• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

oneils

I think I need a little more detail on this, how much money do you need?

Looks like what he is saying is:

- If you want to buy a car from a website, and have enough money to afford it, you can go ahead and buy but you will not be charged for it.

You just have to afford it to make the transaction.

Romez

I think you can call Lester, Gerald, or Lamar from your contact list and they will give you another mission.

Also, in your phone, you can go to quick jobs and join a mission from there.

edit: unless you mean that does not work for you?

Yeah there's a little padlock when i call them up. For now i'm just doing missions other people invite me to.

"I've left your car nearby for you

- The Mechanic"

0_0.jpg

This service is not worth $50 a day.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So, I need 25 more race wins to unlock the last engine upgrade. Racing with Super cars unlocks stuff for all classes, so does anyone want to race? Criminal Records, 1 lap and we'll alternate each race. I'm hosting it right now with open matchmaking and auto-invite, but it's taking forever to get a person in.

So, I need 25 more race wins to unlock the last engine upgrade. Racing with Super cars unlocks stuff for all classes, so does anyone want to race? Criminal Records, 1 lap and we'll alternate each race. I'm hosting it right now with open matchmaking and auto-invite, but it's taking forever to get a person in.

360 or PS3?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone know where 5 gang hideouts are? They don't appear on the map till you get close which is annoying, and I can't see to find much information generally about where any are online.

Do your stats go up?
I went to the gun range but it never showed me any progress.

Yes, but shooting is incredibly slow, after nearly 3 days of play time on my character I only have stamina and driving full, the rest are either at or less than half way.

nbraun80

Anyone know where 5 gang hideouts are? They don't appear on the map till you get close which is annoying, and I can't see to find much information generally about where any are online.

Yes, but shooting is incredibly slow, after nearly 3 days of play time on my character I only have stamina and driving full, the rest are either at or less than half way.
for me one is at the airfield up north, one in the neighborhood by the mask shop, and one was in the big building that's under construction downtown. Thats all I remember for sure for the gang attacks.

JerC

I dunno I find that hard to believe. I don't have enough cash to try it, anyways.

Yeah that. You have to buy through single player. You can get the multiplayer phone with the main three and but it but no one is charged. I'll just submit a report rather than tell the world.

At least this has money involved so R* should fix it asap.

torontoml

Really? Guess I won't be doing the other car class races now, when I host a race.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
"I've left your car nearby for you

- The Mechanic"

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/9365/dwnbz_BfkU-B8zzHAl3XxA/0_0.jpg[img]

This service is not worth $50 a day.[/QUOTE]
he's a dick.

won't bring me a car near the docks or near Trevor

[IMG]http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/5131/w4hBfbr6dUms6pwqAkdnEw/0_0.jpg
my npc gf had an accident :(

Future

Yes, unless you have a lot of money to spare. Weapons you get from completed survival matches stay with you. You get to keep them after death/quitting the game if you're of the proper level.

This is really unreliable though. Last night, another GAFer (different clan than me) blew me up because he had a bounty and was hiding in the driveway to my garage. We had completed a couple missions together earlier and I know had my mic on. I'd even killed a guy who was chasing after him earlier.

I was in my car, driving toward him slowly, saying that I was a fellow GAFer and he still blew me up after all that. There needs to be 1) a better way of identifying one's crew and 2) no friendly fire among clans or between other specified clans or 3) a serious reduction in hospital bill costs, or even getting rid of them altogether. This shouldn't be like Day Z where you're constantly paranoid about who's friend or foe because it's not that kind of game.

It's exactly that kind of game though. Kill or be killed.

Only time I don't kill on site is if I am approaching, and then I usually try to avoid. Anyone that comes toward me is a dead man though. If we spawn together after a mission, you are all getting shot too. Too many times playing nice and dying as a result

Only way this could be solved IMO is adding a truce option. Select a player and declare truce. If its rejected or no response then you know what's up. If they accept, then friendly fire turns off until truce is broken. Broken truce gives a 10 s window to prepare for friendly fire turning off. Automatic truce for 10 s if spawning together in free roam after a mission

todahawk

Is there any place you can see pictures of all the properties and garages?

It's very different. You're getting the money for selling a bike without actually selling it. It's an obvious exploit.

I'd argue that with all the characters, cars and money being lost (even counting R*s $500k stimulus package) that grinding, farming or 'exploits' aren't something anyone should be penalized or banned for until the major issues/bugs/glitches are resolved.

DRE Fei

If you have a bounty on you, just exit the game and switch your controls in single player to free aim. This will put you into free-aim only lobbies when you get back online and it's much harder for other players to kill you.

torontoml

If you have a bounty on you, just exit the game and switch your controls in single player to free aim. This will put you into free-aim only lobbies when you get back online and it's much harder for other players to kill you.
Is the only way to lose a bounty is to be killed?

Gaz_RB

so what if I'm always in free aim lobbies!?

What then??

Only time I don't kill on site is if I am approaching, and then I usually try to avoid. Anyone that comes toward me is a dead man though. If we spawn together after a mission, you are all getting shot too. Too many times playing nice and dying as a result

Only way this could be solved IMO is adding a truce option. Select a player and declare truce. If its rejected or no response then you know what's up. If they accept, then friendly fire turns off until truce is broken. Broken truce gives a 10 s window to prepare for friendly fire turning off. Automatic truce for 10 s if spawning together in free roam after a mission

How does it feel to have one of your songs in GTAO?

So I can't win races because most people have custom vehicles on and I can't compete to win and so I can't upgrade.

What I want to know is if I run a race by myself does it count to the tally to unlock mods for vehicles?

uberluigi

Banned

There's a hideout by one of the construction sites and by the amusement park.

Earlier I went to a ammunation to buy a sniper since I just leveled up. I go outside and start entering my car when at the last second I realized some other player across the street starring at me and then it clicked in my mind. Before I could say NO and get out the car I was blown sky high by a sticky bomb trap. I laughed pretty fucking hard. I murdered him 6 times after. Later I went to go get my car and I saw a guy on a moped just sitting across the street and due to the events earlier I just ended sniping him from down the street and then grabbing my car peacefully. Never trust anyone. I love this game.

No, it's not that kind of game, especially when you have options to invite people over to your apartment, play tennis, Etc. Getting killed in free-roam shouldn't at all be something you fear like you would in Day Z.

This

is fucked up. It isn't fun to have the cash you gained in small increments wiped out because of some paranoid (or just plain) asshole. Having no penalty for getting killed outside of betting during some vs. match gametypes should be the default.

If R* adds impromptu deathmatches in the city where you can challenge other people and everyone picks teams, that'd be fine. Not being able to even approach others without fear of losing hard-earned digital dollars is not what R* has painted this online to be.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
So, anyone between 30-40 want to play some missions and farm RP?

I've been robbing the shit out of stores and selling cars at every 48 minutes, but I'm having a tough time finding missions that give worthwhile RP regularly. With the exception of the rare invite to Rooftop Rumble or Mixed Up with Coke (Hard) most other stuff seems like chipping away at level 59 in vanilla WoW...

saunderez

is fucked up. It isn't fun to have the cash you gained in small increments wiped out because of some paranoid (or just plain) asshole. Having no penalty for getting killed outside of betting during some vs. match gametypes should be the default.

If R* adds impromptu deathmatches in the city where you can challenge other people and everyone picks teams, that'd be fine. Not being able to even approach others without fear of losing hard-earned digital dollars is not what R* has painted this online to be.
Yeah its not what I wanted at all. In GTA IV the aggressive behaviour wasn't so bad because you'd just respawn and hunt down the guy who just killed you. But now multiple deaths drain your funds which is making freeroam somewhat less enjoyable for me.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah its not what I wanted at all. In GTA IV the aggressive behaviour wasn't so bad because you'd just respawn and hunt down the guy who just killed you. But now multiple deaths drain your funds which is making freeroam somewhat less enjoyable for me.

Honestly, try playing Invite Only for a while. I had much more fun last night in that mode just running missions with either GAFers or my crewmates.

Ding-Ding

Is it just me or is it mainly players around lvls 7 to 12 that try a sneaky kill on the unsuspecting. They must feel like its a right of passage.

I have lost track of how many people at these lvl's I have hunted down today. One even killed me while clothes shopping. 9 deaths later I thought he got the message when he ran for the hills, so I sent him a txt saying next time he should think twice. Nope, he turned around and deaths 10, 11, 12 & 13 followed shortly afterwards.

Just how stupid are these people (either that or they haven't figured out that each death costs them money)

Future

No, it's not that kind of game, especially when you have options to invite people over to your apartment, play tennis, Etc. Getting killed in free-roam shouldn't at all be something you fear like you would in Day Z.

This

I can understand the hate, but it also feels gta to me. Always on the lookout with gun at the ready. But i also kind of agree. Only thing I don't like is that you HAVE to be hostile. Too big of a penalty to play things friendly. Shot in the back so many times I am a hardened criminal haha.

Adding a system to create alliances, and interesting methods of breaking them would allow friendships to occur. So when going after a bounty, create the temp alliance and save the dude (or join the hunt). After splitting the cash, players could break the truce in a method that gives the other side time to prepare. The way it is now it is a bit too free for all, forcing the killers to the top of the food chain

I'd keep losing money on death, but only through a drop on your person other players can pick up. No hospital bills (unless a suicide), and you lose a progressive percentage of unbanked money only. A purchase anywhere besides property requires an ATM trip, and no more phone ATM depositing. Withdrawals online only and no deposits....making trips to ATMs required and hopefully fun.

But honestly probably be more fun just to have no penalty on death. This is the only online grind I've ever played where you routinely lose gains. Pretty shirty in a game where death is quick and can come from anywhere. But damn I like the fantasy of pillaging people at atms

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or is it mainly players around lvls 7 to 12 that try a sneaky kill on the unsuspecting. They must feel like its a right of passage.

I have lost track of how many people at these lvl's I have hunted down today. One even killed me while clothes shopping. 9 deaths later I thought he got the message when he ran for the hills, so I sent him a txt saying next time he should think twice. Nope, he turned around and deaths 10, 11, 12 & 13 followed shortly afterwards.

Just how stupid are these people (either that or they haven't figured out that each death costs them money)

Little kids. I can't count the times I've been ganked, then spawned near the ganker, and massacred them only to hear high-pitched pre-pubescent anger explosions.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I can understand the hate, but it also feels gta to me. Always on the lookout with gun at the ready. But i also kind of agree. Only thing I don't like is that you HAVE to be hostile. Too big of a penalty to play things friendly. Shot in the back so many times I am a hardened criminal haha.

Adding a system to create alliances, and interesting methods of breaking them would allow friendships to occur. So when going after a bounty, create the temp alliance and save the dude (or join the hunt). After splitting the cash, players could break the truce in a method that gives the other side time to prepare. The way it is now it is a bit too free for all, forcing the killers to the top of the food chain

I'd keep losing money on death, but only through a drop on your person other players can pick up. No hospital bills (unless a suicide), and you lose a progressive percentage of unbanked money only. A purchase anywhere besides property requires an ATM trip, and no more phone ATM depositing. Withdrawals online only and no deposits....making trips to ATMs required and hopefully fun.

But honestly probably be more fun just to have no penalty on death. This is the only online grind I've ever played where you routinely lose gains. Pretty shirty in a game where death is quick and can come from anywhere

How are you guys dying so often? White dots on my radar are considered hostile regardless of what they're doing unless it's a friend or a crewmember. If you drive by some jerkoff using autoaim to snipe people out of cars, just swerve like a lunatic and drive off. If you DO get killed, spawn fully ready to kill your attacker. 9/10 times if I retaliate successfully I don't have another issue with the person.

If all else fails, join another session, or play invite only!

Top Bottom