• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Do you have to be a certain level for the Cargobob or Submarine to show up where they should?

Reason I ask is because whenever I'm with my level 29 buddy and we go to the helipads at the airport, the Cargobob is always there, but when I go by myself (I'm level 13), it never shows up. Same goes for the Submarine.

Batigol

Banned
Got the 400k apartment. Dat view

42fSSLf.jpg

Arcteryx

Took you 15 minutes to answer the door?

*Edit. I think 15 minutes is generous

Yes, signing/getting stuff from UPS and putting it away.

There should be no timer to begin with. Instead, I get to sit through 3+ minutes of loading screens and other nonsense.

This game is worse than GT5 and it's abysmal loading screens/menus.

I have a ten car garage and half my cars are GT Felons and Ballers. Just pull them out once every cycle and cash out. Replace them when I can.

Ha. I started to do the same thing when I bought my apartment last night. Drove two Ballers in there for future sales to LSC. Easy cash money.

Pennybags

I have Trevor's Bodhi now, that was easy.

Getting the Rat Loader is a bitch for now. I remember that I had it some time ago on Violent Ducks...

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Once you get to level 40 the missions actually become worthwhile. Base invaders is 25k and pretty easy too.
Yeah, missions are a lot more fun too. I never got why people were complaining about earning money in the game. Only because they want everything week 1.

Not sure if this tip has been shared here. Seen people mention doing this on other forums and it seems like a good idea.

If you're sick of losing tons of money messing around in free roam, create a second character and offload whatever money you want to save to that character. Then just go back to your main character and play with no worries of losing cash. Can't lose those precious dollars if you don't have any money on you or in the bank.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Flying a Cargobob with a friend - 200rp
Picking up a players car as he robs a store and drop said car on top of a building - priceless.

got dat ultimate garage

pegrassi monroe
baller (may want a diff SUV later didn't look into this one much)
benefactor schafter (took a while for me to find it but i love this car and no one uses it. great mods)
akuma
gauntlet
sabre turbo
injection
entity xf
cabozzare or whatever it is
exemplar (**** Get this car it's a 4 seater and fast as fuck)

only thing i'm questionable about is the SUV, wish i had room for a compact but the sabre is badass as all hell, and the gauntlet is just way too fast to ignore.

Imm0rt4l

co-sign on the exemplar. Based off the Aston Martin Rapide, so it's nice to look at too. I have one of those along with my jb700. I need to steal a truck from merryweather.

pringles

I don't buy the "X happened and now I'm a bad sport" comments.

I've gotten the good sport reward multiple times despite killing players who have attacked me and destroying a couple of personal vehicles. Definitely seems to take continued unsportsmanlike conduct and not just the occasional accident to get punished.

In other news, I hate people who start missions from the other side of the map. If you're doing Base Invaders, please go to the airfield before starting the job. Difference between a 10 minute mission and a 20 minute one.

co-sign on the exemplar. Based off the Aston Martin Rapide, so it's nice to look at too. I have one of those along with my jb700. I need to steal a truck from merryweather.

is their truck classed as 'off road'? if it is, i'm curious as to whether you can throw a turbo and such in it. might be interested in making that my offroad vehicle if that's what it's classified as. i've enjoyed the injection i just wonder if some of the bigger vehicles outclass it when souped up. IMO it beats the hell out of the sanchez cos you get rocked if you pick that in a race with real vehicles

Pennybags

I still can't get my crew emblem onto jackets instead of T-shirts.

Maybe it has to do with me being the crew leader. The options are preview-able, just locked out.

Ploid 3.0

Not sure if this tip has been shared here. Seen people mention doing this on other forums and it seems like a good idea.

If you're sick of losing tons of money messing around in free roam, create a second character and offload whatever money you want to save to that character. Then just go back to your main character and play with no worries of losing cash. Can't lose those precious dollars if you don't have any money on you or in the bank.

I suggested this a while ago, and it worked quite well. It allowed me to get on my main and go crazy. The server could still eat your character so it was pretty ballsy to try. I got a big scare the first time I tried it. Thankfully it was just a cloud down problem.

Imm0rt4l

is their truck classed as 'off road'? if it is, i'm curious as to whether you can throw a turbo and such in it. might be interested in making that my offroad vehicle if that's what it's classified as. i've enjoyed the injection i just wonder if some of the bigger vehicles outclass it when souped up. IMO it beats the hell out of the sanchez cos you get rocked if you pick that in a race with real vehicles

Apparently it's the best offroad truck.

I don't buy the "X happened and now I'm a bad sport" comments.

I've gotten the good sport reward multiple times despite killing players who have attacked me and destroying a couple of personal vehicles. Definitely seems to take continued unsportsmanlike conduct and not just the occasional accident to get punished.

In other news, I hate people who start missions from the other side of the map. If you're doing Base Invaders, please go to the airfield before starting the job. Difference between a 10 minute mission and a 20 minute one.

This. I think some believe there is some correlation with jp, but I don't know.

I suggested this a while ago, and it worked quite well. It allowed me to get on my main and go crazy. The server could still eat your character so it was pretty ballsy to try. I got a big scare the first time I tried it. Thankfully it was just a cloud down problem.

Yeah, doing that during the first few days would have been scary, but now that things are way more stable it's a great way to make sure you don't lose tons of money from screwing around in free roam.

GafferGamgee

Neo Member
I keep getting a message saying "you have been kicked off this server by other players" and when i rejoin online i get told that I will get bad sport points.

All i am doing though is minding my own business and doing single player jobs while i wait for my friends to come online and join me...

I feel like i am going to end up in a bad sport server when i have done literally nothing wrong at all...

is this normal?

KAP151

I keep getting a message saying "you have been kicked off this server by other players" and when i rejoin online i get told that I will get bad sport points.

All i am doing though is minding my own business and doing single player jobs while i wait for my friends to come online and join me...

I feel like i am going to end up in a bad sport server when i have done literally nothing wrong at all...

is this normal?

It happens to everyone, dont worry.

dosh

is this normal?

Yeah, I got the message twice. And I still regularly receive money for being a good sport, so I wouldn't worry about it.

KAP151

Doing 3 lap Criminal Records runs on XBL. Ridiculously easy and fast RP and wins for your car mods. Grinding out my last 5 levels.

Add me if you want in.

Gold Member
If I'm having trouble connecting with friends or crew i'll start up survival on my own and when I get the wave down to 1 go explore the map and look for good areas to defend from.

On Railyard there is a building at the far end where you can go around back and eventually climb up two levels to the roof. The roof has a really good rim to take cover behind an it also has 6 AC unit/vent type things on top that are about 6 feet tall and work great as cover when the choppers come. I was on Wave 9 soloing the map when I screwed up and a grenade didn't make it over the ledge and killed me :(
Boneyard has a white porta cabin near the spawn point (when you first load up) really close to the wall. If you get a player either end of it defending it you can do wave 10 easily (I only use free aim). Well the choppers can be a pain but the rednecks are cannon fodder :)

Edit: that rail yard one also has a cargo rail car (I think it's red) you can hide in and the enemies have a real hard time shooting you for some reason. Or the roof you speak of, that's a good place too got to wave 9 there a couple of times as they just try to climb up and you can mow them down as they climb.

Top Bottom