• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

todahawk

Nerfing roofs on survival? WTF R*???
It's not like survival is a fast way to farm money or RP, it's a long way to wave 10.

Petty is exactly what that is... Fucking bullshit and petty.

Didn't get to play today :/ anybody want to do some Criminal Records boosting tomorrow on PS3?

yeah, i'll be up for some tomorrow but i won't be on until later in the evening prolly.
psn id = todahawk

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Didn't know you lose money in deathmatch too. I find that kinda dumb to be honest.

really? wow.

there's not a whole lot of point to "keeping" money. as soon as you get it, you should spend it on something. until you buy everything you can, then "save" it till the next hurdle.

otherwise you just lose it all on bills, and you might as well keep a near-0 balance to use all of the money you can and spend less on bills.

that half million that we're supposed to get is just going to be wasted on dying.

Wow, freemode is really full of assholes now. Getting shot at everytime you come out of a mission and you're idle for less than a minute or the second you get out of a mod shop. It's getting frustrating.

Nerfing roofs on survival? WTF R*???
It's not like survival is a fast way to farm money or RP, it's a long way to wave 10.

Petty is exactly what that is... Fucking bullshit and petty.

yeah, i'll be up for some tomorrow but i won't be on until later in the evening prolly.
psn id = todahawk

Ok cool! I'm not sure when I'll be on. Probably mid afternoon pacific time but I'll add you when I get on. My psn is tsizzle420

dreamfall

Lost so much money tonight engaging in violent, vengeful deathmatches in Free Roam. Outlasted my bounty for the achievement by flying above the clouds for nearly 20 minutes, and got through Boneyard Survival. They did keep kicking me out of the session for staying on the roof, but I rejoined and got through it!

Game is wild still! Ended up shooting Police off their boat and riding to the very edge of the map. Hopped out, swam a meter and immediately died- I just wanted to see sharks! Do they exist?! Still have not seen them!

Astery

I think I'm done with the online mode with all these patches trying to hammer gameplay instead of trying to balance out pay outs in a decent way (eg. Balance the pay out from risk/ reward aspect, not nerfing every high payout down to the level of not worth doing). Now these reminds me of Diablo 3's early no fun allowed patches that made me gave up on it.

Almost everyone is just doing criminal records and it bored the hell out of me.

20 seconds countdown to get off the roof in survival or fail? That's one fail decision. You can still be shot dead and helicopters became first priority while you are there, and it requires good team work to pull it off up there as well. Next you can't stay in the warehouse either because it got the roof cover. Wtf.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I ordered 2 extra free Elegy cars, how do I get rid of em to free up space in my garage?
I did the same as you and ended up with 2 of them. I blew one up and just left it in the Insurance queue. If the one you want to keep gets destroyed, remember it's always the 2nd one in the list :)

eival

wow i just tried Sandy Shores survival, they put a broken down van litterally right in the spot where you could shoot guys if you hid behind the tattoo shop, lol also instead of a wooden fence theres a slightly higher pile of cinderblocks or something where the AI can now blind fire over it and its almost impossible to hit them unless you manually aim.

i was waiting for the helicopter to start hovering in the line of sight too, but they didnt change that, it still hovers behind the building, im sure that will change soon tho

they've spent more time getting TU's out the door trying to change and alter the replay system for JUST those 2-3 NPC missions people were farming and now the one few spots in all survivals that was a good hide spot along with various other things, other than actually releasing the Heist and other content or the griefing issues and other stuff

but thanks for your 2 payments of 250k, ill really notice among my 30 some-odd million and garage full of adders.

i garuntee they're only giving everyone 500k because word came out that you needed a certain apartment to do heists and they want the good PR so nobody can complain about not being able to do the 1 hyped feature since before GTA 5 itself even came out.

My god the AP pistol is too damn powerful. I see a bounty being chased by two guys in another car on my map. So I hop on my motorcycle and give chase. Catch up to these guys and get into a shootout with the two chasers, I end up taking out the driver and putting them out of the chase. I speed after the bounty and I put ONE magazine into the back of his car and it explodes.

Does anyone know if the Banshee you can buy is a hard top or soft top? I want to buy it, but I don't want a roof.

I would imagine it's a hard top and you can buy the soft top in LSC.

If it's anything like the Voltic it'll be random as to which version you get delivered with no option to add a roof at the garage.

Annoying that I had to waste all the money I had in mods of my original, roofless to get the version with the roof (thanks to a bit of a "trick" I learned) because there's no option at least for the Voltic to add a roof at LSC.

uberluigi

Banned
My god the AP pistol is too damn powerful. I see a bounty being chased by two guys in another car on my map. So I hop on my motorcycle and give chase. Catch up to these guys and get into a shootout with the two chasers, I end up taking out the driver and putting them out of the chase. I speed after the bounty and I put ONE magazine into the back of his car and it explodes.
I use that more than my AK now, especially with the extended clip on it.

I did the same as you and ended up with 2 of them. I blew one up and just left it in the Insurance queue. If the one you want to keep gets destroyed, remember it's always the 2nd one in the list :)

This won't actually remove it from your garage car limit. Destroyed but insured cars still take up space in your garage. Max out your garage, then when you find another car you want, drive it in and you will be prompted to pick a car to get rid of. Only way I've found to properly get the free cars out of the garage.

Ploid 3.0

GGs Finalizer, I was off by 3 races. I guess I didn't see that EMS Upgrade, Level 4 race requirement. At least all of the vehicles seem to have been effected. upgraded my sand king - that one EMS level.

Some of those races I went twice when it was your turn and some I wasn't sure if it was my turn. I even had a system because I started to get confused and sleepy.

Gorillaz

What doesn't make sense bout the roof nerf is the fact its still risk and reward. Your not exploiting anything. The helis are still a threat and when you get out of cover ground enemies will still fuck you up.

If anything needs to be fixed its their broken as hell enemy spawn system that literally materializes them in the middle of the map.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Man, I've barely played this damn game.
Only level 20.

Need to do more races to obtain upgrades to engines.
I love my damn buggy.

Ploid 3.0

Watching Davepoobond on the news. White jacket, red pants. Hiding behind metal tree sculptures.

Dave is sneaking around beating up pedestrians. Oh crap they started beating him up. This is fun.

Tawpgun

I killed this dude that had a bounty on me. He then made it his mission to come after me. But he was entirely too predictable. Made him rage quit.

Imm0rt4l

Did the mission for Martin where you rescue Anna. Fun mission, but for a rich guy he sure is cheap. 3K for that? I probably spent that on the ammunition for the mission.

Call merry weather and steal their chopper!

yea, but if you die once you're screwed when you respawn and you're not on top of the buililding.

The Light

really? wow.

there's not a whole lot of point to "keeping" money. as soon as you get it, you should spend it on something. until you buy everything you can, then "save" it till the next hurdle.

otherwise you just lose it all on bills, and you might as well keep a near-0 balance to use all of the money you can and spend less on bills.

that half million that we're supposed to get is just going to be wasted on dying.

I'm still saving to buy my first apartment. Only have 50,000 now so thinking of just blowing it all and then use the half million we are supposed to get later to buy one. It sucks I didn't realize until now I was losing money by dying in deathmatch. I was using deathmatch as a break between robbing stores and doing missions. Now i'll just do races 1v1 races instead.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
ok, i said you can get cargobobs from airfields, they will spawn randomly.
And they did in the past.

Yesterday we tried for literally 2 hours to get a cargobob. And nothing!
Fucking nothing.
Wen wanted one to steal a tank from the military base, so we even tried to steal a cargobob from the military first because they didnt spawn on the airfields. But even there were no cargobobs.
What the hell?!

You cant even buy one!

Is there a reliable way to get one?

Has anybody a clue how the mechanic behind vehicle spawns works?
The Titan would spawn, also the anahilator and other helicopters.
Everything that normaly spawns for me spawned, just not the cargobob.

At least I found a Sultan and tuned it to an RS, although its not nearly as rad as it was in GTA IV, which is sad.

eival

0_0.jpg

this is now what it looks like on sandy shores, also theres an additional barrier over on the right where guys who come up around the back can hide behind and just try to blind fire over

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Thought I would have fun being a minor level dick yesterday, planted a sticky bomb near a door when two randoms were in a clothes shop. They walk out, I detonate the bomb, causing a freak chain reaction and destroying both their cars. Got two bad sport warnings. Oopsy!

waypoetic

Banned
Survival rooftop? Are you on a rooftop? What? I've only played two survival missions so i'm pretty unaware of everything survival - i've played the survival mission that's at sandy shores though, me and a buddy hid behind two walls and wave 10 was reached and completed in a couple of minutes.

Survival rooftop? Are you on a rooftop? What? I've only played two survival missions so i'm pretty unaware of everything survival - i've played the survival mission that's at sandy shores though, me and a buddy hid behind two walls and wave 10 was reached and completed in a couple of minutes.

Wait, what? What have they done?

In the Boneyard survival mission, that one roof that you can use for cover is now considered out of bounds and you'll fail the mission if you stay there. As I understand it, they've also nerfed other survival missions by blocking off popular cover locations.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
In the Boneyard survival mission, that one roof that you can use for cover is now considered out of bounds and you'll fail the mission if you stay there. As I understand it, they've also nerfed other survival missions by blocking off popular cover locations.

I know that roof well; it didn't exactly stop players from getting slotted.

Decided that once I get the 500k from Rockstar, I'll spend on vehicles and customizations. After that, I'm basically done with online. The Survival nerf was essentially the final blow

Setting out to create a second character to use as a proper bank...I'd forgotten that the tutorial is so god damn bad. They know it's my second character, why are they doing this to me again?

There's always passive mode if you're trying to avoid conflict.
If you want to make sure to avoid conflict in public freeroam, you need to stand on top of a moderately high thing, preferably under a low roof of some sort, turn on passive mode, and not move. Fun for the whole family. It's actually good for when you need to check properties on your phone or whatever.

I've come to accept that public freeroam for all intents and purposes is the freeroam deathmatch people were asking for earlier. If you enter you gonna get ganked, not necessarily constantly, but at least suddenly, it's only a matter of time.

If you're low level and/or want to save up some money for a thing, stay in your garage/apartment/invite only session, start missions and spend money from there. Only enter the world if you don't have any money, or don't care about losing it, or progress for the random plans you'll make up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Decided that once I get the 500k from Rockstar, I'll spend on vehicles and customizations. After that, I'm basically done with online. The Survival nerf was essentially the final blow

Why not just stop now? Save yourself some valuable time, plus one less person moaning in the thread. Win/win

although that nerf is a bit shitty, I never found it in the first place though

KAP151

Passive mode should be removed. Its pointless. It can be abused in a multitude of ways and for noobies, its just a hospital bill waiting to happen.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
If you're low level and/or want to save up some money for a thing, stay in your garage/apartment/invite only session, start missions and spend money from there. Only enter the world if you don't have any money, or don't care about losing it, or progress for the random plans you'll make up.

I haven't had that experience. I've made it to a whopping level 7 and about 20k in the bank after 3 hours of play and in free roam i've killed one guy and been killed once. I sort of avoid the white dots, run if needed and after every job, bank cash via the app on the phone.

Lisker

Why not just stop now? Save yourself some valuable time, plus one less person moaning in the thread. Win/win

although that nerf is a bit shitty, I never found it in the first place though

I don't think it's the nerf that get's people, it's the resons why and how they implement the change. Making people bad sports for sitting in their usual hiding spot is a really retarded solution to a problem they created by not testing the damn game before release or putting the "beta" sign behind the online part.

They are making their problem our problem, and that is not how the world works.

Top Bottom