• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I don't know if this has been posted or not sorry if it has, but Rockstar is beginning to have characters banned , character money ,stats and levels reset for players who took advantage of the money/bike glitches.

Source:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...200307967-Reporting-OP-Players-using-glitches

That's just a guy requesting to have his friend banned... not Rockstar actually banning someone for using some glitch. That said, I love the responses there.. premium stuff.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't know if this has been posted or not sorry if it has, but Rockstar is beginning to have characters banned , character money ,stats and levels reset for players who took advantage of the money/bike glitches.

Source:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...200307967-Reporting-OP-Players-using-glitches

Good, people using exploits and glitches ruin the game. I'm glad they're on this shit.

edit: ah, I see. Well, I hope they do get on top of it, it's unhealthy behavior to spread into the community.

Marleyman

Banned
I hate people. Every online session is just assholes trying to kill you all the time, even if you're in passive mode. Every race is assholes (usually with upgraded custom vehicles, because hey who cares about fairness) trying to run you off the road.

This game really needs either a real passive mode, or pve servers. And for assholes who just want to play bumper cars should be cordoned off into races together.

I dunno; I love racing. I like to host to turn off custom cars but it usually doesn't stop me from finding a way to win.

todahawk

So, due to being kicked straight fro 4 out of five race lobbies last night I've been labeled a bad sport and can't join any other player (for how long who knows)

That sucks.

Lovely, it's only happened to me twice but if it happens again i'm done for the session as I'm not going to risk it.

Speed wise. Entity has better acceleration and top speed. But vacca looks better overall

this is basically it. better accel is nbd bc of upgrades. but top speed is locked in and you can't really tune to up it. it'd be neat if you had to choose like, a turbo that jacks your top speed or one that ups your accel. vac does look better

Huh, so I guess you can finally get past Ron mission and get them from the big TP himself.

I'm about to try and run this for the first time. I'll send crew invites.

zma1013

This is the one thing that bothers me about races. Everyone wants to knock everyone off the road :(

Not sure what people expect. This isn't the type of game people buy to get in fair races. You're not going to find the sort of racing nuts that actually race like you would in Forza or Gran Turismo. That's not to mention that a lot of tracks have a myriad of obstacles and can have traffic and whatnot and racing is very arcadey. They aren't perfectly clear, wide open tracks with lots of room for passing. They can be cramped and small in area, meaning there is no room to maneuver, at least through the city. Even trying to race nice, I often cause people to wipe out when I lose control and smash into them on accident.

Arcteryx

Why does it switch hosts sometimes? I host a game like 3 times in a row, then suddenly it switches host to someone else
and then they turn on catch up...

-Deimos

Spent 25k (3 deaths, car blown up by ppl but apparently I have to pay the insurance myself, called merry weather once just for the fun of it) to secure my first special crate drop.

Waited for 24 hrs in game time, the drop never happened (suppose to be within 5 hrs). I've tried leaving the circle area, loading up a mission and back out, it still won't drop. Fk this shite.

So it isn't only me. I got my Entity blown up 3 times last night by griefers which cost me 30K in total.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Why does it switch hosts sometimes? I host a game like 3 times in a row, then suddenly it switches host to someone else
and then they turn on catch up...

It.might do.some sort of host test in the background and work out their upload is better than yours maybe? Halo did this.

And catchup is on by default even when the next race lobby loads, playlist or reply so if they aren't aware they are suddenly hosting then on it is.

Lima

A couple people on another forum have confirmed the wiping of everything on there accounts so I don't know how wideapread it will be.

With zero proof. I'd like to see a screenshot of that please. Before they ban people they will probably put up a news like they did for RDR.

Ardenyal

With zero proof. I'd like to see a screenshot of that please. Before they ban people they will probably put up a news like they did for RDR.

They track stuff like cash made from selling vehicles. Haven't seen anyone make more than 700k from selling cars the legit way. Might raise some eyebrows if someone has 5 million+ made from car sales.

It would actually be impossible to get that much money from selling cars without duping, even if you had sold a car at exactly every 48 minutes.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
LOL, IDK!

How does my dust taste? :)

Winning 15 races made my driving 100/100, at level 9.

I have no idea about racing on this game. How the hell did you get a speed burst at the start? Why did a station wagon mysteriously pop up by the finish line in my way.

I'd sell this game if I had a disc to sell

Plasmid

For anyone who is still having "Rockstar Cloud Servers" connection errors or general errors. I had horrible problems connecting until i fixed my wireless router to allow certain ports.

These are my settings, if it says gta, that means it's only for gta, the rest will allow you to have an open nat in most online games, i also put my xbox ip into a DMZ.
The blacked out part is your xbox's ip address.

UjN9LXE.png

Lima

They track stuff like cash made from selling vehicles. Haven't seen anyone make more than 700k from selling cars the legit way. Might raise some eyebrows if someone has 5 million+ made from car sales.

It would actually be impossible to get that much money from selling cars without duping, even if you had sold a car at exactly every 48 minutes.

Sure they track that. I know. Doesn't mean they are banning people. There are a load of people on gta forums making threads about how they are banned, yet once asked for proof they disappear forever.

R* did ban people from RDR after a service announcement. But that was for modding your level and stats in your multiplayer save through external means. They told people that abusing glitches and farming money is okay.

I just like to see one guy actually providing proof that he has been banned, then I'll believe it.

psn

Which would actually not be fair. Their game full of bugs cleared my whole garage worth 3 million $ and the Support wont / cant help you

And now they ban people trying to get their money back? I know there are many ppl exploiting it just for the lols, but seriously, I lost 3 000 000 $ because of their game. I don't want to loose my progression of the last 14 days just because they arent able to fix those bugs.

Ensirius

Now I feel stupid for going the legit way seeing all these people glitching the game for money

Is this something widespread? Is everybody doing it?

I have earned 175k the legit way. Itreallyfeelsgoodman.gif Glitching my way to greatness might ruin the experience for me.

So I think I've decided on Weazel Plaza when the first stimulus money comes in. I'm trying to decide between Apt. 70 and Apt. 101. I think 70 faces west, so you get the ocean and ferris wheel, whereas 101 faces east, so you get a view of downtown.

Anybody own either place? Have an opinion on which one I should go for? I definitely want to stay away from Eclipse Towers, since it has 4 apartments in it, and those are the highest dollar apartments, so I suspect many players will be moving in there once the stimulus money comes in. I'd rather be in a building without as much traffic from randoms in and out.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Now I feel stupid for going the legit way seeing all these people glitching the game for money

I have earned 175k the legit way. Itreallyfeelsgoodman.gif Glitching my way to greatness might ruin the experience for me.

I did 500k for glitching as payment for R* losing my first 2 characters. That was before their announcement of the stimulus.

psn

You cant press immidiately, you habe to wait a half second after "Go". Just count "3"-"2"-"1"-"and" then press accelerate :)

Imm0rt4l

I made over 100k yesterday from survival.

Plasmid

This is definitely a glitch a lot of people are doing, but a lot of people already know about it.

I think the biggest problem have with the glitchers is a lot of assholes like to buy tanks etc and ruin people's fun.

Where is the buzzer in the best apartment :(?

Tawpgun

Is there a master list of what vehicles you can store in your garage without buying them? They didn't let me store a sanchez I found :(

"Unable to connect to session"
Fuck this game. All I want to do is play with my friends...

What is your NAT Type? If it is moderate or strict you will have trouble connecting to your friends to play. And not just on GTA Online but for other games as well. Depending on your router google how to make a DMZ for your console in the routers settings.

I realize this has probably been asked a million times, but what's the best building to buy at the minute. I assume it's just the lowest prices apartment with a 10-car garage, right?

Do I have to buy new cars online or can I just respray ones I've stolen?

Also, I am fully aware that the answer to both those questions is probably blindingly obvious.

Plasmid

I realize this has probably been asked a million times, but what's the best building to buy at the minute. I assume it's just the lowest prices apartment with a 10-car garage, right?

Also, I am fully aware that the answer to both those questions is probably blindingly obvious.

Best apartment? Get somewhere in the eclipse building as long as you get the 10 car garage. I like my 400k apartment but honestly rockstar didn't add a lot to do in it.

You can bring new cars to your garage i think.

Depends on how exotic the cars are you steal and try to put in your garage. Some wont allow it.

Top Bottom