• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Banzai

So what appartment is everyone getting? I figure with the "stimulus package" hitting at the end of the week everyone will get one.
I heard good things about weasel plaza 101, any other recommendations?

Here's another mission from Lester that pays a lot. It's a rank 50 (or 45) mission where you have to steal three small planes from the airfield. There will be enemies waiting. Once you steal the planes, attack helicopters will be coming after you. Luckily, there are three of the same helicopters at the airfield for those who won't be flying the planes. Once you get the planes in the air, you'll have to land them at the docks. This is the tricky part cause the landing spot is near the end of the dock itself. Right next to the freighter and below the blue steel beams. It will only take one plane to complete the mission, but if you leave a plane behind at the airfield, you'll have to go back and steal that one.

Can't remember the name of the mission ("Landing something") but completing the mission will get you $23k. Did this mission only once and we managed to land two planes safely, but I'm pretty sure if only one plane made it back in one piece, the payout would still be $23k

There's an annoying mask glitch that makes my character go bald. It sucks because then I have to go to the salon and waste money and time. Does anyone know a way to prevent this? I also can't but helmets anymore and my parachute is sometimes the rainbow and when I wear it, it's pink.

DogMeat77

There's an annoying mask glitch that makes my character go bald. It sucks because then I have to go to the salon and waste money and time. Does anyone know a way to prevent this? I also can't but helmets anymore and my parachute is sometimes the rainbow and when I wear it, it's pink.

lol yeah my guy seems to be fond of the rainbow shute and pink pack. I own that shit though. Haters gonna hate.

As far as the mask thing, I've noticed that too. I only used it once and stopped. Didn't see a point to continue using them unless you just like the look of one of them.

Astery

Spent 25k (3 deaths, car blown up by ppl but apparently I have to pay the insurance myself, called merry weather once just for the fun of it) to secure my first special crate drop.

Waited for 24 hrs in game time, the drop never happened (suppose to be within 5 hrs). I've tried leaving the circle area, loading up a mission and back out, it still won't drop. Fk this shite.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hey cartoonhero5, You have to use these settings:

Step 1:Host Race - Criminal Records Race
Step 2:Turn catch up off. Custom vehicle on. Traffic on and wanted level on.
Step 3:Change split times to personal time not world record.
Step 4:Set laps to 3
Step 5:Invite players in. Works best with two because it's quicker.
Step 6:When you complete a lap you will get a big white bar of rp. Around 4k. Then you get. 1k for going through checkpoints and 1.4k for finishing first. In total around 7k rp a race.

7k rp comes through out the race not at the end, You'll see the bars raise after each lap

You look ridiculous!

As mentioned before, step 2 is not needed.

But I find 4 laps is the sweet spot, and with 3 players. You can get a RP boost every lap, the trick is to deliberately do a slow first lap, then go slightly faster each lap thereafter. For example to a 45 sec first lap then > 40 sec > 35 sec > full throttle 25 sec last lap.
That nets you the most with the least amount of downtime. Plus all the RP you get from overtakes and slipstreams and the small bonus for having more than 2 people in the race at the very end.

The only reason 5 laps isn't an option is that every race/mission has a hard-cap of how much RP can be earned in it, and you end up reaching it before 5 laps is over which equals a waste of time.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Happens I my character all the time annoyingly, any mask that covers the head completely has a chance of removing her hair, so I stick to the hockey masks now.

Seep

Lost my Uzi attachments last night woo!

In better news my modded Dominator is back, it was in the insurance place strange thing is it wasn't destroyed and I didn't get a call to tell me it was there.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
alright.
pls someone explain to me in detail how you are suipposed to do the gang hangouts.
i played 5 of them now and never found one of those crates.
What am i doing wrong?
I go in, kill everyone and its over. no crates.
Where are these crates? in some other place?

also, what fun things are you guys doing in free roam?
me and my friends and crew people invaded the military base to steal jets and tanks, tried to steal a tank with a cargo heli and failed in the process. We took 3 of those realy huge trucks from the stone pit to town, the occasional robbing and police chases, tried to land helis on planes in air..
what are other fun things to do in GTAO?
what shenanigans have you been doing?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
alright.
pls someone explain to me in detail how you are suipposed to do the gang hangouts.
i played 5 of them now and never found one of those crates.
What am i doing wrong?
I go in, kill everyone and its over. no crates.
Where are these crates? in some other place?

those are different things.

The crates get dropped and will appear as a green circle on your map (and when it lands it will be a green box with a ? on it).

The gang hideouts thing are red circles and you just need to kill everyone.

you should get a text telling you when a crate is about to be dropped.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Do most GAFers know about the insane infinite resell glitch at los santos customs yet?

People have been banned for doing that glitch. That is a true exploit compared to just re-doing the same mission over and over.

Do not do that glitch!

People have been banned for doing that glitch. That is a true exploit compared to just re-doing the same mission over and over.

Do not do that glitch!

Hmm... I guess I should quit while I'm ahead then... I don't want to post it publicly because I don't want people to get banned, but if someone pms me I can tell u how at your own risk of course.

DogMeat77

Spill the beans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnCkr4-bmhY
EDIT: As always use at your own risk. If you receive teh banhammerz that is on you. You have been warned.

Do not do that glitch!

Has this been confirmed? Because I know a ton of people doing it an no one is getting banned. There is always the chance but it was always from unreliable sources that I've seen that from.

Steiner84

those are different things.

The crates get dropped and will appear as a green circle on your map (and when it lands it will be a green box with a ? on it).

The gang hideouts thing are red circles and you just need to kill everyone.

you should get a text telling you when a crate is about to be dropped.

oh. thank you then..

but still. im level 37 and havent had a text telling me that a crate dropped.
at least not that I know of..

DogMeat77

Holy shit, you posted it. What have I done!?

LOL well the warning is there. I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility. If someone gets banned, I won't personally feel responsible. There is a ton of stuff posted on the internet... it is up to you to make the judgement call.

If everyone thinks the link should be removed, I'll be happy to oblige.

EDIT: Also you quoted me. Your hands are now bloody as well :p But seriously, you might want to unquote it if you feel that way. Just a heads up.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
oh. thank you then..

but still. im level 37 and havent had a text telling me that a crate dropped.
at least not that I know of..

I don't know how you get them. Someone I know had them at 23. I got them at 29. IGN says 12

I think you need to do a bunch of Ron missions because he's the one that tells you about them.

tehPete

Banned
PS3, just setting up a Criminal Records playlist & looking for a few peeps to run with, if anyone's interested add me.

PSN - tehPete

When can I start selling cars? And why don't any of the npcs contact me for missions. Are those things that pop up periodically the missions? It seem like I always get the same ones. Jobs are racing and things like that? Or missions?

I'm just still confused, can't find anyone to do missions with and barely make any money. I'd love to start selling cars...

dosh

If you consider an upwards of $50,000 a minute to be tedious, then yea sure.
Haha, I went to find out about it, came back and assumed your video was the same thing I'd just read about. Somehow, the post I found had it wrong, stating that the glitch required to sell a car, leave the game entirely, come back, go back to the LS Customs, enter, sell, leave the game entirely, etc. Which seemed really fucking boring to do over and over.

HiiiLife

It's really not tedious when you're making 50k in less than a minute. You'll easily reach 500k in about 15-20 min.

Of course, it comes down to if you're the type of gamer to exploit a glitch like that. And, I am that type of gamer lol. It's taking me way too long to level up and you lose money too fast online. I just don't have the patience to play this game legitimately.. :/

It's really not tedious when you're making 50k in less than a minute. You'll easily reach 500k in about 15-20 min.

Of course, it comes down to if you're the type of gamer to exploit a glitch like that. And, I am that type of gamer lol. It's taking me way too long to level up and you lose money too fast online. I just don't have the patience to play this game legitimately.. :/
I'm in the same boat. Except I'm also not in the mood particularly to get banned, but of course I know that it goes without saying that I could be banned for this. Oh well

So is this stable for everyone now, seems to be whenever I try and play I get disconnected alot it either times out when trying to join a job or it says I was kicked from the session by other players.

Steiner84

come on guys, tell me what you did in free roam. i need inspiration.
dont tell me everything you did so far was grinding VD, races and glitching Los Santos Customs.

also, what fun things are you guys doing in free roam?
me and my friends and crew people invaded the military base to steal jets and tanks, tried to steal a tank with a cargo heli and failed in the process. We took 3 of those realy huge trucks from the stone pit to town, the occasional robbing and police chases, tried to land helis on planes in air..
what are other fun things to do in GTAO?
what shenanigans have you been doing?

dont tell me everything you did so far was grinding VD, races and glitching Los Santos Customs.

Got into a shootout on a bridge with a couple of players, this attracted the attention of the police, ended up with 4 players all using the supports of the bridge as cover as more and more police arrive, i'm taking pop shots at both the police and the other players when I notice that a train is going to pass directly under the bridge I make a run for it hurdle over the barrier to land on the train below. Only what happened was I completely miss the train and end up doing a header onto the train tracks barely surviving and then getting run over by the train!

DogMeat77

This isn't that crazy and fun but I enjoyed it... and you end up with a nice ride at the end.

Find someone who is a griefing asshat (or not... maybe you think their username is dumb?) and call the Mercenaries on them. Proceed to follow them around news reporter style until the deed as been done. Once the deed has been done, pull in front of the mercenaries car. Aim and blast away at the occupants. Get in their sweet merc jeep and drive it on home to your garage. Double satisfaction. Dead asshat + sweet ride = Happy Possum.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Sorry, my earlier post about people being banned appears to be wrong. Whilst some people claimed to be banned they haven't confirmed it with any screenshots or proof.

The selling glitch is still risky to do as it really is a glitch and people have been gaining 10s of millions from it.

Dabanton

The thing with these glitches is people as usual will make it obvious they've been glitching by being too greedy.

What R* should do is the player should get an in game message from Maze Bank saying there's been suspicious activity on your account and they are freezing it while they investigate in game.

How meta would that be? Although The real fun will begin when the stock market opens.

Seep

Got the high value car for Simeon and parked it outside L s customs when people came to collect it I ambushed them took their money got it sprayed and cruised to the lock up for my reward.

E92 M3

Hi guys - I'll be hosting a Criminal Records on the 360 now and would like to more players for maximum EXP. Anyone interested post your tags or send a PM.

Top Bottom