• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Be proud GAF. Be proud.

img_20131013_115315vbreo.jpg

img_20131013_115919w8r89.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Thanks!
How do you do invite only? My friend and I kept getting killed by random other dudes?

Level 25 eh? Ok well that is cool I guess. I am level 4 after hours of total frustration and just driving around wanting to do something cool:(

There is no way you should still be level 4. Do races, do deathmatches, do the missions that come from Lamar and Gerald on your phone. Free roam is just a lobby, it'll take forever to rank up in there.

Level 25 and the missions are starting to get more interesting now.

Still sad that it's taken probably 20 hours to get to the good missions, and moreso than the missions are still pretty bad MMO-esque quests...

Thanks. Yeah i like the injection too, where do i locate the merryweather jeep?

I haven't done it myself and I'm not sure what rank you need to be before you unlock the ability to call in Merryweather to kill other peeps, but you could do what this guy did -

Sent some mercenaries on someone just so I could steal this from them:

0_0.jpg

i regret not stealing both versions of this jeep in offline mode, it's a beaut.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I've had a bounty on me (npc) for two days. It keeps following me with each instance. How do I get it off?

do you mean two days in the real world or game world?

the way it should work is if you survive for 24 hours (it's about half an hour of in-game time) you get the bounty

Milchjon

Man, it feels like those races are mostly random with that fucking rubberband shit. Going full speed for a mile, suddenly someone's going by who's going 30 mph faster.

Edit: Did I read correctly that R* was giving out in game money due to that server shit? How do I get that?

I got a list of cars sent to me by the garage guy and when I found one and returned it to him he paid me handsomely and said he would contact me when he needed more. The list of cars is now gone though. Not sure if I deleted it or you're only required to get one off the list until he contacts you again.

Does anybody know what's up?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I got a list of cars sent to me by the garage guy and when I found one and returned it to him he paid me handsomely and said he would contact me when he needed more. The list of cars is now gone though. Not sure if I deleted it or you're only required to get one off the list until he contacts you again.

He'll send you a list of 5 or so cars ever now and then and you only need to collect one.

I usually forget I'm suppose to do those until I get in a car and a message comes up telling me he's looking for this.

Man, it feels like those races are mostly random with that fucking rubberband shit. Going full speed for a mile, suddenly someone's going by who's going 30 mph faster.

Edit: Did I read correctly that R* was giving out in game money due to that server shit? How do I get that?

you get the money automatically in two 250,000 installments if you played the game this month.

And people who speed past you probs were in your slip stream

That's probably a slip streaming car or "drafting." The effect is over pronounced, but it's an arcade racer so it makes it a lot more interesting. If you are within like ~50 ft of a car you can start to slipstream them, which gives you a big speed advantage.

Rubber banding is a setting that the host can set... "Catchup" or whatever it is. I don't really know how it works in a regular race, but I know it gives more goodies in GTA Race to someone who's behind... But it wouldn't effect two cars that are close. That's slipstreaming.

1/2 The money will get deposited sometime this week.

tehPete

Banned
Just jumping in to do some RP farming for a bit with the race glitch if I can get it to work! Looking for someone to invite, PS3 version, anyone game?

JCtheMC

You steal one car off the list, deliver it to the garage. You get paid, and the list disappears. After a while he texts you his new wishlist. Rinse. Repeat.

HiiiLife

Little shit said he would ban me for killing him. So in return, I kept on killing him. Haha. He switched lobbies and I followed suit just to fuck with him some more. Popping his tires while he's robbing a liquor store and seeing him get fucked over by the cops was lovely. I even went as far as to put sticky mines in his trunk and detonating them whenever he tried to hide in alleyways. Or setting up shop outside and just simply sniping him as soon as he stepped outside of his apartment.

I don't take kindly to threats lol. And if some random tried to start shit I'm going out of my way to fuck you over by any means necessary. Even getting a fighter jet if I need to.

red731

Little shit said he would ban me for killing him. So in return, I kept on killing him. Haha. He switched lobbies and I followed suit just to fuck with him some more. Popping his tires while he's robbing a liquor store and seeing him get fucked over by the cops was lovely. I even went as far as to put sticky mines in his trunk and detonating them whenever he tried to hide in alleyways. Or setting up shop outside and just simply sniping him as soon as he stepped outside of his apartment.

I don't take kindly to threats lol. And if some random tried to start shit I'm going out of my way to fuck you over by any means necessary. Even getting a fighter jet if I need to.

You like, put on your happy feet when threats are made, man
KuGsj.gif

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNlON5YZZLU

Basically you are just beating your own personal split time on a few laps and giving you big RP boosts. There area few settings to make it work best. (Track: Criminal Records, Custom Cars On, Traffic On, Wanted Levels On, Catchup Off, Split times set to Personal).

So that's why I noticed a lot of Criminal Records invites. If only I knew I would've stayed in there.

DogMeat77

So that's why I noticed a lot of Criminal Records invites. If only I knew I would've stayed in there.

Yeah the best part is that everyone in the race gets RP boost, not just the winner. I've just been inviting randoms. Some of them get it and replay... some of them don't lol

EDIT:
Where does the crew emblem show up on the Adder? Can't see it at all... :/

Front middle.

HiiiLife

Dammit. I wish I knew about that racing trick a few hours ago. Currently, my party solely plays Survival for that 20k and xp. But we'll probably farm that race tonight. At this point, I'm more concerned about leveling my character up rather earning money anyway. Sitting on 200k and all I ever do is buy ammo and guns. No interest in buying apartments, garages, vehicles or clothes.. Yet.

Acorn

Dammit. I wish I knew about that racing trick a few hours ago. Currently, my party solely plays Survival for that 20k and xp. But we'll probably farm that race tonight. At this point, I'm more concerned about leveling my character up rather earning money anyway. Sitting on 200k and all I ever do is buy ammo and guns. No interest in buying apartments, garages, vehicles or clothes.. Yet.
My main goal is to get a Adder. I've got a 10 car Apt so that's all that remains for me.

HAHHAHA This is freaking hilarious!!

HiiiLife

My main goal is to get a Adder. I've got a 10 car Apt so that's all that remains for me.

I really want to purchase the equivalent of the Ferrari in multiplayer, I just haven't made the effort to put money towards it just yet.

HAHHAHA This is freaking hilarious!!

Haha. He was trying his hardest to convince the lobby that he was a mod too.

"That's right motherfucker, I'm a moderator. I'll remember your name, and I'm banning you first thing in the morning. Enjoy your last night on Xbox Live, prick."

Kid was no older than 14. Lol I was weak.

And yeah, if you guys wanna fuck with a player, pop his tires while he's knocking over liquor stores. It really is funny as hell seeing them skid all over the place, crashing head on into a light pole. It's even funnier hearing how shocked they are. "Who the fuck shot my tires?" Hahahahaha.

Okay guys I'm starting a RP farming Criminal Records lobby. So if any of you recieve an invite from UziPinkyRing, do accept if you want to join in on the goodness.'

EDIT:
And yeah, if you guys wanna fuck with a player, pop his tires while he's knocking over liquor stores. It really is funny as hell seeing them skid all over the place, crashing head on into a light pole. It's even funnier hearing how shocked they are. "Who the fuck shot my tires?" Hahahahaha

HAHAHHAAH Oh my God I'm in tears man you're freaking hilarious I have to try that.

DogMeat77

Okay guys I'm starting a RP farming Criminal Records lobby. So if any of you recieve an invite from UziPinkyRing, do accept if you want to join in on the goodness.'

EDIT: .

HAHAHHAAH Oh my God I'm in tears man you're freaking hilarious I have to try that.

Im hosting lobbies with randoms... I'd rather do the farming with you guys. Can you invite me. I'm in the main gaf crew.
EDIT: NM just got the random invite :p

Tankshell

First attempt at playing online (ps3) after 100% single player, created character, finished first race then failed to connect to lobby. Booted back to single player mode but my character isn't spawning.

Fuck this game online. Life is too short.

Top Bottom