• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I realize this has probably been asked a million times, but what's the best building to buy at the minute. I assume it's just the lowest prices apartment with a 10-car garage, right?

Do I have to buy new cars online or can I just respray ones I've stolen?

Also, I am fully aware that the answer to both those questions is probably blindingly obvious.

I bought Del Pierro Heights Apt 7 (cheapest high-end apartment at $200k)

You can steal cars and respray them instead of buying them, but the high-end cars have to be bought online.

Grimsen

I think the biggest problem have with the glitchers is a lot of assholes like to buy tanks etc and ruin people's fun.

Glitching for money ain't shit. You still need the level.

They should ban everyone getting glitched xp through races.

not really. If it's in the game, it's fair game, and all on R* to fix their shit.

Arcteryx

I realize this has probably been asked a million times, but what's the best building to buy at the minute. I assume it's just the lowest prices apartment with a 10-car garage, right?

Do I have to buy new cars online or can I just respray ones I've stolen?

Also, I am fully aware that the answer to both those questions is probably blindingly obvious.

If you don't care about views/etc and just want access to a place with 10 car + heist room, then yes, go for the cheapest 10 car apartment.

As for cars: some of the ones available for purchase online can be stolen and saved(ex: Felon, Schwarzer, etc); others can only be saved via online purchase. If it costs over $100,000 just figure you can't save it; Felon GT is $95,000 and is AFAIK the most expensive car you can steal and save.

Plasmid

Thanks for the replies. That's actually better than I expected (thought they'd make you buy any car).

Time to get collecting and upgrading.

If you can, do some criminal records / races. Lima and i think a few other gaffers were doing it and letting people win. Lima helped me get the best upgrades for my infernus, adder & vacca last night.

AReed

I hate when you continually respawn next to some doucher. I got killed 5 times because I didn't have any weapons and I respawned right next to the dude who was killing me.

I should've just quick started a mission, but oh well. 10 G's of medical expenses. Sheesh.

What is your NAT Type? If it is moderate or strict you will have trouble connecting to your friends to play. And not just on GTA Online but for other games as well. Depending on your router google how to make a DMZ for your console in the routers settings.

Open, and I'm using a wired connection anyway. But thanks :)

GavinGT

Banned
Is it even possible to use the Titan's cargo bay for storing cars? I managed to open it by punching it repeatedly, and I can fit some cars inside it. But when I try to take off the car just rolls out.

anybody on xbox wanna boost a rally race? i need a win to unlock some custom colour schemes. we'd need 3 more people to do it, run 4 1 lap races with everyone winning/codriving winning one

everyone leaves when i rally race legit

DogMeat77

Is it even possible to use the Titan's cargo bay for storing cars? I managed to open it by punching it repeatedly, and I can fit some cars inside it. But when I try to take off the car just rolls out.

I have no clue but I know what I will be trying later! Thanks!

Plasmid

anybody on xbox wanna boost a rally race? i need a win to unlock some custom colour schemes. we'd need 3 more people to do it, run 4 1 lap races with everyone winning/codriving winning one

Question, can you do it on criminal records? since it's a circle it's one everyone knows? if so i need the achievement.

Rrm

Neo Member

I did it and took it to sandy shores airport this was the result:

EDIT: And yes my friend was in it driving it forward during the flight.

0_0.jpg

Lima

Shit yeah. Nobody plays rally races, it fucking sucks with randoms though so I'm not surprised that people are always leaving.

Question, can you do it on criminal records? since it's a circle it's one everyone knows? if so i need the achievement.

Yes. So now we are 3. One more and we are good to go and I will hop online.

Shit yeah. Nobody plays rally races, it fucking sucks with randoms though so I'm not surprised that people are always leaving.

yeah i was thinking criminal records. just need 1 more participant. on xbox

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

My only rally race was with a random. It was ok though, I knew the course by memory.

Ding-Ding

Came across 2 clan members wanting to claim my bounty. Killed them both but they kept coming. Once they finally got it they still wouldnt let up. i think by the end of it, I died 9 times, between them the died 12 and one of them had his Obey 9F destroyed. Funny though how they both invoked 1vs1 deathmatches (isn't that a 2vs1?).

The price of my bounty...1k. Well that must have been worth it

Still, enjoyed the session with fellow Brit Gaffers later after that bitch fight.

SirYoshi

God damn stickybombs :<. I was killing some guys that tried to kill me when I got out of a job. Threw stickybomb at them, blew up both of their cars in the process and turned into a "bad sport" :<.

9S7h1pi.jpg

Fuck this system!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Don't press the trigger until Go appears.
After testing this last night I've found it's best to press it half a second after "Go" appears, closer to when the sign goes away. Might just be my connection but I never got the boost when I hit it the moment "Go" appeared.

Not legitimately, but yes - you can get the Titan to drop it's bay door by punching it til it drops down. I did it with friends yesterday and when we were in mid-flight the car in the back blew up and took out the plane, so do at your own risk :)

saxoross

Neo Member
Really getting into this online mode. Love the carnage in the races, some you win some you lose.

Just wish i could find some english people. Pretty sure its just France that plays this game.

God damn stickybombs :<. I was killing some guys that tried to kill me when I got out of a job. Threw stickybomb at them, blew up both of their cars in the process and turned into a "bad sport" :<.

9S7h1pi.jpg

Fuck this system!

How do you get to be a good sport again? Considering how easy it is to accidentally become a 'bad sport' it would be lame if you're stuck with that for a long time.

The whole blowing up personal vehicles and being called a 'bad sport' is probably the most backwards decision Rockstar has made for this online. They must have had a lot of internal discussions about it and whatnot, and no one seemed to realise the obvious fucking flaw that at least half the time a vehicle is destroyed it's in self defence. And even then, the destroyer pays the insurance excess so, what the fuck. Read this R*, please, what the fuuuck are you doing.

dosh

Ok so something you should know about Ted_wears_a_hat : if you're on a boat and a copter is chasing you, Ted will climb into another copter and ram it into the bad guys' helo. That was intense.

Also, killing lawyers with style.

Defyler

So if I'm looking at supercars and their stats is it fairly silly to get an infernus for the price (440k) with its weak braking state compared to the other Supercars? Will brake mods help much?

So if I'm looking at supercars and their stats is it fairly silly to get an infernus for the price (440k) with its weak braking state compared to the other Supercars? Will brake mods help much?

yeah don't get the infernus, the brake mods do veery little, vacca and entity xf IMO are the better ones

webkatt

I have no idea about racing on this game. How the hell did you get a speed burst at the start? Why did a station wagon mysteriously pop up by the finish line in my way.

I'd sell this game if I had a disc to sell

If you hit the gas when the words "Go" appear on-screen you get a boost like in Mario Kart. I think the random cars appear in the parking lot because traffic is turned on.

I also have the PSN version.

Top Bottom