• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Cerilli

Neo Member
some dude duped my car ? was driving around and some dude was following me with the same car...even the same tires and everything
My car has been duped too, so it must be possible. Except mine duped in my garage, so now I have 2.

I thiink I might have an idea of how it happened to me, but I'm not sure.

How do you delete photos? Can't find the thing in-game or on the social club site.

Apparently there's nothing on the site for some reason, you have to let an in-game gallery page load fully before the option to delete appears.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Sent some mercenaries on someone just so I could steal this from them:

0_0.jpg

How much is a 10 car apartment?

Cheapest is 210k or so.

I had some bounty hunter keep ringing my doorbell. I could see him on the security camera waiting for me to come out. I called for mercs and watched him die.

Last night me and one of the PS3 gaf crew tried to do a Martin mission where you are supposed to fly over a mansion, parachute or land on the roof to assassinate some guy. Well this mission does not spawn any planes or helicopters at all. We seacrhed every single spawn point, even went into the airport and nothing. WTF are you supposed to do.

Going in through the front gate is nearly impossible, there are a million dudes waiting and they seem to respawn all the time.

railGUN

Banned
Is there a good guide or wiki for the online portion of the game? I have lots of little questions / wondering about things, but short of constantly posting questions, I'm not sure where to go to read about the various modes / rules etc.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Last night me and one of the PS3 gaf crew tried to do a Martin mission where you are supposed to fly over a mansion, parachute or land on the roof to assassinate some guy. Well this mission does not spawn any planes or helicopters at all. We seacrhed every single spawn point, even went into the airport and nothing. WTF are you supposed to do.

Going in through the front gate is nearly impossible, there are a million dudes waiting and they seem to respawn all the time.

Do you have Lester finding a helicopter unlocked?

Gorillaz

Somebody at rockstar needs a crash course lesson on creating spawns for survival mode. You don't just let them appear in the middle of the map.

Love the mode but they really didn't put much thought into balancing it out

Acorn

The best bet is enter from both gates at the same time. And alot of grenades.

Parachuting in is actually worse.

Acorn

Somebody at rockstar needs a crash course lesson on creating spawns for survival mode. You don't just let them appear in the middle of the map.

They need to up the rp too. The cash amount is probably fair but you get less rp than a race.

The best bet is enter from both gates at the same time. And alot of grenades.

Parachuting in is actually worse.

I am still level 26 so no lester finding a chopper. But if this is the case then I guess I dont need one. That sucks that the mission description tells you a route that is worse.

Lester missions are great, love the teamwork between guys on the ground and some in the air.

Are heists in the game yet? If so what level do you get to them?

Acorn

I am still level 26 so no lester finding a chopper. But if this is the case then I guess I dont need one. That sucks that the mission description tells you a route that is worse.
Yeah I was the same as you. No chopper the first time then I unlocked it and played again - it was like jumping into the middle of a warzone.

At each Gate there is a suv, lob a grenade from each entry point to take out a bunch of them(blowing the suvs) and provide some cover without them having the angle on you.

Edit- move quickly too as the police swarm in, so you have to progress right into the compound quickly.

Ding-Ding

Good playing with all the GAFers tonight, Lester and Martin decided to be nice to me tonight and showered me with lots of Parking Garage and Mixed with the Coke.

Thanks for the invite.

I can't give money for some reason

EDIT: I can give money to others after robbing convenience stores, but not just cash I withdraw.

My humble apologies Sir. Didnt know you was in the freeroam server afterwards. Had a 9k bounty on me and someone had already tried to have a go. So when you turned up driving the same car, I thought it was him taking another shot. Hence the explosive charge.

This game really needs an crew alliances function. It would make it so much easier for identification between GAF crews. Rather than trying to remember names and looking at small text

Gawge

What are you actually supposed to do? I was in cover, shooting some enemies, only for others to immediately spawn behind me. I don't mind if they start closing in on me, but at least give me some chance of planning by looking at the map.

Acorn

What are you actually supposed to do? I was in cover, shooting some enemies, only for others to immediately spawn behind me. I don't mind if they start closing in on me, but at least give me some chance of planning by looking at the map.
There are some defensible positions, look for rooftops or jump inside those giant skips/bins that are in most of them.

The Sawmill is insane though.

Played some more of this last night.

Not sure about it really. While it is fun to ride around and do random stuff for a little bit it gets tiring waiting forever in mission screens waiting for people to possibly join. I think out of the 15 missions/races/death matches I tried to do last night only 3 went through. Most of the time I just sat there waiting. I gave up on that and just tried to meet up with people only to be shot anytime I get close to someone.

I really wish they wouldn't have tied down the events to people only in your session. Also thank god there is a easy option to mute people.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but anytime I get online I'm in a world all by myself and when I try to start races or anything, nobody ever shows up. I'm only level 3. Is this something on their end or do I have to complete some more stuff to get into true online?

I almost survived a 20k bounty on my head. As soon as he put a bounty on me i fled to the water. I hijacked a wave rider and sped off. Nobody could catch me. A guy came along on a heli and I killed him, and that was that. Suddenly I see a guy in a jet coming fast after me.

I race towards land and hijack a motor cycle, the dude is shooting rockets at me, but missing. Finally I head towards a building, and he ends up crashing. Victory! I' get off my cycle and head into a store. Right as soon as I head towards the entry way a guy comes out of fucking nowhere and runs me over.

Gawge

There are some defensible positions, look for rooftops or jump inside those giant skips/bins that are in most of them.

The Sawmill is insane though.

Yeah, the Airplane boneyard has a good rooftop (until the copters come Lvl7).

The Sawmill is the one that I was thinking of.

I'm going to get the parking garage mission soon. When I do we need to get a group and a spectator so we can restart it. Lots of RP, and a little cash.

Ding-Ding

Maybe I'm just dumb, but anytime I get online I'm in a world all by myself and when I try to start races or anything, nobody ever shows up. I'm only level 3. Is this something on their end or do I have to complete some more stuff to get into true online?

Are you in a crew or have alot of friends playing the game. Get a much better response from those two options rather than auto-inviting the mob from a freeroam session.

You may have a problem with level. Thing is the only jobs you will get are ones most people have done to death. Best to try to accept requests rather than make them (what platform you on, if PSN add me xxDingerxx).

Acorn

The sawmill is terrible. I've played it 3 or 4 times and haven't seen any player find a decent defensible position.

It's either badly designed or I'm missing somewhere obvious.

Haha, that was me that was with you. Looks like I should have brought more grenades. It was funny watching that guy trying to kill himself so we could restart the mission and the shootout at the end with the police was pretty fun,

Are you in a crew or have alot of friends playing the game. Get a much better response from those two options rather than auto-inviting the mob from a freeroam session.

You may have a problem with level. Thing is the only jobs you will get are ones most people have done to death. Best to try to accept requests rather than make them (what platform you on, if PSN add me xxDingerxx).

I'm not even getting put in free roam with other people. (I assume free roam is what the game puts you in automatically when you join online) Is that normal?

Gaz_RB

I almost survived a 20k bounty on my head. As soon as he put a bounty on me i fled to the water. I hijacked a wave rider and sped off. Nobody could catch me. A guy came along on a heli and I killed him, and that was that. Suddenly I see a guy in a jet coming fast after me.

I race towards land and hijack a motor cycle, the dude is shooting rockets at me, but missing. Finally I head towards a building, and he ends up crashing. Victory! I' get off my cycle and head into a store. Right as soon as I head towards the entry way a guy comes out of fucking nowhere and runs me over.

I really hate how it spawns people super close to you. It either leads to repeated, cheap killing or the guy you just killed stabs you in the back after you thought you were done with him.

I'm not even getting put in free roam with other people. (I assume free roam is what the game puts you in automatically when you join online) Is that normal?

You finished the tutorial right?

Boneyard is easy. 2 people can dominate it.

One person needs to hide in one of the two small dumpsters near the... north side of the building. The other person needs to take shelter behind the trailer that is directly across from the main building/dumpsters. Of the two dumpsters, take the one furthest from the road... it prevents people frm getting literally on top of you and easily HSing you. Otherwise, the person behind the trailer focuses on the main back section (pointing at the school bus, the chain linked fence, etc), while the dumpster person focuses on the front.

The only threat comes if the trailer person gets flanked, which the dumpster guy usually should handle. If dumpster guy dies, trailer guy has to furiously cover both ends of the trailer to make sure he doesn't get flanked. If trailer person dies, you're screwed.

I've done it twice now... $20,000 payout plus really tons of XP... not only do you get the big bonus at the end, but you get 10XP for every kill and there's probably ~150kills per person throughout the whole event.

Ding-Ding

You should start to be in freeroam when Lamar tells you to buy some new clothes. I know that for a fact as it was outside the clothes store where I got my 1st death (he was a lvl 17 and I had my character deleted)

Just press start, goto online and find new session.

So has this mode at all stabilized since...last week or so?

Yes, it's been stable since ~Friday the 4th for me. Haven't gotten disconnected once and been able to play consistently whenever. Getting into the mode is pretty fast. Matchmaking is still slow but that's because it all works on a lousy invite system that R* should improve. It doens't seem like there is any real matchmaking in the game... Just big group invites that are unreliable.

Top Bottom