• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Why are all the missions so god damn fucking awful...

I'm level 25 and the missions still suck. There's no variety and the pay is shit for everything. When it costs for ammo and armor for every job, the payout isn't great.

Managed to get hold of one and its pretty tough, can also be modified!

(not online)

0_0.jpg

It's a beast, I wanted the version with the non-exposed rear though and only managed to nab this one. I wonder if you can keep cars when you replay missions...

on topic, the bounty system is great if you're a pacifist. Some guy killed me while i was running from the police and my car was impounded, so as I was flying to the impound with the cargobob to break my little angel out of her prison I put a 7K bounty on the guy, which was claimed as I was flying back over the mountains with my car. Almost the same satisfaction of killing them yourself and you get to be doing something productive in the meantime.

I like the calls you get from lester as well, makes it feel quite involved.

I was originally in two minds about the $500,000 from R*, especially as I personally only lost my car and a few thousand dollars out of the cloud saving errors. Now I think i'll just spend it all on bounties and use the money i actually earn to buy stuff i want

Nokterian

From playing all games i have on PS3 right now even Killzone 3 MP or AC3 MP all NAT is OPEN but in GTA V nothing works. What the hell rockstar i am not going to fumble around my router fix yo shit it's your problem not mine.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
let me get in on some criminal record

psn: jobber4wcw

i swear i won't kill you

yet

dosh

Playing with other BGAF members is something else. Thanks ted_wears_a_hat and xxDingerxx for the awesome session. I was dead at the time, but spectating dat final copter pursuit, damn.

It's also nice to have access to high level missions via invite even when you don't have the required level. $16000 and 2520RP were nice rewards.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shout outs to whichever GAFer I was doing race runs with yesterday! My gamertag is arvinater.

Some questions (haven't been able to keep up with this thread so these are probably all old queries):
1) Is it true there are only 3 interiors for 3 tiers of apartments? And if so, where is the line drawn in this list of apartments? seems kinda weird too that Eclipse 40th floor is the highest up but the 2nd most expensive, and IMO has the better view than the most expensive.
2) How many races do you need to do to unlock everything (assuming motorcycle races still unlock for all other classes)? Hearing 49 other places as I google around but I'm not sure.

duckroll

Shout outs to whichever GAFer I was doing race runs with yesterday! My gamertag is arvinater.

Some questions (haven't been able to keep up with this thread so these are probably all old queries):
1) Is it true there are only 3 interiors for 3 tiers of apartments? And if so, where is the line drawn in this list of apartments? seems kinda weird too that Eclipse 40th floor is the highest up but the 2nd most expensive, and IMO has the better view than the most expensive.
2) How many races do you need to do to unlock everything (assuming motorcycle races still unlock for all other classes)? Hearing 49 other places as I google around but I'm not sure.

There is no line drawn in that list. Those are all high end apartments. Anything with a 10-car garage will look the same. The other layouts are for the ones with a 6-car garage, and a 2-car garage iirc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There is no line drawn in that list. Those are all high end apartments. Anything with a 10-car garage will look the same. The other layouts are for the ones with a 6-car garage, and a 2-car garage iirc.
Ah, right, missed the heading there. Thanks!

duckroll

The apartments and homes need more variety. What if I want to be trailer trash out in meth country? C'mon R*.

It's not just the variety honestly. I'm generally disappointed in the interactivity and the lack of any sort of upgrade/customization path. There are all sorts of rooms and chairs/tables/etc in an apartment, but there's no way for friends to really interact together other than sitting in front of the TV. You can't sit around anywhere else, there are no group activities, and you can't even drink together since it's a solo interaction.

I think having a customization option where you can buy cosmetic upgrades, and also earn trophies and awards which you can put up on your wall, etc would add a lot of personalization to the properties. Instead they're just lazy stuff thrown together like everything else in GTA Online. Really disappointing.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's not just the variety honestly. I'm generally disappointed in the interactivity and the lack of any sort of upgrade/customization path. There are all sorts of rooms and chairs/tables/etc in an apartment, but there's no way for friends to really interact together other than sitting in front of the TV. You can't sit around anywhere else, there are no group activities, and you can't even drink together since it's a solo interaction.

I think having a customization option where you can buy cosmetic upgrades, and also earn trophies and awards which you can put up on your wall, etc would add a lot of personalization to the properties. Instead they're just lazy stuff thrown together like everything else in GTA Online. Really disappointing.

Card games. I want to play poker with my virtual buds. Dew it R*

dosh

What's even more disappointing is that cool activities (darts, stuff like that) are available everywhere in the world. Alss WhatRobEats said: poker games. RDR had them, and I spent hours playing.

I don't really need social activities in the apartments (drinking, or partying, or whatever), but mini-games would have been great. I'd love to have a bowling alley in the most expensive apartments for instance.

Gaz_RB

I'm really hoping they expand on apartment customization in one of their planned updates.

GTA Online is fun, but I feel like it's going to be way better in 6 months after I've gotten sick of it. That is, unless Rockstar can keep the new content compelling enough for me to stay.

duckroll

What's even more disappointing is that cool activities (darts, stuff like that) are available everywhere in the world. Alss WhatRobEats said: poker games. RDR had them, and I spent hours playing.

I don't really need social activities in the apartments (drinking, or partying, or whatever), but mini-games would have been great. I'd love to have a bowling alley in the most expensive apartments for instance.

I feel it's less about needing social activities, but rather seeing the intent behind the design of certain things and seeing how they've missed out on possibilities. Drinking and smoking are already available in the apartment, but as solo activities they don't really serve any purpose. Instead whenever you have friends in the apartment it just reminds you of stuff that you -can't- do as a group, which is just silly.

Having minigames in the apartment would be great too. Yeah I don't see why you can't install a dart board in your apartment, play some card games (While sitting at the table together! Which you can't do either right now!), or even
play GTA2 multiplayer together via a retro console on your TV!
*cough*

Considering how huge the scope for GTA5 is in terms of development team and budget, and how much attention they've been putting on the online mode, it sure has been disappointing on pretty much every front so far. :(

GQman2121

Banned
I was running with a few higher level players last night, and man are those Martin missions fun - and lucrative! $20 - 30,000 grand a pop. We were going in 6 deep and having a blast.

I've also started collecting Ballers and Felons at my Marathon Ave. apartment so that they're always at the ready for me to flip at LS Customs. Makes getting that $8 - 9,500 so much easier.

Really enjoying GTA Online now at rank 25. Actually getting missions that are fun to play with friends.

The second "Steal the Tanker" mission from Lamar was a blast... and the "Last Chopper out of Los Santos" from Lester was really great.. a super difficult mission for just two people. We had a blast and had to make several attempts to beat it.

The second steal the tanker mission we died so many times we had a great GTA moment of stealing the tanker by our own rules. We barricaded the street with cars we stole, knowing the tanker would be coming that way... He plows into the cars we stacked up, we managed to kill the guy, but quickly got heat on us. My friend was out of ammo and the cars kept ramming us.. we were near the finish and a truck blew us up.

We just sat there laughing about it.

So are people no longer having issues with lost progress?

I had a feeling they wouldnt have done the $500K PR if they didnt think they had the bugs solved, since that would just lead to even more bad PR.

duckroll

How's the second Steal the Tanker mission different from the first one? Oh, and FUCK Lester. Was trying to do that cop mission with a friend the other day. It was bullcrap. Unfun garbage. Blowing up cop cars sounds fun, but when you have to do it with a time limit, while going from place to place and finding the vehicles inside compounds and in hard to reach places, while getting chased and shot at... it's definitely not fun.

Gaz_RB

How's the second Steal the Tanker mission different from the first one? Oh, and FUCK Lester. Was trying to do that cop mission with a friend the other day. It was bullcrap. Unfun garbage. Blowing up cop cars sounds fun, but when you have to do it with a time limit, while going from place to place and finding the vehicles inside compounds and in hard to reach places, while getting chased and shot at... it's definitely not fun.

I played that mission with a GAF guy and we had a blast.

If you were playing solo, I see how it can suck. And the payout wasn't too great, but I was just glad to get an original mission.

duckroll

I played that mission with a GAF guy and we had a blast.

If you were playing solo, I see how it can suck. And the payout wasn't too great, but I was just glad to get an original mission.

I was playing with Dresden. It definitely sucked. It it were a 4 player mission, it would be way better. But nope, stuck with 2 players! :p

dosh

Considering how huge the scope for GTA5 is in terms of development team and budget, and how much attention they've been putting on the online mode, it sure has been disappointing on pretty much every front so far. :(

I agree. I've been really surprised to realize how poor the multi can feel at times. During missions or races, everything is mostly fine, in particular when you're playing with friends or people from your crew, because you know they won't race you to the mission blips and try to fuck you over at the end (when you're delivering packages to Gerald for example).

But the free roam mode has been disappoiting on so many levels. The apartments are one thing, but getting killed over and over by randoms and seeing your money disappear in the process doesn't really encourage people to try gathering and goofing around. Most players simply live in fear of each other.

Trigger

I'm really hoping they expand on apartment customization in one of their planned updates.

GTA Online is fun, but I feel like it's going to be way better in 6 months after I've gotten sick of it. That is, unless Rockstar can keep the new content compelling enough for me to stay.

Hah, very true. I feel like they're holding a lot of possible content back that could really help flesh out the game.

duckroll

Hah, very true. I feel like they're holding a lot of possible content back that could really help flesh out the game.

Considering how iffy the game has been so far, I don't think they're really "holding back" anything. It's probably simply not ready. Nothing about GTA Online seems ready.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So for the criminal records race, I was only getting like 1500-2000 RP, not the 7000 people were saying?

All of the RP is given during the race, pretty much. The summary screen only shows the RP you get at the end. I was in it a couple of times with you earlier (Daraman) and it was working correctly.

Dabanton

Nothing like racing to a crate drop and seeing another player also racing there. I let him get ahead. As I knew the NPC mercs would be waiting to put a cap in his ass. They killed him as expected I took them both out and shot the box and ran towards it grabbed the package. Then quickly opened my phone and started a mission Simeon had just sent me.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Nothing like racing to a crate drop and seeing another player also racing there. I let him get ahead. As I knew the NPC mercs would be waiting to put a cap in his ass. They killed him as expected I took them both out and shot the box and ran towards it grabbed the package. Then quickly opened my phone and started a mission Simeon had just sent me.
I'm almost always the only one who goes after a crate :(

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So for the criminal records race, I was only getting like 1500-2000 RP, not the 7000 people were saying?
It's given during the race itself per lap and only if you beat your own record consecutively. So plan your lap times (go progressively faster each lap). I was running 4-lap races earlier and got tons each lap. 5 laps isn't worth it as your reach the hard-cap on how much RP can be gained in one race.

Seep

Just had my main guys garage (modded dominator 20k wheels modded dubsta + 8 ballers) overwritten by my second characters (1 bog standard dominator) all because I deleted the second guy to create a new person.

Wanktastic!

DukeSucks

If I make a second MP character, and they share money, what about other stuff like rank, stats, guns, ammo, etc? It'd be nice to have a couple for variety, but don't want to grind multiple characters.

Arcteryx

Just had my main guys garage (modded dominator 20k wheels modded dubsta + 8 ballers) overwritten by my second characters (1 bog standard dominator) all because I deleted the second guy to create a new person.

Wanktastic!

Happened to my friend the other day: he lost 8 cars and had them replaced by the intro car for the deleted character.

If I make a second MP character, and they share money, what about other stuff like rank, stats, guns, ammo, etc? It'd be nice to have a couple for variety, but don't want to grind multiple characters.

Aside from money they don't share anything. Shitty system imo, especially since you can't really change your appearance post lvl 6. I'd be fine with it if things weren't locked by rank and were instead locked by money.

_Isaac

Wow. Everybody tries to kill you. I'm barely at level 8 or so, and I don't have much money. I spawned in the middle of the city, and I was going through the menu/phone trying to figure stuff out and this pair of dudes just shot me up. I then respawned a few blocks away, and they killed me again. I then respawned like across the street from them and they chased after me yet again. I had no downtime to just figure out what the heck I can do in this world. They were talking to each other in different languages too. I guess GTA really does bring people together.

Top Bottom