• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Ploid 3.0

interesting that you bring this up.

last night, some guy on voice chat was very confused because he said some random guy (he said the name but i cant remember it) appeared out of nowhere and gave him 800k in cash. He said that the guy was level 300, too.

he said he disappeared shortly after, so i thought that was very strange, if true.

I was in that room with you Red Pants. I was watching you beat up random pedestrians and stuff. I also heard that same confusion. I guess people are being nice now that they can get easy money. Giving it away to random people. The amount of money you can get is crazy and so easy with the bugatti glitch.

wait, what? seriously?

I bet they exploited the cash and tried to get rid of it...?

ibdwo9GEcPt6ht.gif

I smell a scam. Reckon you just kept getting on and off your ATV to make a pile of helmets!

Still, I don't doubt your killing ability so will steer clear of you and your mountain photo shoot.

Haha, you got me!

I was hoping someone would pick up on it, but when I saw the pile I was like dang, this photo looks like I made a mockery of all who come after me with a bounty and thought it would be funny to share.

SnakeEyes

Banned
This may be an odd question, but has anyone seen if/where you can get Molotov Cocktails in the MP? It's listed as a receivable item in the Social Club's Weapons page, but for the life of me cannot find them to purchase.

In regards to the large amounts of cash people are randomly receiving, Los Santos has Angels of Mercy?!

torontoml

Just got kicked out of landing strip because the only guy of three remaining on the ground was taking forever to clear the landing strip so I kept circling. Pissed me off quite a lot that I wasted all that time circling just to get kicked as I tried to force my landing through the enemy vehicles and people on the ground.

Dysun

Anyone get hit with rollbacks on PSN? Looks like my 3 hours of racing earlier went poof

Fucking lost all my car unlocks, god dammit Rockstar this is some bullshit

So bounties can get placed on you even if you haven't done anything?

There were no shenanigans on my part.

There are NPCs who will place a bounty on you after a certain level. I stole a car in Sandy Shores and this lady freaked out when I did it, and then I got a text saying that I would pay for what I did. Next thing? Had a bounty of $3,000 placed on me. But, it gave me a chance to get the perk of surviving 24 hours with a bounty on your head and then I got the $3k in the end.

It was worth it.

Just had a pretty great session with a fellow gaffer, starting a rampage with two buzzards to get the police on us, then grabbing and escaping with the police SUV since it seems all the rage at the moment :p

The fact that you can customize it and store it is definitely a glitch, even the paint names are all messed up in the LS Customs and resprays are free. Guess Rockstar forgot to press the 'no fun allowed' button on that particular car, but I have a feeling it will be disappearing from our garages and will become unmodifiable soon.

Cop cars have never been customizable in the history of Grand Theft Auto, I don't see them not patching this (though I really hope they don't)

Has anyone got a solid idea of what air vehicles spawn at what levels now? I apparently can not get the Cargobob to spawn any more after lvl 30 and only the Frogger spawns, which is a massive downgrade in shenanigan potential. I feel like it should cycle through the unlocked air vehicles randomly, or have some specific ones spawn at specific locations rather than the same one spawning everywhere after you rank up past a certain threshold.

I guess I'll just have to save up for a private Cargobob =D

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
I don't know if this has been said already, but any word if animals are gonna be put back in? Me and my mates were looking for sharks for like 40 min until we googled and found out :(

Grisby

I think there is a story progression related one.
Any player that is high enough can put a bounty on you for no reason at all. Or it may of been an NPC because you stole their car.
There are NPCs who will place a bounty on you after a certain level. I stole a car in Sandy Shores and this lady freaked out when I did it, and then I got a text saying that I would pay for what I did. Next thing? Had a bounty of $3,000 placed on me. But, it gave me a chance to get the perk of surviving 24 hours with a bounty on your head and then I got the $3k in the end.

It was worth it.
Thank you fellow crime bros. This game truly feels like the Wild West. No telling what another player will do.

Spoiler alert,
they're gonna try and kill my ass.

If you can place bounties higher than $3000 when you've got the extra cash to afford it, just imagine how fucked you'll be if you piss off some guy higher than level 100.

[mlp] fedoralord xXx has placed a bounty of $1,000,000 on oOoHYPAxDONGOLOIDxCRIPxSNYPExKILLAoOo.

Ploid 3.0

If you can place bounties higher than $3000 when you've got the extra cash to afford it, just imagine how fucked you'll be if you piss off some guy higher than level 100.

[mlp] fedoralord xXx has placed a bounty of $1,000,000 on oOoHYPAxDONGOLOIDxCRIPxSNYPExKILLAoOo.

You get your friend to kill you, or you lame the timer out. The death would be no problem, he'd be out 1mil no matter what. Make it very unexciting for him by dying early though. You pick who kills you if you can.

One of my friends had a $200,000 bounty placed on him by one of his friends. He said it was madness. Every player on the server was coming for him.

Random tip for missions where you have to steal RVs: have someone stand on top and shoot attackers. If it's set to auto-aim/the RV stander is a good shot, it's way easier than everyone trying to shoot while driving. You can go max speed and not fall off the top

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Random tip for missions where you have to steal RVs: have someone stand on top and shoot attackers. If it's set to auto-aim/the RV stander is a good shot, it's way easier than everyone trying to shoot while driving. You can go max speed and not fall off the top

cool to know

Acorn

Guy rolling around in a tank here. Placed a bounty on me for whatever reason. I called a mugger who pulled him out the tank and the cops shot him whilst I watched from my apartment.

Justice.

RawNuts

I called a mugger who pulled him out the tank and the cops shot him whilst I watched from my apartment.
That is a brilliant idea; I just figured that if I saw someone rolling around in a tank, they would pretty much be unstoppable but now I'll know this for whenever I need to use it.

Photo thread seems to be dead, so I'll post these here.

Made an emblem for my other, non-gaf crew.
0_0.jpg

My friend took a dump in LS; it went well.
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
God damnit fuck shit piss.. I'm so mother fucking tired of seeing Michael's god damn fucking intro because I got kicked out of this bitch ass multiplayer after a race. Fuckin rockstar fix your shitty shit.

God damnit fuck shit piss.. I'm so mother fucking tired of seeing Michael's god damn fucking intro because I got kicked out of this bitch ass multiplayer after a race. Fuckin rockstar fix your shitty shit.

I'm getting kicked constantly by other players, farming or some shit. Make a private lobby you dicks.

GavinGT

Banned
I just laundered all my dirty money through legitimate front organizations. Rockstar will never be able to follow the paper trail.

Just got kicked out of landing strip because the only guy of three remaining on the ground was taking forever to clear the landing strip so I kept circling. Pissed me off quite a lot that I wasted all that time circling just to get kicked as I tried to force my landing through the enemy vehicles and people on the ground.

I managed to do that on normal. Team was dead so I just smashed through. Plane exploded just before the mission passed screen.

uberluigi

Banned
Blow up some dudes car by accident during a mission and now stuck with this stupid hat. Wtf this is bullshit, is the wait ingame time or real life?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
and the jobs I do nobody joins.

I used to wonder why people weren't joining but then one time I get an invite to something I wanted to do but was in the middle of a police chase with a 3 star wanted level. I had the choice of paying for it to be removed or ignore the invite and carry on escaping. I chose the latter.

Not saying this is the case all the time but when you hear of stories of bounties, vendettas etc people are experiencing it's no wonder it's hard to fill lobbies.

GavinGT

Banned
I used to wonder why people weren't joining but then one time I get an invite to something I wanted to do but was in the middle of a police chase with a 3 star wanted level. I had the choice of paying for it to be removed or ignore the invite and carry on escaping. I chose the latter.

Not saying this is the case all the time but when you hear of stories of bounties, vendettas etc people are experiencing it's no wonder it's hard to fill lobbies.

I'll also get a single person to join, only for them to leave 15 seconds later due to impatience. Or we'll start the mission and they'll quit in the first couple minutes. It's a real blast.

The majority of rooms I'm joining now are full of people doing the same race over and over again. This is what's ruining my experience at the minute. Not Rockstar.

Top Bottom