• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

MAX PAYMENT

The best times Ive had with the game have had nothing to do with missions, I spent most of my time just in the open world. Its the sheer random factor of not knowing what happens next. Helicopter battles, sniping from rooftops, drive by wars etc.

There was a full on tank battle in my game this afternoon. Mercs were being called in, Attack choppers, Jets all sorts of shit. It was glorious.

The most fun I had in free roam was a spontaneous free roam death match that involved 6 or so people, two with bounties, on the interstate. Semi trucks with trailers crashing everywhere. Heavy police involvement. It had me laughing my ass off the whole time.

But when it was all said and done, I'd lost ~20k because of the penalties of dying in free roam.
After that I stopped involving myself in the most fun GTA online activity.

As far as I can tell... there are no wild animals in online. Can anybody else confirm? Haven't seen / heard / spotted any animals. One of the most fun things in RDR online was to go into Bear Claw camp and run away from bears and cougars. One of my most memorable memories was when a bear suddenly became fearful of us and not hostile, and a friend and I led it from Tall Trees down into Blackwater. The bear woudl not attack us, it would just run from us, so we'd angle it down the path... drove it into the center of town, where it went on a rampage and killed like 10 people before being shot. It was awesome.

So far, I don't think wild animals are in GTA:O.

I've seen tons of deer in single player, but nothing online.

todahawk

Anyone else having problems with insurance claims on cars? Had dumped a bunch of money into mods on a car and lost it mid-mission. get notice it was destroyed, call Mors Mutual and pay the $$$ for the claim and it says the car was delivered (but doesn't mention my garage). It's not in my garage and there's no impound or anything else on the map showing where my car might be...

Just did a quick google and it looks like other players are having issues too, like Mors not even being in their contact list.

Not happy but farming to make up the difference and then some. Not giving R* a fucking penny on in-game cash.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So tired of hearing morons on their mics during matches. Really wish the no-one chat option extended past free mode. It doesn't work in free roam sometimes, even.

He was a high enough level to have Lester hide him on the map. I didn't realize the SP glitch worked in MP too; I could swear it auto-holstered no matter what, but I guess not. I've been shot many times through the doors, but this was a first.

now that is something I did not know

I also don't get the bad sport with player vehicles. I would consider shooting the empty vehicle of a player a "bad sport".

But if he's inside it, no bad sport at all. If you believe a person placed a sticky bomb , just check it before driving.

So tired of hearing morons on their mics during matches. Really wish the no-one chat option extended past free mode. It doesn't work in free roam sometimes, even.

can't that be about the SMS you can send to people? Nothing actually says it refers to voice chat.

Voice chat should be positional. Like you can hear someone 1 street away, but not further. If you want further comm, make a phonecall or smth.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
can't that be about the SMS you can send to people? Nothing actually says it refers to voice chat.

Voice chat should be positional. Like you can hear someone 1 street away, but not further. If you want further comm, make a phonecall or smth.

No, turning chat to no-one doesn't work in free mode sometimes even. Read it again, I don't want to hear people.

I keep losing large sums of money despite making sure to bank it regularly. I had $40,000 in the bank earlier and without spending a penny it dropped to $25,000.

Is this a known issue?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This Crew stuff is kind of backwards, they should charge us less for using Crew colours than any of the other ones, not a ridiculous 25k just for one part of the car.

SonnyBoy

I just saw on IGN that RockStar is giving us $500k as an apology of sorts. Is that true? If so, how do you claim it? I just logged in for a second and didn't have any additional money.

On an unrelated note. My character doesn't have any arms, is that happening to anyone else?

skynidas

Banned
I just saw on IGN that RockStar is giving us $500k as an apology of sorts. Is that true? If so, how do you claim it? I just logged in for a second and didn't have any additional money.

On an unrelated note. My character doesn't have any arms, is that happening to anyone else?

250K will be automatically deposited next week, the other half later in the month

Take a self picture now. I need to see that.

Arcteryx

Messing around with some of the clothes last night and damn...why does Rockstar still use 16bit color depth on consoles? It's SUPER evident on the darker suits(female suit pants especially), with weird splotches of green/purple "shadows" on them.

PC/next-gen release can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom