• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Only "evidence" I've seen is a fake twitter screenshot.

I could believe Rockstar banning the people posting the videos on how to do the exploit, or people publicly saying "fuck that I'M DOING THIS!" (still doubtful on the latter)

I mean, really, what does it matter? You can make $100k an hour. If you coordinate with a crew and play Rooftop Rumble with a spectator restarting, you can make $500k an hour if not more.

Ding-Ding

Little kids. I can't count the times I've been ganked, then spawned near the ganker, and massacred them only to hear high-pitched pre-pubescent anger explosions.

Yeah, its amazing just how many kids I have heard today screaming down the mic (I do wish their balls would drop so they stop sounding like girls).

Also, if I hear one more person say 'ma nigga' I may just go on the rampage

Future

How are you guys dying so often? White dots on my radar are considered hostile regardless of what they're doing unless it's a friend or a crewmember. If you drive by some jerkoff using autoaim to snipe people out of cars, just swerve like a lunatic and drive off. If you DO get killed, spawn fully ready to kill your attacker. 9/10 times if I retaliate successfully I don't have another issue with the person.

If all else fails, join another session, or play invite only!

I hardly ever get killed anymore. Cuz I just shoot first and watch my back at all times. Even crew can be the enemy. Only people I know that are legit are people on my actual friendslist.

Problem is that gameplay is largely uninteresting unless I go full asshole mode and seek out players. Cuz alternative is an always cautious playstyle of avoiding most players.

I hardly ever get killed anymore. Cuz I just shoot first and watch my back at all times. Even crew can be the enemy. Only people I know that are legit are people on my actual friendslist.

Problem is that gameplay is largely uninteresting unless I go full asshole mode and seek out players. Cuz alternative is an always cautious playstyle of avoiding most players.

What's your player ID?

Kajiba

Only "evidence" I've seen is a fake twitter screenshot.

I just wouldn't do it to be honest. Grinding missions over and over again should not be a problem in the future when R* start checkig accounts. But straight up glitching the paint shop when you're only supposed to sell something once every 48 minutes to an infinite amount times doesn't look right. That's straight up glitching man. Would not do it.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member

Meh I guess I'm still pulled in by missions enough that I haven't gone looking for free-roam gameplay much.

I will say that the free-roam functions MUCH better than GTAIV's did at this stage of its release. Oh dear god I remember some absurd bugs and the lag, oh god the lag. Sure, you weren't really losing progress for dying, and the bugs/lag could result in hilarious shit, but GTA:O is much more of a coherent game than GTAIV online was.

All of that being said, Rockstar could stand to label players ala Day Z - not necessarily good and bad sports, but perhaps something like chaotic-passive on a spectrum and color the player dots accordingly.

Batigol

Banned
There's a warning on my clan feed now that I can't be trusted and one fella said to "kill on site"

For the past few days they've been ganging up and killing me pretty brutally. I brought a lot of it on myself, tbf and I can take it.

But little do they know is I've been grinding like a beaver in private and managed to rank up a little and make some cash.

Little do they know now is that I've unlocked Lester and on top of that I'm sitting on 100k plus. So earlier I was putting bounties on all of them and listening to them freak out. After a while they started coming after to me (there was 3 on the server) but I got random people to help. So I was fighting me own clan outside ammunation with some randoms I've never seen before

We won

Batigol 1 - Batigol's crew 0

Bitches

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I just wouldn't do it to be honest. Grinding missions over and over again should not be a problem in the future when R* start checkig accounts. But straight up glitching the paint shop when you're only supposed to sell something once every 48 minutes to an infinite amount times does look right. That's straight up glitching man. Would not do it.

Well, to be fair, at this point you can't do it infinite amounts. You can sell an insured car twice instead of selling a car once every 48 minutes, and you keep the car.

I fully realize that this is still an exploit, but it's not infinite.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
There's a warning on my clan feed now that I can't be trusted and one fella said to "kill on site"

For the past few days they've been ganging up and killing me pretty brutally. I brought a lot of it on myself, tbf and I can take it.

But little do they know is I've been grinding like a beaver in private and managed to rank up a little and make some cash.

Little do they know now is that I've unlocked Lester and on top of that I'm sitting on 100k plus. So earlier I was putting bounties on all of them and listening to them freak out. After a while they started coming after to me (there was 3 on the server) but I got random people to help. So I was fighting me own clan outside ammunation with some randoms I've never seen before

We won

Batigol 1 - Batigol's crew 0

Bitches

Question: why is Batigol still in said crew??

Meh I guess I'm still pulled in by missions enough that I haven't gone looking for free-roam gameplay much.

I will say that the free-roam functions MUCH better than GTAIV's did at this stage of its release. Oh dear god I remember some absurd bugs and the lag, oh god the lag. Sure, you weren't really losing progress for dying, and the bugs/lag could result in hilarious shit, but GTA:O is much more of a coherent game than GTAIV online was.

All of that being said, Rockstar could stand to label players ala Day Z - not necessarily good and bad sports, but perhaps something like chaotic-passive on a spectrum and color the player dots accordingly.

give this man a job. That's exactly what's needed. A player that does a lot of coop missions, doesn't leave, etc. would be a friendly player, then you would have neutral and chaotic players too.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
give this man a job. That's exactly what's needed. A player that does a lot of coop missions, doesn't leave, etc. would be a friendly player, then you would have neutral and chaotic players too.

Well, on the other hand it may be Rockstar's plan to NOT include anything like that because yes, there are kill-anything-on-sight jerks who probably don't really care about the longview in the game, there are also moments where it's like "oh shit, that guy's driving towards me while I'm robbing this store, I'm so dead" and then the player proceeds to just come into the store, wait until you're done robbing the cashier, kill the cashier, and then follow you with a RIDICULOUS horn for five minutes and then dart off.

Maybe Rockstar could give people the option ("hardcore" and standard, standard being the tendency labeling system).

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Someone told me you get more xp or something

Plus I'm lazy

You get more xp if you do missions, events, etc. with other crew members, but if you aren't doing those and are just killing each other in free roam then as far as I know you don't get anything from it at all besides getting griefed, lol.

torontoml

Had a guy put a bounty on me today, then sent me a text saying "Evilore can't help you now..." guess someone is a little upset with gaf.

saunderez

I think the biggest problem is that being griefed kinda has a domino effect. Me and my crew were griefed multiple times and snapped. We proceeded to harass some guy from a chopper, laughing manically as this poor guy ran for cover whilst avoiding our wildly inaccurate pistol fire. Good times. We all decided we were being pretty poor sports and put an end to that but it was a lot of fun.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Had a guy put a bounty on me today, then sent me a text saying "Evilore can't help you now..." guess someone is a little upset with gaf.

Lol, how much was it?

A friend and I share all bounties that are out on either of us, as long as we don't lose out on money from dying and don't make it back from the bounty were quite happy to get killed by the other. It gets to a point sometimes where it is almost like a third viable income in between selling cars and doing missions from the number of bounties that have happened some days.

torontoml

Lol, how much was it?

A friend and I share all bounties that are out on either of us, as long as we don't lose out on money from dying and don't make it back from the bounty were quite happy to get killed by the other. It gets to a point sometimes where it is almost like a third viable income in between selling cars and doing missions from the number of bounties that have happened some days.
5 grand.

I just wouldn't do it to be honest. Grinding missions over and over again should not be a problem in the future when R* start checkig accounts. But straight up glitching the paint shop when you're only supposed to sell something once every 48 minutes to an infinite amount times doesn't look right. That's straight up glitching man. Would not do it.
Rockstar should just patch the damn exploit and then get on with it. It would look a bit hypocritical to be banning players for using a menu bug to make money after so many people lost all of their progress through the player corruption bug.

Gaz_RB

Was heading to the clothes store on my motorcycle and noticed I was being tailed. When this happens I never shoot first, but assume hostility. Wary, I entered the clothing store, saw him approach, and then back off and go around the side of the building. I knew he was planning something, but I couldn't figure out what it was until I walked out and heard a beeping as I got closer to my Ruffian. The fucker had a sticky bomb on my ride! Kinda clever I guess, but I just took off running until he gave chase, then turned around and shot him off his motorcycle. Punk.

Then I shot the sticky bomb so he'd get some bad sport points because I am a huge dick

You know, there was a fucking reason I never played on PVP servers or bought DayZ. And it's to avoid griefing bastards. I'm staying out of GTA online until they figure out a way for me to either not get randomly capped on the street while I'm just driving or just go from mission to mission.

/butthurt

Gaz_RB

You know, there was a fucking reason I never played on PVP servers or bought DayZ. And it's to avoid griefing bastards. I'm staying out of GTA online until they figure out a way for me to either not get randomly capped on the street while I'm just driving or just go from mission to mission.

/butthurt

At least you know that you're butthurt.

MAX PAYMENT

/butthurt
Passive mode!

/butthurt
Well in GTA's case, you just respawn but don't lose anything. Unlike DayZ where your days (even weeks) of survival and gear is wiped out because billy thought it was funny.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
you can't have much more fun than jumping on the train, wedging yourself between 2 box cars near the front, and shooting at shit to raise your wanted level to 5 stars, but the cops can't find you.

you can pretty much start a lot of shit online too because no one will be able to catch up with you until the train makes a pit stop 3 loops in.

a cop found me on the train once and tried to run his cop car into the locomotive. Sadly he didn't survive.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Reppin' da GAF

0_0.jpg

Nice. Seems I was finally able to pick the transparent emblem. The ones previously had an ugly white box around them. Guess it's time to paint the g-ride.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
you can't have much more fun than jumping on the train, wedging yourself between 2 box cars near the front, and shooting at shit to raise your wanted level to 5 stars, but the cops can't find you.

you can pretty much start a lot of shit online too because no one will be able to catch up with you until the train makes a pit stop 3 loops in.

a cop found me on the train once and tried to run his cop car into the locomotive. Sadly he didn't survive.

Cops aren't so smart in GTAO

Had some mission where you end up going to cop HQ to blow up a riot van.. ended up hiding in a small balcony that had a ladder just in front of it to get to the upper level (a street). Trying to get to me, cops kept climbing up the ladder and then jumping backwards to their deaths. I counted 9.

Just got called a faggot for winning a race.

Love the randos.

I got probably the most offensive message I've ever received after a race today.

Guy tried to muscle me out on the first lap of a race and I managed to stay in control (but fell back a few places). In almost exactly the same place on the second lap I come up behind him and give him a perfect nudge to completely spin him out.

He got really mad.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I got probably the most offensive message I've ever received after a race today.

Guy tried to muscle me out on the first lap of a race and I managed to stay in control (but fell back a few places). In almost exactly the same place on the second lap I come up behind him and give him a perfect nudge to completely spin him out.

He got really mad.

People are pathetic.

Top Bottom