• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

XAL

I don't feel like grinding lung capacity.

3ZFLFCH.png

How do you increase strength and flying?

I heard it was 20 punches on a person per 1% and 10 minutes of flying per 1%...

AReed

Just beat all 10 rounds of survival mode and got a cool 20k and an achievement to boot!

Me too! Actually I did it a few hours ago, with two other people, and I died like 4 times, but still.

It's a good way to get free guns that you've unlocked.

Bruno

To level up strength literally takes 5~10 minutes to max. All you need to do is have a friend sit in a car while you stand on the hood and stomp on it (spam melee).

Flying is also quick, just find an easy flight race and repeat it until it's maxed.

So apparently setting the race time to Personal instead of World Record gives tons of RP, and winning races with Super cars can unlock mods for all classes, so right now I'm just doing 1 lap races on Criminal Record to level up and to unlock upgrades.
Holy shit, thank you for this awesome tidbit.

Even with passive on I still get griefed. I was biking around minding my own business when this psycho made it his life's mission to kill me. I evaded him for a while but eventually he got me.

They really need to make non griefing pve servers and let all the assholes play with each other.

Um, forgive my ignorance, but how do I get access to missions from Lamar, Lester, etc.? I can only find these Last Man Standing things and I don't want to do those.

TheJLC

Um, forgive my ignorance, but how do I get access to missions from Lamar, Lester, etc.? I can only find these Last Man Standing things and I don't want to do those.
You just started? You will have to level up before they become available. They will call you, or you will have the option to call them if they don't send you a job to ask for one.

You just start up? You will have to level up before they available. They will call you, or you will have the option to call them if they don't send you a job to ask for one.

Ah, I'm only at level 4 right now. Looking at the mission list I have to be level 5 to start one up. Thanks.

It's a crapshoot whether a nearby player will be friendly or try to kill you. Sucks if you're not constantly up for random deathmatch. Getting all paranoid because of all the jerks, and actively trying to avoid other players is also bad. As is being discouraged from trying goofy stuff that'll probably kill you and/or someone else in some amusing fashion. It's just bad all around.

Hopefully Rockstar will eventually come up with solutions for this stuff. But until then, if someone intentionally shoots me dead or runs me over for no good reason, I'm hunting them down, personally and with bounties and whatever else I've got unlocked. I absolutely will not stop. Unless they're in an aircraft. That might do it.

Xamdou

Me too! Actually I did it a few hours ago, with two other people, and I died like 4 times, but still.

It's a good way to get free guns that you've unlocked.

How do I unlock the survival mode option? I just randomly joined another players game just to play survival.

How do you increase strength and flying?

I heard it was 20 punches on a person per 1% and 10 minutes of flying per 1%...

There is a trick I heard of for strength. If you have someone in a car (Crew member, non-npc) you can beat up the car while they are in it. It will count as punches, attract no cops, and raise your strength. Suppose to take about 15 mins.

Grinchy

Banned
I need some PSN buddies who play this game online. I do have a mic and I play with some real life friends whenever they're on.

I'm Grinchy on PSN.

Karak

The main thing this game needs is group instances. I am really disliking all the other peeps. I had 1-2 great interactions though it was fun, the rest was hanging with a personal friend and randomly turning passive on and off so that people would leave us "somewhat" alone between robberies.
When do new missions unlock. There is nothing but deathmatch and me robbing stores right now.

Gaz_RB

The main thing this game needs is group instances. I am really disliking all the other peeps. I had 1-2 great interactions though it was fun, the rest was hanging with a personal friend and randomly turning passive on and off so that people would leave us "somewhat" alone between robberies.
When do new missions unlock. There is nothing but deathmatch and me robbing stores right now.

You can have solo and invite only sessions. Cool missions come at around 25. Don't forget to call Gerald and Lamar for more coop missions.

Karak

You can have solo and invite only sessions. Cool missions come at around 25. Don't forget to call Gerald and Lamar for more coop missions.

Thanks!
How do you do invite only? My friend and I kept getting killed by random other dudes?

Level 25 eh? Ok well that is cool I guess. I am level 4 after hours of total frustration and just driving around wanting to do something cool:(

Gaz_RB

Damn, I keep randomly getting kicked from games tonight...

Thanks!
How do you do invite only? My friend and I kept getting killed by random other dudes?

Level 25 eh? Ok well that is cool I guess. I am level 4 after hours of total frustration and just driving around wanting to do something cool:(

Lol level 4. Yeah this game can be a bit tough to get over the first hill but it gets way more fun after you understand how the systems work. Once you get into the groove, you'll leek up faster. If you're on 360, you can add me, I'll get you some better missions.

I think the option for solo session is under start>online. Then you can invite. Idk though, I've never done it. I know it exists though.

Top Bottom