• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Seep

Happened to my friend the other day: he lost 8 cars and had them replaced by the intro car for the deleted character.

Aside from money they don't share anything. Shitty system imo, especially since you can't really change your appearance post lvl 6. I'd be fine with it if things weren't locked by rank and were instead locked by money.

Annoying. What's the reason you can't change appearance past level 6? Seems dumb.

It's given during the race itself per lap and only if you beat your own record consecutively. So plan your lap times (go progressively faster each lap). I was running 4-lap races earlier and got tons each lap. 5 laps isn't worth it as your reach the hard-cap on how much RP can be gained in one race.

7000rp for one race?!

Ted

Yeah man! That was me and Mikeside, so much fun was had with that. Mike was your horn admirer. Always up for doing missions with you, you're a good sport.

Good stuff, some of the later missions are pretty hard and really need some good team work.

Playing with other BGAF members is something else. Thanks ted_wears_a_hat and xxDingerxx for the awesome session. I was dead at the time, but spectating dat final copter pursuit, damn.

It's also nice to have access to high level missions via invite even when you don't have the required level. $16000 and 2520RP were nice rewards.

Yeah, really enjoyed that mission. I had no idea what to do at the end but Dinger seemed to have it all hand so I concentrated on taking out as many red dots as possible and then legging it...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My character looks good as is. But I tried playing this and there's too much waiting. Waiting and then being killed right away is too long for me.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Dunno. I'd gladly pay $100,000 for plastic surgery in this game lol.

Will probably come eventually, luckily having to go through 6 characters that barely got past level 10 allowed me to fine tune my characters look each time, pretty happy with what I have.

Imm0rt4l

I hate having to switch aim mode because a friend is in an aa lobby. I forget to switch afterwards, which is annoyung enough in itself

duckroll

So how do we stop getting invites from the NPCs about jobs you are already done with?

You can't. The job they offer is random. That's also the only way to replay missions you have already completed, so they can't remove that "feature" unless they actually do what people have been asking and just put completed co-op missions into the the Job selection tab so we can replay them at any time.

Lolz.

For those of you tired of getting spawn-killed, I think there is a setting in the options menu that allows you to change where you respawn.

jsnepo

You can't. The job they offer is random. That's also the only way to replay missions you have already completed, so they can't remove that "feature" unless they actually do what people have been asking and just put completed co-op missions into the the Job selection tab so we can replay them at any time.

Lolz.

That is terrible. I feel like I am being spammed. I can't ignore them altogether because new missions also pop out from them. Can't we at least find out if the mission being offered is already done? It can't be expected to remember the mission titles.

duckroll

That is terrible. I feel like I am being spammed. I can't ignore them altogether because new missions also pop out from them. Can't we at least find out if the mission being offered is already done? It can't be expected to remember the mission titles.

Many things about the GTA Online presentation/experience/interface is terrible. Rockstar claims they care about feedback and want to improve it:

Additionally, if you have any constructive gameplay feedback you'd like to share with us, please send it to our GTAOnline@rockstargames.com address where we're actively looking at what you're enjoying in the game so far, along with any suggestions you have for improving the experience.

Lol. No harm trying right?

Kajiba

Everybody looks like Jesse Pinkman.

pli9Rhl.gif

Have to admit that some people have crazy mix match clothes on lol.

RotBot

I've had to resort to purposely losing in tennis to get the Enjoy Your Stay trophy. I played 4 games normally before that, and every time the other player quits because I'm winning.

Does hiding in my garage for 48 minutes rid me of the bounty an NPC placed on me? I heard you have to survive 2 in game days and then the bounty cash is yours. Can I just hide in my garage?

Gaz_RB

Does hiding in my garage for 48 minutes rid me of the bounty an NPC placed on me? I heard you have to survive 2 in game days and then the bounty cash is yours. Can I just hide in my garage?

Unfortunately.

I miss the days when no one had apartments or garages and you could actually get bounties.

There needs to be a way to infiltrate apartments/garages. Like you go up, select infilitrate, and then you have one life to try to enter the guys apartment and kill them. And it would only work if the guy in the apartment had a bounty.

Unfortunately.

I miss the days when no one had apartments or garages and you could actually get bounties.

There needs to be a way to infiltrate apartments/garages. Like you go up, select infilitrate, and then you have one life to try to enter the guys apartment and kill them. And it would only work if the guy in the apartment had a bounty.

It would be too easy to troll people by destroying their cars in the garage. And if you didn't allow people to infiltrate the garage, you'd have to limit the guy with the bounty to just his apartment.. which wouldn't allow him to leave his apartment with a car.. it's just too messy.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Lolz.

They should just stick a timer on every mission, put them in a list as proper missions instead of those listed on there that aren't really, stick a timer at the end for say once an hour, and pow, sorted.

Unfortunately.

I was going to suggest not letting people in their properties wig bounties, but then we wouldn't be able to get to our cars etc., so really they should just pause the bounty timer when your in an apartment, I doubt it would be hard to do.

Wow. Everybody tries to kill you. I'm barely at level 8 or so, and I don't have much money. I spawned in the middle of the city, and I was going through the menu/phone trying to figure stuff out and this pair of dudes just shot me up. I then respawned a few blocks away, and they killed me again. I then respawned like across the street from them and they chased after me yet again. I had no downtime to just figure out what the heck I can do in this world. They were talking to each other in different languages too. I guess GTA really does bring people together.

yeah that's the game bro

you start as a hoodrat and you work your way up to being that G that just can demolish everyone on the map

it's hilarious how mad this makes you guys...seriously wtf? if you're worried about losing 5k then... spend your money? you have nothing to lose if you have a small amount of money

you either spend your life as a rich pussy running away from every blip on the radar, or you accept life as a broke nigga trying to kill everyone you see

it's your choice

why are you hoarding money? the only things you need more than 50k for is an apartment and a high end vehicle. which should be like one time purchases. everything else should cost much less than 50k which makes dying nbd. and the whole reason freeplay is fun is because people have stuff to lose. so half the people run away like bitches online because they fear for their virtual dollars. fuck your virtual dollars, if you are a bitch i will hunt you down and take them :)

Dunno. I'd gladly pay $100,000 for plastic surgery in this game lol.

Me too, It's the little things that make me angry. Like in the creator, you basically cannot have a light skinned character with dark eyes. It's weird as shit seeing asian characters with blue eyes.

Like my guy, he is suppose to be asian but without the awful yellow skintone (in-game) but the eye color is just throwing it off.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

At least give me the option for contacts, I know it could be possible as some of the makeup choices change the eye color.

*edit*

Here is one with different hair color.

0_0.jpg

Still looks Asian.

Just want to warn you:

I lost all my cars today again, including my buzzard helicopter for 1 750 000$, Entity XF for 795 000$ with mods worth > 100 000$ and my fully modded Feltzer.

This had nothing to do with the cloud servers. Its a bug. And its still not fixed.

Everything else is fine, mý char, my level etc.

The money I spent is gone.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc.../200310333-gta-online-my-cars-are-disappeared

Is there something you are in the habit of doing a lot, like switching off the game in your garage or anything? Kind of want to know to see if there is something to avoid.

Bollocks

So when can I mod cars?
I'm lvl14 and it said that I have new car mods unlocked, yet whenever I drive to LS customs I can either repair or sell the vehicle?!

Future

They should just stick a timer on every mission, put them in a list as proper missions instead of those listed on there that aren't really, stick a timer at the end for say once an hour, and pow, sorted.

I was going to suggest not letting people in their properties wig bounties, but then we wouldn't be able to get to our cars etc., so really they should just pause the bounty timer when your in an apartment, I doubt it would be hard to do.

Then the people that placed the bounty wouldn't be able to get you!

I'd prefer 20 s time limit in an apartment, garage, Los Santos customs, etc when there is a bounty on your head. Then like a 2 minute refresh on when you can re-enter.

With those rules it would be punishing to enter an apartment while being chased because the chasers would know the exits and could cap you when you reemerge (like waiting outside stores during robberies to kill robbers). When a bounty is placed, it should be game on from that point in survival.

Although I guess you could just keep accepting jobs to escape chasers haha. What the game really needs is more mechanics to keep you in the open world. More reasons to interact with other roaming players, more ways to get xp, more reasons to not warp out and join other groups constantly. When you go through that initial load and pop on the server, there should be a lot of fun to be had that doesn't involve immediately matchmaking another group of players, that will be disbanded yet again when the mission ends

sunnz

How does match making work?

Like can you only play MP with people in that free roam server? I never can get enough people for stuff like races or co op missions.

Kinda annoying.

dosh

Yeah, really enjoyed that mission. I had no idea what to do at the end but Dinger seemed to have it all hand so I concentrated on taking out as many red dots as possible and then legging it...
He handled it like a boss. When he destroyed the plane, I switched back to you mowing down everything near the hangar.

I was surprised at how long the level 40+ missions are. At level 20, you generally just go from A to B, retrieve something/kill someone, and then from B to C. And that's it.

I also had a very nice time with another member of BGAF on a mission where we had to land a plane at Sandy Shores. First tries were a bit clumsy, but when we nailed it, we nailed it hard.

it's hilarious how mad this makes you guys...seriously wtf? if you're worried about losing 5k then... spend your money? you have nothing to lose if you have a small amount of money

I have nothing against being killed by a random. Once. But when they clearly see you're new to the thing and don't know what the hell you're supposed to do but nonetheless decide to chase you again and again and again, things get tiresome rather quickly.
At the beginning you can't defend yourself, you can't put a bounty on your murderers, you can't do anything. And you probably won't be able to find the jerks when you're finally high-leveled enough to deal with them. Killing is ok, griefing is shitty.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
How does match making work?

Like can you only play MP with people in that free roam server? I never can get enough people for stuff like races or co op missions.

Kinda annoying.

Kinda annoying? Kinda? It almost completely breaks the game. Kinda doesn't quite describe it. I think teh most people I've ever been able to get in a game is 4. Maybe 5. It's a joke.

if you're in your apartment and afraid of being griefed/spawnkilled why wouldn't you just call lester and disguise yourself for 1 minute? does that not work while in an apt?? most people would just assume you left the game and leave, giving you about a minute to get away (which if you're in your garage, shouldn't be hard....IMO everyone should have a maxed out cycle....fastest getaway in the game, i recommend the akuma over the other fast one as it has better acceleration. take it from me, i've won over 50 races, most of which with 4+ people)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
How do I get a mission from Ron? Whenever I call him, the Request Job option is locked.

EDIT: Literally got the mission sent to me ten seconds after posting.

if you're in your apartment and afraid of being griefed/spawnkilled why wouldn't you just call lester and disguise yourself for 1 minute? does that not work while in an apt?? most people would just assume you left the game and leave, giving you about a minute to get away (which if you're in your garage, shouldn't be hard....IMO everyone should have a maxed out cycle....fastest getaway in the game, i recommend the akuma over the other fast one as it has better acceleration. take it from me, i've won over 50 races, most of which with 4+ people)

Are you on XBL or PSN? What's your gt/id?

Top Bottom