• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can someone show character creation options?
Imagine 4 of the ugliest people on the planet, these are your parents and grandparents, adjust sliders to choose how much you resemble grandmama, grandpapa, mama & papa. Then in lifestyle, don't choose criminal activity because it will make you look like a meth addict because criminals can never be attractive.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Is it really this smooth online?!

gtaonlinefu1_by_xbulletz-d6os6lv.gif

and how does one flip people off like this to begin with?
You can also do it in vehicle when unarmed and pressing L1.

Kizer

I hate the character creation of this game. Like the ancestral thing was an interesting idea, but is annoying to fumble around with. Also, seeing as how many people will be playing this, you'd think there would be a lot more choices in appearance.

I can't talk about any other portion of the game since I can't get in.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
All I want to know is does the game reload and kick you back to single player when there is a connection issue?

That was pretty much the worst multiplayer design choice of all time and made GTA4 multi unbearable.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
To do a jerk off motion, flip people off, etc. you push in both thumbsticks.

You can select what animation you do by using the 'Back' button (on 360, not sure on PS3) menu.

elyetis

It makes no financial sense for R to buy excessive amounts of servers for just one or two days.
Yup, and as a R* stockholder that make me very happy they didn't.

I hope people saying there is no free aim mode only are wrong, that would completly kill my interest for the multiplayer.

Hmm. It's now just telling me that the servers aren't available and I'll only get disc based content and no saving.

It used to say it simply couldn't connect. I wonder if they've turned off the servers while they fix this.

what the fuck, my character and my money and all of my profile is gone :/

why say "saving when exiting" if you won't do it.

go home rockstar, give me GTA IV's multiplayer, i liked that

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to do this. My character got deleted due to the race issue and I'm just fed now. Sooooooooo I wish I was in the BF4 beta to test this

rockstar already announced they are buying a bunch of new servers since sales were higher than expected.

I think launch day sales was 3 times GTA IV sales, they are near 20 million units now I would imagine.

so I think this gets fixed eventually, but they may have single points of failure so its hard for them to scale.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine 4 of the ugliest people on the planet, these are your parents and grandparents, adjust sliders to choose how much you resemble grandmama, grandpapa, mama & papa. Then in lifestyle, don't choose criminal activity because it will make you look like a meth addict because criminals can never be attractive.

That sounds so much like my life, it's scary. :)

LOL...all these initial reactions are so predictable. I don't even know why most of you guys are bothering today.

I’d just give it a few days before jumping in. The servers are probably on the verge of exploding at the moment.

Yeah, I don't get the posts of "I just tried GTA Online and it doesn't work what's going on??"

It's like.. guys... 20million sales... 2 hours after the opening gate... what do you expect.

Now, if it's still fubar by next week then, sure, that's shitty. But c'mon.

Twinduct

'Hey you're suppose to go the other way!'

Well, the inevitable connection problems means I can try (try) to make a character that doesn't look like a sack of shit. Back to the character creation... Shudder

Edit: Actually, scrap that. Now I'm stuck on the deleting character screen :/

Top Bottom