• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

BrikHog

Neo Member
So i was able to play around 30 mins or so, just the driving segment then me and another dude held up a small store. I guess the max amount of players at one time is 10? thats all I saw on my map.

You need a crew to get anything bigger done it seems.

clear31

I kept getting disconnected so just gonna wait to play online another day. It seemed fun though when I was able to actually play.

I robbed a store with some guy but he didnt give me any of the payout. I think he was just confused because we just stood there and stared at each other. I just hopped in a car and took off but see the store got checked off now

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Anyone have any tricks to get this first race started. I'm supposed to be waiting for a car per the dialogue but nothing is showing up. Tried to steal one and get the yellow line but no race.

This is in Solo mode btw.

Ding-Ding

Well my two outings didn't go well.

1st spawned my character in mid air. No intro just falling to earth followed by a hard lock. 2nd time I did see the intro, only to get dumped back to single player then being told my online character was corrupted.

So great start

So I dont play a lot of MMO's

Am I correct in thinking morning is relatively light load, and evening is when the most players come online?

anddo0

People were honestly expecting to get a perfect connection on day 1 for GTA:O, with the immense popularity THIS game gets?

Has the memory of Diablo 3 PC launch so easily forgotten. RockStar is a major dev, but NO developer is ever prepared for the mass of online logins of millions of people tying to hit the servers to play online on day one. Not even Blizzard could handle it, why do some expect Rockstar to be able to handle this differently?

This should have been expected.

I played D3 for 7 hours on launch day.

I've logged zero minutes online with GTA online.

They must have known the demand from all the Social Club stuff, and you know, actually knowing how many copies the game has sold.

This stuff is truly inevitable it seems.
Next up: BF4 beta clusterfuck.
And then the BF4 clusterfuck.

Needs repeating

There seems to be texture streaming/loading issues which is making characters look ass when being created, with that said, if you're eager to play now it seems you may not get a look you'll necessarily like, but they will look better in-game.

Ahh, I see. I made one who looked good a little but I haven't been able to get into the world to see how she looks.

Yeah I don't have a clue either, every girl I try to create looks fucking awful.

Me too. I only have two girls that look actually good. One looks like Angie Jolie when she was tomb raider and the other looks like Denise Richards

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
successfully created online character

and that's it!

can't join any sessions

Wait till you try to login again and that character you created is gone to the ether... it doesn't save.

True story.

Raonak

Banned
Couldn't connect.

pretty much expected it to be trash at launch. so ill wait a week. still havent got far in SP, so im okay.

Derrick01

Banned
So I dont play a lot of MMO's

Am I correct in thinking morning is relatively light load, and evening is when the most players come online?

Yes. It's only 9:30am on the east coast of America right now, earlier everywhere else in the country. Everyone's either at school or work. It's going to be a server bloodbath around 6pm today.

Reading all those comments about the char creation, I was thinking "naaah, can't be that horrible."

Yes it is...It's even worse than how people are describing it.

doby

ooo I just got a matchmaking error. Makes a change from cloud errors, jobs and activity errors and any other errors I've encountered so far.

Spat_triate

Yes. It's only 9:30am on the east coast of America right now, earlier everywhere else in the country. Everyone's either at school or work. It's going to be a server bloodbath around 6pm today.

That's the worst part. This is low traffic time. I can't even fathom the shit storm during evenings and weekends.

Norns

It won't be much different, the servers are getting hammered by the other side of the globe right now. America isn't the only country trying to play.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, this sure sounds like a proper clusterfuck! I mean, I expected it to be bad initially, but not quite this utterly broken. Thanks for beta testing it guys, I'll just wait it out.

noomi

Is it really this smooth online?!

gtaonlinefu1_by_xbulletz-d6os6lv.gif

and how does one flip people off like this to begin with?

Shady859

Glad the online is screwed up BF4 today it shall be!!!

I am unable to join session.... Oh well 47/69 in story I need that first anyway.

ieatzombies

They throw so much info at you all at once. It really is great from what I'm playing so far and I'm repping my gafstreet crew shirt with a pretty smooth jacket.

Top Bottom