank god I didn't lose that money.

Guns, gun mods, ammo, clothes, vehicles, vehicle mods, betting, bounties, etc... Also, might not be a bad idea to keep a good chunk of it saved in case a new content update requires a lot of money.

I'm happy to spend money on GTA $ so this free 500k makes me happy because I can get my apartment and when new places get released I can upgrade straight away.

dreamfall

Same here- 50+ and I'm still loving the hell out of it.

We need to have another GAF racing extravaganza this weekend!

Amen to this!

I think I've had a lot if fun just running with other GFST homies! Epic races, some great farming, some rad tennis... You name it. I like getting completely lost in the map- it was hard to transition from Single Player (which I'll spend a ton of time trying to get 100% over the years!) but I really enjoy just wandering about with my girl.

duckroll

how do i mute people. can't stand listening to 12 year olds echo.

Hold Select until your Interaction Menu pops up. Scroll down to "Chat" and switch it to Off, or Friends, or Crew, or Friends/Crew.

I don't think there's a way to mute individuals. Rockstar menus are awful.

Can you explain what the numbers are in front of my name before the match starts? Sometimes it'll say something like... -250, but then other times like 3300+ Is that the odds system?

I have no idea what any of it means.

Understandable but they did say that it was only this month. So when the second wave of players hits over the holidays they'll all be homeless and broke and you'll see that socio-economic divide again and we can laugh at the peasants.

Plus I think it's a good idea to give people a leg up on buying apartments right before launching the heists so they can get more people playing them and finding bugs to fix.

Yeah good point.

Having a horrible time with in-game chat, I'm really sticking to Skype on my PC while playing it now.

Last night was a riot though. Some dude tried to side swipe me off my bike, so I shot him in the face, pulled his body out of his car, took his car, and ran over him when he respawned.

Karma, bitch.

Reule

Hold Select until your Interaction Menu pops up. Scroll down to "Chat" and switch it to Off, or Friends, or Crew, or Friends/Crew.

I don't think there's a way to mute individuals. Rockstar menus are awful.
There is a way. Press Start then go to the Online tab. From there you go to Players then you can select an individual and toggle mute.

Gaz_RB

Amen to this!

I think I've had a lot if fun just running with other GFST homies! Epic races, some great farming, some rad tennis... You name it. I like getting completely lost in the map- it was hard to transition from Single Player (which I'll spend a ton of time trying to get 100% over the years!) but I really enjoy just wandering about with my girl.

Yeah using your own character to explore Los Santos is something else. Creating your own story is awesome. Like for street races I usually dress differently than when I'm doing assault missions just for that extra immersion haha

Yeah using your own character to explore Los Santos is something else. Creating your own story is awesome. Like for street races I usually dress differently than when I'm doing assault missions just for that extra immersion haha

But what do you wear for GTA (weapon active) Races?

Do I need to create a new character to get the free money?

Right now my character is still missing, and I only have the money stats (bank) in Social Club.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Man just been having so much fun tonight. Picked up a Fusilade as my new ride and spent $100k pimping it out, damn I love this car! Then had a mad time on a police chase with some britgaffers before we stole a cargo plane and then blew up trying to impress/scare other drivers. Then joined a mission with some other BritGAF crew and played a great mission where we had to steal a plane and fly it to Trevor's airfield and kill the resistance. Partly due to me fucking around at the start with a kamikaze run, we had no extra lives and there were just two of us leftmost finish the mission. My partner flew over the airstrip and I jumped out of the plane, trying to stealth my way to the enemies with barely any health or ammo. I proceed to fuck them up while my partner flies loops waiting for the coast to clear. He lands, we net a shitload of money (think it was 9k). Then did some survival as well, that shit is hard.

Awesome times when you're playing with a small group of guys, the feel of driving 4 miles down the coast with other players all just cruising along, weaving in and out of traffic, not racing exactly but all shifting around, just having a bit of fun on the way to somewhere... It's incredible, it's the new feeling that no other game has ever given me. It just feels so cool.

I was also thinking why I like online so much, and I think it's because usually in GTAs, once you're done then you're left just antagonizing the police to get a chase going. But now online, you're not doing much else than fights and races and police chases, but now they have a context and a point to it. I love a good car chase in GTA, it's unlike any other game, the police are so well balanced to be a real challenge while also being beatable and entertaining to fight. I still think the damage model in 5 is too unforgiving in gunfights, I wish they would make you like 25% less killable, but I just love the core gameplay loop of GTA and the online lets me just keep on going.

Top Bottom