• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Over a billion dollars people. Really wish R* and T2 would have dumped some of that in online mode. pft.

Linconan

Kept hitting Random on the Character screen, and got John Marston as my Father. LOL

oh,
and been trying to get online gaming since 8.30pm AU and now it's 10.50pm, and NOT ONE connection for a game. Fuck off Rockstar.
You should've had everything sorted and prepared
I had my doubts when online wasn't ready for the game when it launched, and this just confirms it for me.

Once i've got Next Gen in my hands, this is gone for good.

RaikuHebi

Banned
So let me get this straight. People are angry that a free add-on to a 60+ hour game is not working? Patience people, this game broke sales records, think of how many people are trying to connect at once.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yup. I even got a few stars and it took forever for the police to get there. I thought them killing me would reset the race but NOPE. Lamar vanished.
It's good to know that method only makes things worse.
Thought it was just me

Fuck it. I have class and work so hopefully after all that I can play
Yeah, currently he has not returned and I don't think he's going to this time.

Darko

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...6246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

Question: I'm having problems getting into GTA Online! Is there a list of issues Rockstar is looking into, so I can stay informed about the status of fixes for known launch issues?

Answer: We will be updating this page as often as possible with the status of issues we are aware of and looking into. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever major updates are posted, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen

Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages

Feorax

Oh wow, my PS3 locks up and dies every time I try to download patch v1.01.

That's really fucking poor. I hope no-one tries a staged online release again, I really don;t see the point.

Cess007

I keep getting the error than i can't host or something like that. Dunno if it's something with the servers or my Nat, but i guess i better go back to sleep and give it a try after work.

But yes, character creation is awful :/

Give them a break guys it's only been a few hours. It's like you've never experienced online issues before. Are we so quick to forget diablo??

This doesn't bode well for online only game launches like Destiny and Titanfall.

Come on Rockstar, you even had an extra 2 weeks to prepare!

NeoGiff

Yup. I even got a few stars and it took forever for the police to get there. I thought them killing me would reset the race but NOPE. Lamar vanished.

GTAO is terrible 1/10 brb trading in for Gamestop points

This exact same thing just happened to me. Intentionally got the cops after me. After taking ages to arrive, I let them kill me...instant respawn, and still no "race trigger" to be found. Couldn't even pause the game!

Managed to get snapmatic to upload:
0_0.jpg

Bullet wounds work to full effect in the multiplayer! My back was a riddled mess. Think my character looks nice enough.

How did you even get those lips. That's what I can't seem to wrap my head around. This is sorcery at its finest

Dead Man

So let me get this straight. People are angry that a free add-on to a 60+ hour game is not working? Patience people, this game broke sales records, think of how many people are trying to connect at once.

Free add on? No, it is part of the game that people paid for.

Edit: LOL I'm getting a blank screen trying to download the update.

This is absolutely insane. Over 15 million people have bought this game by now I guess, how the hell did R* not see the demand coming? That's a lame ass excuse. After all, they've sold a ton of copies, so know they how much is out there....

I wonder when we can finally start playing normally. I've still never been able to take a picture in the SP, because it couldn't connect to their damn Social Club bs.

they should put that Bubba Sparks song "ugly" for the gta character creation section

*dodges tomato*

my guy looks ok. i put hat and sunglasses on him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How did you even get those lips. That's what I can't seem to wrap my head around. This is sorcery at its finest
Needs repeating

There seems to be texture streaming/loading issues which is making characters look ass when being created, with that said, if you're eager to play now it seems you may not get a look you'll necessarily like, but they will look better in-game.

Mikey Jr.

Fuck was with the hours thing? My character defaulted to 7 hours on the couch. Uhhhh....wat?

So if I have 0 hours in legal and illegal work, I can't do missions? Still confused by that.

The Flash

Banned
SMH at some of the comments here. Yes, it sucks that a lot of us can't get on right now but R* very clearly told us to expect problems in the beginning weeks. More people bought the game than they expected and they are absolutely doing everything they can to get things going. I guess I just mentally prepared myself for the reality that I'd probably have problems getting on and didn't get my hopes up. Crap happens and there's no use crying over spilt milk. This is only temporary.

Darko

lol @ free. Most of the content is on the disc that we payed for.
Im sure they will get it together though, I mean they have to...

elyetis

So let me get this straight. People are angry that a free add-on to a 60+ hour game is not working?
No, because an entire game mod, not even available at release ( sorry it doesn't make it a free addon ), still isn't working for release, not because they didn't anticipate the sales, but like whith every big release with heavy server need ( like mmorpg ), they always choose too few server to save money, even thought it always end-up either with a non working multiplayer, or big waiting time in queue ( which they didn't even implement as a safe gard ).

whyman

This is absolutely insane. Over 15 million people have bought this game by now I guess, how the hell did R* not see the demand coming? That's a lame ass excuse. After all, they've sold a ton of copies, so know they how much is out there....

I wonder when we can finally start playing normally. I've still never been able to take a picture in the SP, because it couldn't connect to their damn Social Club bs.

Id say in a week or two it will be running fine. They can prepare for this but its to expensive. So they let it be a clusterfuck for the first few weeks and then less people play and it starts to work.

kiyomi

SMH at some of the comments here. Yes, it sucks that a lot of us can't get on right now but R* very clearly told us to expect problems in the beginning weeks. More people bought the game than they expected and they are absolutely everything they can to get things going. I guess I just mentally prepared myself for the reality that I'd probably have problems getting on and didn't get my hopes up. Crap happens and there's no use crying over spilt milk. This is only temporary.

Precisely. R* want this to work. Let them sort through the myriad problems that are gonna happen on any online launch. This is what happens, folks. Stuff breaks.

Hystzen

People are really angry and shocked this was not going to work perfect after the mess of the Social Club servers past 2 weeks....really?

noomi

Guys can anyone explain some of these online options, I see some options that say <BIRD> on foot and then in vehicle as well, there are different ones to chose form, are these emotes or something?

Also how the hell do you flip people off with both hands like that? OMG awesome!

REV 09

I got in and ran around but it seems to lack focus. There weren't any jobs or anything to do. How is this any different from Free Roam in RDR? Just seems pointless overall.

SMH at some of the comments here. Yes, it sucks that a lot of us can't get on right now but R* very clearly told us to expect problems in the beginning weeks. More people bought the game than they expected and they are absolutely everything they can to get things going. I guess I just mentally prepared myself for the reality that I'd probably have problems getting on and didn't get my hopes up. Crap happens and there's no use crying over spilt milk. This is only temporary.

This. I expected more from people that post on GAF. I mean who the hell didn't see this coming a mile away? Come on now.

Darko

I got in and ran around but it seems to lack focus. There weren't any jobs or anything to do. How is this any different from Free Roam in RDR? Just seems pointless overall.

you obviuosly didnt get very far, the whole map was littered with jobs, missions and races when I played. They dont show up till you do the tutorials (after you rob the store)

CzarTim

If the race triggered doesn't show up try restarting your console. Mine shows up now At least but it still doesn't start because of a connection error.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Everything is busted atm, everything.

Most importantly character creator:
Needs repeating

There seems to be texture streaming/loading issues which is making characters look ass when being created, with that said, if you're eager to play now it seems you may not get a look you'll necessarily like, but they will look better in-game.
if anyone having some errors or glitches with the online

1 - delete the update from your HDD (59MB)

2 - Clear System Cache for your HDD

3 - Play the game and update again.

that should fix everything.
Gonna give this a try now.

RaikuHebi

Banned
you obviuosly didnt get very far, the whole map was littered with jobs, missions and races when I played. They dont show up till you do the tutorials (after you rob the store)
Would you describe it as an expansion pack to the single player? Regarding the online solo missions?

For all these people acting high and mighty about "lawwl who didn't see this coming", for most people connecting online is working fine, but the actual tutorial isn't working properly. It's not down to too many people online, as it doesn't even load in solo. It's just glitched.

Maybe try it yourself before declaring yourself better than everyone else.

Am pissed I wasted 2 hours and all I could do was drive around without any missions or activities in solo mode.

However, the idea of playing my own character in a GTA world is awesome, I am still super excited to play the game when its fixed.

OmegaDL50

People were honestly expecting to get a perfect connection on day 1 for GTA:O, with the immense popularity THIS game gets?

Has the memory of Diablo 3 PC launch so easily forgotten. RockStar is a major dev, but NO developer is ever prepared for the mass of online logins of millions of people tying to hit the servers to play online on day one. Not even Blizzard could handle it, why do some expect Rockstar to be able to handle this differently?

This should have been expected.

Top Bottom