• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Don't really understand why blowing up someones car comes with a hefty penalty especially when it's self defence. For starters it should be insured and the game should pick up that if it was someone elses doing then don't make the premium so high. Secondly I thought that was part of the fun. Atleast let players destroy one or two cars but if the constantly do it then penalize them.

Dabanton

Just had to quit a mission which I rarely do but the other players were taking the piss it was one where you have to deliver the coke.

It was 6 players against me very fair odds.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just had to quit a mission which I rarely do but the other players were taking the piss it was one where you have to deliver the coke.

It was 6 players against me very fair odds.

That's because the host turns off Auto Balance in favour of stacking the teams. A Gaffer did that last night in a game I was in. 3 Gaffers vs 1 Gaffer and 2 randoms. On the team select screen he hopped onto our team and started the game. 4 vs 2. :/

Reached level 26 today, feels good to finally own the AK. Didn't expect this to be so much fun. Sure, there are still problems, but I am willing to cut Rockstar some slack, this together with the Single Player is ridiculous value.

KJRage

Sorry if this was already known/posted, but in free roam if you have a friend sit in a car and you just melee it, you can max out your strength in like 10-20 minutes. I did it with him sitting in his personal vehicle, but I'm sure it works with any vehicle they are in.

is the sultan a great car? i aleady have a comet and the free entity or whatever it is which i think are in the same class. sultan looks boss tho its tempting

Gaz_RB

Sorry if this was already known/posted, but in free roam if you have a friend sit in a car and you just melee it, you can max out your strength in like 10-20 minutes. I did it with him sitting in his personal vehicle, but I'm sure it works with any vehicle they are in.

Does your character get more buff? That would be the only thing that would make me do that.

nbraun80

How do you do it? I haven't done it with 4 players without losing most if not all our lives yet. I was thinking maybe if one guy parachuted down to take out the two that are nearby, and then the plane goes around and lands near the furthest one.
nope parachuting over those two with get your ass shot up. I got it down pretty well with just two people. Land the plane on the runway closest to the entrance and get a truck. Then just driving by the jets and have the passenger throw grenades as you go by. Once you get the third blown up circle behind the hanger where the cargobob is and park there. If you just pull up into the hanger you'll get shot up. Run around the hanger, have one person shoot random spawns that come at you while one clears the 3-4 in the hanger. Noe either both get in the hanger or just one and have the other stay there and provide cover fire while you take off. Only need one person to land it so one can stay behind and go out in a blaze of glory.

also a weird thing I noticed. If you die once you get into the plane(I.e. Run into the propeller) it'll spawn you in the base. So another option is to get into the plane then get out and kill yourself, avoiding to have to fly the plane there. Although you won't have any spare lives.

ALSO sometimes there's no semi's spawned in the parking lot so you'll have to just run to the first of the two jets and clear that area and take that jeep there.

I cant seem to find the non xs version of the sultan anywhere. Any tips for finding it?

Not sure that there is any good way to find one but after a good amount of time driving everywhere my brother found one in Paleto. Of course, once you see any one car you'll start to see dozens of the same so I found one for myself shortly after that near Lester's warehouse.

Yesterday was mental, so many randoms arguing over silly shit and then I got involved when I walk out of my apartment and a player is using the jerry can to set fire to the pavement. I ignore him and he starts shooting at me so I ran, took cover and threw a grenade. My apartment has a build up of traffic outside and he is sent flying into the air with the five car explosion. He puts a bounty on me and begins to send me abuse over Xbox Live.

I just laughed at how furious he must of been.

ScRYeD

what is the xs version? u can't buy a sultan online, can u? is it sports class when u get into it or race it?
There are 2 version of the Sultan. Uberwhater Sultan and the uberthingymajig sultan xs. The Sultan is supposedly a hard top convertible and has a a primary and secondary color. The other one has just one color. Both aren't for sale :(

Yeah, been posted and I need to find someone to do this with. Sucks it doesn't physically change your character, it's annoying that they have zero muscle definition. Unless maybe you choose to have that gym hours thing at the start maxed out. Hmm...

When I get back on I'll be doing some Criminal Records too on the PS3 side. But it probably won't be for another hour or so, also want to get myself a Merry Weather Jeep. My name is the same as here but with an "L" at the front and end of it because I lost my original PS account years ago when Sony decided to wipe their databases when they added new boards or some shit..

ScRYeD

Hit me up if you are on 360 and want to do some criminal recording.
Isnt the aquaduct race (forgot what its called) better. Its a little bit longer but you get more cash and rp from it, unless you cant get the rp trick to work on any othe track.

This game just doesn't seem to click with me online. like it takes far too long to get anything working great. Such a shame as I was looking forward to online and I found it kind of boring.

The Sultan is a classic GTA car and represents the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. I had it once in V, but it seems to be pretty rare. Great car for sure.

Also why are so many people boosting? I like how the missions slowly open up. Would just ruin the fun for me. The game feels very rewarding to me as it is, don't want to ruin that.

This game just doesn't seem to click with me online. like it takes far too long to get anything working great. Such a shame as I was looking forward to online and I found it kind of boring.

As for most online games, playing with randoms sucks. Try to get online with some friends and it will eventually click.

-Deimos

I noticed that I still have to pay insurance if another player blows up my car which is really annoying since my entity costs $10k to claim. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Gaz_RB

The Sultan is a classic GTA car and represents the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. I had it once in V, but it seems to be pretty rare. Great car for sure.

Also why are so many people boosting? I like how the missions slowly open up. Would just ruin the fun for me. The game feels very rewarding to me as it is, don't want to ruin that.

As for most online games, playing with randoms sucks. Try to get online with some friends and it will eventually click.

So where can I find the Sultan?

webkatt

Well that sucks! I just did the first mission after the race with Lamar. The one where you have to deliver coke. So I did it and boom I get shot in the head and die and lose all my money. It's okay. I'm going to remake my character because she is uggo!
The character creator really stinks btw.

Arcteryx

There are 2 version of the Sultan. Uberwhater Sultan and the uberthingymajig sultan xs. The Sultan is supposedly a hard top convertible and has a a primary and secondary color. The other one has just one color. Both aren't for sale :(

Sentinel you mean? The M3 looking car?

Sultan looks like a Evo/WRX hybrid.

bLaiSe

It started really slow for me too, just give it some time. I had to play like 10 hours till it clicked.

Haines

Banned
I guess I either need to make some PS3 GTA friends or I dont understand how this online works. It seems extremely hard to any missions, races etc with very many people in them. If I host one myself, Im lucky if anyone comes.

and when I do play missions its with someone without a mic.

How can a game with soo many people be playing it seem so trouble some to get people into races and missions etc? Do you guys just rely on friends?

bLaiSe

On what level Martin gives another mission than Out of court settlement? I might farm it some more today...

Just found out that you can make bank transfers with your phone. Well, that's handy.

sports class sucks...i already have the free rh8 and i bought a comet, now i want a sultan...but there's only 10 spots in my garage, have to be so selectful. currently have (* = maxed out)

bike: akuma*
offroad: injection*
compact: blista
SUV: Balla
muscle: gauntlet*, sabre turbo* (gauntlet is better car, sabre is just badass has best mods i've seen)
sports: rh8, comet
sports classic: monroe

i think for super i will buy the vacca....i want to try out the elise look alike but i've heard its top end is quite low despite amazing accelleration. i still need a sedan and coupe but there's no room for them, maybe i get rid of one of the sports but it's hard to pick between them especially since i want the sultan....maybe i'll ditch the blista

just come out with a 20 car mega garage rockstar, please! its so hard to choose. i want to pimp them all!

uberluigi

Banned
sports class sucks...i already have the free rh8 and i bought a comet, now i want a sultan...but there's only 10 spots in my garage, have to be so selectful. currently have (* = maxed out)

bike: akuma*
offroad: injection*
compact: blista
SUV: Balla
muscle: gauntlet*, sabre turbo* (gauntlet is better car, sabre is just badass has best mods i've seen)
sports: rh8, comet
sports classic: monroe

i think for super i will buy the vacca....i want to try out the elise look alike but i've heard its top end is quite low despite amazing accelleration. i still need a sedan and coupe but there's no room for them, maybe i get rid of one of the sports but it's hard to pick between them especially since i want the sultan....maybe i'll ditch the blista

just come out with a 20 car mega garage rockstar, please! its so hard to choose. i want to pimp them all!
Can't you buy more than one garage?

Top Bottom