• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

kris.

Banned
Just a reminder, if you preordered the game (I think that's the prerequisite?) and have a garage, go to the Legendary Motorsports website and there's a nice Elegy RH8 for free just waiting for you to order. Comes insured and tracked for free. Nifty little sports car, very fast. Ran into a Crew member who wasn't aware. Thought I'd remind the rest of you.

edit: jk you only have to be a Social Club member

ScRYeD

So I think I've decided on Weazel Plaza when the first stimulus money comes in. I'm trying to decide between Apt. 70 and Apt. 101. I think 70 faces west, so you get the ocean and ferris wheel, whereas 101 faces east, so you get a view of downtown.

Anybody own either place? Have an opinion on which one I should go for? I definitely want to stay away from Eclipse Towers, since it has 4 apartments in it, and those are the highest dollar apartments, so I suspect many players will be moving in there once the stimulus money comes in. I'd rather be in a building without as much traffic from randoms in and out.

I realize this has probably been asked a million times, but what's the best building to buy at the minute. I assume it's just the lowest prices apartment with a 10-car garage, right?

Do I have to buy new cars online or can I just respray ones I've stolen?

Also, I am fully aware that the answer to both those questions is probably blindingly obvious.

I just bought 3 Alta st apartment 57 10 car garage. It's 223k and is smack right in the middle of the city area just streets away from all 3 pay n sprays in the city, right next to freeway access with a few helicopters ready for flight, the helicopter tours place and a cargobob where the Merriweather docks are. Also close to del perro pier and simeons garage.
Edit: not the best view but it's not bad either.

dosh

I just bought 3 Alta st apartment 57 10 car garage. It's 223k and is smack right in the middle of the city area just streets away from all 3 pay n sprays in the city, right next to freeway access with a few helicopters ready for flight, the helicopter tours place and a cargobob where the Merriweather docks are. Also close to del perro pier and simeons garage.
I bought it earlier today and I agree: the location is really nice but that's not the prettiest view you can get. I enjoy watching traffic on the bridges at night though.

For anyone looking for a nicer view, I'd simply recommend typing "gta online apartments views" on Google. You should find some threads and Youtube videos about that.

SirYoshi

How do you get to be a good sport again? Considering how easy it is to accidentally become a 'bad sport' it would be lame if you're stuck with that for a long time.

The whole blowing up personal vehicles and being called a 'bad sport' is probably the most backwards decision Rockstar has made for this online. They must have had a lot of internal discussions about it and whatnot, and no one seemed to realise the obvious fucking flaw that at least half the time a vehicle is destroyed it's in self defence. And even then, the destroyer pays the insurance excess so, what the fuck. Read this R*, please, what the fuuuck are you doing.

I have no idea how long it takes to become a Good Sport again but you get it by completing missions. The system is flawed in itself. If someone attacks you and they happen to be in a car, and you try to defend yourself you are risking being a Bad Sport if their car blows up. Like the payment for the car isn't enough.

I can't even join my friends and crew to play missions atm. And I don't feel like playing missions by myself to try and get back to a Good Sport. So I just logged out when i got it.

Shitty ass flawed system.

oneils

Probably answered a million times, but here goes.

How do you make a stolen high end vehicle your personal vehicle. I stole a sweet ride, brought it to Los Santos Customs and was told that the vehicle was too hot for them to mod and that I should buy one from a website.

Is there another way to do this? I did not have any wanted stars, if that matters.

Tawpgun

Do all the cycles have the same jump height? I bought the high end cycle. Wondering if the BMX or Mountain bike have any advantages.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

How do you make a stolen high end vehicle your personal vehicle. I stole a sweet ride, brought it to Los Santos Customs and was told that the vehicle was too hot for them to mod and that I should buy one from a website.

Is there another way to do this? I did not have any wanted stars, if that matters.

You have to buy it from a website. You can't just steal the nicer cars.

SirYoshi

How do you make a stolen high end vehicle your personal vehicle. I stole a sweet ride,

You can't. You have to buy high end cars. The better cars on the street already have the tracking thing to force us to work for our own cars instead of finding the best cars for free :p.

I spent about $80,000 on a nice bike. It then got impounded, I left the session, came back within 2 minutes but it was gone for good. I was not happy.

Nope. Gotta buy them.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
If you hit the gas when the words "Go" appear on-screen you get a boost like in Mario Kart. I think the random cars appear in the parking lot because traffic is turned on.

I also have the PSN version.

It's actually JUST after the Go appears. If you hit it WITH "Go" popping up, it's too early.

Hmmm, thanks for the tip. I need to check that one out.

Astery

I don't really recommend buying apartments way up high if u want to be able to c any traffic, bought the eclipse no.31, the drawing distance just isn't far enough to be able to c traffic below unless u use ur telescope.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
apartment spoilers

all the high end apartments look exactly the same inside

the view is outside is just different

i'm going back to my rinky dink place by the ocean

oneils

You have to buy it from a website. You can't just steal the nicer cars.

You can't. You have to buy high end cars. The better cars on the street already have the tracking thing to force us to work for our own cars instead of finding the best cars for free :p.

Nope. Gotta buy them.

Booooo. Bah. Bought an apartment. Now just need cars to put in the garage! I guess I'll check out those websites!

Dresden

my 10-car apartment's view:

YZFephL.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you want to have some Jack Bauer fun, go find a gang hideout and start some shit. Then call in the attack helicopter. It's straight out of the end of season 2.

Firehead

To the GAFfer whom picked me up in the helicopter: Sorry about that! Didn't mean to destroy the chopper, was trying to hit that other guy and it seems we were close to an electric pole or something and the missile ended up killing us.

LMAFO two little bitches come after ME in a attack chopper, I get my car to LSC because I wanted to fix it up, get out and they kill me. I respawn and run to higher ground, toss a grenade and blow them and their chopper up. I get away and they chase after me and kill me again and then blow up my car. I give both of them another killing and in turn they do the same to me again. Then run away, I chase one to Ammu-Nation and the other one shows up, I kill him again and as I'm about to walk into Ammu-Nation guns blazing I get kicked.

Anyway, I made a playlist for Criminal Records if anyone wants in, swapping wins and no dirty racing bullshit like a certain one of you have a bad habit of doing with fellow crew members.

KAP151

LMAFO two little bitches come after ME in a attack chopper, I get my car to LSC because I wanted to fix it up, get out and they kill me. I respawn and run to higher ground, toss a grenade and blow them and their chopper up. I get away and they chase after me and kill me again and then blow up my car. I give both of them another killing and in turn they do the same to me again. Then run away, I chase one to Ammu-Nation and the other one shows up, I kill him again and as I'm about to walk into Ammu-Nation guns blazing I get kicked.

Anyway, I made a playlist for Criminal Records if anyone wants in, swapping wins and no dirty racing bullshit like a certain one of you have a bad habit of doing with fellow crew members.

If your on XBL im down.Send me an inv. KAP151

eival

i sort of like the fact that after going on 3 weeks now, they've had more patches after the initial one to actually get it working, in a shorter period of time to then quickly "fix" all the missions that went against their microtransaction based ranking and earning system that would require massive grinding

i saw a guy with like 100+JP in a lobby and was only rank 9 lol

"oh yeah we totally want you to replay what ever you want 100 times"

"oh what we meant was we want you to play non-NPC stuff" aka the stuff that hands out the same amount of RP for a 20 minute "Titan" mission from Lester as a 50 second race

they need to hurry up and release something tangible cause its just utterly boring.

the fact we cant even just kill cops and earn XP is stupid, when still to this day they have XP events for Red Dead, notice how they havent had 1 event yet for GTA 5?

infact looking back that wasnt even the same development team so you could say Rockstar North or whomever did RDR was better and more diverse online ranking system than this crap.

even the side ojbective stuff "steal 100 cars" type stuff isnt worth it, 200RP...are you kidding me? to equate that in RDR's level system you could essentially reach another rank by doing a side objective

eival

and those side objective things in RDR would reset when you "reup'd"

i managed to reach the reup or legend whatever they called it how ever many times to reach the White Buffalo (2nd from Donkey), almost entirely just killing cops and doing side stuff and taking out hideouts, but since this game has pretty much infinite level cap that will never be possible.

oh great you flew in a helicopter for 10 minutes, heres your 100RP, the same you could get by simply evading a 1 star wanted level...thanks guys

oh well you can steal 1000 cars...yes 1 thousand and you'll get 200RP!

or just shoot a few shots in the air for 2 stars and hop back in your car parked directly outside the LSC or your apartment, drive in and boom, same RP. and then 99% of the rest all require you to play mindless PVP stuff.

i also love how you can choose to spawn at your last location or set to spawn you in your apartment yet if someone kills you, even in passive mode you just spawn right there to be killed over and over unless you pause and manually load into a new lobby, oh but fix the replay feature first tho!

saxoross

Neo Member
Who thinks/hopes next-gen/pc versions of GTA5 will take advantage of the fact it can be played with a lot more people in it. Just think of 64 players roaming the streets.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
How much does it cost to call the tank once you buy it? Also, how fast is it? Would it be possible to do the jump right of the entrance to Fort Zancudo to fall into the base with the tank in Base Invaders?

Top Bottom