• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

metzger203

Not sure if it was posted already, but here are some cars that LSC will pay top dollar for:

Ra7Eyur.png

When does the payment happen has it happened yet? Also should I fill my character slots before then? Also does my character look like a crackhead permanently if I selected max illegal activity ?

The bad sport system is terrible. Keep the dunce hat but lose the separate lobbies.

Nope. I for one am all for this. Wanna act like an idiot blowing up peoples cars and shit? Join the chaos.

It would be one thing if they didn't give the player multiple warnings.

Tawpgun

Nope. I for one am all for this. Wanna act like an idiot blowing up peoples cars and shit? Join the chaos.

You can't seriously be for the current bad sport system.

If someone is coming after you in their car and you blow it up in self defense you are labeled as a bad sport. That's fucked up.

If someone is coming after you in their car and you blow it up in self defense you are labeled as a bad sport. That's fucked up.

Shoot the driver. It's not that hard. Especially with the lock on system. I never had a problem with assholes trying to run me over.

Anyone money glitching deserves to be banned; fuck that shit.

In fact I think that they should also be thrown together in rooms with other glitchers. Have them all play together as low level millionares.

JerC

Not being allowed to join friends is one of the worst designs I have ever seen. I got no warning either. Just one saying I was a bad sport. They really need to remove it. If you're scared then maybe GTA isn't the game for you.

Imm0rt4l

Imagine how bad the game would be if everyone ould blew up other players cars with impunity.

Bad sport system>>

Not being allowed to join friends is one of the worst designs I have ever seen. I got no warning either. Just one saying I was a bad sport. They really need to remove it. If you're scared then maybe GTA isn't the game for you.

Scared? What? No. I don't wanna have to pay $500 to $1000 every time some asshole acts like an idiot. Want to blow up cars? There are a bunch of NPC cars to go wild on.

And from what I heard the bad sport isn't forever. It's more of a time out. Act nice and you can play with your friends. Or have you friends become bad sports too. More games should do this.

waypoetic

Banned

I didn't know there was a particular way you're supposed to play a GTA game! Man, they really should put that on the box "Destroy and kill everything! It's like Postal but way prettier!", i've totally been playing this series ALL wrong!

However you want to play GTAO isn't an excuse for you being an asshole and griefing everybody. If you're just driving around killing random players, well, why did Rockstar bother with all those missions and character and vehicle progression stuff?

Tawpgun

Shoot the driver. It's not that hard. Especially with the lock on system. I never had a problem with assholes trying to run me over.

In fact I think that they should also be thrown together in rooms with other glitchers. Have them all play together as low level millionares.

Umm, I don't want to take the more difficult option in taking them out. If someone is messing with me im gonna toss a sticky bomb behind me and take them out. It's self defense and its far more effective than trying to shoot at them while driving. Bullshit that the game punishes you for self defense.

Oh, and reclaiming a car costs almost nothing. Pretty sure hospital bills are more. So killing people is costlier for the victim but is allowed by the game. Destroying their car is cheaper but is penalized. Come on!

So killing people on foot racking up their bills is OK by Rockstar standards but as soon as you kill them in their own car is penalized?

This is only one bad part of an overall bad penalty/money loss system.

How can I beat that
steal the tanker
mission from Lamar? 6 cop cars chasing me and a friend on easy it is brutal. Is there a easy/stealth way?

Scared? What? No. I don't wanna have to pay $500 to $1000 every time some asshole acts like an idiot. Want to blow up cars? There are a bunch of NPC cars to go wild on.

And from what I heard the bad sport isn't forever. It's more of a time out. Act nice and you can play with your friends. Or have you friends become bad sports too. More games should do this.

it's possibly a good idea but poorly executed.

there should be a more intelligent system for deciding whether you're a 'bad sport', as it stands, you can be the most asshole griefer in the world, spawn killing players, killing players after you've been spawned back into free mode, killing players in your own clan, and as far as R* are ocncerned you're a sporting gentleman.

Accidentally blow up, or blow up a car that's chasing you that happens to be someone's private car or get removed from jobs midway through for connection errors, you get a dunce hat and have to play with other equally unfortunate players.

How can I beat that
steal the tanker
mission from Lamar? 6 cop cars chasing me and a friend on easy it is brutal. Is there a easy/stealth way?
I honestly grinded it by just taking the thing to the location. It seems that in all the missions the enemies chasing you disappear once you get with a certain distance of the destination.

JerC

Why can't the offending player pay the fee, like it is now, but leave out the bad sport labeling?

Or leave bad sport in but allow you to play with friends.

I didn't know there was a particular way you're supposed to play a GTA game! Man, they really should put that on the box "Destroy and kill everything! It's like Postal but way prettier!", i've totally been playing this series ALL wrong!

However you want to play GTAO isn't an excuse for you being an asshole and griefing everybody. If you're just driving around killing random players, well, why did Rockstar bother with all those missions and character and vehicle progression stuff?

I never told you how to play the game. Might wanna learn to read. But R* are telling me how to play it. You just made my point haha. Thanks.

Umm, I don't want to take the more difficult option in taking them out. If someone is messing with me im gonna toss a sticky bomb behind me and take them out. It's self defense and its far more effective than trying to shoot at them while driving. Bullshit that the game punishes you for self defense.

Oh, and reclaiming a car costs almost nothing. Pretty sure hospital bills are more. So killing people is costlier for the victim but is allowed by the game. Destroying their car is cheaper but is penalized. Come on!

So killing people on foot racking up their bills is OK by Rockstar standards but as soon as you kill them in their own car is penalized?

This is only one bad part of an overall bad penalty/money loss system.

The cost of dying is a totally different conversation and SHOULD be changed.

I am guessing you are in a bad sport server and seem bitter about it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How can I beat that
steal the tanker
Get out of the tanker when the cops are on you, steal another car and escape, then go back and get the tanker. Boom, mission becomes 100x easier.

I've brute forced it once but this is so much more efficient, and has worked without fail for me.

duckroll

Get out of the tanker when the cops are on you, steal another car and escape, then go back and get the tanker. Boom, mission becomes 100x easier.

I've brute forced it once but this is so much more efficient, and has worked without fail for me.

We had 4 people. Dresden stole the tanker, started driving it away. Me and wonzo stayed behind to block off the cops and killed a ton of them. I think Hosanna followed dresden for a bit before having to fight the cops too. We were wondering why the tanker was moving so slowly and going almost nowhere even though all the cops were on us, then dresden went "I think two of the wheels on this thing are gone, it's a pain to drive". LOL. So we just kept holding off the cops while he struggled to pull it to the delivery point. Took forever.

One of the best things is figuring out how to beat missions... It's like the old classic GTAs again, unlike GTAIV which gave you a very specific way of beating every mission.

A friend and I had a BLAST on the second steal the tanker PvE mission because we died so many goddam times and tried almost everything.

Same with Lester's "LAst Chopper out of Los Santos" mission... it was a blast to finally beat it. The mission kinda glitched out for us at one point but it added to it. So, when you steal the chopper, an enemy chopper comes. I decided to park my chopper and get out and fire at the enemy chopper until I took it down. Well, I killed all the bad guys but the pilot so he was pretty much useless.

We successfully delivered the chopper and did everythign else but noticed one final enemy on the map way back near the beginning of the mission. So we drove cautiously over there... It was the pilot of the chopper sitting in the middle of an intersection screaming obscenities at us. ... Sticky Bomb. Detonate. Mission Complete.

is there an unlock chart around? wonder when i can start getting assault rifles and explosives and sniping weapons.

Youll get access to the sniper rifle at... 20 I believe. Shortly after getting Lester as a contact. Assault rifle (the AK47 one) around.. Lvl 26 I think, and explosives around the low-twenties too.

I'm putting together a table, so if anybody has access to one or an updated guide that would be a big help.

Youll get access to the sniper rifle at... 20 I believe. Shortly after getting Lester as a contact. Assault rifle (the AK47 one) around.. Lvl 26 I think, and explosives around the low-twenties too.

I'm putting together a table, so if anybody has access to one or an updated guide that would be a big help.

sigh. don't hate me on this, but i would totally pay cash for rp/$ boosters. day job folks.

Tawpgun

The cost of dying is a totally different conversation and SHOULD be changed.

I am guessing you are in a bad sport server and seem bitter about it.

No. Never been labeled a Bad Sport. I think I've only destroyed like 2-3 max personal cars in self defense.

I can just recognize a terrible, hypocritical system when I see one.

Top Bottom