• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I went on for about 20 mins tonight, feel kinda bad because I pretty much killed and hunted everyone I could within that span of time. I was unstoppable. I even put bounties on people then killed them to collect it after a tense showdown with numerous other thugs.

It was fun, but a few people quit after the onslaught, lol.
This is how u play gta online gents :)

E92 M3

I've never seen any crate drops do I looked at my stats and it said it was still locked even though it mentioned id start seeing them a long time ago. I was doing some random eon missions with a buddy and after that I started seeing them alot. So some things might be locked behind missions even if you're the appropriate level.

Seems like I got the phone calls now, but everything is backed up or something. Only one ability unlocks at a time..

AReed

After playing some more last night, I'm more irritated with the car unlock system than the cash system right now. I'm sitting on 200k, but unless I get really good or boost I will never unlock everything for cars, and if I do, it'll take weeks or months. I just want my Buffalo to purr, dammit!

Side note: For rhose of you with Buffalos can you install a roll cage? I know you can (and did) in SP but for some reason I'm not seeing the option online (AFAIK I'm of the appropriate level to try to do so).

It is going to take a long time. I'll boost with you if you want.

Does anyone know how I can get the Enus Super Diamond (Rolls Royce) in the online mode? I can't find it on any of the ingame websites. I am currently level 25, do more cars unlock on the websites as you gain in levels? If so which level does the Enus Super Diamond unlock at?

I would also like a Hearse but I have read that this is not available online at all which is a shame as it is a fully functioning vehicle which is also modable.

Kajiba

It looks like they are putting people in cheater pools

http://i.imgur.com/yfRzLOr.png

Oh damn lol. Had a feeling they was going to do something similar to the cheaters online like from red dead or max payne. I wonder if Lima got put in that pool yet lol

Early today I was playing online and some 245 level person just came out of nowhere and had a bounty on him for $9,000. For some reason I decided to go after him and get the money. I jump in my bullet car and went after him. As I was getting closer to him, I hear nothing but police cars, firetrucks, and helicopters in the air and some blown up on the ground. It didn't hit me for some reason until I saw what the hell I was about to get myself into. Dude had TANK in the middle of the city wrecking havoc just blowing shit up repeatedly lol. Whole room was trying at one point to go after him but they just gave up after a couple of deaths over and over again. It was fun though.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone tell me how to actually get people to join my sessions?

I'm running MUWC, Titan of a Job, things I thought were fairly okay, and fucking no one actually joins usually. I'm NAT type 2. Anyone got tips?

Oh damn lol. Had a feeling they was going to do something similar to the cheaters online like from red dead or max payne. I wonder if Lima got put in that pool yet lol

Early today I was playing online and some 245 level person just came out of nowhere and had a bounty on him for $9,000. For some reason I decided to go after him and get the money. I jump in my bullet car and went after him. As I was getting closer to him, I hear nothing but police cars, firetrucks, and helicopters in the air and some blown up on the ground. It didn't hit me for some reason until I saw what the hell I was about to get myself into. Dude had TANK in the middle of the city wrecking havoc just blowing shit up repeatedly lol. Whole room was trying at one point to go after him but they just gave up after a couple of deaths over and over again. It was fun though.
That's what I do when I have a bounty on me. Fuck staying in my apartment. I teamed up with a guy that had a fire truck and while he was driving people I was betting people around with my cannon. It's so much more fun than blowing them up.

Defyler

Just had 200k worth of mods deleted and all the race credits towards mods gone. This is after having a level 18 character deleted the first week. Rockstar has been horrendous with this multiplayer release.

Stimulus gimmick / apology is pointless when I can't even save or enjoy my progress in multiplayer.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
its bullshit all around, still can't do it solo aa or fa.

I did it solo. I got a chopper (called Lester) and landed it on the roof of a house nearby. I then sniped everyone and swooped in with the chopper to take the picture and rolled out.

Riggs

Banned
They nerfed the Roof cover on Bone Yard survival. 25 second count down to get off roof, or mission fails. Lol ... so much easier ways to make money anyway.

Derrick01

Banned
So when can we expect the first content patch? It's been two weeks and most of the serious bugs have been ironed out now (although I would really appreciate seeing what I unlock after each level again) and we've all discovered just how horrible the base game actually is. We need some major content overhauls and fast.

Riggs

Banned
Fuck it, Grind out races .... really really good RP, and decent cash. Ron has that 25k mission too. Hopefully I find other ways to get rich before they nerf everything lol.

JerC

They nerfed the Roof cover on Bone Yard survival. 25 second count down to get off roof, or mission fails. Lol ... so much easier ways to make money anyway.

They have nerfed all the Survivals. The one in Sandy Shore by climbing on top of the 24/7 is gone now too.

Why not make it so people just can't move. That's another stupid decision. What's gonna be the next one I wonder.

Riggs

Banned
Why not make it so people just can't move. That's another stupid decision. What's gonna be the next one I wonder.

They should make it like that scene in Face Off, where we all have magnet boots. This game is awesome but these MP changes are pretty stupid. Why the fuck do they really care? It's GTA just let us fucking kill ppl and get money.

SnakeEyes

Banned
WTF, seriously?! That seems... petty. The rooftop on Boneyard was one of the only viable pieces of cover there was in that map. If anything the shed you could hide behind by the initial spawn point should have been blocked off, that's a far more "cheap" camping spot.

-Deimos

Two quick questions guys. How do I use the power-ups when you race? Also, if I rob a store with a dude in free mode how can I share the money? Didn't see an option when I held select.

L3. Hold select, inventory I think, cash, share cash from previous job?

WTF? That was a legitimate cover spot. I thought GTA was about freedom and doing whatever the hell I wanted to do. Way to force me to play the game in a particular way.

MAX PAYMENT

GTA Online is nowhere near as good as I'd hoped.

I'm level 33.
The missions have been lame so far.
There's nothing fun to do in free roam besides terrorize other players. And you're penalized for that.
Once you have an apartment, money seems damn near useless.

Back to SC Blacklist Spies vs Mercs for me, I think.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Okay, nerfing cash/RP on the farmable missions is one thing, but now I'm starting to have a bit of beef. Removing legitimate cover that's still difficult to use effectively when you have enemies pouring in from all angles and 2 helis to deal with??

I don't understand this decision at all, especially when enemies can spawn literally right next to you and kill you in a second when you're out in the open. If they're going to remove the ability to stay in one place, they should fix the wave spawn points, because right now it can be pretty frustrating.

Tawpgun

Lost like 10k in bills so far lmao.

Also, why cant I modify or garage the police SUV I've taken this one and the park ranger one. Still won't let me.

Okay, nerfing cash/RP on the farmable missions is one thing, but now I'm starting to have a bit of beef. Removing legitimate cover that's still difficult to use effectively when you have enemies pouring in from all angles and 2 helis to deal with??

I don't understand this decision at all, especially when enemies can spawn literally right next to you and kill you in a second when you're out in the open. If they're going to remove the ability to stay in one place, they should fix the wave spawn points, because right now it can be pretty frustrating.
I have to agree. That particular roof is a death trap when helicopters roll in. Instead of preventing you on the roof just send a helicopter more often.

-Deimos

Removing legitimate cover that's still difficult to use effectively when you have enemies pouring in from all angles and 2 helis to deal with??
Rooftop was practically suicide with multiple choppers unless you had a decent team. Don't mess with my rooftops Rockstar!

Ploid 3.0

Doing boost races with Finalizer and I'm getting more and more like a drunk driver. Hit his car at the start, and ran into a parked car before that.

Edit: haha this time he hit the parked car.

Foffy

Banned
So when can we expect the first content patch? It's been two weeks and most of the serious bugs have been ironed out now (although I would really appreciate seeing what I unlock after each level again) and we've all discovered just how horrible the base game actually is. We need some major content overhauls and fast.

I'm currently Rank 19, what's so bad about the base game? Is it the lack of overall mission types (Job, Mission, Deathmatch, Race, Parachute, and Survival)? Jobs and Missions do offer more variety than the others, but that's probably why it's super easy to get a full lobby for them and a nightmare to get certain races and deathmatches going. Especially races, if you want to unlock specific vehicle class upgrades.

I'm currently Rank 19, what's so bad about the base game? Is it the lack of overall mission types (Job, Mission, Deathmatch, Race, Parachute, and Survival)? Jobs and Missions do offer more variety than the others, but that's probably why it's super easy to get a full lobby for them and a nightmare to get certain races and deathmatches going. Especially races, if you want to unlock specific vehicle class upgrades.
I'm not a fan of deathmatch, I'm waiting for a better car before racing.

AReed

Just killed some dude 6 times cause he stole $9k from me after I sold the Gav.

I saw him walking out of LSC and didn't try to hurt him. I came out with my fresh stacks and BOOM! Dead. Spawned near him and preceded to cap his ass repeatedly.

Unfortunately for him I had just gotten out of a Survival match so I was loaded with high ranking weapons lol!!

BTW, isn't there a way to see who your arch enemy is? Where is that?

Holy crap Bob that was an epic wreck you had! Looked like you were trying to get around a SUV on the outside and went flying over the guard rail instead.

I was several car lengths behind you BTW.

Derrick01

Banned

It may be because I'm playing with a really small group of friends instead of full games (full of the type of online gamers that I hate in other games) but every time we play it feels like we're going through the motions, trying to unlock all of the things for free roam that Rockstar locked away from us.

I can't believe I'm saying this but we all agreed tonight we had way more fun with GTA 4's free roam despite that game having almost nothing to do in the free roam. Maybe it's because it was the first of its kind and now, 5 years later, it's not impressive anymore. I still think it's because Rockstar F2P'd all of the design decisions in this game and it drastically hurts the fun.

Everything feels like it was purposely designed to make sure you're not having fun. Got a fast car? Can't keep it, need to buy one for a ridiculous amount of money. Want to mod any car? Besides unlocking it all you need to pay like $10k+ to do it. Got a tank? It dies faster than most cars. Got a sweet jet or heli? Same as the tank, bounce it off the ground or a tree once and the heli will be smoking already. Want to do anything fun but semi-dangerous with your friends? Tough to do since you die almost immediately from anything in the game. I don't even know what body armor is for when you lose it in 2 bullets, even with the 75% armor which is what I have unlocked now (I'm level 31).

What really made us just lose hope in this game was Rockstar taking out the ability to launch almost anything with helicopter blades. I jumped from a roof on to my buddy's hovering heli and I just...died. In GTA 4 I would have been launched halfway across the map. That was like the disheartening straw that finally broke my back after experiencing all this other stuff.

jediyoshi

I can't believe I'm saying this but we all agreed tonight we had way more fun with GTA 4's free roam despite that game having almost nothing to do in the free roam. Maybe it's because it was the first of its kind and now, 5 years later, it's not impressive anymore. I still think it's because Rockstar F2P'd all of the design decisions in this game and it drastically hurts the fun.

Everything feels like it was purposely designed to make sure you're not having fun. Got a fast car? Can't keep it, need to buy one for a ridiculous amount of money. Want to mod any car? Besides unlocking it all you need to pay like $10k+ to do it. Got a tank? It dies faster than most cars. Got a sweet jet or heli? Same as the tank, bounce it off the ground or a tree once and the heli will be smoking already. Want to do anything fun but semi-dangerous with your friends? Tough to do since you die almost immediately from anything in the game. I don't even know what body armor is for when you lose it in 2 bullets, even with the 75% armor which is what I have unlocked now (I'm level 31).

It's amazing how that laundry list isn't actually back applicable to GTA4 since virtually none of those features were existent to begin with. By the way you make it sound, if they went with GTA4's level of structuring, everything would essentially still line up and it'd still be as unfavorable to you as before.

Top Bottom