• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

This game could really benefit from having the map key customizable (I think it was in IV). Half the time I can't tell where north is, or notice a security truck because all the minimap is is 3000 blue icons I don't care about. Too cluttered.

Imm0rt4l

I'm pretty sure most people don't even know about free aim. They're sticking to the default setting, the one they used while playing story mode.

Anyway, I'm on auto-aim too because GTAO missions take up 99% of my time online and they're next to impossible with free aim.
I play free aim and they are far from impossible

Is more RP rewarded for free-aim? If not I think Rockstar should implement it ASAP. I think it would bring a lot of players over to create more free-aiming lobbies.

Grinchy

Banned
I suck really bad at aiming with a controller :)

For me, in this game, it's not an issue of aiming with a controller. The issue is that I can't even see the damn enemies half the time. It feels like Far Cry 2 a little bit where enemies can shoot you with the accuracy of a green beret when you can't even figure out where they are yet.

Even with the auto aim on, it will snap to a person that I will start shooting, but I still haven't even seen them yet.

btw if you want to kill someone in a tank

call a mugger on them. and when the mugger pulls them out of the tank, snipe them.

good luck doing it any other way, but that way seems pretty effective

Oh hey, how do you get your personalized plate online? I read something about using the iFruit app but I'm not entirely clear on how I install it on the car (I'm paranoid I'm going to eft something else up on the car given the rather bare interface)

Tawpgun

Is more RP rewarded for free-aim? If not I think Rockstar should implement it ASAP. I think it would bring a lot of players over to create more free-aiming lobbies.

Really should. Missions are significantly harder and more time consuming. But also more enjoyable imo.

I got pretty good at GTA combat. Mix of cover, Rolling, aiming and run and gunning. Love TDM/DM's.

so what is the game balancing reason that you cannot sell a high value vehicle you own? (over 50k)??

i can't think of any, i feel like it's just an excuse to get people to purchase more cash cards. good thing that glitch exists for me to be able to sell my comet, bc i don't trust 'overwriting' a car in my garage until the game gets patched and i don't hear about 10 people losing their garage every day.

louiedog

btw if you want to kill someone in a tank

call a mugger on them. and when the mugger pulls them out of the tank, snipe them.

good luck doing it any other way, but that way seems pretty effective

I find the idea of a mugger pulling someone out of a tank so you can snipe them to be hilarious. Stuff like that is what keeps bringing me back.

Vlodril

Is there something even more wrong with matchmaking? i am trying to start some random missions i find in the freeroam but noone ever joins..

So if you buy a heli/plane/boat, do you have to pay for insurance, or does it automatically come with insurance?

I know you pay $1k to have the vehicle delivered to you, but what happens if it explodes? You can call another one in for $1k?

dosh

For me, in this game, it's not an issue of aiming with a controller. The issue is that I can't even see the damn enemies half the time. It feels like Far Cry 2 a little bit where enemies can shoot you with the accuracy of a green beret when you can't even figure out where they are yet.

Even with the auto aim on, it will snap to a person that I will start shooting, but I still haven't even seen them yet.
You're right.

guess not.

I do (alliagtor-dosh). As most of Brit Gaf apparently.

Gaz_RB

The homie Tawpgun and I after discovering the Submarine. Shortly before it was blown out of the water by a jet...

0_0.jpg

PS: why does the sub have two seats, but only one person can get in it?

Tawpgun

The homie Tawpgun and I after discovering the Submarine. Shortly before it was blown out of the water by a jet...

0_0.jpg

Next time gotta pick it up with the cargobob.

Also, is there anyway to get scuba gear in MP?

tehPete

Banned
Anyone money glitching deserves to be banned; fuck that shit.

Care to explain your reasoning on this? Please elaborate on how people using the LSC glitch are impacting your personal experience with the game to the extent that you'd like to see them banned from the service.

Derrick01

Banned
So I hit 27 last night and 28 just now and I haven't unlocked anything new at all. Or at least I've stopped getting the pop ups that say new clothes/mods/hair styles. Is it glitched or am I really just grinding for absolutely nothing now?

Anyone money glitching deserves to be banned; fuck that shit.

Screw that. No one should be forced to play by Rockstar's sleazy F2P grinding rules.

CookTrain

Care to explain your reasoning on this? Please elaborate on how people using the LSC glitch are impacting your personal experience with the game to the extent that you'd like to see them banned from the service.

Not that I've seen it happen, but if someone kept dropping £10k bounties on me because they had limitless funds, I'd be sad. So it could impact someone in that way.

tehPete

Banned
Not that I've seen it happen, but if someone kept dropping £10k bounties on me because they had limitless funds, I'd be sad. So it could impact someone in that way.

True, but that person will find themselves flagged as a bad sport VERY quickly and then you won't have to worry about them.

Edit - I'm actually having problems thinking of any scenario where money alone could cause any significant impact to the experience of others.

sunnz

Can you make races with performance upgrades OFF.

So stupid for R* to allow this ( its fine for free roam, not for racing)

man, i really want to add a schafter to my garage but u can't buy one and i have no idea where they spawn. seemed like the best sedan i drove, fugitive was nice but gave out at high speeds, washington was good but a little heavy which slowed it down, tailgator is boring

Tawpgun

1. What class of car is the sultan? Can't find mine in sedans or sports.

2. Is there list of what vehicles you can put in your garage? I tried putting a Sanchez in and it wouldn't let me. Then I reload my game and it's sitting in my garage. It wouldn't let me take the sherif park ranger SUV people said was available as a personal vehicle

xBladeM6x

Sounds like he's got a case of the moral superiority complex. lololololololol

Reule

So I hit 27 last night and 28 just now and I haven't unlocked anything new at all. Or at least I've stopped getting the pop ups that say new clothes/mods/hair styles. Is it glitched or am I really just grinding for absolutely nothing now?
It may be a glitch in that the pop ups probably should be coming up but you're definitely still unlocking stuff. Some levels I don't get any pop ups and others I do. Just check around the stores to see if you've unlocked anything.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

0_0.jpg

So, can we get scuba gear from the sub like in SP? or are the waters just completely off limit unless you want to risk drowning in GTAO?

breakfuss

I know this has probably been asked before (a million times over), but what's the absolute nicest apartment to buy?

edit: and, are we getting the R* star money today? hopefully? maybe?!

So I think you can destroy the money in a Security Truck. One passed by as I was going to log off last night so I slapped the stick bomb n the back doors at a stoplight. A car crossing between us freaked out so I decided to just say fuck it and detonate. 4 car chain reaction including destroying the security truck, no cash dropped. My only gift was a 4 star rating which did me in quickly as I was in a jacked ride.

So instead of making 5k I lost 2k. Oops.

Seems like Joystiq made a post about the infinite money glitch and also referenced GAF. At this point, I am expecting R* to take action.

Yeah, somethings gonna have to be done. Seeing as its as easy as looking at someone's social account to see how they made their money... its just determining exactly how much money they consider a person to have as "too much" in car sales.

I never have, nor do I have any intent, of any malicious intent with this glitched money. I just like to drive around my fancy cars and planes at a million miles an hour through the city.

E92 M3

Yeah, somethings gonna have to be done. Seeing as its as easy as looking at someone's social account to see how they made their money... its just determining exactly how much money they consider a person to have as "too much" in car sales.

I never have, nor do I have any intent, of any malicious intent with this glitched money. I just like to drive around my fancy cars and planes at a million miles an hour through the city.

I would have glitched a mil or so - but now after this article, it's too risky.

todahawk

Free Aim makes everything better even missions*

*Except Survival. Shit is SO hard without auto aim. Can only make it to Wave 5-6.

If I'm having trouble connecting with friends or crew i'll start up survival on my own and when I get the wave down to 1 go explore the map and look for good areas to defend from.

On Railyard there is a building at the far end where you can go around back and eventually climb up two levels to the roof. The roof has a really good rim to take cover behind an it also has 6 AC unit/vent type things on top that are about 6 feet tall and work great as cover when the choppers come. I was on Wave 9 soloing the map when I screwed up and a grenade didn't make it over the ledge and killed me :(

Top Bottom