• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Ooccoo

I think farming cash is too easy. Just do endless Survival missions, reach Wave 10 and you're golden. I farmed $80k doing this in like 2 hours. I could have much more if I really wanted to farm more. Though it seems they nixed the replay feature? You can just die in wave 9 and get a nice chunk of money then retry the mission

Haines

Banned
One thing I totally love about the online is that I can drop weapons I don't want/need anymore.

God that annoyed me to no end in singleplayer. Hey I got that Carbine rifle unlocked, why would I even want to carry the AK anymore?

I thought you could scroll through rifles with left and right on weapon wheel.

Lima

I thought you could scroll through rifles with left and right on weapon wheel.

Well yeah you can do that but I don't even want to carry that shitty inferior weapon anymore. The Carbine is better in every aspect.

Less weapons to go through which means faster and easier switching.

Plasmid

Finished all 10 rounds of survival. Pretty fun and good $. Made $38k off 2 today.

Fun fact, if a helicopter can't directly shoot at you (ie youre in a corner etc) it will disappear.

What is the best way to increase strength, arm wrestling? and what is its purpose?

Also what are the 'JP' awarded after each event for?

So I haven't played any SP (so sue me), but I know there's some hunting side missions. Id like to see some hunting side missions added into online. Like 2 players and see who can bag the biggest buck in 5 min. or something. To those who played the SP are these any fun? It just sounded fun to me.

Played it once and found it incredibly boring, you basically just have to make sure you are downwind of the prey and then blam.

Can I unlock engine upgrades by doing solo races? Also, do I need to win races with each class of cars, or does it unlock it for all classes?

I think it's just linked into your overall rank?

So I haven't played any SP (so sue me), but I know there's some hunting side missions. Id like to see some hunting side missions added into online. Like 2 players and see who can bag the biggest buck in 5 min. or something. To those who played the SP are these any fun? It just sounded fun to me.
That would be fantastic, too bad there's no animals in mp....

Lima

Can I unlock engine upgrades by doing solo races? Also, do I need to win races with each class of cars, or does it unlock it for all classes?

No you can't. You need at least two people in the race.

Also normally it only unlocks the mods for that specific class but if you do motorcycle races there is a glitch where it unlocks the mods for every car class.

So in short find a friend, do a single lap motorcycle race on Criminal Records (takes 30 seconds) and trade wins until you have unlocked all the mods. I would do this before patch 4 hits next week because they might fix that.

One thing I totally love about the online is that I can drop weapons I don't want/need anymore.

God that annoyed me to no end in singleplayer. Hey I got that Carbine rifle unlocked, why would I even want to carry the AK anymore?
How do you drop weapons you don't want?

JCtheMC

Ugh, been trying to get into a session with PS3 NGTT members, only to end up in games with only 3 players and 1 fellow crew member. I'm offered all these interesting jobs and no one to play them with.

eival

why would you drop a weapon? just set the one you want in the weapon wheel

0_0.jpg

Dat floral print.

0_0.jpg

Also, sticky bombs won't detonate on a campfire, but if you stand on top of it and catch on fire, they will explode.

Lima

why would you drop a weapon? just set the one you want in the weapon wheel

Why would I want to keep the inferior weapon on me? I will never use it again lol.

This also resets after every job/mission etc. you do and every time you re-enter the online mode.

Best thing about the online mode with the mechanic. All stuff that should have been in the singleplayer.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm kind of disappointed by Online. Deathmatches are clunky and awful. Races are basically decided in the first few seconds. Matchmaking overall is a long and arduous process. Even free roam has a lot of things removed and requires players to grind to get them (airplanes, for instance). The missions they give you are really shallow, as expected.

I'm just not feeling it. It's a lot in one package, but besides the core stuff like driving around the open world with buddies, it feels weak.

Gaz_RB

I'm kind of disappointed by Online. Deathmatches are clunky and awful. Races are basically decided in the first few seconds. Matchmaking overall is a long and arduous process. Even free roam has a lot of things removed and requires players to grind to get them (airplanes, for instance). The missions they give you are really shallow, as expected.

I'm just not feeling it. It's a lot in one package, but besides the core stuff like driving around the open world with buddies, it feels weak.

You sound low level. Keep playing, things open up.

If not, disregard advice, continue trashing GTAO

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
You sound low level. Keep playing, things open up.

If not, disregard advice, continue trashing GTAO

I aim fairly low level. Only rank 9. It feels like a slog to get to the real fun stuff. Missions aren't very fun. The AI has the problem of being way too accurate too quickly with their guns. It's hard to be quickly precise with anything in GTA V, and there are far more enemies than there are players, and you have very few lives on backup. And the driving missions are... well, just driving.

Man, did anyone of you guys take a picture of the neogaf dude standing on the RV and shooting enemies while we were driving it to location? In-game camera only takes pics from first person perspective.

Gaz_RB

I aim fairly low level. Only rank 9. It feels like a slog to get to the real fun stuff. Missions aren't very fun. The AI has the problem of being way too accurate too quickly with their guns. It's hard to be quickly precise with anything in GTA V, and there are far more enemies than there are players, and you have very few lives on backup. And the driving missions are... well, just driving.

I do agree that early missions sucks.

I'm level 55 and the missions get a lot better and more complex later.

I'd say reserve judgement, and keep playing for a while longer. Make some friends, make some money, and hopefully you'll start enjoying it soon. If you're on 360 feel free to add me, I'll invite you to some real missions.

Shadownet

Banned
No you can't. You need at least two people in the race.

Also normally it only unlocks the mods for that specific class but if you do motorcycle races there is a glitch where it unlocks the mods for every car class.

So in short find a friend, do a single lap motorcycle race on Criminal Records (takes 30 seconds) and trade wins until you have unlocked all the mods. I would do this before patch 4 hits next week because they might fix that.

And what glitch is that, friend? It's take forever to unlock mods for every vehicle category.

Why would I want to keep the inferior weapon on me? I will never use it again lol.

This also resets after every job/mission etc. you do and every time you re-enter the online mode.

Best thing about the online mode with the mechanic. All stuff that should have been in the singleplayer.

There's so much that should've been in single player. The minimap toggle (even just the partial size toggle), garage + mechanic delivery, car insurance, Etc.

dreamfall

Still can't seem to change my helmet. Not a fan of the open face, no option under Hats to buy a new one. And it's greeted out in the inventory :/

KAP151

The best times Ive had with the game have had nothing to do with missions, I spent most of my time just in the open world. Its the sheer random factor of not knowing what happens next. Helicopter battles, sniping from rooftops, drive by wars etc.

There was a full on tank battle in my game this afternoon. Mercs were being called in, Attack choppers, Jets all sorts of shit. It was glorious.

Top Bottom