• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Man I am useless at remembering the names of the vehicles. Don't know what any of them are by looking at them.

Scuderia

Doing 3 lap Criminal Records runs on XBL. Ridiculously easy and fast RP and wins for your car mods. Grinding out my last 5 levels.

Add me if you want in.

Why 3 lap and not 2?

You seem to get a great RP bonus for finishing the first lap, but not the rest right?

Ji66a-Man

Finally found an Obey Tailgaiter for my garage, but there's a problem if you make it your personal vehicle. If you make any of the vehicles from Simeon's active wanted list your personal vehicle, you get 2 stars when you leave your garage in that vehicle.

Finally saved enough cash to buy an apartment down near the docks, looking forward to a sea view but all of the curtains and blinds are drawn.

todahawk

Boneyard has a white porta cabin near the spawn point (when you first load up) really close to the wall. If you get a player either end of it defending it you can do wave 10 easily (I only use free aim). Well the choppers can be a pain but the rednecks are cannon fodder :)

Edit: that rail yard one also has a cargo rail car (I think it's red) you can hide in and the enemies have a real hard time shooting you for some reason. Or the roof you speak of, that's a good place too got to wave 9 there a couple of times as they just try to climb up and you can mow them down as they climb.

i'll have to look for that on boneyard....i'll occasionally play with randoms and they just run around and die quickly. the roof of that one building is fine except for choppers. it can get dicey if they have good angles on you.

yeah, i saw someone in that open rail car... he was last man standing and finished clearing the level from there.

i definitely need to find some spots on the other maps, haven't spent much time on them. industrial (iirc) didn't have much in the way of defendible spots but i only tried it a few times. a couple of my crew is 70+ so we've been doing higher level missions as of late.

if you're on PSN shoot me a FR, my id is todahawk

I wonder if people are less likely to murder you if you have a female character.

fight fire with fire my man.

or use lester's 'off the grid'. it's insane how useful that is. to either get away or sneakily snag a kill on someone who was coming for you.

on that note i absolutely love going into a game and getting into an all out war with the highest level guy on the map. throw your useless mercenaries at me. waste your money on a bounty. i don't care what u do, bring it on! bc no matter how relentless you are, i won't stop hunting you :)

Lima

so LSC glitchers are being put with other cheaters? http://i.imgur.com/5kVXJEW.jpg

Can anyone verify?

Good thing I told all my friends about it then. That way we can still play together.

The best way to do it is to race 4 laps and with each lap being slowly faster than the previous. Tons of RP.

Not if you are a high level. Then you should only do 2 laps since you reach the maximum RP after the first lap.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I wish they would let those people play in private matches with their friends though. Or let them create a new character uneffected by the cheating.

Bit it's the account holder being.punished not the character. You could create a second PSN if it's that big of an issue.

Spazznid

fight fire with fire my man.

or use lester's 'off the grid'. it's insane how useful that is. to either get away or sneakily snag a kill on someone who was coming for you.

on that note i absolutely love going into a game and getting into an all out war with the highest level guy on the map. throw your useless mercenaries at me. waste your money on a bounty. i don't care what u do, bring it on! bc no matter how relentless you are, i won't stop hunting you :)

My man. Dude, I never realized what a troll-faced demon I can be, but I will hunt people down for sport. The thrill is so fucking righteous.

So does anyone know if you can modify either of the buses you can buy?

I really want to want to make a giant GAF bus for the crew but I didn't think you could paint it and put a logo on it. I want armor and tires too.

-Deimos

lol why do we all have such similar looking dudes?

0_0.jpg

Looks like a slightly fatter clone of my character, complete with matching hairstyle, beard and hair color.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So does anyone know if you can modify either of the buses you can buy?

I really want to want to make a giant GAF bus for the crew but I didn't think you could paint it and put a logo on it. I want armor and tires too.

Maybe try in SP first to see if you can.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
See, us BritGAF dudes have got it right. No grinding, just doing missions and being awesome with each other. It's a damn pleasure.

I salute you (for an awkwardly long time), sir. Can you post your logo/tag? I'd like to alert the Louts that BritGAF are a fine bunch who should be helped out in a pinch, if ever there was a pinch-like situation.

Are there any plans for crew rivalries or alliances or anything? The whole crew angle and riding with your mates makes Online such a pleasure, and that would be pretty cool.

If you require proof of how uncouth we are, please see below (terribly sorry, I blinked):
0_0.jpg

Grisby

That feel when you log back on and nothing saved. :(

Spent a half-hour doing a mission and now I'm back, like, two missions before.

E92 M3

So it's strange guys: I hit level 52, but I don't have any of the phone abilities like lose wanted level and Merryweather is not in my contact book. Did something glitch?

KAP151

I hope all the exploiters of the LSC glitch get reamed and put together in their own lobby.

The salty tears will be delicious.

E92 M3

What happens when you call Lester? Are the options just greyed out?

No options at all - just a dial tone. Though, I didn't do a single mission for him yet - could that be it? Also, Merryweather was never added to my phone either.

Also: when I call Lamar, I can't use the mugger function.

After playing some more last night, I'm more irritated with the car unlock system than the cash system right now. I'm sitting on 200k, but unless I get really good or boost I will never unlock everything for cars, and if I do, it'll take weeks or months. I just want my Buffalo to purr, dammit!

Side note: For rhose of you with Buffalos can you install a roll cage? I know you can (and did) in SP but for some reason I'm not seeing the option online (AFAIK I'm of the appropriate level to try to do so).

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the roll cage option either for the Buffalo, then again it's been a bit since I last took it in for upgrades. I'll check it the next time I'm on.

EDIT:

Buy it through the website. It is glitched if you buy it via the sign before the apartment.

LAAAAAME! That's why I also didn't get it. >_<

nbraun80

No options at all - just a dial tone. Though, I didn't do a single mission for him yet - could that be it? Also, Merryweather was never added to my phone either.

Also: when I call Lamar, I can't use the mugger function.

I've never seen any crate drops do I looked at my stats and it said it was still locked even though it mentioned id start seeing them a long time ago. I was doing some random eon missions with a buddy and after that I started seeing them alot. So some things might be locked behind missions even if you're the appropriate level.

JerC

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the roll cage option either for the Buffalo, then again it's been a bit since I last took it in for upgrades. I'll check it the next time I'm on.

There is 2 versions. Franklins one and the crap one. Shame because Franklins is sweet when it's done up. Why would they let that out I do not know. Maybe if you buy one you might get it.

I went on for about 20 mins tonight, feel kinda bad because I pretty much killed and hunted everyone I could within that span of time. I was unstoppable. I even put bounties on people then killed them to collect it after a tense showdown with numerous other thugs.

It was fun, but a few people quit after the onslaught, lol.

Grisby

Two quick questions guys. How do I use the power-ups when you race? Also, if I rob a store with a dude in free mode how can I share the money? Didn't see an option when I held select.

Top Bottom