• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I'm terrible at math, what am I missing here?

20 health x 5 = 100 health

20 health x 5 = 100 health; but all players start at 100 health. So, 200 health is twice as much health. 5 times as much health would be 500 health.

the hot rod u get with the collectors edition is by far the best. rear windows are microscopic.

i roll with my sabre turbo bc the engine can have a scoop which blocks some shots from the front

Interesting. I wasnt sure if the body of the car even mattered. THere's a PvE mission where you have to steal a camper from this place near Sandy Shores and drive it away. The CPU AI guys shred us from behind, shooting straight though the camper and killing us ... Made me think that you just have no protection inside any cars.

Can a person join multiple crews?.....

It looks like it has 5 crew slots in my game?

Yeah, you can join 5 crews but only have 1 active crew at a time. Not sure if you can switch crews in game.

Started playing today and hopped online - kind of disappointing character creator, it seemed difficult to get any real difference between face/body type other than skin tone.

My first race, I got two little kids saying to each other "this dickheads got a pink car. must be a poof..... or a girl", in a tone that made it sound like being female was an even worse crime to them than being homosexual. Soooooo I hope there's an option for mic off, otherwise it's offline all the way for me, I haven't played a game with shouty 12 year olds since the bad old days of Gears Of War on 360, and I haven't missed it one bit!

At least I beat one of them in the race :)

You can block everybody or have it play friends only. hold Back / Select on the controller and your mic options are on that quick menu. To be honest, I haven't heard a lot of bad things. Not nearly as bad as the old CoD days.. Seems like most people do private XBL parties anyway.

You can turn the chat off in the pause menu? I ask because I tried GTA Online for the first time yesterday and felt like murdering everyone with a mic. (No, I don't play a lot of multiplayer games w/ voice chat and certainly not on Xbox Live.) I sort of wish I had your patience/perverse glee at listening to awful people but I don't.

Just throw up an xbox live party. You won't have to hear anyone, unless you have friends that hop in.

zma1013

So if you put a bounty on someone using Lester and that person runs into their apartment or leaves the game, what happens? Is the money gone?

Batigol

Banned
I was using that method to keep re-selling the same car. Kinda apt for GTA :lol

Problem is my car is rubbish and I'm poor as fuck so I'm getting 10k a piece.

Still! 50k

I hate people. Every online session is just assholes trying to kill you all the time, even if you're in passive mode. Every race is assholes (usually with upgraded custom vehicles, because hey who cares about fairness) trying to run you off the road.

This game really needs either a real passive mode, or pve servers. And for assholes who just want to play bumper cars should be cordoned off into races together.

Acorn

I hate people. Every online session is just assholes trying to kill you all the time, even if you're in passive mode. Every race is assholes (usually with upgraded custom vehicles, because hey who cares about fairness) trying to run you off the road.

This game really needs either a real passive mode, or pve servers. And for assholes who just want to play bumper cars should be cordoned off into races together.
Races are exercises in frustration.

oneils

Finished a couple of rounds of Sandy Shores survival mode.

When done I spawned in sandy shores and some guy in this huge monster truck was racing around the block and shooting people. Killed me. I respawned not too far away and two seconds later he was there. On my next respawn I had to quick join a race. lol!

Don't know if I would have been able to take him out. I didn't spawn with my vehicle.

AReed

So I created a crew, saved it, and now I can't find it anywhere. Does it need to go through a screening process before it's made available to view?

Also, how do I change the logo?

To try and counter the negativity being caused by all the boosting requests, I thought I'd share my first experience having a bounty on me that happened last night :)

It started with stealing a random car, and resulted in a $3k bounty being put on me. I get to the airport, into a Cargobob, and find myself quickly being charged at by two guys in a Frogger. They hit me, resulting in major damage for them so they decide to bail and switch to a Cargobob themselves at the airport. I dart up to the helipads by the marina and switch to a Frogger; shortly afterwards the two guys in their Cargobob turn up, and after a short 'chase' between the skyscrapers they give up due to the speed difference. Over voice comms, one of them suggests going to the airbase and stealing a jet each to get me that way; I'm not standing for this, so make a b-line straight for the base myself - flying a few feet directly underneath them on my way past for good measure :D

I get to Fort first, into a Jet, and just as I'm taking off they're landing. I start flying away, but they quickly get a lock-on and shoot me down. I bail in the nick of time, and parachute to ground landing at the furthest end of the bridge immediately south of the base. While parachuting, one of them tries to ram me with a jet and crashes. Once down I steal what turned out to be one of the slowest cars in the game, and have an incredibly slow chase down the highway and beach back to the city with two guys right behind me. I'm taking shortcuts left and right, jumping fences and climbing hills; just as I reach the city, some dude turns up in an Buzzard and starts trying to take me out with rockets.

So I'm darting through the city, rockets coming down left and right; over voicecomms I hear that those following me on the ground are having to back off a bit because of the rockets - this gives me enough breathing room to make a dash for the airport. I nip into the multi-story car park first to change to a less battered car while covered from the attentions of the Buzzard waiting outside; from there I made a break into the airport proper to try and get an air vehicle, but don't have the time. I end up circling a building, using it as cover from the - now two - attack helis overhead; eventually one of them makes a mistake and crashes his heli while trying to follow me. I use the opportunity to steal a plane; as I'm taking off, I see the guy who crashed running towards a cargobob, and then his mate starts firing rockets at me again. I dodge the first two, and head straight towards the Cargobob; just as I'm reaching it I hear another rocket being loosed, and just before it hits I manage to nip around the cargobob, putting it directly between me and the missile, resulting in the destruction of the cargobob and a cry of sheer glee from me. Sadly the next missile hits me ending what was a brilliant first bounty chase; 15 minutes on the run, and managed to cause three suicides / deaths in the process, all for a $3k bounty.

I made them earn that money :)

I actually managed to snap this before you guys took the fight too far away from the military base.

0_0.jpg

I'm not sure which one is you.

uberluigi

Banned
It doesn't go up that much. I think it's a percentage, so a rank 0 person has 100% health; rank 20 has 110% health, rank 30 has 120% health, etc.
Ahh that makes sense, I did 1v1 deathmatch last night with a lv105 and I unloaded my Ak on his ass and didn't even die. Do their weapons do more damage cause he was using his pistol and always killed me with one or two shots....

All true, and entirely annoying. And even when playing PVE missions with friends the aimbot AI spawning in and firing from all directions just isn't fun to fight.

I was pretty damn shocked at how quickly GTAO was able to disappoint, and not from any stability issues.

Single player is still amazing and one of the greatest games ever, but online is only for those who thrive on random and completely unbalanced chaos. You can have it.

zma1013

I'm guessing body armor is only for the chest area? I get full body armor and still die in like 2 shots... but then my body armor disappears. This game needs to be more bullet spongy, especially because of the auto-aim. Fights end as soon as they begin.

I'm guessing body armor is only for the chest area? I get full body armor and still die in like 2 shots... but then my body armor disappears. This game needs to be more bullet spongy, especially because of the auto-aim. Fights end as soon as they begin.

So uh, you know you can go to a free aim lobby, right?

This game needs to be more bullet spongy, especially because of the auto-aim. Fights end as soon as they begin.

Don't play with auto-aim.

Ahh that makes sense, I did 1v1 deathmatch last night with a lv105 and I unloaded my Ak on his ass and didn't even die. Do their weapons do more damage cause he was using his pistol and always killed me with one or two shots....

He may have had the .50 pistol that came with the SE/CEs. It's pretty potent.

metzger203

Nah. I don't even know how to steal money from players who hold more than 5000 in cash.
I've been trying to figure this out too. The "bank your money" prompt in-game leads me to believe that other players can literally steal my cash, but I can't find anything on how to rob someone (besides just killing them and taking the cash drop).

Man. When do I start getting co-op missions? I'm level 11 and I hate the player vs player stuff, and that's pretty much all I can do.
You'll get more as you rank up... Once you reach level 15 you can play survival missions, which is kinda like horde mode in Gears of War. If you can beat all 10 waves I believe you get $20,000 and lots of experience. They can be replayed infinitely, too.

waypoetic

Banned

That's why you'll only find me in a invite-only-session! If i want to play with people, i'll decide whom i want to play with.

You'll get more as you rank up... Once you reach level 15 you can play survival missions, which is kinda like horde mode in Gears of War. If you can beat all 10 waves I believe you get $20,000 and lots of experience. They can be replayed infinitely, too.

Is there any penalty for playing a survival mission with auto-aim rather than free aim?

I did my first survival mission the other day, only one other guy was in the lobby. I proceeded to do all the killing, he just kept dying. He gave up during Wave 2, I think. I made it to Wave 4, but then died.

Is there any penalty for playing a survival mission with auto-aim rather than free aim?

I did my first survival mission the other day, only one other guy was in the lobby. I proceeded to do all the killing, he just kept dying. He gave up during Wave 2, I think. I made it to Wave 4, but then died.

No penalty, as far as I know.

Auto-aim isn't my favorite, but it makes pretty much everything easier online, so I don't really mind when it's on anymore.

No penalty, as far as I know.

Auto-aim isn't my favorite, but it makes pretty much everything easier online, so I don't really mind when it's on anymore.

its awful in freeroam tho. unless you don't enjoy defending yourself. some of the missions would be way too damn hard without it tho

I don't know if this has been posted or not sorry if it has, but Rockstar is beginning to have characters banned , character money ,stats and levels reset for players who took advantage of the money/bike glitches.

Source:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...200307967-Reporting-OP-Players-using-glitches

all heil the mighty power of the microtransaction.

i doubt they'll punish people retroactively, probably put out an official release and hit people who abuse glitches after the next update, it'd be weird if they just hit everyone who's done it now considering the YT tutorials have hundreds of thousands of views

esp considering a lot of the offenders prob lost characters and just glitched to make up for all the time they lost

all heil the mighty power of the microtransaction.

i doubt they'll punish people retroactively, probably put out an official release and hit people who abuse glitches after the next update, it'd be weird if they just hit everyone who's done it now considering the YT tutorials have hundreds of thousands of views

A couple people on another forum have confirmed the wiping of everything on there accounts so I don't know how wideapread it will be.

I can see them taking action on people who have been doing this non-stop the past week or so and have accumulated like $50 Million dollars or something.

But someone doing it for a half hour a day or so just to buy a couple nice cars and an apartment isn't that big of a deal.

So, due to being kicked straight fro 4 out of five race lobbies last night I've been labeled a bad sport and can't join any other player (for how long who knows)

That sucks.

I dont think that their weapons do more damage, but he could have a .50 pistol, which is very powerful. It's one of the special edition guns and is one of the most powerful guns in the game, but it is slow... It's basically a Desert Eagle.

Is there a way to track your good and bad rep within the game? I just got a message pop up last night saying I quit a mission early (uh, no I didn't) and that I received bad rep or whatever they call it.

With this system being as buggy and broken as it is I'd at least like to know how close I am to getting stuck in a room full of the jackasses.

Top Bottom