• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I'm too nice, I don't want to spin people out so I end up not racing aggressively because of it. Cars do spin out too easily.

Races needing to hit a bubble is bad because of it. It shouldn't need to hit that bubble, it forces people to smother each other, and spin each other out. I hate having to go back because I went on the other side of a division to give someone space and the bubble ended up on the other side. It encourages physical fights.

I think I'm repeating myself but yeah I try not to race dirty either but once others are and getting me involved I say "fuck it". I also am very cautious cornering mainly because of the damn checkpoints, I've lost more races from missing checkpoints than anything. I've had people knock me out of the way of them, I've missed them because I took a corner too well and hell you can't even drive on the same road if you're not going through it. I've brought this up a lot be they definitely need to be changed.

bryanee

I love this online but fuck me it bugs me to no end when you lose 1000's in cash because you're dicking about with mates and you keep dying. Why Rockstar included this gameplay element is beyond me.

I just want to have a laugh doing crazy shit without losing a load of cash.

Ploid 3.0

I was in a attack chopper and a jet was circling me. So I locked on him with my missile launcher and killed him. He later got revenge and we became mortal enemies. I felt vulnerable in my chopper vs his jet. I took the preemptive strike because I knew I wouldn't have a chance to fire back at him if he positioned himself well (which it seemed like he was trying to do.

He got a air to ground attack on me while I was browsing the internet on a truck. I laughed at it, totally shocked me.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I was just in a race using the Adder. Going full speed towards an intersection, and T-boned a car in traffic. It slid into a building and exploded. It was awesome.

Gaz_RB

I think I'm repeating myself but yeah I try not to race dirty either but once others are and getting me involved I say "fuck it". I also am very cautious cornering mainly because of the damn checkpoints, I've lost more races from missing checkpoints than anything. I've had people knock me out of the way of them, I've missed them because I took a corner too well and hell you can't even drive on the same road if you're not going through it. I've brought this up a lot be they definitely need to be changed.

I agree that checkpoints should be widened.

Doesn't make sense.

He was a high enough level to have Lester hide him on the map. I didn't realize the SP glitch worked in MP too; I could swear it auto-holstered no matter what, but I guess not. I've been shot many times through the doors, but this was a first.

Slow down, it's not a glitch. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to rob stores like Ponsonbys by shooting at the register (which you need to do, because the employee just cowers behind the counter and won't empty the register for you). ;)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
About to test the airstrike out. Feel bad for the random person I'll choose.

Edit: It was disappointing. Not worth $12,500, really. Have to throw a flare down and if the person knows it's coming they have plenty of time to run or drive out of the target area.

-Deimos

If anyone is doing high-level missions, add me. I keep getting paired with low-levels and NGTT isn't very big.

PSN: SOLID-SNAKE04

Late answer but you can only have one car out at a time so if you bring out one car while another is impounded, the impounded one gets destroyed. You can then file an insurance claim on it. A lot of the time I actually just have my mechanic bring me a different car while one is impounded so I can immediately file a claim and have it sent to my garage.

Ah makes sense. Thanks for the answer.

Why is everyone free roaming? It's the same world you spent 2 weeks exploring in single player except with less ambient detail. Robbing stores is fun for a short time but that's really all there is.

I just spent all my time in missions.

Why is everyone free roaming? It's the same world you spent 2 weeks exploring in single player except with less ambient detail. Robbing stores is fun for a short time but that's really all there is.

I just spent all my time in missions.
"It's the same world you spent 2 weeks exploring in single player except with less ambient detail..." and 15 other players. That is the fun part :p

Got a $7000 bounty on me as I was returning to sell an Oracle for $8000 and now I suspect the entire server is waiting for me outside LA Customs. What do I do GAF?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This game is so fucking good. Just spent 6 hours playing with folks from BritGAF, it's the shit. Did missions that went chaotically and ended in hilarity, when playing with fun people even a fuck up is worth it.

And then in free roam we did some of the best gta car chases I've ever seen, three cars all with three and four wanted levels, all smashing around the city. The lighting with all the cop cars and helis at night is fucking insane, even better to see someone else be chased than when you're n the middle yourself. Massive sprawling chases all kicked off again as soon as the last ends, emergent cooperative psychopathy.

Also spent a lot of time with the cargobob, what a great addition. Picked up Mikeside in his van and harassed some dudes who were having a fight on chilliad, he was firing at them from his van that I was swinging around on the helicopter, half weapons platform, half cudgel.

GTA4 free roam as just ok, but they've really nailed the feeling of being in a massive world of possibility in this one, I'm getting crazy things happen regularly, just from how batshit the players are and how broad the sandbox is.

It's fucking beautiful. All you people farming and worrying about stuff are missing the point. This is fuckin multiplayer gta. Play it like it is.

I think the most hilarious thing that happens repeatably is new players who choose the private jets in plane races just cause the have the highest speed, I chuckle whilst maneuvering my mallard between buildings as the earth shake behind me and the corner of my screen is filled with boxes full of (player x committed suicide).

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ugh, why does it take so long to get players in my game? I want to play the No Hay Bronca mission, but it's taking forever to get people in my game.

I'm so fucking good at the Jet deathmatch

Tawpgun
(Today, 02:14 AM)

That's one of my favorite game types. Only played it once, but it was so much fun.

I realized I suck at throwing sticky bombs. A GAFer and I did Base Invaders and I whiffed the jets multiple times.

Got a $7000 bounty on me as I was returning to sell an Oracle for $8000 and now I suspect the entire server is waiting for me outside LA Customs. What do I do GAF?

Just bite the bullet and purchase the ignition bomb so you kill the person who kills you.

I wonder just who much more chaotic a next-gen port with 32 or even 64 players online would be like ... it's pretty mental already with a lobby full of players chasing a bounty!

I think the most hilarious thing that happens repeatably is new players who choose the private jets in plane races just cause the have the highest speed

Depends on the race ... I've seen plenty of jets win before!

So I was singing "Diamond" by Rhianna into my Mic to get RP in GTA V's shower mini game. I didn't know I actually had my mic un-muted and I was in game chat. Whole lobby heard me sign. That's embarrassing. >_<

WTF !!!! my cars disappeared from my garage ? and its worth like 2 Millions + the Entity Xf

which is there because i just bought it ,, this is what happened exactly : my garage is full

and i bought the entity XF i stayed in my apartment until the delivery has been confirmed i

went to my garage then booom nothing but the entity XF !!!!!!!!!! i am really really mad

right now

edit : i called the mechanic and there are no cars to deliver other than the entity ,, are they serious ?

Alienous

So I'm chasing a bounty (I became a bounty hunter; there's a lot of money in it).

He runs and gets into his apartment.

I ring the doorbell.

As I'm ringing, I see him exit his garage in a sports car in the corner of my screen.

I quickly give chase.

Cue this, in my head.

Gaz_RB

WTF !!!! my cars disappeared from my garage ? and its worth like 2 Millions + the Entity Xf

which is there because i just bought it ,, this what happened exactly : my garage is full

and i bought the entity XF i stayed in my apartment until the delivery has been confirmed i

went to my garage then booom nothing but the entity XF !!!!!!!!!! i am really really mad

right now

edit : i called the mechanic and there are no cars to deliver other than the entity ,, now are they serious ?

You should have been a PS4.

/joke

Rockstar is aware of the glitch and are supposedly working to fix it.

Can anyone help me? My friend and I our in a private session, but we want to join a job together. Is there any way to party up? Every time I select a game type, we get separated. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Kyzon

I have literally heard no one else make this complaint. Like, no one. Are you certain it's just disappearing?

Happens to me all the time, but I tend to go around killing groups of people and getting killed.
Hospital bills kill.

Anyone who's losing money should check their bank statements.

Edit: I'm hopping on to do whatever until I can go pick up Pokemon.

X360: Kyzon Xin

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Might have created a roadblock here.

0_0.jpg

Does fitting your car with an ignition bomb and having it blow up prevent you from modding it any further? I know it says you can't make any further modifications to a car you fit with one, but if it's one of your personal one, what then?

Ploid 3.0

They just need to have a mode where there's no missions, no reputation, no bills, no buying car and weapon mods. Weapons are in certain places found on the map, more accessible air craft around the world (not hidden, jumbo jet available, airports full of aircraft). There's no penalty for dying, you just do what you want. Just Cause 2 multi player had people killing one another but it was fun because at worse you'd just have to go to a spawn place after death.

Does fitting your car with an ignition bomb and having it blow up prevent you from modding it any further? I know it says you can't make any further modifications to a car you fit with one, but if it's one of your personal one, what then?
After the bomb is used, you're free to continue modding.

Gaz_RB

God the AP Pistol shreds cars so fast. I feel like the majority of cars I've blown up have been from me just trying to kill someone driving.

Boo bad sport system boo

Can anyone help me? My friend and I our in a private session, but we want to join a job together. Is there any way to party up? Every time I select a game type, we get separated. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Once you are hosting a game you should be able to invite people from your friends list/crew.

Lima

One thing I totally love about the online is that I can drop weapons I don't want/need anymore.

God that annoyed me to no end in singleplayer. Hey I got that Carbine rifle unlocked, why would I even want to carry the AK anymore?

nbraun80

So I haven't played any SP (so sue me), but I know there's some hunting side missions. Id like to see some hunting side missions added into online. Like 2 players and see who can bag the biggest buck in 5 min. or something. To those who played the SP are these any fun? It just sounded fun to me.

Top Bottom