• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Clockwork5

I feel like the cars are a little sensitive to getting spun-out compared to "purer" racing games. (especially the super cars)

so I have a new racing strategy: When a car approaching from behind is vigorously attempting to spin you out; instead of trying to out run / out maneuver them, simply lay off the gas, let them pass a bit and spin them out. It works every time.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I feel like the cars are a little sensitive to getting spun-out compared to "purer" racing games. (especially the super cars)

so I have a new racing strategy: When a car approaching from behind is vigorously attempting to spin you out; instead of trying to out run / out maneuver them, simply lay off the gas, let them pass a bit and spin them out. It works every time.

I had some guy that tried to slam his brakes while I was drafting. I just went around him and won the race, lol.

Ploid 3.0

I'm too nice, I don't want to spin people out so I end up not racing aggressively because of it. Cars do spin out too easily.

Races needing to hit a bubble is bad because of it. It shouldn't need to hit that bubble, it forces people to smother each other, and spin each other out. I hate having to go back because I went on the other side of a division to give someone space and the bubble ended up on the other side. It encourages physical fights.

Kssio_Aug

I was certain that R* would solve server and connection problems soon. But the biggest problem in my opinion (that really affects the the fun of it) is the loss of deposited bank money in free-roam.

Rockstar should put an end to this penalty, and I believe the game would be lot more fun to play. Actually, what I can see now is players avoiding encounters with each other fearing to be killed even in passive mode (by an explosion or a car).

Also, its just very frustrating to put so much effort at races and missions, and when you want to have fun free-roaming you cant die by accident or enter in a conflict with someone, without feeling frustrated to lose that effort in no time.

louiedog

I've won a couple of races just by starting in first and avoiding a huge pile up at the beginning with people trying to spin each other out.

Arcteryx

I'm too nice, I don't want to spin people out so I end up not racing aggressively because of it. Cars do spin out too easily.

Races needing to hit a bubble is bad because of it. It shouldn't need to hit that bubble, it forces people to smother each other, and spin each other out. I hate having to go back because I went on the other side of a division to give someone space and the bubble ended up on the other side. It encourages physical fights.

Yea the checkpoint system blows. They need to make it a horizontal bar instead of a circle, because the optimal racing lines don't match up with the circle(you often just barely catch the edge of it).

The worst is the air races where everyone tries to fit inside and they all blow up.

Spazznid

So apparently, a lot of people don't have access to the Helmets section in Hats. I'm one of them... FML.

for us, there's nothing below Ear Shields, at all.

Kssio_Aug

I have literally heard no one else make this complaint. Like, no one. Are you certain it's just disappearing?

I hope youre not trolling me, but yeah, lots of people are complaining about it.
But if you have not realised it yet, when you die while in free-roam just pause the game and verify the deposited money quantity. The game do not show in red the loss, like it does in single-player, but you lose it... 2k for "Medical Bills".

Arcteryx

hahaha oh man

Ride The Wall(Tunnel Vision) is THE best motorcycle race in this game. Zooming through the subway tunnels on dirt bikes and riding the walls!

breakfuss

Can't tell if sarcasm

I hope youre not trolling me, but yeah, lots of people are complaining about it.
But if you have not realised it yet, when you die while in free-roam just pause the game and verify the deposited money quantity. The game do not show in red the loss, like it does in single-player, but you lose it... 2k for "Medical Bills".

No, I really wasn't being sarcastic and I follow this thread pretty closely. I thought you meant money that was just mysteriously disappearing from your account. I completely agree the 2k penalty is shitty, but i assumed this was deliberate on their part and not a bug.

Oh great, they raised the level requirements on weapons...

Also the Fighter Jet race through Los Santos' downtown is fantastic, definitely vote for it whenever it comes up.

Kssio_Aug

No, I really wasn't being sarcastic and I follow this thread pretty closely. I thought you meant money that was just mysteriously disappearing from your account. I completely agree the 2k penalty is shitty, but i assumed this was deliberate on their part and not a bug.

Actually I dont think its a bug neither... thats what concerns me. =(
But at R* support lots of people complain about it every day... hope they attend to the players opinions and cut it off.

@The Albatross
Thats exactly it. I may have not expressed very well.

Arcteryx

Buying some clothes in Posonbys, suddenly someone walks in and starts shooting me...can't bring out a gun because I'm inside...sigh.

28465-jerry-seinfeld-gxsd0.gif

Hey Rockstar, why don't you fix important shit like this instead of nerfing monetary returns/repeatable missions?

Buying some clothes in Posonbys, suddenly someone walks in and starts shooting me...can't bring out a gun because I'm inside...sigh.

Hey Rockstar, why don't you fix important shit like this instead of nerfing monetary returns/repeatable missions?

I had someone rush into an ammunation while I was inside and shoot the guy behind the counter. Maybe if you start firing as you enter stores, you can keep shooting while inside or something.

I think he means with deaths. The death tax / penalty is way too high. $2,000 it discourages so much in the game. It's not a bug, but it should be tuned.

Yeah, dicking around would be much more fun. You wouldn't have people avoiding one another the way they do if there was no penalty for dying.

shield

Yep, I was browsing Suburban when a sneaky bastard managed to shoot the sales assistant, which shut the shop down and allowed him to come in and headshot me...

Arcteryx

I had someone rush into an ammunation while I was inside and shoot the guy behind the counter. Maybe if you start firing as you enter stores, you can keep shooting while inside or something.

Yea if you enter and then back out facing the inside you can bring up your gunwheel. It shouldn't work period inside a store.

Oh well. I left negative feedback and shot out their tires.

Also, I know I've asked this before and I apologize, but does anyone know how to fix the error message "Online service is disabled on this account" whenever I try and upload pictures from snapmatic? It worked fine in singleplayer before online launched but ever since the first I can't upload pictures of online or singleplayer.

Dabanton

Just had some hilarious 16 player races. Managed to bet on the eventual winner while also coming second. Nice little top up for me.

Seeing the pileup at the start was hilarious one of the Adders went flying into the air I think racing with traffic on makes things a lot more risk and reward.

suddenly in this context means? Because it's not like he appeared from a wormhole right?

I regularly check the minimap when i'm in stores and so on. Not gonna say it's your fault, but I wouldn't be caught in that position (although I discovered in a harsh way that they can shoot you through the windows)

What happens if you have more than one car impounded at the same time? Obviously they can't fit all ten of your vehicles in the impound lot since it's shared with everyone else in the session so does it only have your latest impounded vehicle to steal back? And then if you go into another session another would appear?

Late answer but you can only have one car out at a time so if you bring out one car while another is impounded, the impounded one gets destroyed. You can then file an insurance claim on it. A lot of the time I actually just have my mechanic bring me a different car while one is impounded so I can immediately file a claim and have it sent to my garage.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Yeah, dicking around would be much more fun. You wouldn't have people avoiding one another the way they do if there was no penalty for dying.

I usually just play in a closed friends session with my brother when I play, and this is one of the reasons why. But what Rockstar should do is make the person who killed you lose the $2,000, unless you started it. This would discourage people from running around killing people at random, while also removing the disincentive from playing with strangers.

You just need to stand in the doorway with weapon selected, you can get the door to open without walking in properly and then start blasting people.

Arcteryx

suddenly in this context means? Because it's not like he appeared from a wormhole right?

I regularly check the minimap when i'm in stores and so on. Not gonna say it's your fault, but I wouldn't be caught in that position (although I discovered in a harsh way that they can shoot you through the windows)

He was a high enough level to have Lester hide him on the map. I didn't realize the SP glitch worked in MP too; I could swear it auto-holstered no matter what, but I guess not. I've been shot many times through the doors, but this was a first.

Kssio_Aug

I usually just play in a closed friends session with my brother when I play, and this is one of the reasons why. But what Rockstar should do is make the person who killed you lose the $2,000, unless you started it. This would discourage people from running around killing people at random, while also removing the disincentive from playing with strangers.

Or, they could just adjust this penalty for those who kills someone in Passive Mode!
I mean... if you are not in passive mode, than we can presume you are open to conflicts... but in passive mode you're not. That way, smashing, or exploding a passive player could generate this (or even a more expensive) penalty.

This would adjust lots of things at the same time, once trolls would think twice before troll with passive players, it would encourage A LOT more the palyers encounters, passive players would feel a lot safers, and general players would be satisfied to not lose money by accident or when attacked!

Defyler

How do you get new missions from your phone contacts? I'm lvl 30 and still haven't gotten "Titan of a job." Do you continually have to clear all his missions before you get new ones?

Acorn

How do you get new missions from your phone contacts? I'm lvl 30 and still haven't gotten "Titan of a job." Do you continually have to clear all his missions before you get new ones?
Call them and they will text you. They'll sometimes send missions without you asking too.

You can even go for a quick mission on the phone if you don't like the ones offered.

Defyler

Call them and they will text you. They'll sometimes send missions without you asking too.

You can even go for a quick mission on the phone if you don't like the ones offered.

I realize the quick mission through the phone. Also I know you can call them for missions.

I've been calling though and they've been the same missions I've been doing since lvl 15 and I'm at 30 now.

Grinchy

Banned
So, what is the point of using passive mode? Does it only protect you from being shot while on foot while letting you die in every other possible way?

I always turn catchup off when I host, can't stand it.

Too bad nobody else does. I love the improved handling of the cars, and the motorcycles especially, but catchup has ruined races for me. I try hosting matches so I can turn it off, but no one ever joins. And since we're on the topic of races, I'm not the biggest fan of the slip streaming in this game either, mainly because it makes pulling away from all of the rear ending and the crashes so much harder. I can probably live with it, but I feel like all it's done is help make races that much dirtier.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad nobody else does. I love the improved handling of the cars, and the motorcycles especially, but catchup has ruined races for me. I try hosting matches so I can turn it off, but no one ever joins. And since we're on the topic of races, I'm not the biggest fan of the slip streaming in this game either, mainly because it makes pulling away from all of the rear ending and the crashes so much harder. I can probably live with it, but I feel like all it's done is help make races that much dirtier.

Agree about the catch up, but frankly I play races in GTA to play races in GTA. It should be dirty, gawdam it :) Plenty of other games cater for the serious racer fans, few allow you to end up with blood on your bumper.

...I never win races, of course.

Top Bottom