• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Reule

I've been doing Out of Court Settlement every chance I get till something better shows up. I think I'm up to 290K last time I checked. Going on a crazy shopping spree once that apology paper comes in.

Oh nice. Good to know. Once again, internet > Rockstar documentation.
Haha, seriously. Least we know how to race in a car and rob a store though!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Hold Select until your Interaction Menu pops up. Scroll down to "Chat" and switch it to Off, or Friends, or Crew, or Friends/Crew.

I don't think there's a way to mute individuals. Rockstar menus are awful.

I have the no one setting on, and sometimes it still goes through. It also doesn't apply to matches you join, apparently.

mack999

Banned
Can you explain what the numbers are in front of my name before the match starts? Sometimes it'll say something like... -250, but then other times like 3300+ Is that the odds system?

I have no idea what any of it means.

That will be the odds but it looks like it's using the American Moneyline system for you. Press Start then go to options on the online tab. You have the choice of Decimal, Fractions or Moneyline.

I think Moneyline is the profit you get for a $100 bet. If it's negative then it's how much you need to bet to win $100. Very confusing. I just use fraction betting. I know what 2/1 means. I win 2 for every 1 bet plus my 1 back.

Arcteryx

lol that cargobob mission is SOOOOOO buggy.

"Mission failed, you destroyed a Lazer"...uh yea that was a mission objective.

"Mission failed, you destroyed the Cargobob"...uh nope, we're flying it home...wtf.

Future

lol that cargobob mission is SOOOOOO buggy.

"Mission failed, you destroyed a Lazer"...uh yea that was a mission objective.

"Mission failed, you destroyed the Cargobob"...uh nope, we're flying it home...wtf.

I've seen that in other missions. Told to blow up gangsta cars. Blow it up: mission failed you blew up a car. I think it just displays a wrong message but who knows

louiedog

I used to enjoy GTA Race on GTA IV so much; no so much here.

High lap GTA races on that short loop around the Liberty City version of Times Square were so much fun. Inevitably about half of the racers would give up at some point and start moving buses around, shoot out tires, and do whatever to make it a crazy and chaotic scene. I miss that a lot.

torontoml

So what level do I have to get to, so that I can call Lester, Martin, and Ron for missions? They are in my contacts but the request a mission is locked out.

Chipotle

Asked before but it got lost: how do I get in cars as a passenger or hang off the side? I keep accidentally hauling team mates out of cars if I don't get there quick enough to be the driver.

What's the deal with body armor? I bought some for a mission and ever since I always have some on every time I spawn. Does it charge you every time you die? Is it purely cosmetic?

Gaz_RB

What's the deal with body armor? I bought some for a mission and ever since I always have some on every time I spawn. Does it charge you every time you die? Is it purely cosmetic?

So if you buy it, I think it shows up on you, and adds to your blue bar. Once the blue bar is depleted, the armor stays on the character, purely cosmetically. You can change the armor shown under inventory in the interaction menu.

You can toggle the visuals off in the select/back button menu, but it seems to show back up every time you buy armor again.

Arcteryx

Seems impossible to find any games lately(hosted or joined). I think everyone went to assisted-aim or something because all the jobs prompt me to switch from free aim.

Vlodril

This game has serious connection problems. I ve been playing it for 2 -3 days with my friend and apart from the whole "hey i heard you are in a crew let me put you in different servers when the mission is done" thing most missions or races are empty. Cant find people to play with and i am assuming at least that the game is packed at the moment with people. Most we have done is 6 and most of the gaf on some races.

Also wanted to ask how do you complete hay bronco? i ve done it 5-6 times and everytime me and the randoms i play get creamed in the destroy vehicles phase with enemies respawning from all over the place.

So if you buy it, I think it shows up on you, and adds to your blue bar. Once the blue bar is depleted, the armor stays on the character, purely cosmetically. You can change the armor shown under inventory in the interaction menu.

Cosmetic, you can remove it while in the select menu.

You can toggle the visuals off in the select/back button menu, but it seems to show back up every time you buy armor again.

Thanks. I'll try to pay closer attention later tonight.

Special crate time. I sill use all of my resources to murder and secure the package.

Reminds me of a few nights ago when I went all out to kill this random dude who had a $9000 bounty on his head. I got killed by some other assholes a bunch of times in the process, and used up a shit load of ammo and ended up only breaking even when I finally killed the guy, lol.

Still fun though.

Car got impounded, so I go to steal it back...nope.
0_0.jpg

SnakeEyes

Banned
Horray for the stimulus package! Now the big question is, do I spend all the money on vehicle and weapon upgrades/mods or do I buy a Cheetah?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Does anyone know if you can be in multiple crews at once?
Yes you can, but you can only show as being part of one crew at a time. You can change what crew you're showing as affiliating with through the MP menu in-game. This will also affect things like gaining bonus RP for playing with crew members.

Just got on Yahoo (I need to check stocks for some stupid Stock Market Game in my financial literacy class, :p) and saw this on the homepage.

Rockstar apologizes to GTA Online players with $500,000 of in-game cash

Is this true and sweet god this is great. I can buy myself my super car now! :D

Ploid 3.0

Getting these race wins to update my car is going to be such a pain with no one doing races for super cars. I suppose I don't need the engine upgrades though. Finding races just seem to be such a mixed bag. Everything is catch up and people like to ram into you.

waypoetic

Banned
Getting these race wins to update my car is going to be such a pain with no one doing races for super cars. I suppose I don't need the engine upgrades though. Finding races just seem to be such a mixed bag. Everything is catch up and people like to ram into you.

My car is a truck. I think you and i are kind of in the same boat..

Arcteryx

Yea the races are a real mixed bag. Occasionally I'll find a good lobby with clean racers who want to do a number of races, but mostly it's just people ramming and then quitting after the race.

I'm down to clean race/trade wins on PS3 if anyone wants to(don't care the car class really).

What happens if you have more than one car impounded at the same time? Obviously they can't fit all ten of your vehicles in the impound lot since it's shared with everyone else in the session so does it only have your latest impounded vehicle to steal back? And then if you go into another session another would appear?

Top Bottom