• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Kajiba

Still can't seem to change my helmet. Not a fan of the open face, no option under Hats to buy a new one. And it's greeted out in the inventory :/

Bike helmets should be next to the mask shop next to the beach if I remember correctly. I think thats the only place to buy them too.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The best times Ive had with the game have had nothing to do with missions, I spent most of my time just in the open world. Its the sheer random factor of not knowing what happens next. Helicopter battles, sniping from rooftops, drive by wars etc.

There was a full on tank battle in my game this afternoon. Mercs were being called in, Attack choppers, Jets all sorts of shit. It was glorious.

The problem is, I can't access any of that cool stuff until I've sufficiently ranked up. Shoot, even trying to have a drive-by war, I ran out of ammo, then I ran out of money.

KAP151

The problem is, I can't access any of that cool stuff until I've sufficiently ranked up. Shoot, even trying to have a drive-by war, I ran out of ammo, then I ran out of money.

Low levels are kinda shitty. Just do holdups/sell an expensive SUV every 42 mins (1 day in game) to LS Customs when you are bored of missions. You can make plenty of money that way. A solo race in downtown can net you 1400 odd RP for 90 secs work.

You can get past the 'meh' low level factor in a afternoon no problem.

Ensirius

Low levels are kinda shitty. Just do holdups/sell an expensive SUV every 42 mins (1 day in game) to LS Customs when you are bored of missions. You can make plenty of money that way. A solo race in downtown can net you 1400 odd RP for 90 secs work.

You can get past the 'meh' low level factor in a afternoon no problem.

What SUVs net the most money?

I'll follow your advice and start racing solo + sell car. I'm lvl 14 and I want to access the cool stuff of the game.

KAP151

I'll follow your advice and start racing solo + sell car. I'm lvl 14 and I want to access the cool stuff of the game.

Lampadati Felon GT(coupe) - $9500
Gallivanter Baller(SUV) - $9000
Lampadati Felon(coupe) - $9000
Ocelot F620(coupe) - $8000
Ubermacht Oracle(sedan) - $8000
Ubermacht Sentinel xs(coupe) - $8000
Albany Cavalcade(SUV) - $7000
Benefactor Dubsta(SUV) - $7000
Ubermacht Zion Cabria(coupe/cab) - $6500
Ocelot Jackal(sedan) - $6000
Benefactor Serrano(SUV) - $6000
Mammoth Patriot(SUV) - $5000
Dundreary Landstalker(SUV) - $5000
Fantom FQ(Suv) - $5000
Cheval Surge(sedan) - $3800
Schyster Fusilade(coupe) - $3600
Dundrey Granger(SUV) - $3500
Vapid Dominator(coupe) - $3500
Bravado Buffalo(sedan) - $3500
Vapid Radius(Suv) - $3200
Bravado Gauntlet(coupe) - $3100
Canis Seminole(SUV) - $3000
Declasse Tornado(coupe) - $3000
Bravado Gresley(SUV) - $2900
Karin Asterope(sedan) - $2500
Maibatsu Penumbra(coupe) - $2400
Imponte Phoenix(sedan) - $2000
Weeny Issi(mini) - $1800
Albany Washington(sedan) - $1500
Ziconium Stratum(wagon) - $1000
Albany Empreor(sedan) - $800

Ensirius

Hey thanks for that list.

Aren't those top cars unable to be sold? whenever I try to with a nice spprtsports car it just says that car is too cool and I need to buy it from the Internet or something. No option to sell.

How do you text message other players in game? I can't find any of that option via my phone. It's hidden somewhere from the pause menu isn't it..

Go to phone contacts choose the person you want to message. Then private message.

Qwell

Anyone on PSN right now that could join my parking garage mission? No one is joining it, even on auto invite. Don't want to waste the 5k exp mission :( PSN = Qwell - NGTT crew

Astery

How do you text message other players in game? I can't find any of that option via my phone. It's hidden somewhere from the pause menu isn't it..

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
The best times Ive had with the game have had nothing to do with missions, I spent most of my time just in the open world. Its the sheer random factor of not knowing what happens next. Helicopter battles, sniping from rooftops, drive by wars etc.

There was a full on tank battle in my game this afternoon. Mercs were being called in, Attack choppers, Jets all sorts of shit. It was glorious.

This.

Those of us who played and loved gta iv online get it, those who are new to gta online will not get it.

It's all about the random awesome.

RotBot

This.

Those of us who played and loved gta iv online get it, those who are new to gta online will not get it.

It's all about the random awesome.

It's even more awesome when you get into a session where everyone is level 30-100 and decides to have a free-for-all brawl.

Railroad Survival might be the hardest Survival map I've encountered. Was so close to passing it on Wave 10. Still have to try out Sawmill Survival

xBladeM6x

Finally got a Sultan. :3

0_0.jpg

BSherrod

Railroad Survival might be the hardest Survival map I've encountered. Was so close to passing it on Wave 10. Still have to try out Sawmill Survival
There's a car in the back under a shed that you can take out almost everyone with grenades, blind fire, and patience on wave 10. I did it myself today, but with only one helicopter left.

Was playing High Priority Case with some GAFers. I managed to pick up the case and got back to the helicopter as an enemy helicopter appeared. I waited for my remaining teammate to get in. As I flew off, my teammate someone jacked the copter and pushed me out of the driver's seat.I was shot to death as I fell with the suitcase. Somehow you can steal teammates' vehicles without trying.

Also, if your car ends up in the impound, don't call your mechanic for another! If that gets impounded, the first car is gone. My favorite car almost got wiped out because of this. I got really lucky because I had somehow duplicated it earlier on accident.

Open your phone and go to the contacts list and select the name of whoever you want to text. The option to text or call will be there.

Vashetti

Banned
Sorry if already asked.

Is the $500,000 for each character?

My boyfriend is wondering if he can make another character(s) and get $500,000 on that one too.

Qwell

Good playing with all the GAFers tonight, Lester and Martin decided to be nice to me tonight and showered me with lots of Parking Garage and Mixed with the Coke.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Bike helmets should be next to the mask shop next to the beach if I remember correctly. I think thats the only place to buy them too.

You can buy helmets, hats, and other head things besides masks in each of the clothes store, you just have to find the right bit they sell them from, same for accessories.

If you don't have easy access to a list, I'm pretty sure all the cars you can sell are just 10% of what you buy them for from the in game car shop website.

Sorry if already asked.

Is the $500,000 for each character?

My boyfriend is wondering if he can make another character(s) and get $500,000 on that one too.

Nope, it will be put in everyone's bank, and banks are shared between characters.

Dabanton

Level 23 now jumped around 7 levels last night. Missions are better. I finally have my beloved sticky bombs, oh how they make certain missions a hell of a lot easier.

More calls are flying in better things to do, I must say I'm loving the mystery crate drops and I finally have a nice 6 car garage apartment.

Had fun just doing random shit last night. Saw another player a few blocks from me robbing a liquor store. Raced over there just as he'd got the bag of money. Parked the nose of my car right at the door so he couldn't get out. The clerk pulls out a gun and shoots the guy right in the back. Was sweet.

RS4-

Oh shit anyone on PSN wants to do that motorcycle thing, I'm down! Send me a PM with your PSN or something, or just post here lol.

eival

rather than handing out cash, they need to just redo the RP hand out.

and i dont mean the replay of Rooftops or whatever, the problem is, if every mission was balanced that would of never been a big deal.

theres a problem if you can go 10 waves of Survival, theres only like 20 guys per wave which is 10xp each and you get like 2k of RP at the end..... thats barely 4000 RP for probably half an hour real time...vs 2 50 second races, or the Rooftops mission once.

THATS the problem, not people replaying the 1-2 ways to actually feel like we're earning what we deserve.

Red Dead never felt like a grind or felt like you wasted your time doing stuff, sure some hideouts never got played because of it, but i remember having a ton of fun replaying those 2-3 hideouts in Red Dead over and over, or you could just kill cops....

this game you dont even earn XP for killing cops or anyone else except during missions and almost all of the reward/medals are useless and dont factor at all in ranking up like the Red Dead side stuff did. they also need to fix the psudo-anti griefing methods they use. where now you see stories of people trolling by pestering others to shoot and kill them by ramming into them and putting sticky bombs on their car to hope they shoot it by accident and damage their car thus making them a "bad player"

just give us a damn "friendly fire off" mode and turn on clipping with any damage(explosions) by other players.

oneils

Yes! Eat my dust! : )

Had a blast playing with you and robot (or was it rodbot?).

But, man, do I suck at driving and hosting. Insert dogihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

My collection is coming along nicely. Soon to add an Adder to it...!...
The blue and yellow are the crew colours. :D

How do you guys get these cars? Do you steal them? If so how do you lose the heat and get the mod shop to place a tracker on them?

Couple mission impressions:

The Lester Mission where you have to go down to the beach and steal the plane, land at Sandy shores, is the best mission I've played so far.

Comparatively ... The steal the titan mission is a huge letdown. It was just like a Simeon Mission except replace some lame car with a big airplane. The walk throughs from IGN, CVG, and everything else, really made it seem like a much more epic mission... I feel as though it could almost be beat with 2 people.

Otherwise, every coop mission has been a letdown. I was expecting a lot more from it. I know they said Heists wouldn't be available early on, which is fine with me, but I was hoping for the online missions to be vaguely similar to what you did in the single player... except instead of switching between 3 characters, you had 2 of your real friends playing with you doing those types of roles. Take for instance the non-narrative mission in SP where you have steal the van that has the auto-gun in the back of it, drive it to the top of the Hollywood hills, shoot down an airplane, and then switch to Trevor to race through the back country on a motorbike to steal the evidence in the plane. That's a super memorable mission for me, it's not a heist, and I was thinking that GTAO would have something like that, but unfortunately it does not.

Also disappointed at how everything is separate from the open world when doing missions. IGN and CVG, when they previewed "Titan of a Job" they made it seem like other people were dropping in to assist Merryweather or to just randomly help out on the mission... random people passing through watching this happen could interfere in some way. ALSO what happened to the mission leader dividing up the take? I know that this would be annoying with random people, but in the previews of Titan of a Job, it definitly ended with people landing in Sandy Shores and then the mission leader divided up the winnings... THis... definitely is not in the game.

Lester beach plane job was the best one though. The only one where I felt like my chums and I had to coordinate an attack together.

So I haven't played any SP (so sue me), but I know there's some hunting side missions. Id like to see some hunting side missions added into online. Like 2 players and see who can bag the biggest buck in 5 min. or something. To those who played the SP are these any fun? It just sounded fun to me.

As far as I can tell... there are no wild animals in online. Can anybody else confirm? Haven't seen / heard / spotted any animals. One of the most fun things in RDR online was to go into Bear Claw camp and run away from bears and cougars. One of my most memorable memories was when a bear suddenly became fearful of us and not hostile, and a friend and I led it from Tall Trees down into Blackwater. The bear woudl not attack us, it would just run from us, so we'd angle it down the path... drove it into the center of town, where it went on a rampage and killed like 10 people before being shot. It was awesome.

So far, I don't think wild animals are in GTA:O.

Into

Okay simple noob question, me and friend want to do missions/jobs together, is that actually possible or is this always competitive, 2 team kind of ordeal?

As in me and him cooperate together against the CPU type missions?

The menus are very frustrating and we just want to play together, we dont want to race, we dont want to do deathmatch, are there actual story missions you can do co op with?

oneils

Okay simple noob question, me and friend want to do missions/jobs together, is that actually possible or is this always competitive, 2 team kind of ordeal?

The menus are very frustrating and we just want to play together

There are co-op missions. But the only way I know how to do them is for you guys to do a job together and then in the job selection screen (when your job is done) vote for "refresh" until you find a co-op mission.

Not quite sure how you initiate a job with just your friend. I guess there is a way to invite him only or start a friends only session.

The menus are very frustrating and we just want to play together

Yes, it's possible but the method for launching these missions is really annoying if this is all that you want to do. You get jobs from computer characters in the game. So if you're starting out it's proably only Lamar, Gerald, and Simeon. They give you pretty boring missions but they are coop, 1 - 4 players usually. Lamar gives you some drug bust missions, Gerald gives you drug recovery missions, Simeon gives you car recovery missions.

Once you level into the teens you'll get calls from Ron (Trevor Philips Industries) and Lester. Later, Martin Madrazo. But, I dont think you can do Lester, Martin, or Ron missions until you are Level 20s or so.

So to get missions early on, one of those guys... Gerald, Simeon, or Lamar will text you and invite you to a job. Open your phone, the center app is "Jobs," click that, accept the job from those guys, then invite your buddy (either using the phone or Xbox/PSN invite system). If you dont have a job fromt hose guys, you can call them and usually request one.

The problem is ... there just aren't enough jobs, especially early on. You're picking throgh like ~5 jobs that are all basically the same thing. You'll level up quickly and get more opportunities, but there's really nothing to do in the open world and or with friends when you're a 0 - 10 Level.

Bad design decision by Rockstar. For all of this talk of "500" or "700" missions out of the box .. like .. maybe 20 of them are coop initially, it seems? Most of them are really boring especially early on. Even the ones that were heavily advertised, like "Titan of a Job" are a let down. I've played 2 missions that I feel have been decent, a plane heist for Lester and one called .. No Hay Bronca for Gerald, which has you doing multiple things. The majority are drive to Y, kill the blips, steal X, drive it somewhere else.

They need to come up with better coop/PvE missions stat.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

The menus are very frustrating and we just want to play together, we dont want to race, we dont want to do deathmatch, are there actual story missions you can do co op with?

the jobs you get by email on your phone are the co-op missions you're looking for.

one if you needs to start the mission from your phone, go past the screen where you buy ammo and then you'll see an option to close/open the session. If you close it you can then just invite your friend/s in without anyone else joining.

early on these missions are pretty boring (go get the meth type stuff) but they do get better.

Into

There are co-op missions. But the only way I know how to do them is for you guys to do a job together and then in the job selection screen (when your job is done) vote for "refresh" until you find a co-op mission.

Not quite sure how you initiate a job with just your friend. I guess there is a way to invite him only or start a friends only session.

Yes, it's possible but the method for launching these missions is really annoying if this is all that you want to do. You get jobs from computer characters in the game. So if you're starting out it's proably only Lamar, Gerald, and Simeon. They give you pretty boring missions but they are coop, 1 - 4 players usually. Lamar gives you some drug bust missions, Gerald gives you drug recovery missions, Simeon gives you car recovery missions.

Once you level into the teens you'll get calls from Ron (Trevor Philips Industries) and Lester. Later, Martin Madrazo. But, I dont think you can do Lester, Martin, or Ron missions until you are Level 20s or so.

So to get missions early on, one of those guys... Gerald, Simeon, or Lamar will text you and invite you to a job. Open your phone, the center app is "Jobs," click that, accept the job from those guys, then invite your buddy (either using the phone or Xbox/PSN invite system). If you dont have a job fromt hose guys, you can call them and usually request one.

The problem is ... there just aren't enough jobs, especially early on. You're picking throgh like ~5 jobs that are all basically the same thing. You'll level up quickly and get more opportunities, but there's really nothing to do in the open world and or with friends when you're a 0 - 10 Level.

Bad design decision by Rockstar. For all of this talk of "500" or "700" missions out of the box .. like .. maybe 20 of them are coop initially, it seems? Most of them are really boring especially early on. Even the ones that were heavily advertised, like "Titan of a Job" are a let down. I've played 2 missions that I feel have been decent, a plane heist for Lester and one called .. No Hay Bronca for Gerald, which has you doing multiple things. The majority are drive to Y, kill the blips, steal X, drive it somewhere else.

They need to come up with better coop/PvE missions stat.

Thanks to both of you for your answers, we have just been sitting here pulling our hair out wondering why it is so difficult to just play together.

We have mostly been robbing stores and got to lvl 10 but that got a tad boring, the races are okay fun but we just wanted to play together.

Thanks again, hopefully we can manage

Top Bottom