• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I spent the evening trying to get some rare cars with my friends and I managed to get a Rat Loader and a Sultan. It's a bit of a shame you can't get a non-rusty version of the Rat Loader as it looks very cool when modded.

I spent the evening trying to get some rare cars with my friends and I managed to get a Rat Loader and a Sultan. It's a bit of a shame you can't get a non-rusty version of the Rat Loader as it looks very cool when modded.

any tips for getting the sultan? does it have good mods?

the cars in this game are like a better version of pokemon i swear

sports class sucks...i already have the free rh8 and i bought a comet, now i want a sultan...but there's only 10 spots in my garage, have to be so selectful. currently have (* = maxed out)

bike: akuma*
offroad: injection*
compact: blista
SUV: Balla
muscle: gauntlet*, sabre turbo* (gauntlet is better car, sabre is just badass has best mods i've seen)
sports: rh8, comet
sports classic: monroe

i think for super i will buy the vacca....i want to try out the elise look alike but i've heard its top end is quite low despite amazing accelleration. i still need a sedan and coupe but there's no room for them, maybe i get rid of one of the sports but it's hard to pick between them especially since i want the sultan....maybe i'll ditch the blista

just come out with a 20 car mega garage rockstar, please! its so hard to choose. i want to pimp them all!

If you can find a Sedan that has good enough speed and handling you can sacrifice the coupe. I only say this because you can roll deeper with the Sedan than the Coupe. Personally.. I have a small crew (5 guys) so I'm going Coupe over Sedan. Whoever doesn't catch shotgun can find their own ride. lol

Dabanton

On what level Martin gives another mission than Out of court settlement? I might farm it some more today...

Just found out that you can make bank transfers with your phone. Well, that's handy.

I'm level 31 and he will usually give you Out Of Court settlement if you ring him up and request a job. I've noticed he gives out Death From Above if you let him contact you.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
any tips for getting the sultan? does it have good mods?

the cars in this game are like a better version of pokemon i swear

I didn't get a chance to look at the mods before storing it in my garage but I found it right next to the Pay n Spray at the very north of the map. It's a known spawn point but it took about 40 minutes of going back and forth (to reset the cars) before I eventually found two at the same time.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Home in two hours, can't wait to grind tonite. If I can't get into Criminal Records I'll do the infinite money exploit. Win/win. (I lose too much money dying and want to buy a shitty property out in the middle of the map).

What happens if you're in Free Roam with a friend and you both own the same apartment? Whose apartment do you both enter?

louiedog

I just got sniped while on my phone in a car right after spawning into a new free roam session by a guy who wasn't showing on my map and lost $2,000 in the process. What a fun thing!

If they're going to penalize death, how about letting me buy insurance for $50,000 with a $50 co-pay or something along those lines?

Sold the 400k apartment and moved into the one I was gonna buy with my legit money. It's in a more central location, and near the helipads. When you trade down you lose (seemingly random) vehicles until they'll all fit in your new garage. You get zero money for them. 15% or some such for the apartment.

For those who didn't know, more expensive apartments are kind of pointless unless you really need space for 4 more vehicles. Just a longer distance to walk before you get to the door every time you log in. There's a couple more interactions, like a bong, green juice and a telescope, but who cares really.

What is the best four door? For me it's still the Bravado Buffalo. The Oracle and Lampadati are similar, but the Buffalo has a wee bit better acceleration IIRC.

Arcteryx

I just got sniped while on my phone in a car right after spawning into a new free roam session by a guy who wasn't showing on my map and lost $2,000 in the process. What a fun thing!

If they're going to penalize death, how about letting me buy insurance for $50,000 with a $50 co-pay or something along those lines?

Yea the post-mission spawn/default spawn(for those without apartments) is pretty shitty. It gets better once you have an apartment to hide in.

Sold the 400k apartment and moved into the one I was gonna buy with my legit money. It's in a more central location, and near the helipads. When you trade down you lose (seemingly random) vehicles until they'll all fit in your new garage. You get zero money for them. 15% or some such for the apartment.

For those who didn't know, more expensive apartments are kind of pointless unless you really need space for 4 more vehicles. Just a longer distance to walk before you get to the door every time you log in. There's a couple more interactions, like a bong, green juice and a telescope, but who cares really.

What is the best four door? For me it's still the Bravado Buffalo. The Oracle and Lampadati are similar, but the Buffalo has a wee bit better acceleration IIRC.

0_05ole1.jpg

Tailgater definitely. Handling is superb and the upgrade options are great. Plus, it just feels right for future heists driving a badass A6/RS6.

KAP151

Everyone seems to be in the expensive apartments up by the hills. I love my modest joint right next beach and mariner/heli pad spawn.

Qwell

For those asking about the Karin Sultan (WRX looking car) it spawns at the prison where you do the criminal records race fairly frequently. I drove around it for about 15 minutes and they started spawning, both me and my friend picked one up.

Arcteryx

You can't buy them though right? I want this one so badly.

The Tailgater? Sadly you have to find it. You can usually find one if Simeon texts you and it's on the list(check the Country Club or down around the parking lots near Vespucci Beach/Boardwalk); that or, create a new character and choose it as the car in the race. Then transfer it via a friend to your other character(works on PS3, but I've heard 360 players say they get put into a tutorial only mode and can't invite friends past the tutorial).

JDMC13

The Tailgater? Sadly you have to find it. You can usually find one if Simeon texts you and it's on the list(check the Country Club or down around the parking lots near Vespucci Beach/Boardwalk); that or, create a new character and choose it as the car in the race. Then transfer it via a friend to your other character(works on PS3, but I've heard 360 players say they get put into a tutorial only mode and can't invite friends past the tutorial).

Just wanted to add that I found mine, parked and unlocked, at the golf course.

Kajiba

There's a possiblity that you might not be able to do heist later on if you don't get the $200,000 up apartments. When lester first calls you in the game he tells you to get a premium apartment since he will have bigger jobs later down the road.

But if you don't care about that stuff than you can just throw what I said into the garbage lol. It will suck if you have to buy it over again just to do certain missions.

bLaiSe

I'm level 31 and he will usually give you Out Of Court settlement if you ring him up and request a job. I've noticed he gives out Death From Above if you let him contact you.

Ok, thanks! So I should just hang up the phone so he won't give me other missions right?

Professor

Neo Member
Is there anyway to check how much longer I have in the bad sport lobby? Apparently attaching sticky bombs to players cars like you're an Israeli assassin is frowned upon.

Everyone seems to be in the expensive apartments up by the hills. I love my modest joint right next beach and mariner/heli pad spawn.
Yeah, fancy luxury's boring. I'm in the blueish complex kind of straight over the helicopter parking space from your place. Looking at the map it seemed more accessible, car-wise.

I'd love to live in a crappy lil fishing shed on the beach or something though. Something with a little more personality. Just as long as it comes with safe parking for at least six vehicles. They really should let people own several garages. I'd move to the shittiest home there is. Debra's apartment would be fantastic.

Yea the post-mission spawn/default spawn(for those without apartments) is pretty shitty. It gets better once you have an apartment to hide in.

0_05ole1.jpg

Tailgater definitely. Handling is superb and the upgrade options are great. Plus, it just feels right for future heists driving a badass A6/RS6.
That's the same car Michael has right? Don't think I've ever seen one on the streets. Kind of didn't know it existed, so thanks for that. I'll make sure to cruise around the golf course more often.

There's a possiblity that you might not be able to do heist later on if you don't get the $200,000 up apartments. When lester first calls you in the game he tells you to get a premium apartment since he will have bigger jobs later down the road.

But if you don't care about that stuff than you can just throw what I said into the garbage lol. It will suck if you have to buy it over again just to do certain missions.
Suppose time will tell.

Maybe should put aside some of that R* giftbag, just in case.

Looking for a GAF clan to join. Old school SOCOMer here, and had some good times tonight that reminded me of those days. PM me if you can point me in the right direction. I'm on a lot and no bs.

webkatt

Hey cartoonhero5, You have to use these settings:

Step 1:Host Race - Criminal Records Race
Step 2:Turn catch up off. Custom vehicle on. Traffic on and wanted level on.
Step 3:Change split times to personal time not world record.
Step 4:Set laps to 3
Step 5:Invite players in. Works best with two because it's quicker.
Step 6:When you complete a lap you will get a big white bar of rp. Around 4k. Then you get. 1k for going through checkpoints and 1.4k for finishing first. In total around 7k rp a race.

7k rp comes through out the race not at the end, You'll see the bars raise after each lap

You look ridiculous!

Lima

Hey cartoonhero5, You have to use these settings:

Step 1:Host Race - Criminal Records Race
Step 2:Turn catch up off. Custom vehicle on. Traffic on and wanted level on.
Step 3:Change split times to personal time not world record.
Step 4:Set laps to 3
Step 5:Invite players in. Works best with two because it's quicker.
Step 6:When you complete a lap you will get a big white bar of rp. Around 4k. Then you get. 1k for going through checkpoints and 1.4k for finishing first. In total around 7k rp a race.

7k rp comes through out the race not at the end, You'll see the bars raise after each lap

You look ridiculous!

Step 2 is not required. The settings don't matter.

DogMeat77

Do more laps work better?

Doing more laps really won't help that much. This trick is all based on beating your personal split times. You get RP boost at the end of the first lap, and your 2nd should almost always be faster since you have a rolling start on it for another RP Boost. On a more or less circular track, improving your laps from then on is a bit more difficult. Also from what I understand you hit some type of RP cap applied per race.

Anybody know if there's a faster way to lower the time on how long you can sell your cars?

There used to be but it was patched. About all you have now is the bike sell glitch that allows you to infinitely sell motorcycles over and over.

Learned a valuable lesson today: when I steal a vehicle I want to own, I better get some insurance coverage for it. Lost two personal vehicles (explosion and impounded) that I won't get back because I never got them insured and lost a third personal vehicle that wasn't insured (don't remember how it was destroyed). Now the car placement in my garage is out of whack as a result

webkatt

Learned a valuable lesson today: when I steal a vehicle I want to own, I better get some insurance coverage for it. Lost two personal vehicles (explosion and impounded) that I won't get back because I never got them insured and lost a third personal vehicle that wasn't insured (don't remember how it was destroyed). Now the car placement in my garage is out of whack as a result

I too learned a valuable lesson. Don't sell you're Gauntlet in place of getting a Bati. I sold my vehicle in order to buy a Bati from the website. Apparently I cannot buy any vehicles until I own a garage/apartment.
Really?! Why can't I make that purchase my personal vehicle if I don't have another vehicle...

Spent 20K fixing it up my 2nd Gauntlet, it was all my money!

JerC

I don't even see the point in doing three laps in a race. I max at 5k a run and that takes one lap. Just need two people. It takes a bit over two minutes to do a race. Survival also maxes for me at 5k. So maybe it's just me that can't get 7k.

Top Bottom