• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Question: Can you change your default crew association in the game or do you have to do it from the social club online? I have 2 crews, my friends from home and then gaf... I'd like to switch to gaf when my buds aren't around, but switch back when my bros are online.

Ding-Ding

Question: Can you change your default crew association in the game or do you have to do it from the social club online? I have 2 crews, my friends from home and then gaf... I'd like to switch to gaf when my buds aren't around, but switch back when my bros are online.

Go to online in the pause menu, under crews you can change between your crews

Gaz_RB

There is a HUGE, glaring issue with this game. How it slipped through Rockstar's QA is a testament to how horrible and anti-consumer they are as a developer, and I for one will never support such a poorly executed, HORRENDOUS, disgusting online launch ever again until they fix it.

I can't change the color of my parachute backpack. It is eternally pink.

dreamfall

There is a HUGE, glaring issue with this game. How it slipped through Rockstar's QA is a testament to how horrible and anti-consumer they are as a developer, and I for one will never support such a poorly executed, HORRENDOUS, disgusting online launch ever again until they fix it.

Bahaha, homie that's how I feel about helmets. Own your pink chute with the utmost pride!

You should start to be in freeroam when Lamar tells you to buy some new clothes. I know that for a fact as it was outside the clothes store where I got my 1st death (he was a lvl 17 and I had my character deleted)

Just press start, goto online and find new session.

Ok, I did that a few times and now I'm in a lobby with game playing people! Thanks.

DinnerRevealer

Neo Member
It seems dumb to me to lock the better mission types until you get to be a higher level. I'd rather play the mission where it's dirtbikes vs jets than another boring round of tdm or steal the drugs.

Ted

More good fun yesterday with Britgaf...

...sorry for trying to fly the Titan inverted. I suspected it wouldn't end well, aaaand it didn't.

Oh, and whoever said "Ted, you don't speak on mic but your comedy horn makes up for it", you are a hero in my house now. :)

jacobs34

Just spent a bunch of cash on upgrading my Sand King and my motorcycle. Starting to feel the sting of not being able to grind missions. Can't wait to get above level 50 so I start getting some high paying missions.

Kajiba

Lmao. I think its a glitch of some sort. I remember having blue chute backpack when i first started playing.

Gaz_RB

Bahaha, homie that's how I feel about helmets. Own your pink chute with the utmost pride!

lol I can't believe you can't change your helmet. That is the worst.

My skull helmet is badass!

Lmao. I think its a glitch of some sort. I remember having blue chute backpack when i first started playing.

Well Rockstar needs to stop worrying about deleted characters and cars and fix it.

intolerable.

lol I can't believe you can't change your helmet. That is the worst.

My skull helmet is badass!

Well Rockstar needs to stop worrying about deleted characters and cars and fix it.

intolerable.

I'm pretty sure you can buy new parachute colors at Ammunation. Unless not being able to buy the new colors is the glitch you are talking about.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Messing around with some of the clothes last night and damn...why does Rockstar still use 16bit color depth on consoles? It's SUPER evident on the darker suits(female suit pants especially), with weird splotches of green/purple "shadows" on them.

PC/next-gen release can't come soon enough.

I noticed the same thing, it annoyed me to the point that I stopped wearing those pieces of clothing because of the purple splotches just ruin the look.

Sent some mercenaries on someone just so I could steal this from them:
0_0.jpg

Cheapest is 210k or so.

I love that jeep! I love that you can paint the cage a different color, makes for some ridiculous combos lol

0_0.jpg

Hah, neat, could either of you check if it can be used in any of the races as a custom car?

Reave

Wonder if R* will say it was purposely pink for breast cancer awareness.

Gaz_RB

I'm pretty sure you can buy new parachute colors at Ammunation. Unless not being able to buy the new colors is the glitch you are talking about.

It's funny cause i bought every single color of parachute at Ammunation trying to fix it. The glitch is that when I go to inventory and equip my parachute, the backpack is pink haha. It still opens as whatever color I have equipped.

It's pretty inconsequential, I just like wearing it around and wish i could make it blue.

Wonder if R* will say it was purposely pink for breast cancer awareness.

lol going by what they said about the replay option, that's exactly what they'll say

bronk

Banned
I've finally got around to playing online. I played for about 4 or 5 hours today and just wasn't having very much fun. Is it alot more fun with friends? I think I may retire gta v since I finally did everything in the single player.

Gaz_RB

I noticed the same thing, it annoyed me to the point that I stopped wearing those pieces of clothing because of the purple splotches just ruin the look.

Hah, neat, could either of you check if it can be used in any of the races as a custom car?

Just checked, you can.

Gaz_RB

On a completely unrelated subject, 'twas cool playing with you last night. I have to admit though, I wasn't on top form... what with it being 3am for me :)

Yeah we were doing pretty well, we'll have to play again sometime!

I thought that Scheming Meat = Screaming Meat but I wasn't sure haha

Reule

Haha. I'm eternally going to have stars near the wheels and respray category even though I have no new vehicle modifications. It's going to drive me up the wall.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
More good fun yesterday with Britgaf...

...sorry for trying to fly the Titan inverted. I suspected it wouldn't end well, aaaand it didn't.

Oh, and whoever said "Ted, you don't speak on mic but your comedy horn makes up for it", you are a hero in my house now. :)

Yeah man! That was me and Mikeside, so much fun was had with that. Mike was your horn admirer. Always up for doing missions with you, you're a good sport.

Ensirius

If your on PS3 go here...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676505

Follow the instructions and PM me when you get done. I spent all of yesterday PMing people and removing those who aren't playing we have some spots.

PM sent. Hope I can finally get in on the action with gaf.

Request for crew sent!

I followed gaf advice and started doing lots of car races. Leveled up from 14 to 17 and made. 25k in just over an hour.

Gaz_RB

Indeed. I have to say, you're guy has an air of Antonio Banderas about him. Badass... Apart from the pink parachute :)
1049.gif

Haha it does the job! Your guy looked pretty professional. Give him a mustache and slicked back hair and he might look like your avatar if he didn't look so much like Niko
I need to add you!
Cool, cheers, what class does it come under, SUVs?
It is offroad. And it kinda sucks with stock parts. Might be better after some upgrades.

So I finally leveled up to 17 & finally got the mission Violent Ducts & got a lousy $3,000.

It took FOREVER to level up, how the hell did people level up so quickly before Rockstar nerfed the mission?

So what is the fastest/easiest way to Rank Up.

Money is 2nd important now, as I am slowly grinding for it, but can't buy jack because all the weapons are locked until level 25, level 50, level 120.
Might be years before I can use the mini chaingun.

DRE Fei

Looks like rooftop rumble mission has been changed. Now, if the package is destroyed, you automatically fail the mission unlike before.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ah shit, there's a limit? Didn't think there was since I saw some with an insane number of players.

Anyway, cheers.

i opened a ticket with R* to allow us to have more than 300 members.

it sucks that a site as big as gaf is limited to 300. we could have a monster crew if they let us. that said i have the space to add you. PM me if you want in.

I have no idea how their support system works but if anyone can see this and upvote it, like, comment or whatever, please do.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/1199563

i opened a ticket with R* to allow us to have more than 300 members.

it sucks that a site as big as gaf is limited to 300. we could have a monster crew if they let us. that said i have the space to add you. PM me if you want in.

I have no idea how their support system works but if anyone can see this and upvote it, like, comment or whatever, please do.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/1199563

Those are individual tickets to the support system, we can't see it. I placed one earlier and all i got were automated responses every time an update came out.

The vote to kick from freeroam really sucks. Flying around with 4 friends robbing convience stores, and someone votes ot kick me (the pilot) out of the game. Very lame.. All my friends crash. It's funny once or twice, but totally ridiculous. Can't imagine why Rockstar would ever let a minority of people vote someone out of a free lobby ...

And now I cant get back into my friends' game... Who the hell ever thought up this ridiculously stupid kick system.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Those are individual tickets to the support system, we can't see it. I placed one earlier and all i got were automated responses every time an update came out.

Yep, same here. I have put in 3 or 4. I think I need to get ahold of R* PR. I'm working on that.

Top Bottom