• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Seep

Dear Bounty Hunters,

Please see the pile in the pic below for a glimpse of your fate should you decide to come for me.

0_0.jpg

Funny you should mention that. I started my career as a hitman last night and I made quite a bit of cash. I only work at night in my blacked out dominator lights off, motherfuckers don't know what hit them until it was all over.

Seep

Really wish you could record gameplay I had two special moments last night.

First guy was trying to escape me on a bmx I was in a cargobob so he had a massive advantage in downtown LS, buildings tall trees and shit, after a small chase he's heading for the underground rail tunnel so I land on the nearest roof blocks away he's dissapearing down the tunnel I get my sniper rifle out and BAM one shot He's lying in a pool of his own blood.

Second guy is in a Heli I get his attention with a flyby still in my cargobob, a little nudging later I'm smoking so I land on the maze bank building tallest in city he takes this as a sign of weakness but its part of my plan, as he comes at me I let rip with my Uzi he's nearly dead turns and flees so out comes my sniper again three shots later and I hit him, his lifeless body is falling out of the sky as he disappears into the darkness below.

I'm left alone looking down on the illuminated city victorious.

Both $1000 hits. I take my job seriously.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Nah, you can't see in because the inside of the apartment is instanced so that multiple people in the same Free Roam can live in the same apartment.

Boo-urns. Imagine a guy withal bounty camping in his apartment and you and a buddy appear in a chopper outside his window and take shots at him.

In your apartment no one can hear you scream.

Foffy

Banned
I have a question, guys. Why do some Jobs and Missions allow checkmarks after playing/winning them but many do not? It's gonna be hard keeping track of what I've done when new stuff pops, as it's all disorganized. ;w;

E92 M3

Awww yissss. Just bought the most expensive apartment ($400k) after I got about 5 million dollars from doing the bike glitch.

Screw getting money the slow way. I doubt the 5 million will even last than long so it’s nice to have a boost. Feels good man.

I am tempted to do this glitch, because it feels like otherwise everyone will just be ahead and I can only play on weekends. On the other hand, I don't want to get banned. Has there been proof of someone getting banned though?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I have a question, guys. Why do some Jobs and Missions allow checkmarks after playing/winning them but many do not? It's gonna be hard keeping track of what I've done when new stuff pops, as it's all disorganized. ;w;

Start>Online>Jobs, all that are unlocked are listed there and you can see which ones you've done or not.

hexen

Neo Member
I am tempted to do this glitch, because it feels like otherwise everyone will just be ahead and I can only play on weekends. On the other hand, I don't want to get banned. Has there been proof of someone getting banned though?

two people on my friend list who glitched excessively last week (both glitched a couple millions) got their characters deleted and bank account reset over the weekend. but others still play happily with all their glitched money. either r* is killing accounts slowly or not everyone gets punished.

two people on my friend list who glitched excessively last week (both glitched a couple millions) got their characters deleted and bank account reset over the weekend. but others still play happily with all their glitched money. either r* is killing accounts slowly or not everyone gets punished.

Oh snap!

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
MY GOODNESS FINALLY! If anyone hasn't had the option to purchase/equip helmets, buy a new hairstyle. My girl had braids, never had the option to buy any new helmets. Switched to Pixie, immediately came up- switched back to braids with my new glorious helmet. It was bugging me for so long!

Thanks for this, I was having the same issue. I don't even like the braids, but it looks good under a hat.

Warablo

Eh, if they kill my character I will just play Batman and wait for BF 4 on the PS4... Their online is fun, but I can't play the game normal with the payouts of RP/Cash with the way it is now.

I can't imagine the people who don't have the time to play can even make money in this game... I played it all the time and barely cracked 100k..

E92 M3

Nope. I highly doubt anyone will get banned.

Two conflicting reports, but maybe the character deletions could be attributed to a glitch.

Everything is so fucking expensive online ($4,000 for sunglasses lol) and my lack of time to play properly is pushing me to glitch some money. If I do decide to do it, won't be more than half million.

What are the your guys thoughts on this glitch -- is it fair or bullshit?

Autofokus

I got two level 12 characters deleted (around a week ago), including the bank account without resorting to any glitch, all legit. I assume your friends got caught in the whole char-deletion fuck-up that happened back then, like me.

I'm surprised R* haven't been tougher, but it's hard when they can't even sell GTA $ for whatever reason.

Once they do things may change they may see it more as stealing, I dunno.

It happens in most games these days.

Acorn

Two conflicting reports, but maybe the character deletions could be attributed to a glitch.

Everything is so fucking expensive online ($4,000 for sunglasses lol) and my lack of time to play properly is pushing me to glitch some money. If I do decide to do it, won't be more than half million.

Its not 'fair' but neither is the problems r* have caused some players. Plus it doesn't really effect others so it's on them to fix their shit.

Haven't done it myself as it looks tedious.

Ploid 3.0

Eh, if they kill my character I will just play Batman and wait for BF 4 on the PS4...

I can't imagine the people who don't have the time to play can even make money in this game... I played it all the time and barely cracked 100k..

I don't care if I'm banned. When I was attempting it I figured I'm just playing this version as a appetizer for when the PC version is ready.

I'm doing this right now. It is insane.

I tried all day yesterday. I kept spawning inside LSCustoms on foot after the second normal car round with my car around the side of the block. It worked one time after one car to PSN card store round which was odd, but I was only able to trade the car 2 times and then I spawned in LSC on foot again. I had spawn at last location and everything.

hexen

Neo Member

if you lose a character due to a server error you always keep the money in the bank, because it is stored independent of characters. if that money is gone too, it looks like done on purpose.

i wouldn't do this glitch. it's a real exploit, compared to the mission replay-stuff. losing everything is a high risk, especially considering making money isn't that hard with the right missions and the 500k gift in the near future.

Shadownet

Banned
One of my friends did the car glitch and now.. He's 90 millions dollars wealthier than most of us. And that was after he bought everything article of clothing in the game and filled his 10 car garage. Now he spend his retirement calling mercenary team on people who are annoying in his session and helping other level up faster by hosting high level missions.

After playing some more last night, I'm more irritated with the car unlock system than the cash system right now. I'm sitting on 200k, but unless I get really good or boost I will never unlock everything for cars, and if I do, it'll take weeks or months. I just want my Buffalo to purr, dammit!

Side note: For rhose of you with Buffalos can you install a roll cage? I know you can (and did) in SP but for some reason I'm not seeing the option online (AFAIK I'm of the appropriate level to try to do so).

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I'm also very surprised that Rockstar hasn't been tougher on their design and content team, considering how boring GTA Online is right now. :)

Yeah it really is boring. This coming from a guy that could only imagine how crazy GTA VC would be if multiple players were able to occupy the world. Rockstar really took the fun out of doing crazy random things with this mode. So much to be punished for.

E92 M3

One of my friends did the car glitch and now.. He's 90 millions dollars wealthier than most of us. And that was after he bought everything article of clothing in the game and filled his 10 car garage. Now he spend his retirement calling mercenary team on people who are annoying in his session and helping other level up faster by hosting high level missions.

Can't say I'm not jealous.

Ploid 3.0

After playing some more last night, I'm more irritated with the car unlock system than the cash system right now. I'm sitting on 200k, but unless I get really good or boost I will never unlock everything for cars, and if I do, it'll take weeks or months. I just want my Buffalo to purr, dammit!

Side note: For rhose of you with Buffalos can you install a roll cage? I know you can (and did) in SP but for some reason I'm not seeing the option online (AFAIK I'm of the appropriate level to try to do so).

So which version do you have? Any PSN'ers want to set up a schedule for getting these annoying unlocks done? Motorcycle or Super car to unlock everything.

E92 M3

Its not 'fair' but neither is the problems r* have caused some players. Plus it doesn't really effect others so it's on them to fix their shit.

Haven't done it myself as it looks tedious.

Certainly is tedious, otherwise I would have been more impulsive, lol. In regards to affecting others: a wealthy player can create a nuisance by placing bounties or just messing around with heavy weaponry.

Yeah I'm also very surprised that Rockstar hasn't been tougher on their design and content team, considering how boring GTA Online is right now. :)

R* needs to either offer us a fuck around server (this is GTA after all) or eliminate the cost of dying/bad sport rating. People are being very conservative because of all of the monetary restrictions and bad sport crap. I understand the logic behind enforcing on a certain set of actions, but the noose needs to be loosened a bit.

I wonder if there's anyway to take away money from people who used the exploit, like if there's anyway to tell who used it.

Like in real life, bank transactions lol.

duckroll

I just want what was originally promised for the launch. They said that GTA Online would have a Content Creator to make your own Deathmatch and Race setups, and they said you would be able to do Heists with friends. Don't see any of that so far!

So I bought the Majestic Apt, the 253K one, after watching the video linked earlier in the thread. I liked the view as it didn't have a fucking crane anywhere in sight, plus I can see the Ferris wheel and the mountains. Invited my buds over for some green juice and bong rips and then they just disappeared. Happened on two separate occasions... they had console freezes :S

Fuck it, I perfer drinking alone anyhow.

I've had a console freeze in my apartment too, had to do with using the security cam or the WEAZLE NEWS feed and then walking away from the TV.

It's happened twice to me, so I think it's a bug.

I just want what was originally promised for the launch. They said that GTA Online would have a Content Creator to make your own Deathmatch and Race setups, and they said you would be able to do Heists with friends. Don't see any of that so far!

I don't think they ever promised that stuff for launch. They did say you'd be able to do heists and the content creator, but they were always vague on "when" you could do that -- and then they released the "GTA Online information" newswire post that said it wouldn't be available right away.

I was expecting it to be available a couple weeks in ... But who knows. I really hope the content creator comes out soon. Although like other's have said, I wonder how it'll work with money and RP payouts because it could be really easy to exploit. Drive car 1 foot, get $1000 and 1000 RP. It's seeming more likely that it won't have any RP/$ tied to it which is a bummer.

Ploid 3.0

Beta Phase 4 maybe. Phase 4's are always juicy.

Ploid 3.0

57 hours and you only have 20k left in the bank? What have you been buying?!

Apartment, and Super Car, I do all my missions solo, and before they nerfed replay I'd just stick to one and farm it. Some of the missions were long but fun to try to race. Then I started doing duct right before nerf, and moved to Martin's Lawyer mission.

E92 M3

Easy. Unranked lobby. No RP gained, no money gained or lost.

With weapons littered about -- just like the GTA 3 commercial described lol!

Apartment, and Super Car, I do all my missions solo, and before they nerfed replay I'd just stick to one and farm it. Some of the missions were long but fun to try to race. Then I started doing duct right before nerf, and moved to Martin's Lawyer mission.

Is the lawyer mission the one to farm now? And when do you access it?

Top Bottom