• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Shout out to Escalation and couple of other Gaffers (whose PSN names I forgot) I played eariler (PS3 GAF crew), it was fun couple of races and tense survival. Too bad we didn't manage to beat last 2 waves :/

J4g3r

Enough Chrome, GAF?

0_0.jpg

animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

nbraun80

So I'm parachuting into town and see a passive mode guy so I land near him being he probably won't shoot me. I look at him and he's standing on his car and proceeds to flip me off. At this point I toss a grenade his way and blow up his car. I then get in a car and try to ram him. He gets on a barrier and keeps flipping the bird. At this point a fire truck arrives to put out his car which I promptly steal. As I'm doing that he makes a run for it. I chase him down and spray his ass to death with H2O. As I'm driving away I get a message that he has put mercs on me and a 9k bounty. He sends a txt saying I'm dead, I then quickly get to my apt and send him one back saying not in my apt. ;)

dude was just sitting there trying to antagonize ppl and being cool standing on barriers in passive mode. What did he expect was going to happen. It was his wasted 15k I guess.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So I'm parachuting into town and see a passive mode guy so I land near him being he probably won't shoot me. I look at him and he's standing on his car and proceeds to flip me off. At this point I toss a grenade his way and blow up his car. I then get in a car and try to ram him. He gets on a barrier and keeps flipping the bird. At this point a fire truck arrives to put out his car which I promptly steal. As I'm doing that he makes a run for it. I chase him down and spray his ass to death with H2O. As I'm driving away I get a message that he has put mercs on me and a 9k bounty. He sends a txt saying I'm dead, I then quickly get to my apt and send him one back saying not in my apt. ;)

dude was just sitting there trying to antagonize ppl and being cool standing on barriers in passive mode. What did he expect was going to happen. It was his wasted 15k I guess.
You actually get a refund in the mercenaries can't kill the person.

Batigol

Banned
Simeon missions are so worthless

"Fetch these fast moving cars on opposite sides of the map"

Takes like 15 minutes just to get one on top of chasing them down. Fuck that

Arcteryx

Time limit missions suck.

Yea especially when there is no mention of it being timed.

Failing a mission and getting NO reward after spending $5000+ worth of ammo = not doing it again. Which is why many prefer just grinding races/certain missions for guaranteed rewards.

The reward structure for this game just straight-up blows.

Trigger

Ridiculously awful work for little pay?

lol, that feels very in character for him.
XBMjaTZ.gif

KoyukiNL

Neo Member

The Lamar mission (I think) where you have to rescue one of his friends is even worse.

Moozo

Bought a ~150k apartment and instantly regretted it when I made another 50k on top of that super quickly. Oh well. Got that windfall soon

Little shit said he would ban me for killing him. So in return, I kept on killing him. Haha. He switched lobbies and I followed suit just to fuck with him some more. Popping his tires while he's robbing a liquor store and seeing him get fucked over by the cops was lovely. I even went as far as to put sticky mines in his trunk and detonating them whenever he tried to hide in alleyways. Or setting up shop outside and just simply sniping him as soon as he stepped outside of his apartment.

I don't take kindly to threats lol. And if some random tried to start shit I'm going out of my way to fuck you over by any means necessary. Even getting a fighter jet if I need to.

How did you follow him between lobbies?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Crews are only fun if your sole purpose is to kill other particular crews on sight.

I like placing bounties on other big crews like IGN, fuck them. They are allowed to have as many members as they want and don't have to be under 300 members.

Oh, I've also opened dialogue with Rockstar PR to see if GAF can have that exemption too.

louiedog

I like placing bounties on other big crews like IGN, fuck them. They are allowed to have as many members as they want and don't have to be under 300 members.

Oh, I've also opened dialogue with Rockstar PR to see if GAF can have that exemption too.

I was wondering about that. I see like 20 unique IGN tags a day.

Dabanton

Crews are only fun if your sole purpose is to kill other particular crews on sight.

Do the GAF crews have any rival crews yet? That would make things a hell of a lot more exciting if you saw a rival crew member and took them out.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been forum crew beef yet, I've seen a few guys with IGN as their tag name wandering around.

Haines

Banned

How did IGN acquire that exemption?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Somebody invite me to some stuff. Please.

On a side note I'm getting really tired of getting in a session with GAF then after it's over getting dumped into SP. Jesus.

waypoetic

Banned
Somebody invite me to some stuff. Please.

On a side note I'm getting really tired of getting in a session with GAF then after it's over getting dumped into SP. Jesus.

I joined your session but it didn't take long for me to get jumped by two griefers - so i wacked 'em both. I'm going back to my private sesh :p

It's a crapshoot whether a nearby player will be friendly or try to kill you. Sucks if you're not constantly up for random deathmatch. Getting all paranoid because of all the jerks, and actively trying to avoid other players is also bad. As is being discouraged from trying goofy stuff that'll probably kill you and/or someone else in some amusing fashion. It's just bad all around.

Hopefully Rockstar will eventually come up with solutions for this stuff. But until then, if someone intentionally shoots me dead or runs me over for no good reason, I'm hunting them down, personally and with bounties and whatever else I've got unlocked. I absolutely will not stop. Unless they're in an aircraft. That might do it.
There is no solution necessary, this is exactly y the game is fun. If i see u online i will kill you. It is a freeroam game of chess. Its gta man. Spend your money, then roam around freeroam being a murderer. Save your money and agree to play in pussy mode. The game is fun bc when ur in murder mode you get to try and find the pussy players. Perhaps even team up w a random to go kill some. Its fantastic and is exactly what it should be. U should fear death. As such u should fear me.

If u had nothing to lose ud have no fear and being a killer would be much less fun

Top Bottom