• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Tawpgun

What's the biggest TDM playground?

8 v 8 TDM in Boham were great in GTAIV. They should section off a portion of the city and just let you duke it out. Put in some vehicles.

Probably an organised group of people with one person (or more?) with the Cargobob, carrying the cars up to the top of the skyscraper.

Be hard to do with randoms.

Before release, I was expecting enough mission customization to do this. After playing online, I doubt whether this would be possible, let alone creating a train-top melee deathmatch.

What's the biggest TDM playground?

8 v 8 TDM in Boham were great in GTAIV. They should section off a portion of the city and just let you duke it out. Put in some vehicles.

idk, but I could've sworn I saw an invite to a deathmatch that allowed for 18 total players. I may have just read it wrong.

As it is now, deathmatches are the worst mode because they only have weapons/spawns in one small area. Full map deathmatches in IV were amazing. I'm hoping those get in at some point.

Gold Member
I think adding some enemy cover via wreckage is fine, since it could improve the overall level design of a Survival map. What is not fine is having "out of bounds" areas in an open world game. It's just fucking stupid. If you can get there, you should be able to play from there.
This is my take on the whole situation too. I'm fine with them changing the level layout but OOB? That's just retarded IMO.

It's my favourite mode too ;(

AReed

It's amusing to stalk people with helicopters when you're above the clouds. All they see on the radar is another white blip right on them and they're like "WTF?".

Free Roam. 8 v 8. :)

Is there fast matchmaking, weapon spawns and in-game team kill counters? Do you not have to rely on there being fifteen other people in your friends list/clan being available to do this?

It's amusing to stalk people with helicopters when you're above the clouds. All they see on the radar is another white blip right on them and they're like "WTF?".

I had a high bounty once and entered free mode far away from my safehouse. I was looking at the minimap and could see other dots closing in, but one was coming pretty quickly. It still looked like it coming off the highway, but when I looked back, I couldn't see anyone. A moment later, an airplane smashes into the ground right behind me and blows up. It hit my car, but somehow didn't kill me or cause serious damage.

So I had a bizarre encounter with a random last night...

I'm in my apartment, minding my own business. Dude strolls up and starts buzzing me like crazy. At first I ignore it, then I finally give in and buzz him up. I showed him my place, we had a few drinks, he takes a nap in my bed, we take a shower together, etc. Then I'm all like, okay, enough of this, get out of here. Dude does not leave. He proceeds to enter my garage, taking pictures of my cars, watching the TV, messing with my radio. I follow him around and turn the TV off, turn the radio off, then do the flipping off gesture to tell him it's time to go. He doesn't get the message. I realize I've got a squatter on my hands.

0_0.jpg

(Under that hockey mask, I am not amused.)

I leave my apartment. Surely this will boot him from the apartment as well, right? No, he's still in there. So I walk over to his car, which he rudely left on the steps to my apartment. I can't get in it, so I blow it up. Still he does not leave my apartment. So I jump in my Patriot and decide to leave. I get a few streets away when I notice he finally left my apartment. This is when I decide to take vengeance on the squatter. I head back to find him standing outside my apartment on the sidewalk. I proceed to smash him with the Patriot. Feeling all is well and good, I proceed to leave when I notice another player approach the squatter and begin to harass him as well. So I turn around and head back to help with the harassment. I proceed to run the squatter over several more times, taking joy with every splat.

So what did we learn today, folks? Squatters, just like snitches, get stitches.

todahawk

So I had a bizarre encounter with a random last night...

I'm in my apartment, minding my own business. Dude strolls up and starts buzzing me like crazy. At first I ignore it, then I finally give in and buzz him up. I showed him my place, we had a few drinks, he takes a nap in my bed, we take a shower together, etc. Then I'm all like, okay, enough of this, get out of here. Dude does not leave. He proceeds to enter my garage, taking pictures of my cars, watching the TV, messing with my radio. I follow him around and turn the TV off, turn the radio off, then do the flipping off gesture to tell him it's time to go. He doesn't get the message. I realize I've got a squatter on my hands.

0_0.jpg

(Under that hockey mask, I am not amused.)

I leave my apartment. Surely this will boot him from the apartment as well, right? No, he's still in there. So I walk over to his car, which he rudely left on the steps to my apartment. I can't get in it, so I blow it up. Still he does not leave my apartment. So I jump in my Patriot and decide to leave. I get a few streets away when I notice he finally left my apartment. This is when I decide to take vengeance on the squatter. I head back to find him standing outside my apartment on the sidewalk. I proceed to smash him with the Patriot. Feeling all is well and good, I proceed to leave when I notice another player approach the squatter and begin to harass him as well. So I turn around and head back to help with the harassment. I proceed to run the squatter over several more times, taking joy with every splat.

So what did we learn today, folks? Squatters, just like snitches, get stitches.

Damn son, good job!

There really should be a way to kick people from your apartment & garage. hell, it would be really nice if you could select a prompt to ask them nicely and if they don't be able to call the police and one star them and have them removed.

anyone know how to kick randoms that keep showing up in my closed lobbies? I hit triangle and get the player list but I can't figure out how to select them for the booting.

Derrick01

Banned
Still having that level up bug where it won't tell me what I'm unlocking. This is arguably the most annoying bug I've had yet since I at least like to know what I'm getting by grinding. From 27-32 I've only had it tell me once and that was when I hit 30.

Foffy

Banned
nothing in the list i posted is 'too hot' to steal :). only 100k+ value cars are too hot. those are all stealable and top of their class to boot.

Cool. What about keeping the cars? I only have enough money for a two car garage, and I have two cars there. Would replacing a car get rid of it?

E92 M3

Still having that level up bug where it won't tell me what I'm unlocking. This is arguably the most annoying bug I've had yet since I at least like to know what I'm getting by grinding. From 27-32 I've only had it tell me once and that was when I hit 30.

I wish I had that instead of being level 52 and not having access to any of the favors except bounty.

Cool. What about keeping the cars? I only have enough money for a two car garage, and I have two cars there. Would replacing a car get rid of it?

yeah it would. when the stimulus comes next week, i highly recommend buying a 10 car place with it. you'll get 250k which can buy you a 10 car easily

Foffy

Banned
yeah it would. when the stimulus comes next week, i highly recommend buying a 10 car place with it. you'll get 250k which can buy you a 10 car easily

Seems like it. For now I guess I'll just stick to my muscle car and motorcycle and buy little things like ammo, armor, and the occasional new gun/car upgrade/house. I'm a little surprised there's a lot of content in GTA Online. I don't know what the last unlock is, but it seems every 3-5 levels something opens.

I regret trying to preserve my driving stat in character creation. That is the easiest stat to level because its all yu do (unless you ride with a homie, I suppose).

To accelerate my stamina gain, I biked cross-country.

I also have my sneak up to 80/100 because I use it quite a bit walking into enemy territory, waiting for cars to arrive, walking into stores, etc.

Yeah, I also regret putting too much stuff into affecting my driving stat, stamina was pretty easy though but probably because I did a lot of running. Bicycle races helped a bit too. For stealth I just got lazy, went into my apartment and tied my analog sticks together and went in to stalk/creep/stealth mode and let my character walk in a circle for however long it took to max out.

Now I just gotta get someone to work with me on maxing out strength...

Does anyone want to do Criminal Records on PS3? You can win all the time if you want.

Add me: ShadownetX

Just send me a PM on here or on PSN to let me know who you are:) thanks!

Sorry, didn't really do it much last night, only a couple races from a Mr. Fork invite.

Apparently people don't know how to set matchmaking to "closed".

Happens to me a lot also and it drives me crazy most of the times.

Sometimes I was getting random people in my "closed" sessions which was annoying and slightly confusing.

Plasmid

Honestly, 500k is nothing. You need at least 1-2 million to get a good car & good apartment along with weapon mods & ammo. :(

haven't played in a few days, probably gonna wait until title update / heists / creation tools are added.

torontoml

So I really need a lot more money, I stole a jaguar looking car, then modded it up performance wise fully. Final tally came in at over $150 000, for the premium cars I have to buy them and then mod them. It took me almost 2 days to accumulate that $150000, how am I supposed to get into the millions if I can't get the high paying jobs yet, and the jobs I do nobody joins.

I enjoy online but I wish I could make money without having to resort to a glitching, which I haven't done yet.

Are we going to get payouts from custom heists / missions? I remember one thing people used to do in Halo Reach to speed up ranking up was creating custom Survival missions that'd give you max payouts and stuff like that, it'd be nice if that were the case here.

Acorn

So I really need a lot more money, I stole a jaguar looking car, then modded it up performance wise fully. Final tally came in at over $150 000, for the premium cars I have to buy them and then mod them. It took me almost 2 days to accumulate that $150000, how am I supposed to get into the millions if I can't get the high paying jobs yet, and the jobs I do nobody joins.

I enjoy online but I wish I could make money without having to resort to a glitching, which I haven't done yet.
Yeah, I'm trying to budget now until I can afford a Adder. Gonna take a while.

i'm gettin on xbox for the next hour doing freeroam either missions, races, or general mayhem, anything honestly.

GT: SonicXXtreme if anyone wants to join (i just changed it used to be doctor angus)

Ted

I was playing last night and after some BGAF missions/races I was messing around in free-roam, losing money hand over fist through silly deaths when I saw the old "you have more than $5,000" message ping up. I thought it was odd as I had deposited all of my mission money and had not completed any actual activities since so I checked my Maze statement and saw an odd item on there, a deposit from "GTA5-MOD-ITA":

jjo9fEy.jpg

Not sure from who, or how, or why I received this, it shows on my overview stats on the social club:

sQqNhNs.png

But not in the cash tab:

WRVWRI2.png

Weird or what. Anyone have any clues what/who this GTA5-MOD-ITA is?

Acorn

I was playing last night and after some BGAF missions/races I was messing around in free-roam, losing money hand over fist through silly deaths when I saw the old "you have more than $5,000" message ping up. I thought it was odd as I had deposited all of my mission money and had not completed any actual activities since so I checked my Maze statement and saw an odd item on there, a deposit from "GTA5-MOD-ITA":

jjo9fEy.jpg

Not sure from who, or how, or why I received this, it shows on my overview stats on the social club:

sQqNhNs.png

But not in the cash tab:

WRVWRI2.png

Sounds dodgy, like a modder clan

E92 M3

jjo9fEy.jpg

sQqNhNs.png

But not in the cash tab:

WRVWRI2.png

Wow - that's so odd; seems like some kind of hacker trying to get people in trouble?

Arcteryx

jjo9fEy.jpg

sQqNhNs.png

But not in the cash tab:

WRVWRI2.png

There's a couple ways to share large amounts of money that popped up in the last day or two, likely that's the case here.

Ted

Sounds dodgy, like a modder clan

Wow - that's so odd; seems like some kind of hacker trying to get people in trouble?

Maybe. But that makes me curious as to why anyone would give it to me. I'm generally a reasonably good samaritan online so i can't see anyone holding a grudge. Equally though I guess I'm not 500k nice so it just seems weird.

There's a couple ways to share large amounts of money that popped up in the last day or two, likely that's the case here.

Fair enough, but why me? My PSN handle is not likely to be confused with anyone else and it's not a character or two away from something either common or Italian.

[edit - also if it was from another user surely it would show in the "received from others" part of the cash stats posted above?]

All very strange.

Still, best spend it eh.

I somehow got an in-game cell phone call during the loading screen from a friend I was doing missions with. I answered and a pre-recorded voice said "You won't get away with this!"

What was that

Onikaan

Quoting myself here to see if anyone has an answer for me.

:/

I just bought a small garage for 30k. Joined my brothers game, now I don't own it and I'm 30k down...

What are the chances I'll get this back?

I think I know the answer, I just loaded the game up now for the first time since then and I still don't have a garage or my 30k.

todahawk

I somehow got an in-game cell phone call during the loading screen from a friend I was doing missions with. I answered and a pre-recorded voice said "You won't get away with this!"

What was that

They've been watching you.

re: money showing up

I was in a session last night and there was some guy giving out tons of money, like 100's of thousands. I was in my apartment and didn't get any but I'm wondering if it's glitchers trying to empty their accounts out some... not like it will make a difference, R* tracks everything.

oneils

The rooftop in bonyard isn't even a very good place to hide anyways. I don't know about other maps.

In boneyard, the best place to pick enemies off from is the white/grey trailer beside the big garage. (er, you may have already pointed this out, couldn't quite follow your conversation).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

jjo9fEy.jpg

sQqNhNs.png

But not in the cash tab:

WRVWRI2.png

interesting that you bring this up.

last night, some guy on voice chat was very confused because he said some random guy (he said the name but i cant remember it) appeared out of nowhere and gave him 800k in cash. He said that the guy was level 300, too.

he said he disappeared shortly after, so i thought that was very strange, if true.

Tawpgun

It'd be crazy if people recieving the money would be getting banned too.

Or maybe this is a benevolent modder clan spreading the wealth and maybe breaking the in game economy :p

Arcteryx

Rockstar needs to seriously re-work some of these car mods.

Spend $100,000 on upgraded brakes...barely see the brake stat increase at all...wtf

And please, give us an upgrade for top-speed. Acceleration is nice and all(3 ways to upgrade it...wtf again), but top-speed is even better.

Pennybags

Rockstar needs to seriously re-work some of these car mods.

Spend $100,000 on upgraded brakes...barely see the brake stat increase at all...wtf

And please, give us an upgrade for top-speed. Acceleration is nice and all(3 ways to upgrade it...wtf again), but top-speed is even better.

Stat bars don't mean anything in any online game ever.

Man, FUCK races. I'm terrible.

cc: VinceAutMorire and Liquid_Goat

Same here, but I can't get enough of them. GAF crew crushes me on most races and I'm usually my own worst enemy when it comes to crashing. Sitting on a 12-56 record lol.

Also, rsfour (not sure if that's your GAF name too), that emblem you made is awesome.

Maybe. But that makes me curious as to why anyone would give it to me. I'm generally a reasonably good samaritan online so i can't see anyone holding a grudge. Equally though I guess I'm not 500k nice so it just seems weird.

Fair enough, but why me? My PSN handle is not likely to be confused with anyone else and it's not a character or two away from something either common or Italian.

[edit - also if it was from another user surely it would show in the "received from others" part of the cash stats posted above?]

All very strange.

Still, best spend it eh.

interesting that you bring this up.

last night, some guy on voice chat was very confused because he said some random guy (he said the name but i cant remember it) appeared out of nowhere and gave him 800k in cash. He said that the guy was level 300, too.

he said he disappeared shortly after, so i thought that was very strange, if true.

A friend was given 156 million by a stranger last night while playing. Everyone in the server got some cash, all in the millions.

Robin hood?

Top Bottom